Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,487 members, 7,865,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

Appeal To Delta State Government To Save The People Living At Ozo Okeke Street. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Appeal To Delta State Government To Save The People Living At Ozo Okeke Street. (748 Views)

Federal Government To Sell N5,000 Savings Bond To Public / MMM Guiders Donate Hundreds Of Naira In Provisions To Delta Orphans / See The People That Crashed MMM Nigeria - CareerCrewBlog.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Appeal To Delta State Government To Save The People Living At Ozo Okeke Street. by adultiph: 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
I am not sure this is the right section to post this.
To the moderator.I plead with you to move this information to front page.this may attract the attention of Delta state government.
Some serious really need to be done to salvage the situation.

APPEAL TO DELTA STATE GOVERNMENT TO SAVE THE PEOPLE LIVING AT OZO OKEKE STREET OFF AIRPORT ROAD OKPANAM.

The company that is handling Asaba Okpanam road channeled all the flood from Okpanam Community into Ozo Okeke street. Instead of constructing a drainage that will take care of the flood, the construction company choose to channel the flood into a street.
This started since last year when this was done. All the flood from Okpanam town that use to pass through Eagle square in Okpanam road now passes through a tiny street behind Ozo Okeke street.
The houses in that area has been destroyed severally since last year. People has been swept by flood while at sleep. Properties has been destroyed severally. People in that area keep on rebuilding houses after any rain fall. Some well to do citizens living in that area has all fled leaving the poor behind. The other once that decides to sit behind to fight out this injustice is not getting any result as several visit to the contractor, Delta state ministry of works and Urban and regional Planning are not yielding any result.
To my own understanding, Drainage are first constructed before construction of roads starts. A situation where contractors will just channel flood to any street they see and start road construction is just share wickedness.
On 12th of June been Sunday, more than 6 houses were destroyed. The sumo pumps and water tanks were damaged. Reptiles and snake was washed into people’s houses.
The only response we got from the construction company since early this year is that a big drainage will be constructed to pass through that street. The drainage will take care of the flood. We are in the 6th month of the year and nothing has been done. They claimed that money has not been released to them to do the drainage. What we don’t understand is why they should channel the water to that street in the first place if they know that there is no money to do drainage.
We would have gone to court to sort this out but we know that court case in Nigeria can last for 10 years. We don’t have money for court cases. We also need to save people’s lives and investment.
I therefore call on Delta state government, Delta state Governor (His excellence Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa), The authority concern to come to our rescue.
I also pray to all concern citizens that read this to keep on sharing this post until the Delta state government gives her attention to our situation. Please help me and share on any social media handle you can think of.
Attached are some pictures that was taken in the area.

Re: Appeal To Delta State Government To Save The People Living At Ozo Okeke Street. by jerryunit48: 6:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
My brother I feel for una , I honestly don't know what Okowa is doing for the entire Delta state just take a look at what Willie is doing across the river
Re: Appeal To Delta State Government To Save The People Living At Ozo Okeke Street. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lalasticlala pls save this community by moving this topic to front-page

(1) (Reply)

The Fear Of Women Is The Beginning Of Long Life... By Sobowale Olayinka / UR Cryptocurrency Review-ur Movement Get Free Bitcoin-scam Or Legit / MMM Explains Why Get Help Order Was Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.