Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (84267 Views)

Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! / Watch Video Of Popular Ogun River That Turns Dry Land, / Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by oshaosha2014(m): 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
It could be a precursor to an impending natural disaster.
aoluwa1:
I just passed the place and say it with my eyes. It's true. We went to redemption camp in the morning for SOD lectures and it was all flowing. Upon coming back we saw a crowD gathering on the bridge snapping pics and we were thinking that something terrible was going on. Only to see that the ex river was now like a forest that was recently plowed like d pic and people were running over it and white birds landing. We now looked at the other side and it was still flowing water. It even just rained this morning. Nawah o. I don't even know what to say.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by AZeD1(m): 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
From the picture, those look like water hyacinth.

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Afritop(m): 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
TGM2015:

Are you saying the drying of the river happens less than 24hrs?
YES O

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by hardbody: 7:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
This reminds me of Dilibe Onyeamas book on the difference between a black man and a white man. He said white man comes face to face with a highland or mountain, he immediately starts thinking what is on the other side and how he could conquer the mountain and get to the other side. But a black man will immediately see his enemies at work. They have come to block his progress. He quickly gathers sticks, wood and stone and builds an altar to his God. He will rather dwell there that attempt to climb the mountain.

There must be a scientific explanation to this water receding but my people are already shouting end time, God is marvellous, it's a most amazing thing, bla bla bla

We need a reconfigured approach to life in this jet age century

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by lebete3000: 7:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
Marvinspeed:
I don't think Nigerian scientist can explain this, because we are actually waiting till 2018 to produce pencil cheesy

But Eleganza a Nigerian owned company produces Biro so why can't we produce pencils

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by lekancaring(m): 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
I was there I see it live it started growing on Friday night till Saturday morning make God help us in ogun state
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Don't you think they are more important things for God to do? Like feeding millions of malnourished children in Africa, Stop boko haram and ISIS instead of showing up with one river. Please let's try to reason logically instead of adding religious undertone to every strange occurrence. You are actually mocking god not praising him, This is the best he can do when millions die of poverty and diseases every day?

I have a lot to say to you but I don't have energy to type. Point taken. Please look for someone else.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by oshaosha2014(m): 7:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
It is better people stay away from the site. The river could come back with a force that may catch them unaware.
maddock:

Less than 18hours, it was there this morning and I was there around 4pm this eveing. That site is a mecca of sort now, the crowd there this evening is growing large and large by the second.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by demiladeesther(f): 7:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
unitysheart:
This is a pure lie. See the ground level and the level the houses around the supposed river land are?:are those houses under water before?
It is no lie at all I saw this with my eyes yesterday, some children were even running on the sea weed

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Idrismusty97(m): 7:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
hardbody:
This reminds me of Dilibe Onyeamas book on the difference between a black man and a white man. He said white man comes face to face with a highland or mountain, he immediately starts thinking what is on the other side and how he could conquer the mountain and get to the other side. But a black man will immediately see his enemies at work. They have come to block his progress. He quickly gathers sticks, wood and stone and builds an altar to his God. He will rather dwell there that attempt to climb the mountain.

There must be a scientific explanation to this water receding but my people are already shouting end time, God is marvellous, it's a most amazing thing, bla bla bla

We need a reconfigured approach to life in this jet age century
Honestly, I am tired of sharing the country with these over religious hypocrites.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by organicfoods(m): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2016
Waaooo....See large chunk of super fertilizer. Nigeria is so blessed shocked
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by bettercreature(m): 7:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
It's sea weeds there is nothing special about it,you know this if you often watch national geographical channel
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by palsenator(m): 7:55pm On Jun 19, 2016
Many people doubting this are just been silly. Go there to confirm it nah. It is a strange occurrence and it has never happened there before. I have known the place for over 20years and it has never occurred. I don't think it's supernatural though but it is an event that worths marvelling at. The weed grew within hours and the place was covered and turned to dry land within hours. The other side is flowing

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by benitwater(m): 7:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Firefire:

Pic or.... ?
lol grin
Firefire:

Pic or.... ?
u dont believe...lol
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by seangy4konji: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
End time river.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Ghost01(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2016
The simple explanation is that the goddess of the river is angry and needs to be appeased. grin
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by olusd(m): 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
I witness it live yesterday on my way from Ibadan to Lagos. I was so surprised seeing such occurrence. God is Great!

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ofonex: 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
I just passed the place and say it with my eyes. It's true. We went to redemption camp in the morning for SOD lectures and it was all flowing. Upon coming back we saw a crowD gathering on the bridge snapping pics and we were thinking that something terrible was going on. Only to see that the ex river was now like a forest that was recently plowed like d pic and people were running over it and white birds landing. We now looked at the other side and it was still flowing water. It even just rained this morning. Nawah o. I don't even know what to say.

I witnessed it too. It was so amazing. Dry land on one side of the bridge and water flowing on the other side
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by ihatebuhari(f): 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2016
all atheists are stupid, why doubting God marvelous power

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by darocha1: 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
this isnt new. we experienced same on epe link bridge around 2009 during my uni days
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Vickkymoni01(m): 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
I saw it wit my very own eye....so strange to say

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by emmkeffs(f): 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
I can smell danger. people living along the banks should leave the area if they want to be safe. Nature does not need humans but we need Nature. Before the tsunami struck in Indonesia, the people living at the banks noticed that the water receded and they could see the sea bed and even pick sea shells and crabs. Unfortunately their luck ran out as they were washed by a wall of roaring water

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Kenechi1: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
aoluwa1:
So the houses in the pictures were underwater?
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by hollo: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ordinary algal bloom......mtcheew
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Taiwodada08(m): 8:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
bro it so so true...I live around that area and I saw it with my eyes
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Electronzeez(m): 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
demiladeesther:
It is no lie at all I saw this with my eyes yesterday, some children were even running on the sea weed

Happy birthday , I saw you yesterday .
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Amiee99(f): 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
unitysheart:
This is a pure lie. See the ground level and the level the houses around the supposed river land are?:are those houses under water before?

It's true. I live very close.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by kennymartinsne: 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gud 4 dem ooo
Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by littleb(m): 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2016
This happened as a result of rotation of the earth. The rotation is unnoticeable to human being due to the hardness of the rock beneath the earth surface. However, when there is a slight displacement, the effect could be noticed on the stream which could result in change in flowing of water to another side and possible holes leads to water dry up. The effect could be seen in the future on the building surrounding it with cracks and possible collapsing. However, the water could come back with full force,if there is another displacement. Either way, i smell future danger.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by badonkadonk: 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2016

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by timilehin007(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Idrismusty97:
Don't you think they are more important things for God to do? Like feeding millions of malnourished children in Africa, Stop boko haram and ISIS instead of showing up with one river. Please let's try to reason logically instead of adding religious undertone to every strange occurrence. You are actually mocking god not praising him, This is the best he can do when millions die of poverty and diseases every day?

While you praise your god a natural disaster may just be around the corner. I wonder who you will praise(or blame) for that when it happens.

Bro may you walk and never pade agbako...this is the best contribution so far...am off, this your comment just completed my flourish day

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2016
I see tsunami. Vacate that environment please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UAE Creates Rain Using Drone Technology That Gives Cloud Electric Shock / Look At This Dolphin That Was Caught And Killed In Delta State / This Animal Survived 24,000 Years Frozen In The Siberian Permafrost (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.