Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,267 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:34 AM

EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief (16938 Views)

EFCC Forced Me To Admit Taking N30 Million From Diezani - INEC Official(photo) / Ex-air Force Chief, Umar, Diverted N13.3bn In 2 Yrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
Detained ‎former Air Officer in charge of Tactical Air Command, Makurdi, Air Vice Marshal [AVM] Rufus Ojuawo, has told a Federal High Court in Abuja that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) forced him to pay N40 million as a condition for his release.

He is currently in confinement at House 27, Niger Barracks, Asokoro, Abuja, under the directive of the EFCC.

He further alleged that contrary to the position of the anti-graft agency, he did not voluntarily surrender his Range Rover (SUV) car to the commission but that it was seized from him by force.

His averments ‎were contained in his further affidavit in support of his application to enforce his fundamental rights now pending before Justice Adeniyi Ademola of the Abuja division of the Federal High Court.

The officer who has been in detention custody for over 100 days since his arrest on February 7, 2016, was last week produced in court by the anti-corruption agency following an order of the court.

Justice Ademola gave the order after counsel to the detained military chief, Mr. R.N. Ojabo, moved an application for the enforcement of his fundamental human rights.

His appearance was ordered by the court to enable it know which agency of government was keeping him since the EFCC denied that the embattled military officer was not in its custody, having being released on administrative bail.

Until his arrest by the EFCC on February 7, 2016, at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, Ojuawo was carrying out his duties as the Air Officer Commanding the Tactical Air Command, Nigerian Air Force, Makurdi.

FURTHER DETAILS LATER

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/19/efcc-forced-me-to-pay-n40m-for-my-release-detained-air-force-chief/

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
Only one man owns #40million amidst high cost of living in the country.

22 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by omenka(m): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
Okay, lemme guess, we are supposed to sympathise with you for losing 40m abi??

These crooks think too much of themselves honestly. What exactly gives them reason to believe the ordinary man, who constitutes the bulk of naija's population, gives a Bleep if they lost their dick in the process of litigation

EFCC did us a great disservice demanding such miserly amount- they should have asked the thief to empty his account!!

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by iaamxavier(m): 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
omenka:

These crooks think too much of themselves honestly. What exactly gives them reason to believe the ordinary man who constitute the bulk of naija's population gives a Bleep is the lost their dick in the process of litigation

EFCC did us a great disservice demanding such miserly amount- they should have asked the thief to empty his account!!

can u pls translate what you said in English?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by babadee1(m): 11:00pm On Jun 19, 2016
AVM Rufus Ojuawo sir, how did you get 40 million naira cash and money to buy a Range Rover? From your airforce salary?

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by AntiWailer: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
We should pity him I guess.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by youngeagle(m): 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
I pity this nation where a youth will be asking a young man like him why 40m is sitting in his account while supporting this evil trend by the EFCC to twist the arm of a suspect to take there money by force through bail or other means,we have a law for crying out loud,if this guy stole the money take him to court recover our money and jail the convicted man,this trend is really bad for democracy,you accuse a suspect of 40m,put his bail at 40m when you haven't convicted him of the crime,who is now the thief...which way Nigeria.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by wowmenow: 12:01am On Jun 20, 2016
omenka:

These crooks think too much of themselves honestly. What exactly gives them reason to believe the ordinary man who constitute the bulk of naija's population gives a Bleep is the lost their dick in the process of litigation

What about about amechi and fashola are they not crook?

When will efcc hunting them

Buhari just chasing shadows with his media trial

If buhari have balls let him take dasuki to court

13 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 20, 2016
So?
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by bakila: 3:43am On Jun 20, 2016
youngeagle:
I pity this nation where a youth will be asking a young man like him why 40m is sitting in his account while supporting this evil trend by the EFCC to twist the arm of a suspect to take there money by force through bail or other means,we have a law for crying out loud,if this guy stole the money take him to court recover our money and jail the convicted man,this trend is really bad for democracy,you accuse a suspect of 40m,put his bail at 40m when you haven't convicted him of the crime,who is now the thief...which way Nigeria.
Bros if Americans know that Obama has $40m in his account the kasala will not finish in two years. Ordinary AOC has 40m is that not yam? Definitely it is not salary, if it is inheritance oya let's see the will.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Ahmeduana(m): 7:02am On Jun 20, 2016
iflywithbuhari:

www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/19/efcc-forced-me-to-pay-n40m-for-my-release-detained-air-force-chief/
THIS JUSTICE ADEMOLA MUST BE CORRUPT, WHY IS IT THAT IS THE ONLY JUDGE THAT IS GRANTING EFCC PERPETUAL DETAIN WARRANT, IS HE THE ONLY JUDGE IN NIGERIA? WHAT IS THE COLLABORATION BETWEEN EFCC, BUHARI, APC AND THIS ADEMOLA? DID efcc HAVE SOMETHING SECRET ON THE JUDGE THAT MADE HIM TO ALWAY DO THERE BIDDING?

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by slimghost(m): 7:16am On Jun 20, 2016
omenka:

These crooks think too much of themselves honestly. What exactly gives them reason to believe the ordinary man, who constitutes the bulk of naija's population, gives a Bleep if they lost their dick in the process of litigation

Clown! So you and your useless Tyrant Buhari with his attack dogs (EFCC) have already condemned the man as a thief without proper trial?
I guess it's safe to say that the Tyrant Buhari is also a criminal as he has commited perjury and forgery!

23 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by omenka(m): 7:21am On Jun 20, 2016
slimghost:

Clown! So you and your useless Tyrant Buhari with his attack dogs (EFCC) have already condemned the man as a thief without proper trial?
I guess it's safe to say that the Tyrant Buhari is also a criminal as he has commited perjury and forgery!
Look in front- yes that red house over there, that's right. Behind it you'd find your playmates- now run along and join them....there you go... Such a cute little boy. smiley

28 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by brownlord: 7:30am On Jun 20, 2016
omenka:

Dude, what is the difference between what efcc is doing and kidnappers are doing? That's assuming you read this write up, 40m was forcefully collected from him and efcc runs to the media to announce looters willingly submitted money to them, The court is in the right position to find anyone guilty not Efcc, you or Lai Muhammed.

Use ur brain abeg

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by ckmayoca: 7:31am On Jun 20, 2016
EFCC dey generate IGR ni.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by double0seven(m): 7:37am On Jun 20, 2016
and who told you its because of 40 million (only) that they holding him. He's probably has in his keep hundreds of millions of naira.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by slimghost(m): 7:40am On Jun 20, 2016
omenka:
Look in front- yes that red house over there, that's right. Behind it you'd find your playmates- now run along and join them....there you go... Such a cute little boy. smiley

lol. Kid. I know your type. Classless little boy! You are a true definition of a phycophant and unrepentant hypocrite. People like you are part of the problems of this country.

19 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:54am On Jun 20, 2016
What is Efcc still waiting for?

The man should be killed already if found guilty.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by humbleluke: 7:58am On Jun 20, 2016
Love Machine:
Only one man owns #40million amidst high cost of living in the country.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Beehshorp(m): 7:59am On Jun 20, 2016
Efcc is now the branch of APC dat supplies money from the FG ever since Amaechi left Rivers state government house...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by kay29000(m): 7:59am On Jun 20, 2016
Hmm! Interesting. Thief still get mouth. And I am sure those IPOD people will flock this thread to support the criminal. They would support anything, good or bad, as long as it is against the current administration. They have been blinded by hate.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by wengerjay(m): 7:59am On Jun 20, 2016
Where did you get the #40millon sir?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Pyno30: 8:00am On Jun 20, 2016
You should be glad for have been released sef. Ask the likes of FFK and others that's ready to pay billions just to be released, yet no answer.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by iaamxavier(m): 8:01am On Jun 20, 2016
Yes u gotta return the yam u stole! just like Gej obj and co undecided
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 20, 2016
Just sharrap there. Awon Ole! But why is the dullard behaving like this? chasing everything and everyone at the same time.
I will like the dullard to bring
#Amechi
#Tinubu
#Atiku
#Obasanjo
#Sani Abacha
#Fashole
#IBB and co to justice.
All these yam eaters must vomit what they ate.
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:01am On Jun 20, 2016
slimghost:

why can't you comment without degrading a member? He makes his opinion which I believe is that of the common man out there on the street without insult but, you are here calling him a clown.

To think you call him a little kid. Who then is the kid reading from both of your comments above?

Maka why?

8 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 20, 2016
omenka:

This one would just be talking anyhow early in the morning, as if he has a hangover.
Anyways, let all our stolen funds be recovered to the last kobo, 2016 budget is covered already.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 20, 2016
40 what?

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 20, 2016
omenka:

......and your English sef... shocked shocked shocked

I dey find Abino for interpretation. ......hian!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by SweetJoystick(m): 8:02am On Jun 20, 2016
You pay that's all that matters, you yam eater
Re: EFCC Forced Me To Pay N40m For My Release – Detained Air Force Chief by martineverest(m): 8:04am On Jun 20, 2016
u should be happy they were lenient,otherwise,the court would have charged u more....efcc looking for ways to recover loots sice 12 b.c

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abba Kyari And Lawal Daura Have Not Resigned - Presidency / Obasanjo And Ahmed Makarfi In Secret Meeting In Abeokuta / Lagos, Osun, Cross River’s Debts Exceed Revenues By Over 480% - FRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.