₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,121,195 members, 4,594,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 21 November 2018 at 03:06 PM

Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. (131555 Views)

Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here / General Enquires About Turkey / Genuie Info About Canada. I Want To Travel There. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Stormyweather(m): 4:29pm On Oct 25
guys please will someone with an E visa going to stay in Turkey need statement of account? the person has a Schengen visa.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by jerikoyan(m): 11:29pm On Oct 25
No you dont just go with the e-visa print out and your shengen visa on your passport, i used it few days ago and i wasn't asked any question.

Stormyweather:
guys please will someone with an E visa going to stay in Turkey need statement of account? the person has a Schengen visa.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Stormyweather(m): 1:51am On Oct 26
jerikoyan:
No you dont just go with the e-visa print out and your shengen visa on your passport, i used it few days ago and i wasn't asked any question.

thanks boss. cool

1 Like

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Intergrity19: 8:49am On Oct 26
Abeg sloye5
Can someone switch from student visa to another kind of visa
For example
Switching from student visa to business visa/residential permit. when I arrive turkey

Is this possible?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Stormyweather(m): 8:55am On Oct 26
jerikoyan:

bro won't I need the statement of account to process residence permit?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by jerikoyan(m): 10:05am On Oct 26
That I don't know, only visiting for 2 weeks.
Stormyweather:
bro won't I need the statement of account to process residence permit?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Stormyweather(m): 10:09am On Oct 26
jerikoyan:
That I don't know, only visiting for 2 weeks.
oh I get. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by luckymitin: 3:53pm On Oct 26
sloye5:
WhatsApp me let talk about the Resident Permit 07036084951

Ok.am in turkey right now and i can tell you that turkey is a lovely country and u can move around freely and u can get factory jobs too..i can help you with that if u are willing to work $100 per week.you can get 1 year resident permit from $600/$800,[/b]so u can travel down to naija and come back.what else?rent you can share a room and[b] pay $30,$40,$50 or more for a shared room.food is cheap and lots of fruits too and you can do business too here.you can buy cheap clothes and send them back to naija and you can make good money from it.so again turkey is a good place and you wont go hungry if you are a hard working fellow.so ask more if you want

EDITED: from $60/$70 and above per week

EDITED: current price is $350 for 1year resident permit

EDITED: shared room from $50 and above
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by luckymitin: 6:05pm On Oct 26
sloye5:

OK ask whatever u want to know about turkey and i will gladly answer if i havent answered them already
Good day, I'm Lucky by name and I like to visit Turkey. I'm a civil servant and a teacher by profession. I will love to know the required documents to summit at the vfs office. Please WhatsApp me on 07036084951
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by TadeDetule: 8:14pm On Nov 07
Excuse me have you got any response from the embassy?
Stylodb:
Hey guys.. please if anyone had this issue should let me know how they went about it..
I went for an Interview for student visa. And then after one week, I went back to pick it up. They gave me only my passport with a letter attached to it. The letter said that

" my Visa Application has been forwlwarded to Turkish Authority for Examination, that why will contact me as soon as they get a reply from them"

This is the 5th week now. And I've not heard anything from the embassy. I called them and they said they haven't receive a response yet from.the Authority.
My fear is that the school is resuming this month end. And I have to be there before the school resumes.
Has anyone gone through this process and what is an advice on what I should do please
Help a brother..
Really bothered.

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by TadeDetule: 8:27pm On Nov 07
Excuse me bro, when did your 7week started to count? After interview or after pasport pickup?
Akeem1759:
Do anyone have any idea what could be happening at this Turkish Embassy, its more than 7weeks now, my younger bro applied for a Student Visa, all document presented, interview granted, Visa fees paid. He was told to come back one week after, he went there passport not ready. He has since visited there more than 4 times,they refuse to pick calls, mails not return, same story everyday. School will be resuming by next month, though I have intention going their with my bro this Friday again, me just tire oo.. Has anyone here or relative experience this?
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Akeem1759(m): 9:21pm On Nov 07
TadeDetule:
Excuse me bro, when did your 7week started to count? After interview or after pasport pickup?
after Interview
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by optimusprime2(m): 9:51pm On Nov 07
Mukah1234:
Can someone please point to the page where I can get info abt Tanzania visa. I know I have seen it in this thread before but I v been searching but could not find it.

I urgently need this info.

Thanks
Hi there!
If you are a Nigerian passport holder, Tanzania is a very controversial destination in terms of visas and immigration because you could be deported even with a visa.
Normally Nigerians were entitled to visas on arrival at Tanzania however the policy changed and not only did the policy change, but Nigerians have a negative stereotype at Tanzania... so, if you don't have a very strong(governmental) invitation or connections to influential people in Tanzania that you can call when you are being scrutinized, then please halt the trip until the matter is resolved- because I got to find out recently that Tanzania has a diplomatic uncertainty with Nigeria.
However if you hold a different passport you are free to go.
Sorry for derailing this thread
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by TadeDetule: 9:53pm On Nov 07
Thanks bro. Abeg was it a call or an email and what was the message like? I got similar message too.
Akeem1759:
after Interview
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by optimusprime2(m): 9:56pm On Nov 07
Intergrity19:
Abeg sloye5
Can someone switch from student visa to another kind of visa
For example
Switching from student visa to business visa/residential permit. when I arrive turkey

Is this possible?

It's possible, Turkey is very lenient with residency permits, but you have to present the right documents to that effect- (sounds easy but that could be the difficult part)

1 Like

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Akeem1759(m): 10:24pm On Nov 07
TadeDetule:
Thanks bro. Abeg was it a call or an email and what was the message like? I got similar message too.
mail

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by TadeDetule: 10:28pm On Nov 07
Oh I see. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
Akeem1759:
mail
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by optimusprime2(m): 10:35pm On Nov 07
@Sloye5
I like how you are keeping this thread going, especially with the positivity, however I feel you need to tell people the other side of the coin, because the impression here is that Turkey is rosy, to the point that people are chunking/selling all out to pay tuition for school and hoping in a Turkish hussle to cover grounds & stabilize.

It doesn't work that way o.
Sloye5 may be comfortable in Turkey because he is cut out for the place, but what works for A may not work for B.
Please plan yourself and mentally prepare yourself for Turkey before the journey otherwise you would be caught flatfooted.

Firstly Turkey is a very language sensitive country esp in some regions. I don't know if sloye5 didn't mention this, but even in getting the right deals as a business person in Turkey or even jobs, Turkish language is very important.

Secondly as a student it is almost impossible to work and pay your fees while going to school simultaneously except during the summer, so if that's your plan...i.e; come fall semester and work during winter to pay tuition for spring, then you are in for it... especially if your school is a private university that has tuition in USD, 1000USD is about 5000+TRY which can be raised with 4months "Full time Salary"... that's not funny.

Thirdly for those planning to teach English in Turkey, try to study Turkish in Nigeria to some extent because it's very important, you could get underpaid as a teacher because of this, with the excuse that you are still undergoing a training process in Turkish pedagogy regardless of your resume due to that deficiency ... & trust them they will use you based on that excuse... except you get verrry lucky.

Fourthly Turkish wages are "pays per day", I am sure you all already know. So for those thinking about factory jobs, prepare for a very stressful hussle, you would get paid, but a days job could end up being 14hrs, yes it's called overtime-which u are not paid for in most cases.

Fifth; If your aspiration is to play football, Africans are acknowledged to have superior sporting abilities in Turkey, but unfortunately they also know about Africans and age faking, so getting an agent front you for a club would be very difficult especially if you can't speak Turkish as a rookie player. There's a good chance you would be given a youth program for 5years even if you get scouted, just to see if you would grow grey hair as a supposed "19 year old"

Sixth for those who intend to cross to Europe or the US from Turkey... lol Turkey is not like that o, even Greece that could driven to by road, is a huuuge problem to visit... in fact it's even easier from a legal standpoint to get a visit visa to the US or Canada from Nigeria than it is from Turkey especially of late, so put that in mind... except you want to join the Syrians and cross country.

Turkey is a good place but there are alot of negatives as well... the truth is not everyone is cut out for Turkey, so my chip up here don't just travel out of Nigeria in desperation, look before you leap.

Check other countries that match your preference and proportion before making a decision... you never know, the visa could be easier than you think.

7 Likes

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by TadeDetule: 11:26pm On Nov 07
But do you think there is a need to send them reminders?
Akeem1759:
mail
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by philip0906(m): 11:41pm On Nov 07
optimusprime2:
@Sloye5
I like how you are keeping this thread going, especially with the positivity, however I feel you need to tell people the other side of the coin, because the impression here is that Turkey is rosy, to the point that people are chunking/selling all out to pay tuition for school and hoping in a Turkish hussle to cover grounds & stabilize.

Sloye5 may be comfortable in Turkey because he is cut out for the place, but what works for A may not work for B.
Please plan yourself and mentally prepare yourself for Turkey before the journey otherwise you would be caught flatfooted.

Firstly Turkey is a very language sensitive country esp in some regions. I don't know if sloye5 didn't mention this, but even in getting the right deals as a business person in Turkey or even jobs, Turkish language is very important.

Secondly as a student it is almost impossible to work and pay your fees while going to school simultaneously except during the summer, so if that's your plan...i.e; come fall semester and work during winter to pay tuition for spring, then you are in for it... especially if your school is a private university that has tuition in USD, 1000USD is about 5000+TRY which can be raised with 4months "Full time Salary"... that's not funny.

Thirdly for those planning to teach English in Turkey, try to study Turkish in Nigeria to some extent because it's very important, you could get underpaid as a teacher because of this, with the excuse that you are still undergoing a training process in Turkish pedagogy regardless of your resume due to that deficiency ... & trust them they will use you based on that excuse... except you get verrry lucky.

Fourthly Turkish wages are "pays per day", I am sure you all already know. So for those thinking about factory jobs, prepare for a very stressful hussle, you would get paid, but a days job could end up being 14hrs, yes it's called overtime-which u are not paid for in most cases.

Fifth; If your aspiration is to play football, Africans are acknowledged to have superior sporting abilities in Turkey, but unfortunately they also know about Africans and age faking, so getting an agent front you for a club would be very difficult especially if you can't speak Turkish as a rookie player. There's a good chance you would be given a youth program for 5years even if you get scouted, just to see if you would grow grey hair as a supposed "19 year old"

Sixth for those who intend to cross to Europe or the US from Turkey... lol Turkey is not like that o, even Greece that could driven to by road, is a huuuge problem to visit... in fact it's even easier from a legal standpoint to get a visit visa to the US or Canada from Nigeria than it is from Turkey especially of late, so put that in mind... except you want to join the Syrians and cross country.

Turkey is a good place but there are alot of negatives as well... the truth is not everyone is cut out for Turkey, so my chip up here don't just travel out of Nigeria in desperation, look before you leap.

Check other countries that match your preference and proportion before making a decision... you never know, the visa could be easier than you think.

Brilliant
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Pelaiye2703(m): 11:42pm On Nov 07
optimusprime2:
@Sloye5

God bless you sir for this advice. It really broaden my perception again.

2 Likes

Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by veneza(f): 9:18am On Nov 08
optimusprime2:
@Sloye5

can an OND holder with good knowledge of turkish language and CELTA certified teach English in turkey.
what chances those such one has?

you have spoken very well in your write up Godbless.
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by optimusprime2(m): 9:45am On Nov 08
veneza:

can an OND holder with good knowledge of turkish language and CELTA certified teach English in turkey.
what chances those such one has?

you have spoken very well in your write up Godbless.
Of Course, Yes!
CELTA, TESOL, DELTA etc are very strong English teaching certificates that are recognized and mostly a teaching requirement in Asia, and the Gulf regions. In your case CELTA can easily get you an international school, the OND doesn't matter- I have met some Americans without Degrees who teach English with just (CELTA, TESOL) certifications *although their cases are different o, they are considered to have English as their mother tongue*

If the candidate has a good knowledge of Turkish then you are good to go, all you need to show is that you are good with children (if teaching pre school), experience in this case helps.

But to get a job as a teacher in Turkey, I suggest you visit yourself- Get a visit visa, go to Turkey and search for the school, walk into the desired school and present yourself- Tip; Turkish people get a kind of excitement when they hear a black person speak Turkish, like they can tell you anything when in that excited state, including accepting to pay you double lol.
Agents can help, but since you speak Turkish do the hunt, strike the deal yourself, because you will get a better offer!
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Jerobi101: 10:13am On Nov 08
Dear Sir/Madam,

Visa appications submitted to our Embassy are evaluated based on the documents provided as well as the interview conducted with the applicant.

Your application has not been evaluated positively as a result of the above mentioned process.

You can reapply by booking a new appointment after six months.

Regards,

Turkish Embassy in Abuja. I was sent this message from the embassy yesterday,I paid the part payment of the fees which is 2100$ from Istanbul aydin University, and I had about 4m on my dad statement of account pls can someone tell me where I went wrong Incase I want to reply again after 6 month
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Akeem1759(m): 10:18am On Nov 08
TadeDetule:
But do you think there is a need to send them reminders?
reminder for what exactly??
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by optimusprime2(m): 11:04am On Nov 08
Jerobi101:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Visa appications submitted to our Embassy are evaluated based on the documents provided as well as the interview conducted with the applicant.

Your application has not been evaluated positively as a result of the above mentioned process.

You can reapply by booking a new appointment after six months.

Regards,

Turkish Embassy in Abuja. I was sent this message from the embassy yesterday,I paid the part payment of the fees which is 2100$ from Istanbul aydin University, and I had about 4m on my dad statement of account pls can someone tell me where I went wrong Incase I want to reply again after 6 month
Quite sorry for the denial.
Something was definitely wrong with some document that you provided... or perhaps a document did not match your profile. If you are very sure that your documents were hitch free, contact your school to talk to the embassy.
However you can defer the admission and try again after the summer of 2019 because I am not sure you would get your money back "completely" in the case of a refund (it's usually the case)
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by TadeDetule: 11:14am On Nov 08
Just to talk to them about the wait.
Akeem1759:
reminder for what exactly??
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Akeem1759(m): 11:28am On Nov 08
TadeDetule:
Just to talk to them about the wait.
No crime in reminding them, I pray they respond on time cos those guys can be very funny
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by TadeDetule: 11:55am On Nov 08
Thank you bro
Akeem1759:
No crime in reminding them, I pray they respond on time cos those guys can be very funny
Re: Genuie Info About Turkey.i Want To Travel There. by Jerobi101: 12:06pm On Nov 08
Is there anything like visa on arrival? And how is it possible for someone to get a visa on arrival in Turkey?

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (Reply)

On Vacation: New York City / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Top 10 Countries In The World To Migrate To

Viewing this topic: EZEHAND(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 219
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.