Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,710 members, 7,802,154 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Mimzy's Triumph. - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Mimzy's Triumph. (1038 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimzy's Triumph. by joseph1832(m): 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
Mimzy, a dame sweet as heaven,
Eyes struggle to tear her apart,
For her carriage, is a haven
Where eyes feed with a heavy heart.

She still harbors them with calm thought,
For respect to all, is all she sought,
With grace and a calm demeanor,
No wonder, she's Venus de Milo.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by joseph1832(m): 12:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
CONTENT ANALYSIS OF THE POEM.

BACKGROUND OF THE POEM: The background is set around the Miss Nairaland Contest, where contestants campaign and solicit for votes from members of the forum. Some using unsolicited means, and some spamming the forum for it.

The contest takes place twice a year, but now it has been re branded to hold once a year. This year's contest in particular is the toughest so far, as cheap blackmail and chicanery is being use by team members to smear contestants to get them to step down from the contest.

PLOT OF THE POEM: The plot of the poem surrounds a particular Miss Nairaland contestant. Who have been leveled with all manner of allegation, from being married, to being a mother etc

This particular contestant have been greatly lampooned as her affairs outside this contest (offline) have been brought into it by some unscrupulous element, who will do anything in their power just to bring her down.

In the light of all this negative energy thrown at this contestant, she still hold her head in high esteem as she believes, loves conquers all, that no matter the hate thrown at her, real love shown to her friends (those who criticize her) is the only way to make them have a rethink and see the error of their ways.

STRUCTURE OF THE POEM: The poem is an eight line poem written in two quatrain. This type of poem is know as the Rispetto poem, because of its strict rhyme scheme and its use of iambic tetrameter.

The poem has the rhyme scheme of abab ccdd, and its written in iambic tetrameter as most Rispetto poem usually are, expect if one is writing A heroic Rispetto poem, which is usually written in iambic pentameter.

POETIC DEVICE(S):

Diction: The diction used in the poem is that of simple English where every reader will readily understand as the poet didn't make use of any fancy or big word to convey his message. The diction is set to be that of informal, rather than formal.

Simile: Used in line 1 of the poem. "As sweet as heaven".

Emjambment: Used in line 3 of the poem.

End-Stopped Line: Used in line 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 in the poem.

Metaphor: Used in line 3 and line 8 of the poem. "For her carriage is a Haven" and"No wonder, she's Venus de Milo".

Parody: Used in line 2 of the poem. "Eyes struggle to tear her apart".

Imagery: Used in line 4 of the poem. The words "eyes" "feed" and "heart" is used to appeal to our sense of sight, taste and our emotion.

THEME:

Love
Strength
Determination
Humor.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by DRISKLEF(m): 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
Joseph cool
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by DRISKLEF(m): 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
LOLin @ Venus de milo
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by joseph1832(m): 12:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
DRISKLEF:
LOLin @ Venus de milo
Read the content analysis and see if I'm wrong. grin
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by DRISKLEF(m): 12:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
joseph1832:
Read the content analysis and see if I'm wrong. grin
Completely right!

Really yea, i must comment on your spontaneous verboseness. Quite commendable cool
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by joseph1832(m): 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2016
DRISKLEF:
Completely right!

Really yea, i must comment on your spontaneous verbosity. Quite commendable cool
Spontaneous verbosity ke? I wrote the poem in simple English bro. Lol.
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by DRISKLEF(m): 12:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
joseph1832:
Spontaneous verbosity ke? I wrote the poem in simple English bro. Lol.
Hahaha! Kudos man.
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by Lezzlie(m): 3:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=joseph1832 post=46715307][/quote] Joe, nice rhythm and rhyme and strong compelling theme.

And She's all that actually.
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by joseph1832(m): 3:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Lezzlie: Really? Nice to know. Lol.
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by Lezzlie(m): 3:42pm On Jun 19, 2016
joseph1832:
Le.zzlie: Really? Nice to know. Lol.
You're welcome, bro.
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
Can't believe I'm just seeing this cry

This is what happens when mentions get flooded cry

Thank you so much Joe . Very lovely piece, I do appreciate kiss

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by robosky02(m): 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
mimzy:
Can't believe I'm just seeing this cry

This is what happens when mentions get flooded cry

Thank you so much Joe . Very lovely piece, I do appreciate kiss

ok lets go there
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by MrObontami(m): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2016
Cool cool
Re: Mimzy's Triumph. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
joseph1832 , you got me digging and i came up with this...
I'm still trying to figure out how our characters are alike .

Care to expatiate plssss?

(1) (Reply)

Balm Of Praise... Sweet Art Of Poetry / The Pit! / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.