Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) (14853 Views)

Ever Made Okra Soup With Turkey,then Try This! / How To Prepare Efo Riro With Pounded Yam / How To Preserve My Ground Melon (Egusi) And Locust Beans (Iru)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by 4sure72(f): 5:55am On Aug 31, 2009
Hi, there
we need receipe for vegetable soap(efo riro) with locus beans.
then any other 9ja receipe [ls
if you can help with the picture is perfect.
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by chiejik(f): 11:03am On Aug 31, 2009
what is efo riro?

vegetable soup is just water leave and pumpkin
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Oluschenco(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2009
Iru + Onga (seasoning) + dried fish will do good
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by tpia5: 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2009
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by tpia5: 4:40pm On Sep 01, 2009

add some of the efo riro to this rice:

Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Fhemmmy: 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2009
I like that soup with rice and nothing else.
I hate it with solid food {swallow, as they call it in Nija}
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by chiejik(f): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2009

the first soup looks like green leave,hausa soup grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Fhemmmy: 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2009
This thread is becoming addictive to my stomach oh.
i keep coming back to it.
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by adeola2707: 3:36pm On Oct 07, 2009
To make efo riro.

chopped onion
ground pepper
iru
palmoil
crayfish/dryfish
Efo

Method

Blend tatase , rodo and onion together ( adding tomatoe will make it go off quickly, use tatase and onion to ease peppery taste)

Cut you vegetable, and add boiling water ( to make it soft and to kill germs)

Put iru in a small bowl, add salt and water and mix together with your hand

Prepare your crayfish( soak and clean with hot water)

Preparation

Put some red oil in a pot (allow it to bleach for som time on low heat)

Add your prepared iru and chopped onion (allow to fry for 2-3 minutes)

Add your ground pepper, and your other ingredient (i.e crayfish etc)

Add maggi and all purpose seasoning, and salt ( taste for salt, )

Cover pot and allow sauce to cooked for 8-10 minutes

Add your vegetable, turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 3-5mins (again, taste for salt)

If taste is ok. turn off cooker, if not add seasoning and allow to simmer for 2minutes

FOOD IS READY

I hope this helps
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Hauwa1: 7:38pm On Oct 07, 2009
efo riro with oyinbo spinach is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Kunbee: 1:52am On Oct 08, 2009
@tpia pls stop posting pics im drooling tongue
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by debest1(m): 9:56am On Oct 08, 2009
i go chop ooooooooo
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by chiejik(f): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2009
yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by debest1(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2009
lol, abeg who knws any incantation i fit use to convert that photo to reality, i need dat pounded yam right NOW!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2009
debest1:

lol, abeg who knws any incantation i fit use to convert that photo to reality, i need dat pounded yam right NOW!
grin grin
Just close your eyes and say after me, "you food, i command you to leave the screen and come into my presence, and i will eat you with love and sound mind"
and it will happen.
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Hauwa1: 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
do not try to make efo riro soup with the spinach at walmart or your grocery stores grin grin
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Fhemmmy: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2009
What is the diference to the one sold at oshodi market?
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Hauwa1: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2009
make i explain shocked grin
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by debest1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2009
*Hauwa*:

make i explain shocked grin
oya explain
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Fhemmmy: 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2009
still waiting for the explanation oh
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Hauwa1: 9:22pm On Oct 08, 2009
omg!, can u even compare baby spinach to nigeria efo/spinach?
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by Fhemmmy: 4:08am On Oct 09, 2009
Spinach is Spinach, either baby or granpa
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by debest1(m): 10:19am On Oct 09, 2009
*Hauwa*:

omg!, can u even compare baby spinach to nigeria efo/spinach?
to be honest i hate using oyibo spinach for efo
Re: Vegetable soup with locust beans (efo Riro with Iru) by mamagee6(f): 7:50pm On Oct 12, 2009
I think it would taste disgusting.

(1) (Reply)

"There Is No Evidence"-Minister Of Health Reacts To Reports Of Plastic Rice.PICS / What Was The First Thing You Learned To Cook? / Government Warns Residents On Poisonous Ponmo In Lagos Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.