Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,098 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Lost Passport Renewal: You Dont Have To Go To Abuja Again!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lost Passport Renewal: You Dont Have To Go To Abuja Again!!! (1953 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Nigerian Passport Renewal Wait Time In The U.K Is A Joke / Lost Passport Re-issue (help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lost Passport Renewal: You Dont Have To Go To Abuja Again!!! by dannywest01: 7:59am On Jun 19, 2016
Muhammad Babandede, the new comptroller-general of the Nigeria immigration service (NIS), says he has authorised state commands to replace lost passports, and also commence change of name due to marriage.

Both exercises were hitherto done in Abuja.

Babandede also pledged to decentralise and eliminate corruption at all passport offices in the country, saying reorganisation of the passport offices, was part of the sweeping reforms that has been embarked on by his administration.

The immigration boss disclosed this at a programme in Abuja on Thursday.

“Approval for replacement of lost passports shall henceforth be given by state comptrollers after online vetting and processing of application at the Passport Division in the Service’s headquarters,” he said.

“The minister of interior, Rtd Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Dambazau has tasked me to embark on this reform.

“We have taken stock of previous reforms, so what we are doing now is to decentralise the process, so that everybody do not need to come to Abuja for their passport.

“You know this creates tension in the system and even encourages corruption because of the pressure.”

The Immigration boss said that as part of efforts to root out corruption at passport offices, the official fees/categories of passports will henceforth be displayed at various passport offices to ensure transparency.

According to him, the 64 page e-passport still costs N20,000, 32 page booklet costs N15,000 (18-60 years) while those below 18 years and above 60 years cost N8, 750.

He urged Nigerians to insist on paying the official fees at the designated passport offices or pay online at the official immigration website to avoid exploitation by touts and agents.

Babandede said the NIS was also working to ensure availability of all categories of passport booklets, especially the 32 page booklet which is always in high demand “to avoid any confusion”.

He said additional passport offices will also be opened in state commands where the existing passport office is getting overwhelmed with demand to ensure efficient service delivery.

Re: Lost Passport Renewal: You Dont Have To Go To Abuja Again!!! by genesisproperty: 8:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ftc,nice development
Re: Lost Passport Renewal: You Dont Have To Go To Abuja Again!!! by dannywest01: 7:41am On Jun 23, 2016
genesisproperty:
Ftc,nice development
yes it is because I knew what I went through when my passport was lost. It was not a joke at all

1 Like

Re: Lost Passport Renewal: You Dont Have To Go To Abuja Again!!! by queenelizabeth: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hello, @Dannywest01, i have been trying to reach you. Please, send me a mail- nnadimelec@gmail.com. I cant send a message to ur email via nairaland

(1) (Reply)

How To Get To Icm(shoprite) From Agege / See What Was Spotted Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway On Wednesday / Visa Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.