Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,186 members, 7,807,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata (32785 Views)

MUST SEE: Stunning Artworks By Nnadiarts / Pencil Works By My 14 Year Old Borther / Art Works Of A Nairalander (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Emeka71(m): 5:04am On Jul 06, 2016
Zedoo:

Bros na God o. Gracias...
Well done.
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by coded9(m): 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2016
From one artist to another I must say dude ure awesome, I'll be checking u out on IG, Good works mehn.

Zedoo

3 Likes

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by gozmaxs(m): 6:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
Nice works man
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 08, 2016
Zedoo:

Thanxalot
Yea true talk.
I'm already taking baby steps by painting with PhotoShop (like the last 3 works I posted) I'll surely get there... #Steady

is it possible to do those stuff wt Photoshop? am a newbie there...so this might be an awkward question.
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 08, 2016
Zedoo:

Thanxalot
Yea true talk.
I'm already taking baby steps by painting with PhotoShop (like the last 3 works I posted) I'll surely get there... #Steady

Not to force u into anythang off but i gotta say this too....TRY BLENDErtongue

Wonder y u'vent gone on fronta page? This ur stuff keeps inspirin.
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Quests: 10:03am On Jul 08, 2016
Your works are awesome, we would like you to join us as we launch our creative designers networking site and get more jobs and views for you. Check out the site on www.addilite.com and join for FREE

1 Like

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by khalilzbr: 3:44pm On Jul 09, 2016
Fantastically awesome work. Kudos man keep it up.
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by SarcasticMe(m): 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2016
You're talented... Very very talented. Keep it up, you're going places by God's grace.
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by MozartianDreams(m): 2:25am On Jul 11, 2016
Chim oh, lekwa ihe mmadu na-e me. Odighi m'fe. Chai.

1 Like

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 10:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
kazuna:

is it possible to do those stuff wt Photoshop? am a newbie there...so this might be an awkward question.

bro anything is possible.
Yeah its very possible, you just need to have the right brush pack with the right effects for a painterly feeling.
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
SarcasticMe:
You're talented... Very very talented. Keep it up, you're going places by God's grace.
Amen oooo
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
Quests:
Your works are awesome, we would like you to join us as we launch our creative designers networking site and get more jobs and views for you. Check out the site on www.addilite.com and join for FREE

thanx alot. Ive checked it out already i will be posting soon enough.
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
khalilzbr:
Fantastically awesome work. Kudos man keep it up.
gracias boss
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 11:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
kazuna:

Not to force u into anythang off but i gotta say this too....TRY BLENDErtongue

Wonder y u'vent gone on fronta page? This ur stuff keeps inspirin.
yea i'll try blendr pretty soon baba. Thanxx
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
More stuff

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
Zedoo:
Amen oooo

Guy ....
I really really love your works....you're just as good as the guys I suscribe to on youtube....no....even better

I know im asking a lot of questions, but if you could answer them as you see fit, you'd be helping someone out there a whole lot than you know

How'd you learn to draw.....(drawing from life, copying drawings from those that you loved their works)

How long have you been drawing and painting...

Did you learn all these from your lecturers at art class or on your own or by drawing from others..

Did you have to learn human anatomy, all those tiresome bones and joints in the muscles and face....

Like......I really want to know because you're too much..(especially that one you said yu drew from scratch)...

I have been learning human anatomy , trying to draw potraits (it never looks like the subject even after tiresome squinting and measuring proportions for hours)....and more, but I know I still have a long way to go....

The question is how would I reach there.....how would you advice an aspiring artist and what would you suggest he does
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 11:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
.@Ttrrffyyghuuh
Err
Alot appreciated. Thanks

Iwas introduced to drawing by my dad....used to take me outside to draw simple stuff cars, trees etc during leisure time....this was actually in nursery class (no kidding) so I picked the interest since then and ran with it to this day.
Offered it in secondary school although it was only theory until ss2 3rd term when we got a serious teacher...
I chose to study it in the university too tho by then I hadn't painted anything....through out my first year we didn't do any painting....but my secondary school teacher did a lot to giv us drills in drawing jst taught us techniques every other thing I do was learnt from personal practice.... Had to stay back in school during the long session break that preceded 200level just so I could try my hand on painting and all that....so I pushed myself to the limit....found people like veri apriyatno and ibe ananaba and used them as my inspiration....did not copy their works but I tried out their techniques on my works..... At a point yes I did anatomy studies but not as deep as some of my friends who were more into character designing. But I studied and put in extra time..... The most important time in drawing is when you are not drawing....iill explain that later.....
There is no special knowledge attached to measuring proportion or all that like I said its what you do when you are not drawing that tends to be the difference....something has to interest you enough to want to get it correctly...... All my works are drawn from scratch some I don't even draw I just start working from d eyes down and around till I finish....because of training and subconscious awareness of proportion no matter hw big the drawing is.... It can never be perfect of course but it should be close...... And then feeling also matters learn to listen to yourself and dont force it, you have to love what you are doing or the character you are trying to put out ..... It shldnt just be another drawing it should be THE drawing...... Be open to try out different techniques...... When you sit gisting with people look at their face and body features and the way light strikes them in the subconscious movements and expressions...... Some of my university drawings are highly detailed biro drawings...of the environment down to the stones but I don't have the portfolio at the moment (working on getting it back). So try out different mediums....n see what you enjoy....
Lecturers dont teach you anything, the good ones guide you anyway because nobody has time to sit down and start explaining anything...
The human anatomy can be studied jst by looking at people and different parts of their body....anatomy books help but Iv never owned one....
In all its God who blesses....just apply yourself enough....you will definitely get there if you draw more when you are not drawing I.e study people everywhere you go...once In a while do detailed drawings...not too detailed anyway... Study more roundish objects....the human is basically a rounded character with no sharp angles....
You can check your proportions by
1. Checking how wide each eye is compared to each other, the space between the eyes and the reference you are drawing from

2. The nose is round, work on it as a rounded object, dont just create light and dark contrasts sharply...they should graduate into each other. To master tonal gradation you nid to do dark to light and light to dark shading on a full cardboard sheet maybe twice a week to come to grasp with the slower movement of light on a round object.
Also how wide the nose is compared to the eyes should be checked.

3. Draw harder things, dont look for easy references...look for challenging things....thimgs that will discourage you but encourage yourself thru it..

4. The width of the face should checked with the width of the jaw..

5. Do individual studies of body organs....

6. Keep watching the videos you are already watching if you say I am better than them then you are watching the wrong videos... Look for Jeremy Mann and Sebastian Kruger, ignat ignatov, any other links you see on their page, click it. There are so many artists... Check for dan luvisi, Dave rapoza though these are digits guys but they help a whole lot because they are also gurus at manual stuff.

1 Like

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 5:05am On Aug 23, 2016
.. @Ttrrffyyghuuh Also Avoid Duplicating other artist works rather try their techniques or replicate their colors in your own work. l... Good luck! Godbless
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2016
Zedoo:
.@Ttrrffyyghuuh
Err
Alot appreciated. Thanks

Iwas introduced to drawing by my dad....used to take me outside to draw simple stuff cars, trees etc during leisure time....this was actually in nursery class (no kidding) so I picked the interest since then and ran with it to this day.
Offered it in secondary school although it was only theory until ss2 3rd term when we got a serious teacher...
I chose to study it in the university too tho by then I hadn't painted anything....through out my first year we didn't do any painting....but my secondary school teacher did a lot to giv us drills in drawing jst taught us techniques every other thing I do was learnt from personal practice.... Had to stay back in school during the long session break that preceded 200level just so I could try my hand on painting and all that....so I pushed myself to the limit....found people like veri apriyatno and ibe ananaba and used them as my inspiration....did not copy their works but I tried out their techniques on my works..... At a point yes I did anatomy studies but not as deep as some of my friends who were more into character designing. But I studied and put in extra time..... The most important time in drawing is when you are not drawing....iill explain that later.....
There is no special knowledge attached to measuring proportion or all that like I said its what you do when you are not drawing that tends to be the difference....something has to interest you enough to want to get it correctly...... All my works are drawn from scratch some I don't even draw I just start working from d eyes down and around till I finish....because of training and subconscious awareness of proportion no matter hw big the drawing is.... It can never be perfect of course but it should be close...... And then feeling also matters learn to listen to yourself and dont force it, you have to love what you are doing or the character you are trying to put out ..... It shldnt just be another drawing it should be THE drawing...... Be open to try out different techniques...... When you sit gisting with people look at their face and body features and the way light strikes them in the subconscious movements and expressions...... Some of my university drawings are highly detailed biro drawings...of the environment down to the stones but I don't have the portfolio at the moment (working on getting it back). So try out different mediums....n see what you enjoy....
Lecturers dont teach you anything, the good ones guide you anyway because nobody has time to sit down and start explaining anything...
The human anatomy can be studied jst by looking at people and different parts of their body....anatomy books help but Iv never owned one....
In all its God who blesses....just apply yourself enough....you will definitely get there if you draw more when you are not drawing I.e study people everywhere you go...once In a while do detailed drawings...not too detailed anyway... Study more roundish objects....the human is basically a rounded character with no sharp angles....
You can check your proportions by
1. Checking how wide each eye is compared to each other, the space between the eyes and the reference you are drawing from

2. The nose is round, work on it as a rounded object, dont just create light and dark contrasts sharply...they should graduate into each other. To master tonal gradation you nid to do dark to light and light to dark shading on a full cardboard sheet maybe twice a week to come to grasp with the slower movement of light on a round object.
Also how wide the nose is compared to the eyes should be checked.

3. Draw harder things, dont look for easy references...look for challenging things....thimgs that will discourage you but encourage yourself thru it..

4. The width of the face should checked with the width of the jaw..

5. Do individual studies of body organs....

6. Keep watching the videos you are already watching if you say I am better than them then you are watching the wrong videos... Look for Jeremy Mann and Sebastian Kruger, ignat ignatov, any other links you see on their page, click it. There are so many artists... Check for dan luvisi, Dave rapoza though these are digits guys but they help a whole lot because they are also gurus at manual stuff.

Thanks a million......this was very helpful...

The main points I could pick from this was

1) "draw when you're not drawing" always studying people and objects around you...

Like drawing them in your mind and making mental notes of things like light and shadow, body and face measurements e.t.c right?

2) Not to replicate the works of other artists, but to try out their styles and techniques (probably till you form your own style)...

3) practice, practice, practice and with more challenging subjects... (of course I'm familiar with no.3 but when you're not getting results, one tends to get discouraged)

This was so so helpful......especially no 1....its good to know that more than being able to draw every bone and muscle in the body, one should be able to study and fully understand the human proportions....

. (I already thought studying human anatomy was a must.....I'll still learn it tho, but I know where my priorities lie)..

But I'm still impressed you can cook up those detailed art work from scratch. ...and to start from the eye.......kai...dat one is something else..

Thanks once again

1 Like

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 11:19am On Aug 23, 2016
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

Thanks a million......this was very helpful...

The main points I could pick from this was

1) "draw when you're not drawing" always studying people and objects around you...

Like drawing them in your mind and making mental notes of things like light and shadow, body and face measurements e.t.c right?

2) Not to replicate the works of other artists, but to try out their styles and techniques (probably till you form your own style)...

3) practice, practice, practice and with more challenging subjects... (of course I'm familiar with no.3 but when you're not getting results, one tends to get discouraged)

This was so so helpful......especially no 1....its good to know that more than being able to draw every bone and muscle in the body, one should be able to study and fully understand the human proportions....

. (I already thought studying human anatomy was a must.....I'll still learn it tho, but I know where my priorities lie)..

But I'm still impressed you can cook up those detailed art work from scratch. ...and to start from the eye.......kai...dat one is something else..

Thanks once again

Honoured to brotherly. ThankGod for everything. .. Errr get to work!

1 Like

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Nobody: 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
Wow...

Wow again.

I always like the beginins, when colors turn into forms. When light is a trickster and the brush....a dictator of emotions.

one day i will draw somethang...

1 Like

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
how do you covere your mistakes?

For example if your brush strokes go off, what do u do to correct it....

i dont if u understand me but i read somewhere that the painter architect Vasari ( who some considered talentless, though i think otherwise) often covers his mistakes with painting drapery over it.

how do u treat urs? do u abandon d work in fury or what?

just curious...
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
kazuna:
how do you covere your mistakes?

For example if your brush strokes go off, what do u do to correct it....

i dont if u understand me but i read somewhere that the painter architect Vasari ( who some considered talentless, though i think otherwise) often covers his mistakes with painting drapery over it.

how do u treat urs? do u abandon d work in fury or what?

just curious...

Nobody is perfect but when you learn to draw without erasing anything, then you learn to paint without misplacing brush strokes....but if however the unplanned happens, my approach depends on the medium I am using if its ;

1. Oil- wait for it to dry before readjusting.
2. Acrylic- " " "
3. Watercolour - quickly apply water there and dissolve the color, clean it off with a clean cloth or blow it off....

But then the small brush u see in my watercolour is the only brush I use for watercolour so lets just say the brush dun get sense overtime.

But I mostly work with watercolour and acrylic....and they are unforgiving to mistakes....so I subconsciously consciously stay loose, bring in creativity with the painting not adhering too much to the subject details in that manner I stay totally in control of what happens.
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ready to ship

1 Like

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by jeffriano: 6:49am On Aug 25, 2016
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Slimszy: 11:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
Good job man.... I am major on only Pencil artwork for now cause i am self taught... Can i add you on WhatsApp to inquire somethings from you? I really want to start painting

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by freezyprinzy(m): 10:07am On Aug 26, 2016
whaoo awesome do u show case ur werk on Instagram/twitter and wats ur handle
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 6:40am On Sep 05, 2016
SundaySpeed....
Happy week to all...
#Zara
#myElderSis.
#WatercolourStuff!!!!

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2016
freezyprinzy:
whaoo awesome
do u show case ur werk on Instagram/twitter and wats ur handle

@zed_agubata. Instagram
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2016
Slimszy:
Good job man.... I am major on only Pencil artwork for now cause i am self taught... Can i add you on WhatsApp to inquire somethings from you? I really want to start painting

Ok. Add up 08105683368. Sorry for mistake
Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 7:59pm On Sep 07, 2016
Yea....dancing around....

The abstract is titled RECOLONIZATION....
While Africa operates her phones and gazes mouth-agape at the dastardly acts going on in her environment, the white man is preparing to invade.....once again.....

RECOLONIZATION...

Think about it....

It may just happen.....unthinkable?

Re: MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata by Zedoo(m): 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
Done...onto the next...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sculptor's Artwork Of Governor Obiano's Image. Photos / Alesh Akeem Artsassinations Throwback / Nairalanders Check My Sketches With Pen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.