Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,764 members, 7,806,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. (63740 Views)

Reps Battle Amaechi Over Infrastructure In South East / 10 Cities With The Best Road Infrastructure In Nigeria-opinion / Ogbeni Aregbesola's Road infrastructure In Osun (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by makaveli902: 9:59am On Jun 18, 2016
SWG25:
Hmmm

I've come to realise that Nigerians - a vast majority (over 85 percent) of Nigerians are ignorant - fantastically ignorant.

Infrastructure is more than showing us a few motorable roads or a semi-urban environment. Infrastructure covers a broad number of items in so many areas. Do any of these "cities" you mentioned have any of the following?

1. Good water infrastructure
2. Good transport infrastrucuture
3. Good power infrastructure
4. Good educational infrastructure
5. Good health infrastructure
6. Good housing infrastructure

These are the key areas you you should appraise when rating the level of infrastructural development in a city.

Now, go through your list again and recheck if any of these cities have all the above infrastructures in place.

By the way, Nigeria is one of the most infrastrucutrally deficient countries in West Africa

According to the Word Economic Forum reports (2015), Nigeria has an infrastructure rating of 2.1 out of 7.

Ivory coast scored 3.6
Ghana scored 2.7
Benin scored 2.3
Gambia scored 3.3
Liberia scored 2.6
Cape Verde scored 3.3
Senegal scored 3.0
Mali scored 3.1

Thank you my man, many people don't know the meaning of that word infrastructure imagine calling a round-about with a water fountain (ONDO STATE) to be an infrastructure.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by CarmelloANGEL(m): 10:12am On Jun 18, 2016
makaveli902:

Thank you my man, many people don't know the meaning of that word infrastructure imagine calling a round-about with a water fountain (ONDO STATE) to be an infrastructure.
Except you've not been there...Akure to be precise.
You are leaving out the wide and motorable roads, you can move from one part of Akure to the other with ease, you are hardly held up in traffic and you hardly see a bad road, check out that Taxis in Akure, they are in pristine condition cos of this. You are also forgetting the hospitals, schools and even the buses that transport students. Electricity and water is on the Average as seen also everywhere else in Nigeria.
Using Nigeria standards, such a place isn't doing bad.

Know that all these countries too have their different challenges they are facing. With our population, Nigeria isn't that bad compared to these countries. Only God knows what the likes of CIV and the rest would be facing now if they had the population we have.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by MrGerald(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
Sorry I meant to post this but the first one is Akwa ooo
the first one is also Onitsha
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Spiff20(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2016
It's an undeniable fact that Abuja (the political capital and adminstrative headquarters of Nigeria), Lagos (the hub of nigeria's economy) and port harcourt(the oil capital and heart of the Niger delta) are the major cities in nigeria and so are well advanced infrastructually. So those of you screaming kano calm down and op if there's anyway you can put enugu and ibadan at a spot pls do it i no fit separate fight.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by lacasera14(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Igboid:
OP listed his. Here is mine:
1,Enugu 2,Owerri 3,Asaba 4,Onitsha 5,Awka 6,Abakaliki 7,Uyo 8, Calabar 9, PH 10,Umuahia 11,Aba 12, Okigwe 13,Ikotekpene 14 Agbor 15Afigbo
well i feel obliged to correct a delusional kid here's the list
1. Lagos 2. Abuja 3. Port Harcourt 4. Ibadan 5. Kano 6. Benin 7. Calabar 8. Uyo 9. Kaduna 10. Owerri 11. Enugu 12. Onitsha
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by lacasera14(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Igboid:
OP listed his. Here is mine:
1,Enugu 2,Owerri 3,Asaba 4,Onitsha 5,Awka 6,Abakaliki 7,Uyo 8, Calabar 9, PH 10,Umuahia 11,Aba 12, Okigwe 13,Ikotekpene 14 Agbor 15Afigbo
1. Lagos 2. Abuja 3. Port Harcourt 4. Ibadan 5. Kano 6. Benin 7. Calabar 8. Uyo 9. Kaduna 10. Owerri 11. Enugu 12. Onitsha
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by B2mario(m): 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
inlandtaipan:
See billionaire chinonso dike grin

See as e head dey like a cursed slowpoke
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Igboid: 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
lacasera14:

1. Lagos
2. Abuja
3. Port Harcourt
4. Ibadan
5. Kano
6. Benin
7. Calabar
8. Uyo
9. Kaduna
10. Owerri
11. Enugu
12. Onitsha

You can. Always list yours without quoting mine. This Ikwerre man.

1 Like

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
Ibadan
So, University college hospital, ibadan follow for the kyn infrastructure
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by bryan1991: 7:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Royat1:

This one na lie ,how akure go get infrastructure pass Ogun state. That's a Big lie . have u been to Ogun state lately ? undecided shocked lipsrsealed

Port Harcourt was even rated 3rd, unbelievable.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Ralphdan(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
That's just one reason why AKURE is ahead of Awka grin grin grin grin

Because of the damn school righ?
Lol u such a joke.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Ralphdan(m): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
1.The dome international event center AKURE (Awka na village for where Akure dey) grin grin grin grin

pls we re tired of seeing dis dome abeg.The only completed project by all past government of ur damn state.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Ralphdan(m): 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
Op go and explore kano well am serving there,and i dnt see any city that can be compered to knao except lagos and Abuja.even lagos no reach in terms of gud roads.Imfact kwankwaso did wonders here.
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 10:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Port-harcourt
4.Ibadan
5.Kano
6.Uyo
7.Enugu
8.Calabar
9.Onitsha
10.Kaduna
11.Warri
12.Akure
13.Akwa
14.Benin
15.Minna

According to the summarization of public opinion formula cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

why can't you stop this rating for God sake.....I have always known you to be a tribal bigot....and I wonder why you haven't been banned...FOR your information and advice..,do yourself well by leaving your environment and travel round and see how far states have developed....some state infrastructure are not always placed online.....TRy and visit kANO and OWERRI and when you come back you will stone your governor...dis issue of akure and Ibadan been developed will stop.....don't always deceive yourself and your governors by portraying bad to be good....JUST TRY AND VISIT DIS TWO CITIES

I can show you some online pics...watch on

d pics above are OWERRi..

more of owerri

1 Like

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 11:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Port-harcourt
4.Ibadan
5.Kano
6.Uyo
7.Enugu
8.Calabar
9.Onitsha
10.Kaduna
11.Warri
12.Akure
13.Akwa
14.Benin
15.Minna

According to the summarization of public opinion formula cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
more from OWERRI

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Port-harcourt
4.Ibadan
5.Kano
6.Uyo
7.Enugu
8.Calabar
9.Onitsha
10.Kaduna
11.Warri
12.Akure
13.Akwa
14.Benin
15.Minna

OWERRI

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 11:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Port-harcourt
4.Ibadan
5.Kano
6.Uyo
7.Enugu
8.Calabar
9.Onitsha
10.Kaduna
11.Warri
12.Akure
13.Akwa
14.Benin
15.Minna

Owerri

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 11:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Port-harcourt
4.Ibadan
5.Kano
6.Uyo
7.Enugu
8.Calabar
9.Onitsha
10.Kaduna
11.Warri
12.Akure
13.Akwa
14.Benin
15.Minna

more of owerri

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Boyedex: 11:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
obaino860:

why can't you stop this rating for God sake.....I have always known you to be a tribal bigot....and I wonder why you haven't been banned...FOR your information and advice..,do yourself well by leaving your environment and travel round and see how far states have developed....some state infrastructure are not always placed online.....TRy and visit kANO and OWERRI and when you come back you will stone your governor...dis issue of akure and Ibadan been developed will stop.....don't always deceive yourself and your governors by portraying bad to be good....JUST TRY AND VISIT DIS TWO CITIES

I can show you some online pics...watch on

d pics above are OWERRi..

more of owerri
It's comments like this that shows ignorance instead. You don't have to believe it, but Ibadan will always be more developed than owerri or any eastern town

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 11:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Henrydone:
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Port-harcourt
4.Ibadan
5.Kano
6.Uyo
7.Enugu
8.Calabar
9.Onitsha
10.Kaduna
11.Warri
12.Akure
13.Akwa
14.Benin
15.Minna

I don't have time to upload and send pictures...but do urself a favour by visiting...please...at least is part of learning... try and visit KANO and OWERRI please...and see wonders on earth.....

I should have also shown you were d common man leaves and their decency in building...duplex is littered everywhere ...just visit and see wonders
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Boyedex: 12:01am On Jun 19, 2016
And a few more.

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 12:07am On Jun 19, 2016
Henrydone:
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Port-harcourt
4.Ibadan
5.Kano
6.Uyo
7.Enugu
8.Calabar
9.Onitsha
10.Kaduna
11.Warri
12.Akure
13.Akwa
14.Benin
15.Minna

please see more of OWErri on dis thread.....you can google it. ""Owerri- the glory of d south east".
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Abagworo(m): 12:43am On Jun 19, 2016
obaino860:

I don't have time to upload and send pictures...but do urself a favour by visiting...please...at least is part of learning... try and visit KANO and OWERRI please...and see wonders on earth.....

I should have also shown you were d common man leaves and their decency in building...duplex is littered everywhere ...just visit and see wonders

Owerri is almost completely different from most Nigerian cities with it's unique greenery especially the new parts. Old Owerri is like what is displayed here as beautiful I then wonder how marveled anyone visiting New Owerri for the first time would be.

[IMG]https://s26.postimg.org/fwdze6k9l/0000central3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://s26.postimg.org/jq2u9lc7t/0000central2.jpg[/IMG]

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by AmericanQuarter: 1:56am On Jun 19, 2016
obaino860:

more of owerri

Take note your last pix is an area from high density zone of Awka, I mean the pix with those serene highrise flats

2 Likes

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by muri4mig(m): 4:38am On Jun 19, 2016
Before I open the thread, I know their can never be lokoja. Are we course? Nothing good ever come out of the state. Development wise, we rock the bottom. But why? Kogites!

1 Like

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by Rossikk(m): 5:04am On Jun 19, 2016
How come Ibadan could afford to build Cocoa House in 1965, but no other skyscraper till now, 2016?

It's like everyone there just went to sleep after Awo.

1 Like

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by jonddon(m): 7:46am On Jun 19, 2016
Henrydone:
1.Lagos
2.Abuja
3.Port-harcourt
4.Ibadan
5.Kano
6.Uyo
7.Enugu
8.Calabar
9.Onitsha
10.Kaduna
11.Warri
12.Akure
13.Akwa
14.Benin
15.Minna

Did u just mention akure? . D town is walk!! !! I school there
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by RockHard: 7:59am On Jun 19, 2016
Rossikk:
How come Ibadan could afford to build Cocoa House in 1965, but no other skyscraper till now, 2016?

It's like everyone there just went to sleep after Awo.

Bros, you are talking of Ibadan Cocoa House (27-storey) when even up till today some regions and states still can't boast of even one single 15-storey building, not to talk of 20-storey. No be small thing o.

3 Likes

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:08am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:
It's comments like this that shows ignorance instead. You don't have to believe it, but Ibadan will always be more developed than owerri or any eastern town

I laugh when I see people like you....keep living in deceit....but do urself a favour by paying a visit to ENUGU and OWERRI......if you still have time..visit umuahia,awka,abalike,abiriba,awka,Nnewi,Onitsha,aba,afikpo,orlu etc and also our villages
Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:12am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

but before d visit,,these are some of d online pics of OWERRI

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:16am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:
more of OWERri

Re: 15 Cities With The Best Infrastructure In Nigeria. by obaino860: 9:25am On Jun 19, 2016
Boyedex:

more of OWERRi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Marries Sa’adatu Barkindo-Musdafa - Premium Times / Tunde Sabiu, Buhari's Nephew Is A Billionaire At 20 - Junaid Mohammed / Court Affirms Hope Uzodinma As Imo APC Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.