Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Happy Father's Day. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Father's Day. (338 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / Single Mum Dresses Up Like A Man To Celebrate Father's Day (Photos) / Father's Day: What Did You Learn From Your Father, That Has Helped You In Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Father's Day. by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 19, 2016
Fathers are rarely celebrated even on their days it doesn't look like a day reserved for them, well some might attribute it the gross insensitivity of our Dads.

I put on some words few enough and true to portray in perspective who a Father is.

I remember late at night when the time is way past nine when the honks of the horn of his white Toyota lace spread a gloomy look all over my face.
There my eyes was, blocked of vision by the the lamp over the table. My mother would once again groan with a dissatisfaction of his perpetual lateness pretending to be engrossed with the late night movie on channels TV by ignoring his presence as his shoe hit the floor hard( I then thought a man's worth was under the leather of his shoes). His presence sent a natural default settings; angels were made immediately out of the demons in us.
The stern look like a soldier's restores my foolishness to common sense his hand firm as the land yet soft as the palm of an infant locked upon the nipple of a pillar; I miss the big loaf of the agege bread he always had as a companion, I miss my hands lost in his palm walking the streets with the feelings of protection and subtle pride;

I remember the days it felt as if the storm had stormed the house with just ome mistake he could forget his palm on my face. For some it was a raging fist that made our bones shift. His voice was like that coming down from heaven through speakers that made us feel at death's door, his reproach was not with words cause they failed him;Yet i loved him still; God didn't create someone odd but a blend of the calmness of the sea, the rage of the wave beneath the surface of the oceans, the Majesty of a tree, the kindness of his grace, the strength of a rock, the love of His son, breaking his back at both ends with a labour of love.
Happy Father's Day.

Gbadegesin Onyekachukwu.

(1) (Reply)

Ideas Worth Sharing: What's Original? / Allow Experts To Repair, Service And Maintian Your Air Conditions / Blue Edifice Properties Ltd Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.