Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,505 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. (7424 Views)

The Gift Tecno Gave Manchester City And One Tecno Got From Manchester City / Best And Suitable Data Plans For MTN This Month / See The Text I Got From MTN This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
I think the poster should change his settings and use kbs instead, to help some ppl. Cuz clearly some peeps think it means 15 megabytes per second. Mbs =mega bits.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by DjAndroid: 11:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
jimihendrix:
Mbps is not MBs o
I'm aware.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 19, 2016
Anyway, glo has been good to me sha, I use it steady for my ps3 last of us online gaming. The best thing is to know which network is best in your room
DjAndroid:
I'm aware.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 19, 2016
Final

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by DjAndroid: 8:37am On Jun 19, 2016
jimihendrix:
Final
mine this morning. MTN

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 19, 2016
DjAndroid:
mine this morning. MTN

Impressive. That's like 13.7 mbps or 1.7 mB/s

1 Like

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 19, 2016
This is what getting on Mtn this morning. Pretty impressive for a 3g connection.

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by inveco(m): 8:55am On Jun 19, 2016
greenhulk:

Yes speed test. My reply was for iveco who tried to claim speed test in mbps is not right. I'm sure he was expecting internet speed to be measured with download manager using MB/s.
Please go and read my post again and again. I never claimed anything. I only made it exceptionally clear to make some people understand the difference between MB and Mb. Afterall I said Mb is used for speed test - check my post and re-read again and again. How can one my lamenting of 1.75MB on a 3G power device and network?,Its uncalled for. So, I'm not trying to claim anything but to let OP know that many don't know the difference between these stuff and would eventually be mislead thinking he gat 15MB /s .

What I did was to make an average user understand what is actually going on. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by gen2briz(m): 8:59am On Jun 19, 2016
kindly download with Uc browser and show us the SS of the downloading speed.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Nobody: 9:00am On Jun 19, 2016
inveco:

Please go and read my post again and again. I never claimed anything. I only made it exceptionally clear to make some people understand the difference between MB and Mb. After I said Mb is used for speed test - check my post and re-read again and again. How can one my lamenting of 1.75MB on a 3G power device and network?,Its uncalled for. So, I'm not trying to claim anything but to let OP know that many don't know the difference between these stuff and would eventually be mislead thinking he gat 15MB /s . Thanks

No 3g connection will give u 15mB/s. Even majority of 4g will struggle to give that speed. That speed is only attainable with fibre, not gsm connection. But I get what u are trying to say though.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 19, 2016
gen2briz:
kindly download with Uc browser and show us the SS of the downloading speed.

See what I'm trying to say. How is uc browser the right means of calculating internet speed? Every tech site use the speed test app for calculating internet speed.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by inveco(m): 9:21am On Jun 19, 2016
DjAndroid:

Glo getting better with 46.3kbs? When others a getting 16mbps?
Op stop confusing people now, use KB or MB and stop using this Mb or Kb
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 19, 2016
inveco:

Op stop confusing people now, use KB or MB and stop using this Mb or Kb

U are confusing urself. Why don't u do the conversion urself. Everyone in the world use mbps or kbps so why should our own be different?

46.3kbps when converted to MB will give u 0.0057875MB/s. Who has time for all those decimal when u can just use 46.3kbps
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by showreals(m): 9:45am On Jun 19, 2016
Kubwa Ntel Now

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Cullinane: 9:59am On Jun 19, 2016

Ntel in Lekki
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by inveco(m): 10:02am On Jun 19, 2016
greenhulk:

U are confusing urself. Why don't u do the conversion urself. Everyone in the world use mbps or kbps so why should our own be different?

46.3kbps when converted to MB will give u 0.0057875MB/s. Who has time for all those decimal when u can just use 46.3kbps
Lolz....You again. Why do u like jumping to conclusions so easily? Again are u the OP?. See the pics below of which OP was quoting somebody and even the person he quoted corrected him...Lolz u sef. See pics below of OP and the quoted....Enjoy grin

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by inveco(m): 10:04am On Jun 19, 2016
Cullinane:

Ntel in Lekki
That is 4G network for you. I like that. Bravo to NTel users. Its about 7+ MB/s
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Mavor: 10:33am On Jun 19, 2016
inveco:

That is 4G network for you. I like that. Bravo to NTel users. Its about 7+ MB/s
yup
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by DjAndroid: 11:10am On Jun 19, 2016
inveco:

Please go and read my post again and again. I never claimed anything. I only made it exceptionally clear to make some people understand the difference between MB and Mb. Afterall I said Mb is used for speed test - check my post and re-read again and again. How can one my lamenting of 1.75MB on a 3G power device and network?,Its uncalled for. So, I'm not trying to claim anything but to let OP know that many don't know the difference between these stuff and would eventually be mislead thinking he gat 15MB /s .

What I did was to make an average user understand what is actually going on. Thanks

I actually learned from your initial post. I had to change my settings to kbps to enable me calculate the actual speed in MBps. That was when I noticed that the actual speed was about 1.6MBps instead of the 18.something Mbps that confused me initially.

Thanks again for that post.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by DjAndroid: 11:18am On Jun 19, 2016
inveco:

Lolz....You again. Why do u like jumping to conclusions so easily? Again are u the OP?. See the pics below of which OP was quoting somebody and even the person he quoted corrected him...Lolz u sef. See pics below of OP and the quoted....Enjoy grin

Bros una no kill me ooo. We learn everyday. Check my subsequent posts.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by COMPAQ(m): 12:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
The point of the OP was that his MTN is faster than normal, regardless of the way it's measured. That speed is not bad at all especially for a 3.75G network. I have spectranet and I rarely get that speed. I guess MTN is optimizing their network ahead of 4G LTE roll out . See average LTE speeds across the work so you know it's not bad at all for a mobile network.

1 Like

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by COMPAQ(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
This is more recent ranking as at late 2015. The earlier one was early 2015.

Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by COMPAQ(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
As you see Mbps (or Mb/s) is the standard way of measuring and not MB/s.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Reeberry: 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
greenhulk:

The app works in calculating connection speed. U don't need a paid version. Moreover there are other speed test apps that give the same result.
Name of the app please?
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
COMPAQ:
As you see Mbps (or Mb/s) is the standard way of measuring and not MB/s.

Is that not what I been trying to say. The standard for measuring internet speed is mbps (mb/s) and not mB/s like some guys are trying to make us believe.
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by iyke1989(m): 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
greenhulk:

Is that not what I been trying to say. The standard for measuring internet speed is mbps (mb/s) and not mB/s like some guys are trying to make us believe.
like he said....re read his comments ; but this time carefully...he was only trying to "clarify for the lay man" who thinks Mb stands for megabyte instead of megabit...some don't even there is a data unit called "bit", talkless of "megabit"..so I think inveco is on the right path...
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by michelism(m): 8:37am On Jul 18, 2016
I just downloaded ookla speed test now and there's no globacom network on the list. And will I get the accurate speed test for all networks using one particular network provider? E.g using GLO SIM to test MTN speed.
Any help?
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by DjAndroid: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
michelism:
I just downloaded ookla speed test now and there's no globacom network on the list. And will I get the accurate speed test for all networks using one particular network provider? E.g using GLO SIM to test MTN speed.
Any help?

How will you use honda to test toyota speed?
Re: See The Speed i Got From MTN This Morning. by michelism(m): 1:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
DjAndroid:

How will you use honda to test toyota speed?

It'd do some good if you can politely provide answers to questions next time. Using questions for an answer is equal to no answer.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Snapshots: See What Someone Did With This Lady's Instagram Handle. / 9mobile Lost Of Network Anyone Experience Same Issue / This Wedding Was Shot With An Iphone 6s Plus And The Results Are Spectacular

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.