Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme (20862 Views)

Apply For Job Application For Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XX / Apply For Andela Learning 2017 Program – Learn Android Development For Free / Npower Applications Open At 11.30PM June 11, What You Need To Know (videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by tbaba1234: 7:52am On Jun 19, 2016
Andela Internship Programme

Type: Internship Programme

Experience: None or Junior

About Andela:

Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across the African continent that will drive the current and future phases of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing population and highest youth population in the world, we believe Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent development.

At Andela, we find the brightest young people in Africa, train them to be world-class developers, and connect them with employers around the world looking for top technical talent. Passion, excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in common.

We have a vision to train 100,000 world-class developers in the next 10 years – and we want you to help make it happen.

Key Responsibilities

As an intern in Andela, you will be required to:

Work alongside team members on assigned projects.
Become the CEO of your work, project and/or tasks.
Document, collect and consolidate qualitative and quantitative data.
Suggest process improvements within the teams you’re assigned to.
Specific duties may vary depending on which department you are assigned to support.

You are a great fit for this programme if you:

Are a creative thinker with good problem solving skills
Have great attention to detail
Are an aggressive self-learner
Can demonstrate a keen interest in the activities and mandate of the department you are applying to.
Are a strong team player who works well with others
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comfortable with adjusting to changing demands and requirements
Ability to use (or learn to use) Google Apps and Microsoft Office products.
Maintain the highest standards for yourself and those around you
Are an unconventional thinker with unstoppable initiative, capable of balancing creativity and enthusiasm for change with mission-focus, patience, and prioritization
You would be able to choose your preferred department in the application form, as well as your preferred duration for the internship (3 or 6 months).

Benefits and Compensation

Light breakfast and lunch provided daily
Unconventional, dynamic, and passion-rich working environment
Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
Oh, and a chance to change the world!

We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.

Apply here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/andela/jobs/68227#.V2ZAL1dZGlL

CC: Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Please make this information available to interested parties

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by ubongchrisetim(m): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2016
how much do they pay

2 Likes

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by tbaba1234: 9:33am On Jun 19, 2016
CC:mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by tbaba1234: 9:52am On Jun 19, 2016
Andela Raises $24 Million From Mark Zuckerberg And Priscilla Chan's Fund To Train African Engineers

by Alex Konrad

For its first lead investment, Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan’s social issues-minded fund is looking to help startup Andela train more engineers in Africa to get tech jobs.

The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is leading a new $24 million Series B round of funding into Andela, the first lead investment for the fund set up by Facebook's FB -1.26% billionaire founder and his wife, a trained pediatrician, last year. Venture firm GV joined the round, alongside existing investors Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, Learn Capital and CRE Ventures.

Andela has trained just under 200 engineers in its two years in operation, accepting them from a pool of 40,000 applicants and giving them six months of intensive training before sending them to spend two weeks at technology partners. After that, the Andela developers sign on to those companies full-time, working out of Andela campuses it operates in Lagos and Nairobi.

“The goal is to cultivate a next generation of founders and CTOs of great companies across Africa,” says CEO Jeremy Johnson, who made the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2012 for a previous startup, 2U and cofounded Andela with Iyin Aboyeji, who remains based in Nigeria, in 2014.

Andela wasn’t looking to raise the money just yet, says Johnson, but after meeting the CZI team at an event hosted by the startup’s previous investors at Learn Capital, Johnson met directly with Zuckerberg. “My first thought was, how seriously is he really taking this, and how much do he and Priscilla really care?” says Johnson.

Zuckerberg and Chan really cared. In May, their initiative hired a new education chief, former deputy secretary of the U.S. Department of Education James Shelton. ”We live in a world where talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. Andela’s mission is to close that gap,” Zuckerberg said in a statement. “Companies get access to great developers, and developers in Africa get the opportunity to use their skills and support their communities. Priscilla and I believe in supporting innovative models of learning wherever they are around the world—and what Andela is doing is pretty amazing.”

Access to Zuckerberg gives Andela an ally who just happens to be arguably the most visible software developer in the world, says Johnson. Fellow new investor GV, meanwhile, clicked the most of a trio of more traditional venture firms that met with the startup.

Andela plans to open up a presence in a third African nation after Kenya and Nigeria later this year and opened a San Francisco office last month. The company plans to double its just under 200 developers trained to date over the next year.

Johnson says Andela isn’t profitable and isn’t trying to be, while focusing on scaling its presence; the partnerships with tech companies including Google , Microsoft and startups such as 6Sense and the Muse, however, brings in “real” revenue, he says.

At 6Sense, two Andela fellows are now considered part of the full-time staff after overcoming some initial skepticism from cofounder and CTO Viral Bajaria. It wasn’t until the fellows were able to spend time onsite with 6Sense that they were really able to ramp up. ”I knew the fellows would fit right in and do great the moment they took a vague idea of ‘make this javascript robust’ and figured out what libraries to use, why, pros and cons of each, etc.,” says Bajaria. “They are self-starters.”

The company’s biggest challenge is to prove that the quality of its graduates can be maintained at larger numbers. “When companies interact with Andela developers right now, they think, this person is sort of amazing,” says Johnson. Perhaps new investor Zuckerberg knows a thing or two about maintaining engineering quality at scale.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad/2016/06/16/andela-raises-24-million-from-zuckerberg-chan-initiative-and-gv/#63688f0e4b35

1 Like

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by bikerboy1(m): 10:05am On Jun 19, 2016
tbaba1234:
Andela Raises $24 Million From Mark Zuckerberg And Priscilla Chan's Fund To Train African Engineers

by Alex Konrad

For its first lead investment, Mark Zuckerberg and Dr. Priscilla Chan’s social issues-minded fund is looking to help startup Andela train more engineers in Africa to get tech jobs.

The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative is leading a new $24 million Series B round of funding into Andela, the first lead investment for the fund set up by Facebook's FB -1.26% billionaire founder and his wife, a trained pediatrician, last year. Venture firm GV joined the round, alongside existing investors Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, Learn Capital and CRE Ventures.

Andela has trained just under 200 engineers in its two years in operation, accepting them from a pool of 40,000 applicants and giving them six months of intensive training before sending them to spend two weeks at technology partners. After that, the Andela developers sign on to those companies full-time, working out of Andela campuses it operates in Lagos and Nairobi.

“The goal is to cultivate a next generation of founders and CTOs of great companies across Africa,” says CEO Jeremy Johnson, who made the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2012 for a previous startup, 2U and cofounded Andela with Iyin Aboyeji, who remains based in Nigeria, in 2014.

Andela wasn’t looking to raise the money just yet, says Johnson, but after meeting the CZI team at an event hosted by the startup’s previous investors at Learn Capital, Johnson met directly with Zuckerberg. “My first thought was, how seriously is he really taking this, and how much do he and Priscilla really care?” says Johnson.

Zuckerberg and Chan really cared. In May, their initiative hired a new education chief, former deputy secretary of the U.S. Department of Education James Shelton. ”We live in a world where talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. Andela’s mission is to close that gap,” Zuckerberg said in a statement. “Companies get access to great developers, and developers in Africa get the opportunity to use their skills and support their communities. Priscilla and I believe in supporting innovative models of learning wherever they are around the world—and what Andela is doing is pretty amazing.”

Access to Zuckerberg gives Andela an ally who just happens to be arguably the most visible software developer in the world, says Johnson. Fellow new investor GV, meanwhile, clicked the most of a trio of more traditional venture firms that met with the startup.

Andela plans to open up a presence in a third African nation after Kenya and Nigeria later this year and opened a San Francisco office last month. The company plans to double its just under 200 developers trained to date over the next year.

Johnson says Andela isn’t profitable and isn’t trying to be, while focusing on scaling its presence; the partnerships with tech companies including Google , Microsoft and startups such as 6Sense and the Muse, however, brings in “real” revenue, he says.

At 6Sense, two Andela fellows are now considered part of the full-time staff after overcoming some initial skepticism from cofounder and CTO Viral Bajaria. It wasn’t until the fellows were able to spend time onsite with 6Sense that they were really able to ramp up. ”I knew the fellows would fit right in and do great the moment they took a vague idea of ‘make this javascript robust’ and figured out what libraries to use, why, pros and cons of each, etc.,” says Bajaria. “They are self-starters.”

The company’s biggest challenge is to prove that the quality of its graduates can be maintained at larger numbers. “When companies interact with Andela developers right now, they think, this person is sort of amazing,” says Johnson. Perhaps new investor Zuckerberg knows a thing or two about maintaining engineering quality at scale.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad/2016/06/16/andela-raises-24-million-from-zuckerberg-chan-initiative-and-gv/#63688f0e4b35

Is the job meant for engineers alone?
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by tbaba1234: 10:07am On Jun 19, 2016
bikerboy1:

Is the job meant for engineers alone?

I don't think, you need to be an engineer to apply but you will be trained to be developers.
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by baba11(m): 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
tbaba1234:

I don't think, you need to be an engineer to apply but you will be trained to be developers.
I applied for class 1,successfully passed their tests...I'm still awaiting further instructions from them in order to proceed further tongue

1 Like

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by mrjojo: 1:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Can I apply? Am currently serving
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
I'm trying to submit the form, but its saying invalid location when I choose Lagos
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by vera031(f): 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
CNJJ:
I'm trying to submit the form, but its saying invalid location when I choose Lagos
Choose Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by oracle009(m): 3:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by oracle009(m): 3:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
I applied also sha.. Who no want better thing? Na operations I applied for o
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
vera031:
Choose Lagos, Nigeria
it didn't work still.
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
Hi, do they pay pls
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by vera031(f): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
CNJJ:
it didn't work still.
Mine didn't work when it was just Lagos but when I included Nigeria it worked.
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Icecream4U(m): 4:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
ubongchrisetim:
how much do they pay
free
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by awesomely: 5:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
Icecream4U:
free
free? Are u serious?
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Icecream4U(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
slimbryan:

free? Are u serious?
but you will be given food twice daily so that you don't run out of strength to work.
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Ask4bigneyo(m): 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
ok
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by weldersmind(m): 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
will accommodation be provided?
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Icecream4U(m): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
weldersmind:
will accommodation be provided?
no accommodation
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nafizzey(m): 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
CNJJ:
how did you add attached your CV and cover letter?
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by tbaba1234: 12:06am On Jun 20, 2016
Nafizzey:
how did you add attached your CV and cover letter?

You tried sending a message.
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by ifex370(m): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2016
Icecream4U:
free

4 Likes

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by labamo07(m): 7:07am On Jun 20, 2016
It's completely free, funded by Zuckerberg's initiative.. Congratulations to the Global Shapers..................

1 Like

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Thomsyne(m): 7:12am On Jun 20, 2016
Nice one there...
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by stobery(m): 7:18am On Jun 20, 2016
When are they coming to abuja?
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by 1Dray(m): 7:20am On Jun 20, 2016
All I can tell you is... I've been there, Andela is just a scam.
Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 20, 2016
I am applying right way, thank you mister OP!

1Dray:
All I can tell you is... I've been there, Andela is just a scam.
Say what? I withdraw my application sharperly

Icecream4U:
but you will be given food twice daily so that you don't run out of strength to work.
Just for this alone, I am re-applying

4 Likes

Re: Applications Open For Andela Internship Programme by smog1(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2016
baba11:

I applied for class 1,successfully passed their tests...I'm still awaiting further instructions from them in order to proceed further tongue
Someone said its nothing but a scam. Pls did you noticed any sign of such?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Things To Do Before Leaving Your Job / 100 Job Seekers March To Alausa In Protest Of No Job (Photos) / The Biggest Mistakes 20-something Job Seekers Make - Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.