Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,629 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! (771 Views)

Please My Puppy Is Dying From Parvo Virus Help Me To Save My Puppy / I Need Help, My Pup Has Parvo / My Wonderful Dog Taken Away By Parvo :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! by mistersle3m(m): 7:55am On Jun 18, 2016
It's been a terrible June for me as a breeder. Already lost 6 dogs to that parvo virus. Still can't contain the virus. Any help pls? I love my dogs alot and wouldn't want to lose any again. Thanx
Re: Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! by kunlesufyan(m): 7:58am On Jun 18, 2016
6 dogs ? That too much now

Why don't u adopt the habit of injecting before the ugly signs begin to show up
Re: Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! by mistersle3m(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
kunlesufyan:
6 dogs ? That too much now

Why don't u adopt the habit of injecting before the ugly signs begin to show up
been hearing about the disease didn't know until they started pooing blood. I just hope nothing happen to the rest
Re: Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
sir,get your vet immediately,parvo is not something a first hander handles
Re: Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! by AtlasAbroad: 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Puppies should receive their first vaccines at 6-8 weeks of age which includes a shot for Parvo... very important. Parvo is one of the words that all pet owners and breeders DREAD. It's highly contagious so if you have any other dogs that have not been vaccinated you need to separate them immediately and start taking precautions and get them vaccinated. When you take them to the vet you need to have them in a basket or hold them closely to you and wait til other pets have left the waiting room because you do NOT want this to spread. You also need to disinfect your home with bleach and water because regular soaps don't kill the virus, it's extremely hard to kill and can stay in an environment for months! As a responsible breeder, you should have been making sure that your puppies get this this shot because it's extremely dangerous for puppies. 5 basic shots puppies must get are canine distemper, leptospirosis, bordetella, rabies, and parvo, plus your deworming tablets. There's several other recommended vaccinations but these are the 5 that should be required.
Re: Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! by kunlesufyan(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
mistersle3m:
been hearing about the disease didn't know until they started pooing blood. I just hope nothing happen to the rest
Normally u don't wait till they show signs ...have u employed the services of a vet?
Re: Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! by Prodeegee(m): 1:57am On Jun 19, 2016
What breed is your dog?

Parvo is an 80/20 disease
Chance of survival is very slim. Are there any dogs not showing signs? Take then off from the other dogs quick.

Parvo is further worsened by dirty environment so be sure to clean every bit of poo and throw up the infected dog does.

I wish you best of luck...
Re: Terrible June For Me! Parvo Alert!!! by mistersle3m(m): 7:16am On Jun 19, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Normally u don't wait till they show signs ...have u employed the services of a vet?
yeah I did. The vet couldn't even save the last 2 that died. Said it was already critical

(1) (Reply)

Top Notch Lhasa Apso Pups For Sale / Powerful Male And Female Slant Gsd For Sale / 3mnths Old Male Fawn Boerbeol For Sale...amazing Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.