Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

What Did You Learn In Church Today? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn In Church Today? (9969 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. / Why Did You Not Go To Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by joshk(m): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
redeeming time
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by HoneyB10(f): 2:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
allanphash7:
I learnt a new thing in my church today (St bottles cathedral) Lagos province 1

I learnt how baby oku and origin plastic can make you last longer

9ja people with tactics on how to have s*x sha
Repent
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by allanphash7(m): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
From?
HoneyB10:

Repent
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by nonjebose(m): 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
What is Good is not necessarily what is pleasant or desirable to us, but what God has put in place for us, even when it seems unpleasant. As long as God planned it or is from Him, then it is Good
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by SUGARDADDY55(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
Show luv to ur neighbours who cant pay u back
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by HoneyB10(f): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
allanphash7:
From?
The trash u just posted undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by TrollTrap: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2016
Didn't go to church, heck haven't been to church in a while...
Just regret not going after dem gyals in my former church....the signs were there, even my boys saw the signs and tried to make me move to them but I was so naive and innocent back then.... angry angry
Digging this up now vexes me right now angry angry

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Unfortunately, I don't attend Church.

Nwanne, na tomoro the voting they start...

I go just Mention you...

Dalu...
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:

Nwanne, na tomoro the voting they start...
I go just Mention you...
Dalu...
Ok sir!. cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
Blessograo:
if you are a Christian why not?
Nigerian Churches don't give me the spiritual drive I seek.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Prettiepearlz(f): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
I learnt to always seek the face of God and stop looking for what is not lost. To always carry my cross and follow Christ. And we were asked this rhetorical question that was taken from today's gospel reading. and I also ask you today ''Who do you say God is? A magician? A seer? or what? Delay is not denial, learn to have faith in God, don't run faster than your God. Father narrated the tale of Woman who is a Catholic but married to a non-Christian had a daughter who she sponsored singlehandedly abroad but the young lady got there and forgot her mother but instead she was steadily keeping in touch with her father and also sending him money not even remembering her mother, when the she calls her herself, the daughter would not pick. This woman then approached her parish priest and explained her predicament and the parish priest told her that she should fast for 3days and then visit the blessed sacrament for prayers and he would be joining her on the last day. This woman did the fast and on the last day father joined her in prayers and she was told to go home to break her fast. But on the way, this woman met a Church warden( a Catholic also) who asked her where she was coming from, this woman then narrated her ordeal and this church warden then told this woman that she would take her to mama woli (in father's word) and immediately she followed the church warden T. the prophetess place, this prophetess then told her that she will take her to the mountain to pray for the witches in her family to die, when they got to this mountain, the woman's phone started to ring and she wanted to pick the call, the mama prophetess told her not to pick any call so to avoid distraction, she obeyed and didn't pick the call and proceeded to climb the mountain( someone who has been fasting for three days and hasn't even broke the fast for that day) she started feeling dizzy and fell to her death and then immediately the prophetess out of fear told the church warden who brought the woman to her that she is going oooo, she doesn't want wahala and that she doesn't know the woman and she won't be responsible for it, she left the church warden with the woman's corpse at the mountain leaving the church warden in distress. This church warden had to go back to church to tell the priest the whole story of how it happened. The priest followed her and they went to deposit her corpse at the mortuary. They then checked the woman's phone, lo and behold they met 28 missed calls from her daughter who explained that she didn't know the reason she forgot about her mother. Meaning the woman's prayers were already answered but she just wasn't patient enough instead she was seeking for fast miracle. she allowed herself to be misled. Seek God yourself, Stop being a church fornicator,as for me I am Catholic and I am contented, when I feel something is wrong I never fail to visit the blessed sacrament in the adoration chapel. you are a child of God, all these prophets and prophetess are also human, stop looking for fast miracle. Who do you say God is? Happy Sunday y'all. please ignore any error, I am sleepy already. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Koddedtinz: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ummm
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Blessograo(f): 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
I'm not going to argue with you but i want to ask for the meaning of your name and why you are named that, also why you believe there is no God. God has been merciful to you in so many ways and do you think it is by your power, the law of blessing in disguise does it come randomly, the word "miracle" what does it mean to you? every religion believe in God, it might mean a different God but the believe there is something greater than we human and they all believe that there is always a reward for those who sin and those who do not and we always have something to use to redeem ourselves i'm sure you went to church at childhood why did you stop believing, you know most things that happened in the Bible yet why did you stop believing? i'm not a preacher i just hope you retrace your steps back to your creator. PEACE!
DedeNkem:

Blasphemy my hairy as*s!

The Bible, also has another name – The Word of God. For the Christian thinks every word of it was dictated by God. It is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies… But you notice that when the Lord God of Heaven and Earth, adored Father of Man, goes to war, there is no limit. He is totally without mercy — he, who is called the Fountain of Mercy. He slays, slays, slays! All the men, all the beasts, all the boys, all the babies; also all the women and all the girls, except those that have not been deflowered. He makes no distinction between innocent and guilty… What the insane Father required was blood and misery; he was indifferent as to who furnished it.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Blessograo(f): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
Get a church that gives you such drive
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Nigerian Churches don't give me the spiritual drive I seek.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by nonjebose(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
Forgiveness... Coincidentally there was dis friend sitting behind me dat we dnt talk anymore, @ dat moment i wished i was d one sitting behind her bcs i felt really embarrased.
I hope you mustered enough courage to do needful immediately
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Blessograo:
Get a church that gives you such drive
That church probably doesn't exist; so is spend my Sunday's living the simple life.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by amandina: 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
I didn't learn anything because our so called pastors are bunch of hypocrists
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Blessograo(f): 2:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
probably because the bible said something about those who do not believe in God besides if pastors don't pray for him, remember pastors are human too who also have personal problems, and yet if they don't them God is there to always take care of his Children and if death is the only peace they can get so be it, we will all die someday.
pring:
Thanks bro.
Religion is a hoax.
People would nt listen.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by dictbennie(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
confy22:
Alot buh lemme share little: Who z Jesus Christ to u? Some of us often see Jesus as one who doesn't forgive, who punishes, who is nt approachable. Until we realize who Jesus is to us our faith n Christianity will nt make meaning. We can only realize who Jesus is to us when we encounter him, the best way to encounter him is to open up ourselves to him. The best place to encounter him is in church, but what is/are Ur reasons for going to church? is it because U wnt to show off? No matter how may clothes or shoes U av U can't neva wear two @ once, no matter Hw expensive Ur shoes are U must walk u'll nt fly. I JX LOVE BEING CATHOLIC!

Did you attend St Charles Olodi Apapa today? Who is Jesus Christ to you was the exact question our priest asked the congregation.

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by cecejobs(m): 2:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Men's applaud isn't equal to God's approval
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Bonchila(m): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
The answer to your situation is not in the connections that you have nor in the change of location but IN GOD. Malachi 3:6

#SecondService #SundayService #MonthOfMultiplication
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Blessograo(f): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Got you! grin
demolinka:

Make I no lie, na as I comot church the message sef comot for my head. Lawd have mercy...
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 2:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Honestly i wish i did bt its way deeper than it seems, its a family beef...
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Princejydo(m): 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
DedeNkem:

Blasphemy my hairy as*s!

The Bible, also has another name – The Word of God. For the Christian thinks every word of it was dictated by God. It is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies… But you notice that when the Lord God of Heaven and Earth, adored Father of Man, goes to war, there is no limit. He is totally without mercy — he, who is called the Fountain of Mercy. He slays, slays, slays! All the men, all the beasts, all the boys, all the babies; also all the women and all the girls, except those that have not been deflowered. He makes no distincti.on between innocent and guilty… What the insane Father required was blood and misery; he was indifferent as to who furnished it.
hello answer Di's questions for me. can you share your wife with another man, what will you do if u see another man having Sex with her in your presence, if you and your son went out and somebody asked him is this your father and your son said no. tell me what will do. then I will continue from there
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Donshemzy1234: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
sermon topic, in a glorious generation, sold out to Jesus. I leant diff BTW a glorious generation and d generation of shame. nd how to join d cadre of d glorious generation.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by menxer: 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
absoluteSuccess:
that what we pay for is our ignorance.

if you can sow your own clothes yourself, will you still pay to get the same clothes sown?

You pay for what you don't know about.

Meaning if one knows how to communicate with God one needs not go to any pastor/church to do it, abi?
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by Ezekiel727: 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
saxby:
Most people just go to church to do other things aside hearing the word of God.

Some go to charge phones, some go to show off their new dress. Some even go to toast woman. Let's see if you're one of them.

What was the topic of the sermon, and what did you learn in church today??

the moment of decision. I learnt that we as human beings have a decision to make whether to serve God or the devil, your present decision determine your destination. thanks
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by nonjebose(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
Honestly i wish i did bt its way deeper than it seems, its a family beef...
That message could have been for you alone. You missed a glorious opportunity, but fair enough you can still replay the message in your mind and make out an opportunity to reconcile. As long as the love of God is so deep, then nothing is too deep. It only seem too deep because that is what your mind tells you
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by youngest85(m): 2:33pm On Jun 19, 2016
saxby:
Most people just go to church to do other things aside hearing the word of God.

Some go to charge phones, some go to show off their new dress. Some even go to toast woman. Let's see if you're one of them.

What was the topic of the sermon, and what did you learn in church today??

Dat i shud stay away 4rm gayism
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by holyfather(m): 2:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
skywalker001:
I learnt that faith doesn't make things easy but faith make things possible
I love this.
This should be coming from an experienced practitioner.
Re: What Did You Learn In Church Today? by AdewaleAdron(m): 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
The lesson of the sermon today was the 2nd part of a good christian home which says that;

God
God should be the number 1 priority of every home. He should not be an unseen guest, but the All in All of our Home. Everybody resorts and reports to him and He must be given the first place in everything. If there are areas of your home or marriage you refuse to surrender to Him, He will not force it, make Him your priority.

Your Spouse
If you are married, Your Spouse should be your number 2 priority. A married man is to love his wife as Christ loved the Church(Ephesians 5:25) Christ's first priority-after obeying and glorifying the father was the church. In the same way, wives are to submit to their husbands ''as to the lord''. The principle is that a woman's husband is second only to God in her priorities.

Your Children
Lo, children are the heritage of the Lord; and the fruit of the womb is his reward(Psalm 127;3). Parents arev to raise Godly children who will be the next generation of those who love the Lord with all their hearts(Malachi2:15; Proverbs 22:6; Ephesians 6:4).

Parents
Deuteronomy 5:16 tells us to honor our parents so that we may live long and so things will go well with us. No age limit is specified, which lead us to believe that as long as our parents are alive, we should honor them. Once a child reaches adulthood, he is no longer obligated to obey them("Children, obey your parents..."wink but there is no age limits to honoring them.

Extended family members
But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith and is worse than an infidel (1 Timothy 5:cool. We are to take care of our extended family members too. Rahab saved her entire family from destruction. Joshua 2:18; 6:33.

Brothers and Sisters in Christ
We are to love and care for our brothers and sisters in Christ. "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith". Galatians 6:10; 5:13, Colossians 3:14, Ephesians 4:32, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, Hebrews 10:24.

The Immediate Society and the world at large
Finally comes the rest of the world(Matthew 28:19), to whom we should bring the gospel, making Disciples of Christ. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too(Philippians 2:14 NLT). "Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world." Philippians 2:14-15.

Conclusion
While sometimes decisions must be made to focus on one person over another, especially in times of crisis or special needs, the goal is not to neglect any of our relationships. The biblical balance is allowing God to empower us to meet all of our relationship priorities, inside and outside our families.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“FOR MY SAKE” By Opeyemi Akintunde / Bible The Biggest Liar And Contradiction ever produce In the History Of Man / Is Abortion A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.