Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Earn Money From Your Stories - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Earn Money From Your Stories (929 Views)

Disadvantage Of Sharing Your Stories On Nairaland / 5 Ways To Earn Money As A Writer In Nigeria / Can You Introduce A Character From Your Stories? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Earn Money From Your Stories by KSBlog: 10:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
Do you want to earn money from your story(ies)?

Worry not. Okadabooks has got you covered. For more details, PM me or drop your questions here. I'll attend to everyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Earn Money From Your Stories by greatnaija01: 12:07am On Jun 20, 2016
What type of stories?
What is the determining factor for getting paid?
Means of payment?
How fast will payments occur?
When can I start?

1 Like

Re: Earn Money From Your Stories by dewalt(m): 4:26am On Jun 20, 2016
Please, can you give a detail information on how to start, the mode of registration and how to generate income? Thank you
Re: Earn Money From Your Stories by KSBlog: 7:55am On Jun 20, 2016
greatnaija01:
What type of stories?
What is the determining factor for getting paid?
Means of payment?
How fast will payments occur?
When can I start?

1 You can publish any story of your choice.
2 You get paid based on sales of your story(ies)
3. Payment is made to your bank account
4. Once you request payout, you get it in 24 hours
5. You can start now with your written works.
Re: Earn Money From Your Stories by KSBlog: 8:07am On Jun 20, 2016
dewalt:
Please, can you give a detail information on how to start, the mode of registration and how to generate income? Thank you

To create an account, go to okadabooks.com. After creating your account, design a book cover and upload it. Fill in your book title, description and choose its category. Tap the "create epub" button to paste in your work. The first page should be the title and subsequent pages, the chapters. If its a short story, you can have only the title page and the second should be the body of the work.

Check the box to disable sale in web store. This helps to prevent buyers from converting your book and using it for their own purpose, outside of reading.

If your story is in adult category, check the "Adult (18+) box.

See the screenshot below
Re: Earn Money From Your Stories by KSBlog: 8:08am On Jun 20, 2016
More screenshots

Re: Earn Money From Your Stories by KSBlog: 8:13am On Jun 20, 2016
After getting your books published, then we will move to the next stage - How to get people to buy your stories. This stage will be for only serious minds, please.

I developed a strategy that I now use. Most of you know it, but you don't use it. I wasn't making sales until I used it and discovered, okadabooks is the best place to sell my books.
Re: Earn Money From Your Stories by KSBlog: 8:17am On Jun 20, 2016
M
Re: Earn Money From Your Stories by uanda(m): 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
I understand that okadabooks minimum payout is 10k.
This amount should be reviewed downwards.

(1) (Reply)

STAFF OF Odin(by Nonsegzy De Magnificenti) / Nairalander Shortlisted For Elisalat Flash Fiction Price / How I Was Tortured By A Co-participants In Mmm, Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.