Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,718 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest (3390 Views)

Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Mr. NAIRALAND Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Nomination & Verification Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Phame: 8:00am On Jun 20, 2016

- Votes from accounts created before the 1st of April 2015 and with less than 300 posts as at 1st of April would also be counted as invalid.

With all due respect, this rule negates all code of practice if put on the "weighing balance' of logic.

My reasons are:

1. If it's not part of the rules to have more than 300 votes to participate in this contest as a contestant, I don't think it conforms with logic to ask the voters to have 300 posts to their name before they can vote.

2. The moment you register on this effigy of a forum, you automatically adopt the name "nairalander" irrespective of the number of posts you have , and you stand to enjoy all benefit and protection enjoyed by every member(both old and new ).

3. If a nairalander can post , place advert , increase the traffic of this forum irrespective of his or her number of posts, and can only do this mostly as a registered member, then , I see no reason why he or she should be denied an opportunity of voting simply because he or she hasn't posted up to 300 times on the forum.

suggestion

1. Number of posts required to vote should not be a criterion or pre-requisite , rather , time of registration.

2. If possible, and if the rule must stand(I.e if you guys insist) , I think it should be slashed to 40-50 as against the extant 300 posts ceiling set.

3. It's not every nairalander that post regularly. We have people who are as old as Seun on nairaland but still have less than 20 posts. Should they be denied a right , despite their loyalty to this great forum , just because they have a few posts? It shouldn't be so.

Seun , I know you are altruistic towards the members of this forum, I hope you exhibit that trait as regards the points raised here.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 8:05am On Jun 20, 2016
seun will note it no worry

1 Like

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Jason21(m): 8:08am On Jun 20, 2016
beetches and condoms! what a rule!
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by ritababe(f): 8:09am On Jun 20, 2016
you should address it to dygeasy.

don't forget to vote Lanicky oh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 20, 2016
40? Like seriously? No way!

Maybe 150 or 200

Atleast those who think they can bring out their inactive 'pseudo' accounts have been dealt great blow

No room for multiple voting

Nice one organisers
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Phame: 8:13am On Jun 20, 2016
ritababe:
you should address it to dygeasy.

don't forget to vote Lanicky oh
dygeasy!
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by giftybae: 8:14am On Jun 20, 2016
Cc; Dygeasy.
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 20, 2016
omonighoblessing:
seun will note it no worry
Weldone! Seun's PA.... Seun's spokeperson.... Garba Shehu.... Doyin okupe..... Minister of information.... Lebaran Maku

You don join gang
You've joined Lai Mohammed's gang

Continue

2 Likes

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by EzePromoe1: 8:17am On Jun 20, 2016
The reason for the rule is put in check the excesses of multiple voters, though not entirely but to a significant extent. There are many nlders who own up to 40 monikers that can even make a goat win if it contested for this pageant.

https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/mysticgalspeaks2NL0.mp3?_subject_uid=575485648&w=AAAym8HTmvhgnqWu9uFK6XPzXrZb0O8r4KZDGB0YFIikkQ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Phame: 8:19am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
40? Like seriously? No way!

Maybe 150 or 200

Atleast those who think they can bring out their inactive 'pseudo' accounts have been dealt great blow

No room for multiple voting

Nice one organisers
that rule cannot address the issue unless if it's made flexible.
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Phame: 8:22am On Jun 20, 2016
'I concurrently concur with the concurrence'.

1 Like

Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 20, 2016
Phame:
that rule cannot address the issue unless if it's made flexible.
To some extent, it will. Maybe not 100% but Atleast to a reasonable percentage
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 20, 2016
My exact thought! Most times i click on threads willing to comment only to find out someone else with the same opinion as my own has already posted a comment, i just like the comment and leave d thread- that deos not mean i am not active! Only for me to see that i can't vote because I have not made up to 300 comments.
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 20, 2016
walcut:
My exact thought! Most times i click on threads willing to comment only to find out someone else with the same opinion as my own has already posted a comment, i just like the comment and leave d thread- that deos not mean i am not active! Only for me to see that i can't vote because I have not made up to 300 comments.
during the last general election in the country, not everyone with voter's card could vote. Due to many reasons. Some, their fingerprints couldn't be verified.
You see? Not all of us can vote sir
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 8:33am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
Weldone! Seun's PA.... Seun's spokeperson.... Garba Shehu.... Doyin okupe..... Minister of information.... Lebaran Maku

You don join gang

Continue
grin I just talk my own ooh.how I wish am seun's PA really. ..
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:

You don join gang

Continue
grin grin STFUareyouG0d
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by stobery(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2016
Why is dygeasy not talking?
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by stobery(m): 8:38am On Jun 20, 2016
omonighoblessing:
grin I just talk my own ooh.how I wish am seun's PA really. ..

And you think you are eligible to vote today?
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 8:40am On Jun 20, 2016
grin just checked my profile now saw that I have more than 300 post....that means am free to vote abi?....yippie! !!!
#refiner #KINGinVAHALA2 #Maxi112 #stobery
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 20, 2016
undecided what's this one saying??
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by omonighoblessing(f): 8:43am On Jun 20, 2016
ellacute45:
undecided what's this one saying??
kilode?
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2016
ellacute45:
grin grin STFUareyouG0d
swiri kiss kiss kiss so you recognise me in my local attire
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
during the last generation election in the country, not everyone with voter's card could vote. Due to many reasons.
I just turned 18 two weeks before the election doesn't mean i can't vote. So why can't new members vote? Number of post should be reduced to 200 posts!
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by UyiIredia(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2016
True talk. I second.
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 20, 2016
walcut:

I just turned 18 two weeks before the election doesn't mean i can't vote. So why can't new members vote? Number of post should be reduced to 200 posts!
it's to cub the use of many fraudulent monikers tha were created just to inflate votes

200 won't be bad
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:56am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:
it's to cub the use of many fraudulent monikers tha were created just to inflate votes

200 won't be bad
make dem better change am to 200
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by tosyne2much(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2016
EzePromoe1:
The reason for the rule is put in check the excesses of multiple voters, though not entirely but to a significant extent. There are many nlders who own up to 40 monikers that can even make a goat win if it contested for this pageant.

https://www.dropbox.com/pri/get/mysticgalspeaks2NL0.mp3?_subject_uid=575485648&w=AAAym8HTmvhgnqWu9uFK6XPzXrZb0O8r4KZDGB0YFIikkQ
Hahahaha this is hilarious cheesy
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by goodfornothing(m): 8:57am On Jun 20, 2016
I like it! Now I have an excuse to not vote anybody. angry
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2016
walcut:

make dem better change am to 200
hopefully
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by tosyne2much(m): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2016
Such restriction is placed on some monikers just to avoid fraudulent practices
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 20, 2016
Jacksparr0w1207:

200 won't be bad
I THINK THE RULE SHOULD HOLD
Re: Seun, judges, Adress This Lacuna Of A Rule As Regards The Miss Nairaland Contest by Maxi112: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2016
omonighoblessing:
grin just checked my profile now saw that I have more than 300 post....that means am free to vote abi?....yippie! !!!
#refiner #KINGinVAHALA2 #Maxi112 #stobery
awww.

wonderful! how was your night?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Guys Like This Still Exist? / Girls Who Bear Amaka Are Wicked And Cheaters..Is it True Guys? / Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.