Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Difference Between Militant And Terrorist - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Difference Between Militant And Terrorist (24230 Views)

Hypocrite Buhari / Militant Attacks: FG Suspects Foreign Conspiracy / Blackout: 19 Plants Shut As Militant Attacks Shrink Gas Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by jamalnation(m): 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2016
Macwytt:
all we want is OUR OIL!
go and drink your oil will eat our yam
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by OjukwuWarBird: 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2016
Doyin2:

I pity your shallow knowledge.So your definition of terror exclude that used by Niger Delta or Islamic militants?

Many Nigerians are so lazy to read or carry out their own independent research, such that they become so gullible to any trash thrown at them,either mischievously or ignorantly..

The FBI uses this definition: "Terrorism is the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives."

According to the oxford dictionary:

Militancy is the use of confrontational or violent methods in support of a political or social cause:

Boko Haram and Niger Delta Avengers and the likes are all terrorists!

It is high time we stopped all this nonsensical affiliations.What is bad is bad.Terror is terror, whether by Niger Delta militants or Islamic Militants!

We should also learn to distinguish freedom fighters or agitators,secessionist,etc,from militants.

An agitator,freedom fighter,rights activists,secessionist,etc are normally expected to be non militant or non violent.But if they now apply non provoked violence,terror or militancy,they become what they choose to become:militants or Terrorists!

SMH undecided.

Your illiteracy is legendary. Check the meaning of militancy and terrorism in your dictionary
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by NickMark1(m): 10:04pm On Jun 17, 2016
marketresearch:
well i dont know of difference i know of similarities

1. They aall fight for selfish reasons
2. They are killers and murderers
3. They are kidnappers
4. They always go through violent means to get what they want
5. They usually hide under religion or tribe
6. They always claim they are fighting for a just cause
7. They are usually politically motivated
8. They are usually bunch of power hungry miscreant
9. They thrive through propaganda
10. They both uses guns and bombs
11. Lots of Innocent lives are usually losts in the process
12. They are never satisfied no matter what you give them
13. They cant be trusted
14. They are here and wont be surprised when im being quoted
militants are good to go..
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by rafcrown(m): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MAD MAN AND A CRAZY MAN?TERRORIST S AND MILITANTS ARE BOTH CRIMINALS.PERIOD.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by AnanseK(m): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2016
Terrorists and Militants have similar objectives and use similar means for achieving them, but the term Terrorists is reserved for Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by bg0074real(m): 11:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
Well, in conclusion; a militant can be a terrorist.
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by Kdon2: 2:50am On Jun 18, 2016
marketresearch:

3. They are kidnappers
13. They cant be trusted

Monkey
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by rhektor(m): 3:36am On Jun 18, 2016
Since both are waging guerilla war they are the same. Forget about the adjectives used to describe them. NDA are crippling the economy while bokoharam are destroying lives and property, both are working for selfish reason, their actions amount to treason, they are politically motivated.
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by livebullet(m): 4:25am On Jun 18, 2016
E.g make a sentence with the word terrorist.
Ans: APC is a terrorist organisation.
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:10am On Jun 18, 2016
It has now been confirmed, by multiple sources, that Omar Mateen, the shooter in the Orlando massacre, was himself gay. He frequently visited the same club that he committed the massacre in, and he attempted to initiate dates on a famous gay-dating app. Additionally, he was born and raised in America. His wife, father and community have all claimed that he was not religious in the slightest. Multiple eyewitness reports indicate that he would get drunk at the very club he committed the massacre in, and would have to be kicked out because of his unruly behavior. Colleagues and acquaintances have mentioned that he was a loner, a social introvert, and prone to make violent statements and threats against other people. His wife left him because he beat her and was physically abusive. Yet, the media continues to ask questions about 'radical Islam' and about Islam's stance on homosexuality. What blatant hypocrisy! He wasn't a 'radical Muslim'. He was a mentally deranged psychopathic American closet homosexual who was battling with his sexual identity. Instead of concentrating on his mental issues, and on the easy gun laws that our country is notorious for, politicians and media pundits wish to cast all of that aside, and choose the easier target of questioning his faith, and of Islam's stance on sexual issues. The guy was mental, plain and simple. Islam's stance on homosexuality is IRRELEVANT to this massacre, period. Article written by Yasir Qadhi Facebook page: Muslim Events In UK Please forward it

2 Likes

Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by ayindejimmy(m): 6:51am On Jun 18, 2016
shaboti:
And there is also a big difference btwn peaceful protesters and terrorists.

Cc: yoruba illiterates

Whats causing all excitement?
If you understand anything at all, you'll notice there's a very thing line between terrorism and militancy.
Did the NDA use violence means or not?
Did they scare away innocent people or not?
Was their acts of violent motivated by political reasons or not ?
Now, in their struggle, have they taken any life or not?
The very moment these people in the Niger Delta Avengers decided to put their intentions into actions by taking up arms to intimidate, scaring away people, destroying properties and killing people - they've crossed that line.

And don't tell they haven't killed anyone - please! Who's been laying ambush and killing soldiers and civilians-Boko Haram?

The government is just being diplomatic by calling them Militants

The dictionary has purely defined them
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by Abutraco: 7:13am On Jun 18, 2016
marketresearch:

3. They are kidnappers
13. They cant be trusted
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by shaboti: 11:13am On Jun 18, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Whats causing all excitement?
If you understand anything at all, you'll notice there's a very thing line between terrorism and militancy.
Did the NDA use violence means or not?
Did they scare away innocent people or not?
Was their acts of violent motivated by political reasons or not ?
Now, in their struggle, have they taken any life or not?
The very moment these people in the Niger Delta Avengers decided to put their intentions into actions by taking up arms to intimidate, scaring away people, destroying properties and killing people - they've crossed that line.

And don't tell they haven't killed anyone - please! Who's been laying ambush and killing soldiers and civilians-Boko Haram?

The government is just being diplomatic by calling them Militants

The dictionary has purely defined them
Erhm. I dont know if you read my post or you quoted the wrong person.
i never mentioned NDA nor militants.
Yes your mistake is forgiven.
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by ayindejimmy(m): 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
shaboti:
Erhm. I dont know if you read my post or you quoted the wrong person.
i never mentioned NDA nor militants.
Yes your mistake is forgiven.

Sorry dude. I'm a linguist. And that wasn't any mistake. I simply read your thoughts... and that of your bandwagons.

In case you didn't notice, I'm Yoruba.
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by Macwytt(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
jamalnation:

go and drink your oil will eat our yam
na today? we go drink am well grin
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by shaboti: 5:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Sorry dude. I'm a linguist. And that wasn't any mistake. I simply read your thoughts... and that of your bandwagons.

In case you didn't notice, I'm Yoruba.
okay. i guess you're one of the yoruba illiterates i mentioned earlier.
Kindly stop 'reading my thoughts... and that of my bandwagons'.
Respond appropriately. Daalu
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by jamalnation(m): 7:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
Macwytt:

na today? we go drink am well grin
when oil finish we go see wetin una go do
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by Macwytt(m): 2:45am On Jun 19, 2016
jamalnation:

when oil finish we go see wetin una go do

Singapore No Get Oil But Them Be One Of The Most Richest Countries On Earth. We Go Survive!
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by Sweetlemon(f): 3:30am On Jun 19, 2016
icemann:
In that context of differentiating Boko Haram and the Niger Delta Militants, You would have asked the difference between a freedom fighter and a terrorist.

The difference is dependent on which side you are supporting or sympathize with. As of 1980s Nelson Mandela was classified a terrorist (Like Osama, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Mullah Omar, Timothy McVeigh etc) and he was later elected a president. Did Nelson Mandela fit the profile of a terrorist? Yes he did. Did he fit the profile of a freedom fighter (some one that fights for justice for the oppressed), Off-course he did.
The US was once a colony of the UK but people like George Washington rebelled with a war and won their independence. If they had lost what would we have called the rebels? I guess they would have been charged with treason and killed (probably hanged to the amusement of the public).

In the Nigerian context, The Fighters in ND are calling themselves freedom fighters cause they are fighting for the rights of the people to control the resources in their land. The Govt views the as rebels because of the losses they would face in a successful Niger Delta rebellion.

So there you have the answer, it depends on what sides you sympathize with.

HOW DARE YOU compare great men like that to a bunch of self-serving, sponsored, radicalized, self-destructive, low life militants You out of your blasted mind? angry
Re: Difference Between Militant And Terrorist by Sweetlemon(f): 3:37am On Jun 19, 2016
danla44:
Nonsense! Do you think we are stupid to take this foolish and selfish difination of your, can't you see fire arms and explosive in the two picture. All of them are terrorists . Any attempt to exonorate any group means you are part of them. ... perhaps their publicity Secretary.

I wonder o! They will tell me whether the guns with the militants in that picture are toy guns or whether they use the uns to hunt for meat.
Empty skulled bunch of sore loosers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers Women Excited To See Osinbajo As He Visits State (Photos) / Maurice Iwu Pleads Not Guilty, Remanded In Custody / Examination Malpractice In Nigeria :: Who Is To Be Blame?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.