₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,054,020 members, 4,418,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 August 2018 at 05:22 AM

Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. (113512 Views)

Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here / General Enquires About Turkey / Genuie Info About Canada. I Want To Travel There. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 9:53am On Aug 06, 2016
peleson:
Turco, I have a brother who is a good footballer. Scores average of 6 goals in 10 matches! Very very good player! He wants to come and soccer, how can he achieve that. He will be 18yrs soon

Dear peleson,

There are lots of Turkish Football Clubs which send their scout teams to African countries to watch players. I hope they watch your brother but I am not very interested in football and I don't know how I can help you. This is definitely not my topic. Sorry.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by ceexcel(m): 3:46pm On Aug 06, 2016
Turco:

Dear tejiri294,
Turkish resident permit will not allow you to visit any countries visa-free. What you're talking about is Schengen Agreement. You can visit any of the 26 Schengen Member States with one visa or resident permit which is obtained from any of the members. Countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey or Croatia are not members of Schengen. So most of the Turkish Passport Holders can visit Schengen countries visa free or ones who must apply for Schengen visa with Regular Turkish Passport can get visa very easily but it is not possible in your situation. Turkish resident permit does not mean you're a citizen of Turkey. It only gives you to stay in Turkey in the given period.

....... greetings to evrybody in the house, i must say this thread has opened my eyes to certian things happening in turkey.

pls elites in d house kindly speak on the total cost of an undergraduate course in turkey(tution & leaving expensis inclusive).

waiting in anticipation.
thanks.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 5:11pm On Aug 07, 2016
ceexcel:

....... greetings to evrybody in the house, i must say this thread has opened my eyes to certian things happening in turkey.

pls elites in d house kindly speak on the total cost of an undergraduate course in turkey(tution & leaving expensis inclusive).

waiting in anticipation.
thanks.

Dear ceexcel,

I've done some research for your questions.

1) There are state and private universities in Turkey. For state universities, we Turkish citizens do not pay any tuition fee. For a foreigner you must pay tuition fee both for state and private universities if you do not have scholarship. O I am not able to talk about tuition fees of state universities for foreigners. I don't have any datas. You should contact by yourself and ask for it. For private universities, fees depend on what you want to study. Medical or dentistry schools are more expensive than other ones. I checked one well-known private university in Istanbul and tuition fee for medical school is 55000 TRY which is equal to 18300 US Dollars for a year and 60000 TRY which is equal to 20000 US Dollars for a year. There may be some changes for a foreigner. So you should contact where you'd like to study or apply for Türkiye Bursları.(Türkiye Scholarships)

2) To talk about living expenses, I've checked ''numbeo.com'' where you can see cost of livings of the most of world. I've checked living expenses in Turkey on August 2016 and datas on this portal looks correct about living expenses in Turkey. Then I compared living expenses in Turkey to living expenses in Nigeria and got some results. So you may go and check if information about cost of living in Nigeria is correct. I didn't want to write just expensive or cheap and I got some results for you.

So, according to info on this site;
Consumer Prices in Turkey are 55.36% higher than in Nigeria
Consumer Prices Including Rent in Turkey are 33.16% higher than in Nigeria
Rent Prices in Turkey are 16.67% lower than in Nigeria
Restaurant Prices in Turkey are 66.14% higher than in Nigeria
Groceries Prices in Turkey are 39.26% higher than in Nigeria
Local Purchasing Power in Turkey is 71.90% higher than in Nigeria

Datas about salary in Turkey looks correct but you may check Nigerian ones to become sure about whether those comparisons are correct or not;
Average Monthly Disposable Salary(after tax): Nigeria Turkey
92,900.00 ₦ 212,652.08 ₦
(871.94 TRY) (1,994.31 TRY)

For more you can check following link: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Nigeria&country2=Turkey

Feel free to ask, if you have further questions.

3 Likes

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by ceexcel(m): 4:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
Turco:

Dear ceexcel,
1) There are state and private universities in Turkey. For state universities, we Turkish citizens do not pay any tuition fee. For a foreigner you must pay tuition fee both for state and private universities if you do not have scholarship. O I am not able to talk about tuition fees of state universities for foreigners. I don't have any datas. You should contact by yourself and ask for it. For private universities, fees depend on what you want to study. Medical or dentistry schools are more expensive than other ones. I checked one well-known private university in Istanbul and tuition fee for medical school is 55000 TRY which is equal to 18300 US Dollars for a year and 60000 TRY which is equal to 20000 US Dollars for a year. There may be some changes for a foreigner. So you should contact where you'd like to study or apply for Türkiye Bursları.(Türkiye Scholarships)
2) To talk about living expenses, I've checked ''numbeo.com'' where you can see cost of livings of the most of world. I've checked living expenses in Turkey on August 2016 and datas on this portal looks correct about living expenses in Turkey. Then I compared living expenses in Turkey to living expenses in Nigeria and got some results. So you may go and check if information about cost of living in Nigeria is correct. I didn't want to write just expensive or cheap and I got some results for you.
Datas about salary in Turkey looks correct but you may check Nigerian ones to become sure about whether those comparisons are correct or not;
92,900.00 ₦ 212,652.08 ₦
For more you can check following link: http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Nigeria&country2=Turkey
Turco:

Dear ceexcel,
92,900.00 ₦ 212,652.08 ₦

I really appreciate this....
Thanks
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Turco: 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2016
ceexcel:

I really appreciate this....
Thanks

You're welcome! Feel free to ask if you have further questions.

1 Like

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by parksland: 8:50am On Aug 16, 2016
Turco:

Dear peleson,

There are lots of Turkish Football Clubs which send their scout teams to African countries to watch players. I hope they watch your brother but I am not very interested in football and I don't know how I can help you. This is definitely not my topic. Sorry.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by KingyKing: 11:16am On Aug 19, 2016
Hello, has anybody gotten a Turkish student visa recently?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Damayor12(m): 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2016
Don't think so.. think they've stopped issuing visas, cry
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by parksland: 11:31pm On Aug 21, 2016
Damayor12:
are you sure?, when did they stop? how did u get d information bro. because mine is in process.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by parksland: 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
Damayor12:
did u apply and they told you dat they have stop issueing?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by vicstar16: 11:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
Turkey is a good country to travel to but right now there us serious fighting and political unrest over there.. Especially against the blacks
My friend was in turkey last month,after all the money he spent on for his travels from Nigeria on getting there he was almost killed after gettin caught in d fueds.. He just returned back to Nigeria barely with his life, spending less than a week in Turkey.. So pls take note. Make good enquiries before traveling to avoid wasting ur money
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by parksland: 11:23am On Aug 24, 2016
vicstar16:
Turkey is a good country to travel to but right now there us serious fighting and political unrest over there.. Especially against the blacks
My friend was in turkey last month,after all the money he spent on for his travels from Nigeria on getting there he was almost killed after gettin caught in d fueds.. He just returned back to Nigeria barely with his life, spending less than a week in Turkey.. So pls take note. Make good enquiries before traveling to avoid wasting ur money
serious
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by parksland: 1:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
acadollar:
$100 for a week?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by spicyuzo(m): 10:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
Hello everyone, I really enjoyed reading through this thread. Please does anyone have good information about life in turkey especially from the perspective of a student....I recently received a place in the turkiye burslari scholarship, and I am yet to decide if I should take it up considering the situation of things in turkey....

Please I would appreciate a detailed explanation of the do's and don'ts of a turkiye scholar as well as possible reason why I should take up the offer.....Thanks
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by ricson11(m): 11:24am On Sep 08, 2016
sloye5:

Ok.am in turkey right now and i can tell you that turkey is a lovely country and u can move around freely and u can get factory jobs too..i can help you with that if u are willing to work $100 per week.you can get 1 year resident permit from $600/$800,so u can travel down to naija and come back.what else?rent you can share a room and pay $30,$40,$50 or more for a shared room.food is cheap and lots of fruits too and you can do business too here.you can buy cheap clothes and send them back to naija and you can make good money from it.so again turkey is a good place and you wont go hungry if you are a hard working fellow.so ask more if you want
. Please sir how can I get the work permit am ready for it
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by ife25nancy: 6:13am On Sep 09, 2016
please turco i have a question
A friend is helping me process my admission into istanbul aydin university, now he is asking me to pay 100,000 naira for application fee and other international fees, i just want to know if its true and he says my admission will be coming this week, what do u think?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by friendly101: 10:48am On Sep 09, 2016
ife25nancy:
A friend is helping me process my admission into istanbul aydin university, now he is asking me to pay 100,000 naira for application fee and other international fees, i just want to know if its true and he says my admission will be coming this week, what do u think?
why not make enquiries from the school directly and do the normal processing ............. why waste money in this recession period ehn!
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Travellerhub: 6:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
I am sure you trust your friend that's why you asked for his help in the first place. either way just call the university to confirm if there is any Fee attach to the application process. that is your best call i guess

ife25nancy:
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Damolux01(m): 12:02am On Sep 10, 2016
Travellerhub:
I am sure you trust your friend that's why you asked for his help in the first place. either way just call the university to confirm if there is any Fee attach to the application process. that is your best call i guess

Bro...How much is Lagos to Turkey? One way and Return ticket pls.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Travellerhub: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2016
Not sure about your travel date...but just book between 182,000 for one way and about 300,000 for return ticket...your travel date might be alot cheaper
Damolux01:
Bro...How much is Lagos to Turkey? One way and Return ticket pls.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by ife25nancy: 1:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
please what is the next step after getting acceptance letter
please help
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Damolux01(m): 7:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
Travellerhub:
Not sure about your travel date...but just book between 182,000 for one way and about 300,000 for return ticket...your travel date might be alot cheaper
How cheaper could it be...I haven't applied sef...just wanna know how much i'll need apart from the tuition that I already know.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by ife25nancy: 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
please how do i apply for student visa. i got admission in turkey
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Travellerhub: 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
Damolux01:
How cheaper could it be...I haven't applied sef...just wanna know how much i'll need apart from the tuition that I already know.

150k..there about

1 Like

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by candarlon: 9:07am On Sep 13, 2016
I am a professional barber here in Nigeria with more than 14yrs experience, I want to know how much it cost to have a male hair cut in turkey?

secondly!

if I decide to travel to turkey with tourists visa what are the chances of me getting a barbing job and what will be my income at the end of each month?

Turco:

You're welcome! Feel free to ask if you have further questions.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by ife25nancy: 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
@turco please do u know anything about accomodation fee/rent in istanbul
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Teaser4(m): 8:48am On Sep 18, 2016
Yu guys shud use google, and pls stop asking lame questions here.

2 Likes

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by optimusprime2(m): 9:09pm On Sep 20, 2016
sloye5:

Ok.am in turkey right now and i can tell you that turkey is a lovely country and u can move around freely and u can get factory jobs too..i can help you with that if u are willing to work $100 per week.you can get 1 year resident permit from $600/$800,so u can travel down to naija and come back.what else?rent you can share a room and pay $30,$40,$50 or more for a shared room.food is cheap and lots of fruits too and you can do business too here.you can buy cheap clothes and send them back to naija and you can make good money from it.so again turkey is a good place and you wont go hungry if you are a hard working fellow.so ask more if you want
This here is how people are led to a slaughter...
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by sloye5(m): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2016
optimusprime2:

This here is how people are led to a slaughter...

yea because u want want me to lie and tell them they pay $1000 per week and all that..i will say the truth and it depends on them not to apply for the visa and buy ticket..people like u always hate the truth and no country is easy even in the almighty america..u have to work hard simple

2 Likes

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by sloye5(m): 9:40pm On Sep 20, 2016
candarlon:
I am a professional barber here in Nigeria with more than 14yrs experience, I want to know how much it cost to have a male hair cut in turkey?

secondly!

if I decide to travel to turkey with tourists visa what are the chances of me getting a barbing job and what will be my income at the end of each month?

haircut here is 10lira thats 1000naira and i dont know much about barbing job..but am sure u can find one and am not promising u nutin

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by sloye5(m): 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2016
ife25nancy:
@turco please do u know anything about accomodation fee/rent in istanbul

u can get a shared room for $30,$40 and $50 and if u want a personal room its $100 and it depends on the type of house tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (78) (Reply)

All About Banana Island Lagos State, History And Exclusive Pictures / How To Write Invitation Letters / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.