Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,438 members, 7,801,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (32531 Views)

Are True Christians Suppose To Participate In Politics? / Why True Christians See Leah Sheribu As A Huge Source Of Inspiration / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by robosky02(m): 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
Akinaukwa:

A clap for you my brother for these explanations. I wouldnt know why Nairaland would permit such rubbish from religious bigots. If he is scared of studying medicine he should go and study zoology, simple.

you're welcome

*we can make the world a better place if we do our bit*
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
Congratulations.. You just played yourself.

You call yourself a Christian and you don't take time to study the Bible. People like you make the Christian community look bad.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 17, 2016
Your just spitting thrash. That sign came from the bible .
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by macjireh: 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
Good day!.....
I believe there are Christians in here. I am here to speak on an issue which I have taken time to think through.
I see a lot of christian folks in the medical profession and most times I ask what they are doing there. Every medical doctor is under an oath which Its origin is not fully known. Before u can be a doctor, u will have to swear the HIPPOCRATIC OATH......on the day of your INDUCTION. in the Christian faith, it was clearly stated that swearing of any form is not allowed and considered a sin. Why then do I see Christians in medical school? Are they not aware of this OATH? Or did they just choose to turn a blind eye to the truth?
The medical profession has always been like a cult since the days of Hippocrates. It was initially designed with knowledge of secrets of the practice that should only be passed down to children of physicians in the olden days. Medical practise actually started like a brotherhood/cult.....the medical logo says it all(a snake wrapping a cross).....my point here is anybody who calls himself a true Christian cannot become a medical doctor without SIN (TAKING THE OATH).

So my dear Christian friends, are you really for God or do you choose to go against his instruction just because you want to enjoy the gains of being a medical doctor?.......THATS BEING A HIPPOCRITE!

MR OP, ITS CALLED GIVING TO CAESAR WAT BELONGS TO CAESAR. ITS NO SIN...... D DEVIL SHOULD NOT DEFINE WAT SIN IS TO D BELIEVER
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by pankere(m): 5:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
It's always amazing when you see someone who can read and write and who went to school and still has this level of ignorance! I am amazed! OP I cry for you! cry
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Josh1000: 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
Good day!.....
I believe there are Christians in here. I am here to speak on an issue which I have taken time to think through.
I see a lot of christian folks in the medical profession and most times I ask what they are doing there. Every medical doctor is under an oath which Its origin is not fully known. Before u can be a doctor, u will have to swear the HIPPOCRATIC OATH......on the day of your INDUCTION. in the Christian faith, it was clearly stated that swearing of any form is not allowed and considered a sin. Why then do I see Christians in medical school? Are they not aware of this OATH? Or did they just choose to turn a blind eye to the truth?
The medical profession has always been like a cult since the days of Hippocrates. It was initially designed with knowledge of secrets of the practice that should only be passed down to children of physicians in the olden days. Medical practise actually started like a brotherhood/cult.....the medical logo says it all(a snake wrapping a cross).....my point here is anybody who calls himself a true Christian cannot become a medical doctor without SIN (TAKING THE OATH).

So my dear Christian friends, are you really for God or do you choose to go against his instruction just because you want to enjoy the gains of being a medical doctor?.......THATS BEING A HIPPOCRITE!

The logo is from the Bible, When Moses asked the children of Israel to look at the serpent on the rod and be healed.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Meritocracy: 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
You write up is not complete by not saying that all christian shoudn't go to hospital to for medical attention from those who volunteer to study medicine and took oath.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by peter1616: 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2016
Op is as if one useless pastor ve brain washed you. Better think right and stop deceiving urself .
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by bakingsoda: 5:22pm On Jun 17, 2016
Was op denied admission to study medicine, and he is trying to console himself? Anyway see my signature grin
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Domislaz(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
OP are they hypocrites, hippocrates or both. As in, like seriously were they being initiated into Greek Cult?
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by spesh007(f): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
SHUT UP MY FRIEND.. SHEY BECAUSE YOU FAILED JAMB AND COULDN'T MEET MEDICINE CUT OFF MARK , YOU NOW WANT TO TALK NONSENSE FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR MOUTH. YOU WILL FAIL AGAIN NEXT YEAR, AND WHEN YOU FINALLY FALL SICK , I PRAY A FULANI HERDSMAN DOCTOR WILL TREAT YOU.... NINCOMPOOP

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by hotspec(m): 5:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
me b like...

2 Likes

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by feran15(m): 5:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
Read the Hippocratic oath and check the medical logo.......then come back and tell me this. Medicine is of an ancient tradition that most doctors know nothing about. Read about the history of curing diseases, you will see that medical profession is like a cult.

the logo is the symbol of hermes, the greek god of hospitality, hence the name, hospital. its not a cult
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by feran15(m): 5:30pm On Jun 17, 2016
Josh1000:

The logo is from the Bible, When Moses asked the children of Israel to look at the serpent on the rod and be healed.

no, its the staff and the snakes of hermes, the god of hospitality
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Pitakwa123(m): 5:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
angry bullshit post.
I'm sure the author of this post doesn't understand what Christianity is all about.

Remember Christianity is different from Judaism
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by chidiandre(m): 5:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
seriously seriously.....do any of you think before posting anything here or u feed off the attention u get by posting rubbish ....
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Lushka(m): 5:46pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
Good day!.....

Another Uselu patient on the loose. Please restrict your myopic reasoning to your brain.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by urahara(m): 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
Good day!.....

Your ignorance is sexy
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Blessograo(f): 5:48pm On Jun 17, 2016
Please if you fall sick stay at home and don't go close to a medical practitioner
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by goodman3(m): 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
spesh007:
SHUT UP MY FRIEND.. SHEY BECAUSE YOU FAILED JAMB AND COULDN'T MEET MEDICINE CUT OFF MARK , YOU NOW WANT TO TALK NONSENSE FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF YOUR MOUTH. YOU WILL FAIL AGAIN NEXT YEAR, AND WHEN YOU FINALLY FALL SICK , I PRAY A FULANI HERDSMAN DOCTOR WILL TREAT YOU.... NINCOMPOOP
hahahahaha.......quite funny. I am a 500 level student of medicine and surgery so don't go there.

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by urahara(m): 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
King ebukas blog come and see o grin. Later king ebuka will say you cant be foolish when u have jesus and that all atheist are slow
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2016
Where are the medical doctors in the house?
Please come ohhh
Cc: Med Doctors
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Domislaz(m): 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
hahahahaha.......quite funny. I am a 500 level student of medicine and surgery so don't go there.

This is getting interesting. Does it mean that they will soon initiate you into their cult?

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by boiprinz(m): 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
You need an aorta of intelligence.

Say NO to religion fanatics
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by davien(m): 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
Pitakwa123:
angry bullshit post.
I'm sure the author of this post doesn't understand what Christianity is all about.

Remember Christianity is different from Judaism
Really? But you still have and believe the Jewish Torah as your old testament and venerate Jewish prophets. grin

Confused set of people. smiley

1 Like

Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Blessograo(f): 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
wow never knew you loved me and my course to protect us from critics, meanwhile if the person who posted that fall sick or fainting in aour presence in the public it doesn't stop us from treating her immediately maybe her spirit can refuse the treatment grin
robosky02:
OP let me educate you a bit it seems you are an ignoramus,
you would have simply ask why the oath.
because the benefitof MEDICINE to humanity can not be quantified.

This is the original version of the Hippocratic Oath, in Greek and then followed by the English translation:

ὄμνυμι Ἀπόλλωνα ἰητρὸν καὶ Ἀσκληπιὸν καὶ Ὑγείαν καὶ Πανάκειαν καὶ θεοὺς πάντας τε καὶπάσας, ἵστορας ποιεύμενος, ἐπιτελέα ποιήσειν κατὰ δύναμιν καὶ κρίσιν ἐμὴν ὅρκον τόνδε καὶσυγγραφὴν τήνδε:

ἡγήσεσθαι μὲν τὸν διδάξαντά με τὴν τέχνην ταύτην ἴσα γενέτῃσιν ἐμοῖς,καὶ βίου κοινώσεσθαι, καὶ χρεῶν χρηΐζοντι μετάδοσιν ποιήσεσθαι, καὶ γένος τὸ ἐξ αὐτοῦἀδελφοῖς ἴσον ἐπικρινεῖν ἄρρεσι, καὶ διδάξειν τὴν τέχνην ταύτην, ἢν χρηΐζωσι μανθάνειν,ἄνευ μισθοῦ καὶ συγγραφῆς, παραγγελίης τε καὶ ἀκροήσιος καὶ τῆς λοίπης ἁπάσης μαθήσιοςμετάδοσιν ποιήσεσθαι υἱοῖς τε ἐμοῖς καὶ τοῖς τοῦ ἐμὲ διδάξαντος, καὶ μαθητῇσισυγγεγραμμένοις τε καὶ ὡρκισμένοις νόμῳ ἰητρικῷ, ἄλλῳ δὲ οὐδενί.

διαιτήμασί τε χρήσομαιἐπ᾽ ὠφελείῃ καμνόντων κατὰ δύναμιν καὶ κρίσιν ἐμήν, ἐπὶ δηλήσει δὲ καὶ ἀδικίῃ εἴρξειν.

οὐδώσω δὲ οὐδὲ φάρμακον οὐδενὶ αἰτηθεὶς θανάσιμον, οὐδὲ ὑφηγήσομαι συμβουλίην τοιήνδε: ὁμοίως δὲ οὐδὲ γυναικὶ πεσσὸν φθόριον δώσω.

ἁγνῶς δὲ καὶ ὁσίως διατηρήσω βίοντὸν ἐμὸν καὶ τέχνην τὴν ἐμήν.

οὐ τεμέω δὲ οὐδὲ μὴν λιθιῶντας, ἐκχωρήσω δὲ ἐργάτῃσιν ἀνδράσι πρήξιος τῆσδε.

ἐς οἰκίας δὲ ὁκόσας ἂν ἐσίω, ἐσελεύσομαι ἐπ᾽ ὠφελείῃκαμνόντων, ἐκτὸς ἐὼν πάσης ἀδικίης ἑκουσίης καὶ φθορίης, τῆς τε ἄλλης καὶ ἀφροδισίωνἔργων ἐπί τε γυναικείων σωμάτων καὶ ἀνδρῴων, ἐλευθέρων τε καὶ δούλων.

ἃ δ᾽ ἂν ἐνθεραπείῃ ἢ ἴδω ἢ ἀκούσω, ἢ καὶ ἄνευ θεραπείης κατὰ βίον ἀνθρώπων, ἃ μὴ χρή ποτεἐκλαλεῖσθαι ἔξω, σιγήσομαι, ἄρρητα ἡγεύμενος εἶναι τὰ τοιαῦτα.
ὅρκον μὲν οὖν μοι τόνδεἐπιτελέα ποιέοντι, καὶ μὴ συγχέοντι, εἴη ἐπαύρασθαι καὶ βίου καὶ τέχνης δοξαζομένῳ παρὰπᾶσιν ἀνθρώποις ἐς τὸν αἰεὶ χρόνον: παραβαίνοντι δὲ καὶ ἐπιορκέοντι, τἀναντία τούτων.[4]

the English translation:

I swear by Apollo The Healer, by Asclepius, by Hygieia, by Panacea, and by all the Gods and Goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will carry out, according to my ability and judgment, this oath and this indenture.

To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the physician’s oath, but to nobody else.

I will use treatment to help the sick according to my ability and judgment, but never with a view to injury and wrong-doing. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.

Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman, bond or free. And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.
Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I transgress it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.[5]

the Modern version:

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:...

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.
If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

Written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Academic Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University, and used in many medical schools today.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by vicque(f): 6:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
where's uncle Ben Bruce. ...somebody needs to borrow his common sense cos this op has lost his..... angrywhere's uncle Ben Bruce. ...somebody needs to borrow his common sense cos this op has lost his.....
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by emorse(m): 6:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
Pavore9:
Ignorance is deadly!
I swear!!! Pun intended.
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by donmoz(m): 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
ValentineMary:
Ironically one of the attributed writers of ur gospel (Luke) was a physician. And OP the snake sign is not a cult sign ooo in fact it was gotten from the story of Moses when God told Moses to make a bronze serpent.

Christians on nairaland would not kill me with laughter.

I agree with the fact that there is nothing wrong with being a physician but I disagree with the fact that u said the snake was gotten from the story of moses...true moses made a bronze snake and lifted it but that is not whr it was gotten from...the snake represents Asclepius....you can google it for more clarification
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by yakubumohammed81(m): 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
goodman3:
Good day!.....

in the Holy Qur'an.. It says if you kill a soul its as if you have killed the whole of humanity and if you save a life its also the same... Where is the hippocracy in that... Guy you need to have a rethink
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by cococandy(f): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Mental case
Re: Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE by Domislaz(m): 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
To all of you saying that the OP is ignorant, notice that he said that he is studying Medicine at the moment(500L student) . If he is truly ignorant what happens to the people that will be treated in his hospital? Or do we have ignorant Doctors?
goodman3:

This OP is not ignorant. He made a subjective observation and you all keep bashing him up and down. Dear nairalanders, when will all these bashing cease?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kemi Olunloyo: Pastor Ibiyeomie Has Acted Unchrist-like / "62-Year-Old Lady Gives Birth After 7 Years Of Pregnancy" - Facebook User Claims / Marriage Alert: Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Splashes Millions On Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.