Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,548 members, 7,809,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole (32163 Views)

Ayiri Emami Hangs Out With Oshiomhole, Akeredolu, Amosun, Tambuwal / Replace Oyegun With Oshiomhole As APC Chair —onoriode / Fayose And A Physically-Challenged Man: Compared With Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by TippyTop(m): 6:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
Very long article but I've highlighted the part you shouldn't miss.

Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu was one of the founding pillars of PDP in Edo state. He in fact helped in no small measure to established the Lucky Igbinedion-led PDP government in the state. He is not your ordinary type of politician. He has an uncanny penchant for being loyal to his party leadership. During PDP era under Lucky Igbinedion,he never for once fell out with the party’s triumvirate of Chief Anenih,Alhaji Inu-Umoru and Dr.Samuel Ogbemuidia. Before I continue,I want to point out that,there is a big difference between Leadership and GODFATHERISM. POI is a moralist and a practicing church priest. He understands the Biblical injunction that we must obey and respect our leaders.
It is the same way he understand true leadership as distinct from the Ahitophelian immoral goading which is GODFATHERISM. Yes,Christianity forbids following a leader who subverts rules of the leader/follower game.

That godfather ( pretending leader) wants blind followership. It is this kind of leadership that was evolving in PDP that pissed off POI and he conscientiously decried it and when he could no longer bear it, he formed a political bloc and moved away. It was under that political machine ( Grace Group or PDP-2 ) that Oshiomhole’s governorship was hatched and successfully executed by displacing both the PDP and the main opposition party the ANPP in the state.
It was an awesome feat. But it was not too long before IZE Iyamu discovered his political blunder. The blunder of not looking well before you leap. The blunder of cutting your nose to spite your face.

The blunder of abandoning the devil you know for an unknown angel who turned out to be lucifer himself in glowing and flowering clothing.
He discovered he had traded a refined political party for a conglomerate of thugs and power mongers. He had substituted qualified and refined godfathers with a crude and megalomaniac mafioso. Politics is a game of give and take. Prior to the installation of Oshiomhole,Ize-Iyamu did exact a promise from him that,he will support him( Ize Iyamu) as his successor which the then genuflecting and docile Oshiomhole willing agreed to. As soon as Oshiomhole entered power, his first task is to settle the business between him and POI.

(1) He decided to reduce his influence in Edo AC ( their party). To him,there cannot be two captains on one ship

(2) He decided to establish his own political structure.

(3) He decided to review the promise he made to establish Pastor Iyamu as his successor.

There is nothing wrong in trying to do all these but it was the method employed by Oshiomhole that was abhorable.
(A) With regard to the second item, he gathered people like nomoless, Kabaka etc to form his political structure and that today have become the nemesis of those who voted him into power so much so that he had no qualms to publicly tell a poor widow to ” GO AND DIE”

(B) In respect of Item (1) above,he deliberately refused to give Ize Iyamu a position in his government. He only and hypocritically calls him ” my leader”. He also ensured that POI’s men are given the tilted shoulder in every facet of the new regime. This did not work out well as it not only led to factionalizing their party but he began to project himself as an ingrate to reasonable and discerning minds.

(C) He executed a shocker in item (2) Our source who is a relative of Oshiomhole ( but he insisted on anonymity) revealed that, [b]Oshiomhole invited Ize Iyamu one Sunday morning to Iyamoh his village and in company of his ( Oshiomhole) mother asked Ize Iyamu to give them an irrevocable warranty that,he ( Ize-Iyamu) would be loyal to Oshiomhole and protect his interest when the former succeeds the latter. Ize Iyamu told him that his word is his bond. But,Oshiomhole laughed and said,” I no like politician language ooo” I am more comfortable with our own African tradition of ensuring promises are kept. When you take over from me,I want to retain 35% of the state contracts as mine,30% of your security vote to be paid into a designated bank account,N10m to be paid monthly to my mother,30% of members of your cabinet to be named by me. These are the terms he told Ize Iyamu. Ize Iyamu was dumbfounded and before he could utter anything,Oshiomhole released his main bomb.” I want you to follow me to Ojerami in Akoko-Edo Local government Area to the shrine of Iseh. You have to take an oath to comply with all these my demands and I will give a corresponding oath at the shrine to make you my successor. [/b]

Bloooooood of Jeeeeeeeesssssussss! was all the Church pastor could mutter. He could not believe his ears and eyes. That was when he knew he blundered by making this man a governor. He told Oshiomhole politely that he will decline his conditions as it offends his conscience and his religion.
It was because of that refusal that Oshiomhole activated the ” shoot Ize Iyamu at sight” political mood in ACN. His consequent political rascality and administrative waywardness made Ize Iyamu to eventually leave the party for him and returned to the refining PDP. Till date,Oshiomhole’s attack dogs won’t let the humble politician alone. We have it on good authority that,they are devising their new besmearing campaign against him. They want to trump up charges of corruption against him at the EFCC. Yes,that is how ugly and dirty they want the man’s head.

This piece is not to praise Ize Iyamu or to discredit Oshiomhole but rather,it was to fulfill an obligation to let Edo people know the truth. If you doubt the esteem which Oshiomhole once held Ize Iyamu and how he revere find letter escalated below.
http://www.naijacenter.com/editorital/columnist/the-real-reason-pastor-ize-iyamu-fell-out-with-oshiomhole/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Trut(m): 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
Interesting story

2 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by TippyTop(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
People forget how POI helped Oshiomhole to power.

24 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by nzemila(m): 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2016
please make sure this your story is repeated in nursery school classroom. ELECTION don start.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by amakaobiemeka: 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
All these stories from cheap blogs changes nothing, even the bible itself states that in the last days their shall be antichrists in sheep clothing that would decieve the very elite.

It is a know fact that LUCKY IGBINEDION TENURE was the worst in edo with looting on massive scale. And one of the top 3 in nigeria's history by govs at that time.

It was so massive that luck himself admitted it and tryed to push the blame to tony anenih who he claimed he was remitting edo money to.

Ize iyamu was more active than mike ogiadome in that tenure, as it was him lucky saw as a bro and distanct relation.

99% of every scam lucky did was signed by the ize iyamu.

He tried to exonorate himself at a rally when he was in apc that the past was past.
If edo allows iyamu live instead of stoning him that should be enough but no he wants to be gov.

If he had any integrity why didnt he resign then for gross incompetence.

He fell out with anenih and couldnt stand not been picked during the osubor time. He went to apc thinking he could get respect but adams respects no man. He switched back to pdp and has been contraditing his selfish self.
If indeed he has no questionable character what is the need of paying blogs and people to pacify their views on who you truly are.

Ize iyamu cannot run away from his shadows and the tag of LUCKY IGBINEDION STOOGE AND BIDDER remains intact

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by amakaobiemeka: 6:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
Trut:
Interesting story
ladies and gentlemen the election campaign has just kick started, like i said in one article ize iyamu has no brain and what he knows is offensiveness and direct insults as campaign. He has started negleting the main point which is obaseki and telling edo what he wants to do. He has started his direct combat with oshomole. But nobody has ever won adams in this dirty game or physical game or even eloquence game adams would turn everything on this man head again.

Instead of paying blogers to do dirty unverifable jobs like this just to evade your dirty past and make you look like a man of integrity that stands for something while jumping ship, while not tell edo ur mission. This is the same way gej lost election. While obaseki would be dishing eloquence ize iyamu would leave him and start playing mud with adams.

Like i said iyamu was and is a wrong choice without vision. Edebiri was the better

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by TippyTop(m): 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2016
[s]
amakaobiemeka:
All these stories from cheap blogs changes nothing, even the bible itself states that in the last days their shall be antichrists in sheep clothing that would decieve the very elite.

It is a know fact that LUCKY IGBINEDION TENURE was the worst in edo with looting on massive scale. And one of the top 3 in nigeria's history by govs at that time.

It was so massive that luck himself admitted it and tryed to push the blame to tony anenih who he claimed he was remitting edo money to.

Ize iyamu was more active than mike ogiadome in that tenure, as it was him lucky saw as a bro and distanct relation.

He tried to exonorate himself at a rally when he was in apc that the past was past.
If edo allows iyamu live instead of stoning him that should be enough but no he wants to be gov.

He fell out with anenih and couldnt stand not been picked during the osubor time. He went to apc thinking he could get respect but adams respects no man. He switched back to pdp and has been contraditing his selfish self.
If indeed he has no questionable character what is the need of paying blogs and people to pacify their views on who you truly are.

Ize iyamu cannot run away from his shadows and the tag of LUCKY IGBINEDION STOOGE AND BIDDER remains intact
[/s]

Are you doubting the close working relationship between Oshiomhole and POI in the past?

21 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by TippyTop(m): 6:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
amakaobiemeka:

No one would dispute Igbinedion's looting but to allege it was done in connivance with POI is an outright lie. POI was a saint when he helped Oshiomhole to power but not now, hypocrite.

29 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by babyfaceafrica: 7:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
Any pastor involve in Nigeria politics is a nono for me.....nigerian politics is devilisH...its do or die...so all dis men of God.....its well!!!

6 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Etinosajay(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
The OP says this piece is not to praise ize iyamu. What is the motive then? Did you write it as his biographer?

Maybe you should publish so students can read it as textbooks.

Very typical words politicians use.

If you're not being paid for continously pushing this agenda, I suggest you start demanding pay for the shift you're putting in.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by centmichael101(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
I see PDP winning this# EDO state election....

10 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by eph12(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
How you expect me to believe this I don't understand
Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by martineverest(m): 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
when u have to choose btw devil and satan,u go with the one thats 'holier'.......i think apc candidate is holier and less demonic.pastor ize is a devil in pastor clothing

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Seeeeeeee: 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
PDP IS NIGER DELTA, NIGER DELTA IS PDP.... GOD BLESS THE OIL-RICH REGION!

9 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
Whoever brought this to front page needs to be banned or hanged by his/her ears. Nobody needs a microscope to see that this myopic epistle is filled with concorted fables designed to generate hatred for the the BEST DEMOCRATIC GOVERNOR EDO STATE HAS EVER HAD, AFTER ALI THE THIEF OF COURSE.

One simple question for the Op, did Oshiomole contest election under Ize Iyamu's so-called Grace-Group/PDP-2

of course the answer is No!!!

The real reason why Iyamu fell out with Oshiomole is because Iyamu had a suffocating and unprecedented governorship ambition so much so that he was carrying himself like a Godfather in APC after decamping from PDP and Oshiomole made it clear from inception that he was going to fight godfatherism in Edo politics.

Secondly, Ize Iyamu was the architect of Lucky Igbinedion's administration, a man convicted of embezzling public funds and it was plain stupidity to have such a person in APC. Ize Iyamu knew he wasn't welcome in APC and so he returned to his crooked PDP where thieves, criminals and their accomplices are harbored.

Now Ize Iyamu has hired half intelligent humans to start a social media campaign, using lies and outright fabrications if necessary. Sorry guys, you are just wasting your time.

Your rants cannot hide all the visible projects that Oshiomole accomplished and Edo people trust and believe in the capable hands of his successor Godwin Obaseki.

PDP IS DEAD IN EDO
EDO CAN NEVER BE LIKE EKITI UNDER FAYOSE
APC PROGRESS

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by MrCow(m): 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
This article looks sponsored

14 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by tukdi: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hmmmm!
Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Abuleoshi: 8:08pm On Jun 20, 2016
A pastor indeed. Why is his nick name kpelebe? Ize Iyamu is a bad and corrupt man. Tell me where he worked before he came into politics and became super rich to have a house beside Esama's house, where cars are parked on the wall inside the garage with car hangers. We know him well. E no go win!

13 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by AngryNigerian(m): 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
Shebi na September 10th?
Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
Somborri should shut osho mouth for me

3 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
Abuleoshi:
A pastor indeed. Why is his nick name kpelebe? Ize Iyamu is a bad and corrupt man. Tell me where he worked before he came into politics and became super rich to have a house beside Esama's house, where cars are parked on the wall inside the garage with car hangers. We know him well. E no go win!
Is osho not corrupt

11 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by level10: 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
i want a war with smone tonight
Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by DeRay98(m): 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
Story story, storyyýyy! Image laundry....same people who used PMB military past to judge him during 2015 election are now trying very hard to dissociate Ize Iyamu from role in Igninedion's plague on Edo. Tufiakwa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Tonyblinky(m): 8:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
Piece of garbage,Ize Iyamu is dead on arrival,God forbid.am sure OP isn't Edo,if I remember his administration,I begin to weep over and over again

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Etinosajay(m): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
Went back to read all of it.

Nonsense.

Your write up is an example of a jealous wife who walks up to her husband and talks foul of the favorite wife, just to have the bed for the night.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by wiloy2k8(m): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2016
hmmm
Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Etinosajay(m): 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
MrCow:
This article looks sponsored

That's because it is sponsored. The op is taking us for fools.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by obaival(m): 8:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Politicians

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by level10: 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
amakaobiemeka:

who hear u talk go think say u dey there that time

3 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seeeeeeee:
PDP IS NIGER DELTA, NIGER DELTA IS PDP.... GOD BLESS THE OIL-RICH REGION!
with cultist kilings everyday? God is not a Joker boy.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by TCD: 8:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
so pastor iyamu did not shout bloooooood of jeeeeeesus when lucky igbinedion was looting edo dry as he was his chief of staff... i hear grin grin grin grin..

believe all that rubbish typed up there then you can believe anything.

7 Likes

Re: The Real Reason Pastor Ize-iyamu Fell Out With Oshiomhole by Seeeeeeee: 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
Onyochejohn:
with cultist kilings everyday? God is not a Joker boy.
Are you from the brown roof republic young girl?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Begins Distribution Of N5bn Clean Cooking Stoves: Leadership News / Peter Obi: Labour Party Holds First Meeting In Port Harcourt Today / Amina Mohammed Departs The Nigeria For Her UN Job. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.