Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,871 members, 7,806,483 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard (33823 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Protesting Against Jonathan's N140 Per Litre Of Fuel (Throwback / Fuel At N145/litre No Longer Sustainable – NNPC / NNPC To Sell Fuel Below N145, PPPRA Releases Official statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by antispexish(m): 5:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
Lagos – A litre of petrol now sells below the official benchmark of N145 in some stations in the Lagos, a survey has shown.

A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) who carried out a survey of some filling stations in the Lagos metropolis reports that some stations were selling at reduced rates of between N137 and N143 per liter, depending on the area were mainly the independent marketers.

It was discovered that even though they were selling at reduced rates, they were still recording low patronage from members of the public.

It was gathered that some of the motorists now prefer patonising stations of major marketers since the new prices of the product was announced on May 11 by the Petroleum Product Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPRA)

Some of them claimed that they have taken to stations of major marketers because the dispensing metres in stations of the independent marketers might have been compromised.

NAN, however, observed that some stations such as NIPCO at Fadeyi, on Ikorodu Road and at Ilepo-Oba, Ikorodu town were selling the product at N143 per liter.

Some NNPC retail stations at Egbeda-Igando area and Kudirat Abiola Way, Oregun were selling at N135 per litre as at Friday.

However, a few stations owned by some major marketers were still dispensing at N145 per litre, while a few made slight downward adjustment of N2.

An Independent petroleum marketer, Alhaji Aliu Folorunso noted that there had been low patronage of the product by the public as motorists, motorcyclists and those purchasing in jerry cans for their electricity generating sets.

He believed that low patronage had been responsible for selling the product below N145 per litre in some filling stations.

Folorunso, also the chairman, World Global Petroleum Ltd., told NAN that the differential in sales in petrol pump prices in stations were the outcome of the recent deregulation, where competition could force down prices.

According to him, some members, who used to sell between 120,000 litres and 150,000 litres (equivalent of 4 trucks) daily are now finding it difficult to sell off 33,000 litres daily.

This, he noted, was because some motorists had been shunning some stations run by the independent marketers, who they believe could have tampered with metres of their dispensing machines.

According to him, the products from private depot owners are now cheaper and available more than products from the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

“We purchase products from other private depots in Lagos and some of our members are selling below N145 per liter in Lagos.

“From private depot owners, we purchase at between N130-135 per liter as ex-depot price. If you add other costs, we arrive at between N138 and N143.

“The business is not encouraging anymore because we do not have enough margins because competition has driven the prices down. Maybe because NNPC has stake or interest in private depot, they are giving them at cheaper rates,” he said.

One Jonas Theophilus, a civil servant said he could not afford wasting his money by purchasing petrol from some of the Independent marketers who have compromised their metres.

A taxi driver Sikiru Owoeye, said: “since the new pump price became operational, I have been patronising only the big stations as I do not want to take petrol from stations where they under dispense’’.

Alhaji Taofeek Lawal, the spokesman of NIPCO Plc., told NAN that virtually all NIPCO’s stations in all states sell at below the official price of N 145 per litre.

Lawal said that the company had also set aside some incentives for dealers, who sell below N145 per litres.

He said that essence of this was to ensure distribution of enough products within short time frame.

According to him, that is what deregulation brings to the sector. We sell at N134 per litre from the depot at Apapa.

“Any of our dealers can add N6-N7 per litre as margin after adding transportation costs of let’s say N2 per litre.

“Our stations across the states sell below official pump price. Our station at Fadeyi Bus stop can decide to sell below N143 per litre, if he considers turnover because we deal in volume.

“In fact, all things being equal, Nigerians may see further drop in pump price soon, especially in the Lagos area, where several depots are situated,’’ he predicted.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, at a Town Hall Meeting in Lagos recently, assured Nigerians that after six months, competition will force down the pump price of petrol.

He had also added that government will improve domestic refining capacity by ensuring that the three refineries are working to complement imported products by the NNPC and the marketers.

The PPRA announced a deregulation of the downstream sector on May 11, thereby allowing stakeholders to sell at prices not more than N145 per litre.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/litre-petrol-now-sells-n145-stations-survey/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by OnankpaBa(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
ok na.

1 Like

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by Smartanthony: 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
food done don
Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by Umennajiego(m): 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2016
Na so

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by chiscodedon(m): 5:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
yes, am a witness, in calabar nnpc and Northwest filling stations sell @140
dividend of subsidy removal

64 Likes

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by Iykopee(m): 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
Only in lagos state. Meanwhile there's fuel scarcity in Rivers state.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 17, 2016
pause
Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by ckmayoca: 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
I buy beside nnpc depo for 130 but not yet happy until I buy abit plus of 100.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by Nature129(m): 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
I noticed it too. People's sufferings had better be worth it. Nigerians are really suffering and smiling

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by Dreal11247: 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
It should be sold at #87.00 per litre

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by overall90: 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2016
Fuel sells for 180 in ph

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by spako4(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
Wailers what next?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by DaBullIT(m): 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
Lol

And they thought Buhari doesn't know what he's doing

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by lekkie073(m): 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2016
but recently s fuel wey dem dey sell for most filling stations dey quick finish for inside car

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by LessNoise: 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2016
Let it crash to 100naira abeg

3 Likes

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by koboko69: 6:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
lekkie073:
but recently s fuel wey dem dey sell for most filling stations dry quick finish for inside car

Brother...as in, you are 100% right as in so right. I bought from a local filling station 7k to Abeokuta from Lag. The thing don almost finish by the time i came back, but when i bought from NNPC, same 7k. E be like fuel nor even comot the car at all. I was wondering. I was discussing this with someone in a bar, and others contributed and said, there is a chemical they buy cheaper now, and mix with petrol. But it makes it burn faster. These marketters are wicked

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by 989900: 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
If oil prices stay '50-ish', by end of the month, pump prices will sell around N125/litre. #forexthings

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by mrvitalis(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
koboko69:

Brother...as in, you are 100% right as in so right. I bought from a local filling station 7k to Abeokuta from Lag. The thing don almost finish by the time i came back, but when i bought from NNPC, same 7k. E be like fuel nor even comot the car at all. O was wondering. I was discussing this with someone in a bar, and others contributed and said, there is a chemical they buy cheaper now, and mix with petrol. But it makes it burn faster. These marketters are wicked
It is ethanol and it for the good of ur car and the environment

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by oglalasioux(m): 7:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
NNPC, AYM Ashafa are selling at 140 per litre everywhere in Abuja.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by oglalasioux(m): 7:40pm On Jun 17, 2016
mrvitalis:

It is ethanol and it for the good of ur car and the environment

Condensate not ethanol. And it's very harmful to engines.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by mrvitalis(m): 7:50pm On Jun 17, 2016
oglalasioux:

Condensate not ethanol. And it's very harmful to engines.
No condensate are thicker ans last longer cos they have low octate value

Real petrol is very volatile. ... Get ur facts straight

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
That na Lasgidi price, PH is currently far above #170/liter.
Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by VivaDeAngelo(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
White lies from the pit of APC zombies....!!!!!

Nigerians start bracing up for tougher times,things are indeed very bad.

THIS IS NO GOOD NEWS.
ATLEAST NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE US FEEL BETTER IN OUR PRESENT MONUMENTAL ORDEAL undecided undecided undecided

Counter my opinion and be accursed for life.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by saasala(m): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
SAI BABA

Yeah, I mean what I posted above in CAPS

9 Likes

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
No fuel in phc see oh,if you manage to see it will even be @ 170naira.
Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by fkpboss: 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
That's a good news
Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by iykedare(m): 8:06pm On Jun 17, 2016
Apc
Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by igboboy3(m): 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2016
The independent marketers tamper with their meters.

You may buy PMS at 140 but you'll still pay more to fill up your tank.

They are trying to regain market share.
Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
Yes, I am also a living witness; AA Rano currently sells at N140/ litre in Kano.
Sai Baba!

9 Likes

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by adenine02: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
hmmmmmm!

ipod pee d pigs, scavengers will not like this news

8 Likes

Re: A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard by ednut1(m): 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2016
5000k equals 34 litres. 2000k equals 13 litres. naso broke pple lik us dey buy am

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike’s Revenge, Atiku’s Next Move / The Best Of Patience Jonathan Speeches 2011 / Boko Haram Kills Umusu, A Lt Colonel, In Borno (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.