Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State (553 Views)

Man Fleeing From Ogun SARS Dies Of Internal Bleeding After A Fall (Graphic Pics) / Medical Doctor Turned Cyber Hacker Defrauds Car Dealer Of N28m (Photo, Video) / Ufot Ebong Saves Armed Robber From Being Killed By Crowd In Uyo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State by AtlanticBreeze: 5:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
A 45-year-old medical doctor has been arrested by the Anambra State Police Command for armed robbery.

The suspect identified as Richard Macaulay Obafemi, a medical doctor trained at the University College London, was apprehended on May 17, 2016 on armed robbery charges.

Obafemi reportedly had his primary and secondary school education in Ipaja, Lagos State before proceeding to the Univer­sity College London, UCL, where he obtained a degree in Microbiology in 1987 and later studied medicine at University College London UCL, from 1987-1992, completing his housemanship in Hatsfield London in 1993.

The suspect who hails from Ogun State is reported to have had his Nation­al Youth Service Corps Scheme in Kwara State before taking up an appointment with the College of Medicine, University of Benin, and worked from 1998 to 2000, before leaving for Saudi Arabia.

Obafemi later got a job at the University of Ghana in 2006 and worked till 2015 when he made the decision to visit Nigeria.

Speaking on his journey to the dark side, Obafemi said:
“In 2015, I came to Nige­ria and visited Kaduna State. During that trip, a car I was driving had an accident and the victim died. I was charged to court and remanded at Kaduna Central Prison. But I was later released from prison on April 8, 2016".
Obafemi reportedly made friends with two other inmates, Stephen and Ifeanyi, reported to be professional car snatchers and armed robbers.

"After I left prison, I had followed Ifeanyi to Asaba and joined their gang, which specialized in snatching cars. We have stolen cars like Lexus, SUV in Lagos State, which I drove to Katsina State to sell to buyers from Niger Repub­lic.
"I sold one for N450,000. I didn’t go back to University of Ghana because when I was in prison in Kaduna, I didn’t communicate with them. When I came out from prison, I found out that there was no going back. I decided to join the armed robbery gang to earn a living. I am married and blessed with three children. I lost my wife, Mary in 2012 while my three children are in Canada.”

The suspect finally met his waterloo following the arrest of an alleged member of his gang identified as Vincent, in Onitsha who disclosed sensitive information about the gang to the police.

Further investigations finally led to Obafemi's arrest at a hotel in Anambra State, and the police is set to charge the suspect as well as his accomplices to court soon.
Re: Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State by AtlanticBreeze: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
South West sends mercenaries to other regions to go and cause havoc, steal and destroy - Senator Godswill Akpabio 2016
Re: Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State by Unionised(m): 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Na career fulfilment he dey find....
Re: Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State by AtlanticBreeze: 6:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
MYnd44 send this thread to the frontpage the fast way you sent it to the crime section...
Re: Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State by AtlanticBreeze: 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
lalasticlala, mynd44 FP...
Re: Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Reminds me of a Yoruba film starring Odunlade "oyenusi"
Re: Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State by AtlanticBreeze: 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
lalasticlala, mynd44 if you dont send this news to the FP, I will deactivate my account and stop bringing any news here. do it now
Re: Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State by macfish01: 6:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
I think I read a similar story last week. Can't remember.
Please help our road users.
https://www.nairaland.com/3173131/open-letter-alhaji-aliko-dangote#46683501
Re: Police Arrests Medical Doctor Turned Armed Robber From Ogun State by MRBrownJ: 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
firing squad, no question asked!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Jailed For 9 Years In UK / 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Youth Go Into Cultism / Moneygram Transfer Fraud In India, Urgent Assistance Needed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.