Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) (31106 Views)

Mark Okoye Welcomes Child With His Wife (Photos) / Mark Okoye & Mohammed Sani, Youngest Serving Commissioners Who Are In Their 30s / Mark Okoye, Anambra Youngest Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by megama: 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Gud
tell that girl that it is not clubbing outing yet. That is not an office attire embarassed tongue
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 20, 2016
I know of a 32year old special Advicer on special duties in Anambra state... Odika Frank.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
How time flies. Met him at his sister's 30th bday bash few yrs ago then bumped into him October last year where he was Bestman to a pal's wedding in Lekki I. Incidentally the groom was getting married to his wife's younger sis grin.
Mark deserves this. He may have been born with a silver spoon but when you hear him speak, you can tell he used his education wisely. Smart, resourceful and extremely humble.
Congrats Mark and the entire Okoye fam.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by omoakin111: 3:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
THATS WHAT WE NEED TO MOVE THIS NATION FORWARD AND NOT VOTING IN AN 80 YEARS OLD GRANDPA TO RUN AROUND FOR THE YOUTH AND ALSO RECALLING ALL HIS RETIREE FRIENDS BACK TO SERVICE.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by LexxieleE(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
dustmalik:

And you think there aren't others out there who are as young and even more qualified, that never got such job? Do you think he was picked out of the blue? The point is, some kind connection led to his appointment.
connection or no connection, he's a young dude and dats d P
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by olaasiwaju: 3:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
Fantastically Great.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by amtaken(f): 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
Willie is very smart.

God bless Willie.

God bless the youthful Commissioner.

God bless ndi Anambra.

God bless Niger Delta.

God bless the whole of Nigeria.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by AntiWailer: 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
Come and see ooo..

Na only 2 write long Epistle Barcanista Sabi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Jailerrr(f): 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
tomquest:
I love my state Anambra because this young commissioner would not be boot licked because he's young, well educated and rich. Every community or village in Anambra can boast of intellectuals who are equally fit for the position. They are scattered all over the globe. We respect and support Willie because he respects us all. He knows Ndi Anambra are go-getters. We respect his choice, we are proud of this young son of ours. He symbolizes the vibrant soul of an Anambra youth...
Thumbs up boy! I love my state like die...

1 Like

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by AntiWailer: 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
CACAWA:
It's about who you know

Not at all . Check the bolded below.

How many of his peers have such qualification

Mark Okoye II holds a B.Sc. Finance from the prestigious George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA and is an alumnus of several executive education courses and programmes, including Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, Euromoney, Dubai, UAE.

The 30-year-old Mark Okoye possesses a unique combination of experience spanning governance, policy formulation, public sector financing, public budget analysis and corporate finance. Prior to his current role, he served in his current capacity for twenty (20) months during the last administration.

THey are preparing their generation to come with the loot.

While the m0r0nic masses keep shouting WINSH HUNT !!! at the expense of their future and next generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Humulity: 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congratulations!!! Wish you success in your new assignement. God be with you.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
That was CaroLyner 's boyfriend before I stole her special hair shampoo. She's now with me because of said shampoo. What a life.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by YaksonFCA(m): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congratulations man. In Kogi where we have a 41 year old Governor, Majority of his appointees are below 40 years of age (Commissioners and SSAs Inclusive). Youths ti takeover.

1 Like

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by mozele(m): 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
dustmalik:

And you think there aren't others out there who are as young and even more qualified, that never got such job? Do you think he was picked out of the blue? The point is, some kind connection led to his appointment.

that's what they call grace!

Its not as if he is more experienced or qualified than over thousands or even hundreds of thousands out there. However, i implore those who think this is one of the numerous act of nepotism to look at if from another angle.

Study to show yourself approved academic, experience and even spiritual wise. Howbeit, when preparation meets opportunity, the end result is Success.

My 2toro.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
dustmalik:

That position is reserved for one qualified person not everybody you know
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Paschal55(m): 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
Mark II,u understand what I mean,it's all about who you know and where you came from...Still nice .
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by chichriso: 4:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congrat to him
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by dongeorgio: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
As much as I am a proponent of experience.You cannot pretend that there are some exeptional young person out there able to perform when provided the opportunity.What His excellency, Obiano had demonstrated is knowledge that there are budding competent fellows out there who should be given the chance to serve.I am not sure all qualified persons can be engaged at the same time anywhere in the world.And anyway I expect the governor to select individual he can work with in his team and capable of delivering the expectations of the electorate.Nobody should grudge the governor on that at all...What youths need to do is to support their own and not put so much pressure on the apointees to give others to be recognised for the quality of governance they can contribute to the society.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by feeler: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congratulations to him anyway but I must say that the government is just trying to make history !!! Look why not take a more qualified candidate who had his education in the country esp from the state university ...this guy just has only a Bsc from USA and some years of experience on the job...not impressive... Abeg
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by stabillini: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Envy no man... for every achievement, a price was paid.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by dikeigbo2(m): 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
tomquest:
I love my state Anambra because this young commissioner would not be boot licked because he's young, well educated and rich. Every community or village in Anambra can boast of intellectuals who are equally fit for the position. They are scattered all over the globe. We respect and support Willie because he respects us all. He knows Ndi Anambra are go-getters. We respect his choice, we are proud of this young son of ours. He symbolizes the vibrant soul of an Anambra youth...

Goal getters.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by tomquest: 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
dikeigbo2:

Goal getters.

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by IyfeNamikaze(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
dustmalik:

oga no dey talk rubbish! mark was supposed to be made a commissioner but he was still under 30yrs and so he was placed as a supervisor in that ministry. the day he turned 30 was the day he was made the commissioner.

if you had any idea who this guy is you won't be talking nonsense here. I know him very well right from the time he worked with peter odili . his sister is my colleague.

this guy the brain behind anambra's financial success. all the faint strides peter obi and obiano have made financially as governor of anambra is all This guy. no talk wetin you no know.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by bikefab(m): 7:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Good move your excellency.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Agbalanze(m): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
CACAWA:
It's about who you know

My friend, if you can build ur C.V up to his, Come and grab a job!! Most appointments in anambra state are giving to the youths and that's why Anambra is always on the news for good things. Check out the best state in WAEC and Neco Exams.. In terms of project execution, we are at the forefront...

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by babyfaceafrica: 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
dustmalik:

you have a point...although his CV is good.....he is connected definitely.....for every political space....there is a price...nice one from the governor though!!!!
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by zeal22(m): 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
Name checkers on holiday
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by CACAWA(m): 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
Agbalanze:

My friend, if you can build ur C.V up to his, Come and grab a job!! Most appointments in anambra state are giving to the youths and that's why Anambra is always on the news for good things. Check out the best state in WAEC and Neco Exams.. In terms of project execution, we are at the forefront...
I will have my PhD next year at 29. Kindly let me know what options are available.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
sukkot:
ma nigga willie being doing big thangs

i hope willie not tryna marry that nigga off to his daughter lolzz

Read well, he is married already
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Gamesmart: 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
prince3009:

BRIEF PROFILE: Mark Okoye II holds a B.Sc. Finance from the prestigious George Washington University, Washington, DC

"Prestigious" where?

In Abakaliki?
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by guychidile: 9:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
Anambra state is the light of the nation.,the leader,the part finder.,and above all the ozone layer and nucleus of Nigeria.
No wonder,they produced youngest commissioner ...,they have set the ball rolling for others to follow.
Anambra leads,others follows.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
My people of Nigeria.
When are we going to start thinking as Nigerians and not as Tribalists or bigots and stop playing regional politics with every issue. Truth be told. In diaspora, when you meet a Nigerian, you just met one. Tribe hardly comes to mind(some people may not appreciate what I just said)
All these cold war, ethnic sentiments and negativities won't pay off and can only be wiped off by me, you, him, her. All of us. How did we even get here? Why should this hatred and twists and gabbled history be passed to us. We are the generation to put a stop to all the hate. The time is now. Think about that one(1)Igbo,yoruba,hausa,tiv,idoma,ibibio,anang,efik,nupe,ijaw, friend of yours that is different and because of that, you
Like him/her. Then from there, spread the love. Don't mind who caused it all. If you have kids, know what you teach them about OTHERS. Now back to this GREAT NEWS
What I expect every well-meaning Nigerian YOUTH irrespective of descent to do about is
1. Sincerely congratulate the guy
2.pray for the young man to succeed and if possible support and even advice him through numerous means we have at our disposal today. Reason is. If he succeeds and become exemplary, who knows? My own state, or maybe yours may try OTHER YOUTHS and the rest may become history. It always starts somewhere. Tnx for reading

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIRS: Garba Shehu Reveals Why Fowler Was Not Reappointed / Man Trekking For GEJ Replies Omotola After She Called Trekkers 'Silly' / Power Failure During Ambassadorial Nominees Screening At The Senate. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.