Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,753 members, 7,806,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) (20611 Views)

Hilarious Story : Read What happened to Guy who Married Because Of Money / The Wooing Challenge - Female Version (Audition and Pick Your Man) / 32 Real Men - 16 Beautiful Ladies - 6 Hours. The Wooing Challenge ~ENDED~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Hauwa1: 11:43pm On Aug 31, 2009
Uju, thats why i prefer MGs (those in high places, moi not a gold digger though wink). They still do,

Semper FI.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by C2H5OH(f): 12:27am On Sep 01, 2009
Of course you would worry crazily about treasure since your worth is founded on monetary values alone.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by stilletos: 12:29am On Sep 01, 2009
@post
Yep!Chivalry is death and some women killed it.Guys don't have respect anymore. Who is to blame anyway?When some girls are so god damn cheap. . .It takes a 500 naira recharge card(not even) to shag a pretty girl.  cheesy
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by stilletos: 12:35am On Sep 01, 2009
becoomrich:

Ujujoan if you dont treat your man well. do you think , he would care to do that. where do you live. is it the USA. there are 150 million in the USA who value men too. Come to the USA and see how women treat thier men. then that your nigerian mentally would drop.

How so?I am in the states, but I can't really relate to what you are saying.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by C2H5OH(f): 12:40am On Sep 01, 2009
stilletos:

@post
Yep!Chivalry is death and some women killed it.Guys don't have respect anymore. Who is to blame anyway?When some girls are so god damn cheap. . .It takes a 500 naira recharge card(not even) to shag a pretty girl.  cheesy
I beg your pardon?  As you lay your bed so shall you lie in it.  What makes you, a woman he's barely dating, so deserving of the treasure he's worked all his life to earn?  Aren't you an equally able-bodied human being, capable of earning your own keep?

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem with men who choose to spoil their woman.  But for any woman to stake a claim to his treasure as if it's her birthright, especially when you haven't worked for it, in this feministic day and age is preposterous.

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by aaidel(m): 12:46am On Sep 01, 2009
Its the behaviour of the girls that caused it besides truth is most guys cant afford to and most girls when u want to spend on them na that time them go remember say bill gates na dem cousin and nothing is good enough funny enough all the girls i spent on i didnt land

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 12:49am On Sep 01, 2009
perhaps we finally realised most women are not just worth the expense.

If you need to spend your life savings to woo a woman then she's not for you.

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by stiyke(m): 12:54am On Sep 01, 2009
Guess we realised the ones that like us dont need spending on.

And girls are plain silly, its best to give the money to a begger. Treasure my @55 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by mamagee6(f): 1:09am On Sep 01, 2009
No more banks to rob. grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Affalatus: 1:11am On Sep 01, 2009
Nigeria is like a woman and this is what Nigeria the woman would say about treasure.

I am Nigeria.

I have millions of acres of arable land and billions of cubic litres of water, but I cannot feed myself. So I spend $1 billion to import rice and another $2 billion to import milk. I produce rice, but don’t eat it. I have 60 million cattle but no milk. I am hungry, please re-brand me.

I drive the latest cars in the world but have no roads. I lose family and friends everyday on roads for which funds have been looted. I lose my young, my old, and my most brainy and productive people to the potholes, craters and crevasses they travel on everyday. I am in permanent mourning, please re-brand me.

My school has no teacher and my classroom has no roof. I take lecture notes through the window and live with 15 others in a single room. All my professors have gone abroad, and the rest are awaiting visas. I am a university graduate, but I am illiterate. I want a future, please re-brand me.

·         Malaria, typhoid and many other preventable diseases send me to hospitals which have no doctors, no medicines and no power. So my wife gives birth with candle light and surgery is performed by quacks. All the nurses have gone abroad and the rest are waiting to go also. I have the highest maternal and infant mortality rates in the world and future generations are dying before me. I am hopeless, hapless and helpless, please re-brand me.

I wanted change so I stood all day long to cast my vote. But even before I could vote, the results had been announced. When I dared to speak out, silence was enthroned by bullets. My rulers are my oppressors, and my policemen are my terrors. I am ruled by men in mufti, but I am not a democracy. I have no verve, no vote, no voice, please re-brand me.

I have 50 million youths with no jobs, no present and no future. So my sons in the North have become street urchins and his brothers in the South have become militants. My nephews die of thirst in the Sahara and his cousins drown in the waters of the Mediterranean. My daughters walk the streets of Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, while her sisters parade the streets of Rome and Amsterdam. I am inconsolable, please re-brand me.

·         My people cannot sleep at night and cannot relax by day. They cannot use ATM machines, nor use cheques. My children sleep through staccato of AK 47s see through the mist of tear gas. The leaders have looted everything on the ground and below. They walk the land with haughty strides and fly the skies with private jets. They have stolen the future of generations yet unborn and have money they cannot spend in several lifetimes, but their brothers die of hunger. I want justice, please re-brand me.

·         I can produce anything, but import everything. So my toothpick is made in China; my toothpaste is made in South Africa; my salt is made in Ghana; my butter is made in Ireland; my milk is made in Holland; my shoe is made in Italy; my vegetable oil is made in Malaysia; my biscuit is made in Indonesia; my chocolate is made in Turkey and my table water made in France. My taste is far-flung and foreign, please re-brand me.

·         My people are cancerous from the greed of their friends who bleach palm oil with chemicals; my children died because they drank ‘My Pikin’ with NAFDAC numbers; my poor die because kerosene explodes in their faces; my land is dead because all the trees have been cut down; flood kills my people yearly because the drainage is clogged; my fish are dead because the oil companies dump waste in my rivers; my communities are vanishing into the huge yawns of gully erosion, and nothing is being done. My livelihood is in jeopardy, and I am in the uttermost depths of despondence, please re-brand me.

·         I have genuine leather but choose to eat it. So I spend a billion dollars to import fake leather. I have four refineries, but prefer to import fuel, so I waste more billions to import petrol. I have no security in my country, but would rather send troops to keep the peace in another man’s land. I have 160 dams, but can not get water to drink, so I buy ‘pure’ water that roils my innards. I have a million children waiting to enter universities, but my ivory dungeons can only take a tenth. I have no power, but choose to flare gas, so my people have learnt to see in the dark and stare at the glare of naked flares. I have no direction, please re-brand me.

·         My people pray to God every morning and every night, but commit every crime known to man because re-branded identities will never alter the tunes of inbred rhythms. Just as the drums of heritage heralds the frenzied jingles, remember - the Nigerian soul can only be Nigerian - fighting free from the cold embrace of a government that has no spring, no sense, no shame. So we watch the possessed, frenzied dance, drenched in silent tears as freedom is locked up in democracy’s empty cellars. I need guidance, please re-brand me.

But then, why can I not simply be me, without being re-branded? Or does my complexion cloud the color of my character? Does my location limit the lengths of my liberty? Does the spirit of my conviction shackle my soul? Does my mien maim this mind of my mine? And is this life of Nigeria the woman worth re-branding?

Forgive me for digressing,
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Eluala(m): 1:51am On Sep 01, 2009
Maybe the guys realised that a relationship built on material things is like building on 'quick sand'. Truth is a good wife like mine is a gift from God. Could you imagine she loved me even when I was just an undergrad. I was impressed by her kindness. Through her giving and caring attitude, I also learnt to share gifts with her and others around me. I had so much respect for her that the thought of asking for sex was completely out of the question. I guess most guys have realised the veracity of an agelong adage which says "As you are giving the woman, she is also giving to whom she likes". Therefore they now monetise whatever they spend and do a proper risk analysis so as to come up with a risk based investment decision, which will lead to a reasonable return on investment.

Ultimately we got married and it's already 5 years, blessed with 2 handsome boys and praying God for a girl. Bottomline is if you are gonna wait for a guy to spend all his money on you to convince you, then what of when he runs out of money? Like some people already said, focus on the right qualities that outlast money, then you'll be happier.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Dafuco0901: 2:27am On Sep 01, 2009
Nice work--thank you for sharing-
Thanks so much for this. I appreciate the effort. It really helps a lot.
Glad to read such a nice piece of information.
This is exciting news.

wink
meilleur taux voiture simulation credit auto pret automobileUne simulation credit auto instannee et facile ici si vous avez une voituremeilleur taux voiture simulation credit auto pret automobile
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by adaku123(f): 3:58am On Sep 01, 2009
Affalatus:

Forgive me for digressing

WTF!!! Affalatus-- Wetin grin grin grin Isnt this for romance Why the freaking essay!!!! Just taking alll the space & You re not forgiven jare-- Sighs

@POST
I personally dont mind a bit of spending! Ok maybe not a bit!!  D difference is that while i want the spending its not a priority!!!

There are many other things i need from the man before money since am very Comfy!!!

However the greedy bitches of this age have made it seem  like every woman is materialistic resulting in men curbing thier spending!!!

Whereas the stingy men can now use these goldiggers as thier excuse for being miserly!!!! Babes blame it on all the Goldielocks of the world!! They spoilt it for everyone cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by otokx(m): 5:30am On Sep 01, 2009
Things are not the way they used to be; a "foul" spirit has possessed many.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by PurestBoy(m): 5:37am On Sep 01, 2009
davidylan:

perhaps we finally realised most women are not just worth the expense.

If you need to spend your life savings to woo a woman then she's not for you.

Even Pastor David knows better, No more to waste, I nearly had hypertension when I almost emptied my account on a girl and her family just to make sure she stays with me alone but , phuckup at the end ot the day
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by C2H5OH(f): 5:39am On Sep 01, 2009
adaku123:

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#990000]
WTF!!! Affalatus-- Wetin grin grin grin Isnt this for romance Why the freaking essay!!!! Just taking alll the space & You re not forgiven jare-- Sighs

Lol he miss road no be small

Ada, if your man loves you and he has the riches to spoil you, he will.  Golddiggers don't have to spoil anything for you.
Focus on satisfying your man.  Maybe you will finally be rewarded with those "gains" you yearn for?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by MUZBO(m): 5:43am On Sep 01, 2009
Ujujoan:

Guys, what happened to treasure?

What happened to those days that guys pay bills, shower a girl with gifts, take her to exotic places, just to get her to say 'yes'!!

What happened to spoiling her to get her on you side?

Whats up with you and 'guys paying your bills'? Wooing is less common nowadays because it is now synonymous with big money, no thanks to girls like you. The desperation in your thread shows that even you; the self-acclaimed rich girl has problems finding a date. Sorry o! BTW, nice to know you've accepted the kid in your profile is 'your baby'. Yea, I remembered!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 01, 2009
@post

I want to know too o.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 01, 2009
ujujoan, touble finding a billionaire that will spend that doe on you  cheesy cheesy

maybe the hardheaded fella does not er consider you to be an investment for his hard earned $$

you're still tuned into no 'romance without finance' - sorry we're tuned into 'independent woman' - much more cost effective when she depends on she and the watch she's wearing she'll buy it
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by ReachRich(m): 5:57am On Sep 01, 2009
@ Affalatus
i love ur "poem".U should make copies of it and send it to our head of state,all the ministers,govs and natnal assembly members.Wot u wrote is a true picture of naija.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by C2H5OH(f): 6:03am On Sep 01, 2009
oyb:

ujujoan, touble finding a billionaire that will spend that doe on you cheesy cheesy

maybe the hardheaded fella does not er consider you to be an investment for his hard earned $$

you're still tuned into no 'romance without finance' - sorry we're tuned into 'independent woman' - much more cost effective when she depends on she and the watch she's wearing she'll buy it
amen brother
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by princekevo(m): 6:07am On Sep 01, 2009
@ poster

Since after the Beijing conference in September 1995 women wised up and men Stopped being fooled.
So the table seems to turn round, which ended up balancing the equation between men and women.
The question now should be, who should treasure who?
I should treasure to to get a woman who claim to have the same equal right, equal everything with me?
Then girls see relationship as something that only men benefits which is s*x, but today we discovered that women enjoy such benefits now more than men, T
Those days you are talking abt was the days of only missionary style rememeber? But today women do ride on men to achieve the same balanced and equal benefits grin grin grin
So the relationship should be based on 50-50, you like me and i like you so lets get along.
You love me and i love you so let get together and rip the benefits together, cheesy
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by topup: 6:13am On Sep 01, 2009
I actually don't enjoy being spoilt just for the 'yes' because it brings a lot of anxiety about 'what happens next'. .

And we all know a lot of people are short-sighted, and the thrill from the yes, might wear off if they aren't genuine. I don't mind a guy not throwing himself at me, as long as he is smart and observant, for I'm surely doing the same thing, watching him.

If a guy feels that it's his duty to buy gifts and treat his crush then it could take away the desired effect, it could be less like romance and more like obligation and responsibility. It loses meaning and can become routine.

That's what I think anyways.

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by chukudibab(m): 6:15am On Sep 01, 2009
no more Cybercrime or pupolarly known as Yahoozee or Mr Olu undecided
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by stiyke(m): 6:58am On Sep 01, 2009
@Affalatus

Ohh boy you cant paint a better picture, ur poem is simply wonderful, i dont think Mr Yara is going to understand all those though.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by princekevo(m): 7:02am On Sep 01, 2009
My post Suddenly disappear from this thread,
Pls Oga Morde. wht happened to my last post
on these thread?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by princekevo(m): 7:03am On Sep 01, 2009
@ poster

Since after the Beijing conference in September 1995 women wised up and men Stopped being fooled.
So the table seems to turn round, which ended up balancing the equation between men and women.
I should treasure to to get a woman who claim to have the same equal right, equal everything with me?
Then girls see relationship as something that only men benefits which is s*x, but today we discovered that women enjoy such benefits now more than men, T
Those days you are talking abt was the days of only missionary style rememeber? But today women do ride on men to achieve the same balanced and equal benefits
So the relationship should be based on 50-50, you like me and i like you so lets get along.
You love me and i love you so let get together and rip the benefits together,
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by oyinda3(f): 7:05am On Sep 01, 2009
princekevo:

@ poster

Those days you are talking abt was the days of only missionary style rememeber? But today women do ride on men to achieve the same balanced and equal benefits
You love me and i love you so let get together and rip the benefits together,

i like you.
what is beijing conference btw?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by oyinda3(f): 7:06am On Sep 01, 2009
princekevo:

My post Suddenly disappear from this thread,
Pls Oga Morde. wht happened to my last post
on these thread?

hahahhaa u better thank me for quoting it b4 it disappeared. lolol
spam bot is responsible. only seun knows abt that
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by oyinda3(f): 7:06am On Sep 01, 2009
hahah shoot mine disappeared too
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by Atreus(f): 7:10am On Sep 01, 2009
Its not affalatus' poem. Its an article from the saturday punch.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Treasure? (wooing) by stiyke(m): 7:18am On Sep 01, 2009
Atreus:

Its not affalatus' poem. Its an article from the saturday punch.
lipsrsealed

I realised many guys try to reap before investing these days. I think its best investment strategy coming to think of it ,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Boyfriend Said He Left Social Media Because He's Found Everything With Her / Why Do Guys Love Yansh/booty??? (picture) / Keke-napep wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.