Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,814 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' (38654 Views)

Premium Times Suspends Samuel Ogundipe Over Aisha Buhari/Jefferson Report-Signal / Aisha Buhari's Impostor Passport In Jefferson bribery Scandal / Aisha Buhari In Jefferson Bribery Scandal Not President Buhari’s Wife — Ex-efcc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by uduigwomen(m): 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
Though am not a fan of Fayose, he make sense with his press release sometimes. We need to dig into his alls wife

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Codes151(m): 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2016
iamDiabolic:
Now shiit is bout to get ugly in dis bitchh y'll
In nas voice yaknowmsaying let's see how iyawo buhari defends herself in this modafuccker y'll.but sincerely if fayose got a case he should go to court nd stop being a pusssy,thought he his brave nd has mouth.well I know fayose to be an olofofo,so he gonna expose anything if u trying to throw him to the dirt.fayose don't wanna go down alone.but I want to see him in jail though,he ruined mah mum state

Yo passingshot,modath,Dabuilt nd dat benue boy(I don't like mentioning him),what y'll got to say bout this

Do u think if you criticize this administration like fayose has, you think u will get a fair trial? Some many people are being held against court orders! They are rubbing our Constitution in the mud! A disgrace to democracy! Already, the senate is about to reduce president powers..
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bashydemy1: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
Honza27:

First class Zombii, Ooh You mean you can bet your life?

Read Now and thank me later

http://pzimedia.com/people/U-S-Wants-Mrs-Buhari-Atiku-Kachikwu-Prosecuted-For-Jefferson-Scandal-54080.html/
Thank you for what? for that nonsense you post without reading?

Sorry did you read the bold when you are reading or you just copy the nonsense since it has the name of Aisha Buhari in the write up. Also did you see the name of one Kachikwu, Is it the same Minister or who? Use your brain... Mind you read the below again..

The United States has said the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has all it needs to prosecute all those implicated in the Halliburton scandal including Mrs. Aisha M. Buhari who allegedly wired $170,000.00 in bribe to disgraced Congressman Williams J. Jefferson in 2002.

A 16-count indictment, returned by a federal grand jury in Alexandria, Va., charged Jefferson with solicitation of bribes from Nigeria and other places, honest services wire fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice, violating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, racketeering, and conspiracy.

The indictment alleges that from in or about August 2000 through in or about August 2005, Jefferson, while serving as an elected member of the U.S. House of Representatives, used his position and his office to corruptly seek, solicit and direct that things of value be paid to Jefferson and his family members in exchange for his performance of official acts to advance the interests of people and businesses who offered him the bribes.

The U.S Justice Department had at the time requested the EFCC through a letter with Ref: MEW:DPW:KDL:AV 1 File 182.23818 dated June 22, 2006 to investigate Mrs. Aisha M. Buhari and several others linked with bribing Congressman Jefferson.

Mrs. Buhari, Atiku Abubakar, Dumebi Kachikwu, Otunba Fashawe, Aliyu Maigari and others were named in a long chain of Nigerian and American bribe takers that spirited about $45 million—for a technology transfer deal—to the US between 1996 and 2002.

Atiku, chairing of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund, PTDF, then, was, alongside US Congressman Williams J. Jefferson, Siemens, Halliburton, and others, indicted in a U.S. Senate report sent to the EFCC for investigation in 2006.

Peter Carr, Spokesman of the DOJ confirmed the Sentencing memo of Jefferson which indicted Aisha M. Buhari, Abubakar Atiku and others but declined to speak further on the issue in an email to Pointblanknews.com.

“Thank you for reaching out to us. We’ll decline to comment beyond what is referenced in the sentencing memorandum,” Carr said in an email to Pointblanknews.com.

A source in DOJ told pointblanknews.com that because Jefferson is currently appealing some of his convictions, DOJ may not want to comment further on the matter.

The Sentencing Memorandum obtained byPointblanknews.com from the U.S District Court Eastern District of Virginia listed as exhibit, a wire transfer to Congressman Jefferson from an account owned by Aisha M. Buhari.

“…See also Government Exhibits 36-87 (6/26/02 $170,000 wire transfer from account in Nigeria in the name of Aisha Buhari to an account in the name of The ANJ Group, LLC, identifying “William Jefferson” as Beneficiary), Government Exhibits 36-90

and 36-91 (11/28/03 $50,000 wire transfer from account in British Virgin Islands in the name of Dawson Creek Traders to an account in the name of Jefferson Interests, Inc.),” the 37page sentencing memo said on its page 22.

Curiously, since President Mohammadu Buhari was elected President, the first lady has never followed him to his numerous U.S trips. At the United Nations General Assembly in 2015, she rather sent the wife of the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to represent her at the First Lady’s Conference of UNGA.

Sources told pointblanknews.com that even though Jefferson is currently serving Jail time, those linked to his crime are still being sort after for questioning.

The source confirmed that while Mr. Kachikwu offered to testify against Jefferson, Mrs. Buhari was nowhere to be found during the FBI probe of the matter, reason why she has stayed away from the U.S.

The U.S Senate report, FBI reports and U.S Court papers on the allegations have remained in the coolers of the EFCC as the agency appears to be lacking the political will to carrying on the prosecution.

U.S Investigators had in 2006 asked the EFCC to investigate Bank records of accounts held by Hajiya Aisha M. Buhari from January, 2001, to present, including, but not limited to, accounts at Citizen International Bank, Plot 130, Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. The bank records should include documents relating to any wire transfers of $10,000 or more.

Although the Presidency through a text message to Pointblanknews.com by Mallam Garba Shehu said the Aisha M. Buhari is not the same as the President’s wife. U.S investigators said investigations by EFCC would identify the real Aisha M. Buhari named in the documents.

Shehu had also threatened to suePointblanknews.com should it publish the reports linking the first lady to the Halliburton/iGate scandal.

The FBI had also asked the EFCC to investigate:

a. Any and all documents in the possession of NDTV and its present or former officers, employees, or representative (including, but not limited to, Otunba Oyewole Fashawe, Ahmed Vanderpuije, Dumebi Kachikwu) relating to or involving some of the above listed individuals and entities

b. Any and all documents in the possession of any Nigeria public official or agency- including but not limited to the Nigerian Communications Commission, Ministry of Communications, Nigerian Embassy to the United States, Nitel, and the Managing Director of Nitel- relating to or involving some of the above listed individuals and entities

c. Correspondences between United States Congressman Williams Jefferson and Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar relating to any U.S. based business venture in Nigeria

d. Correspondences between United States Congressman Williams Jefferson and Jamilah Jennifer Atiku- Abubakar , wife of Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, relating to any U.S. based business ventures in Nigeria

e. Correspondence between iGate, including its officers and representatives and Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and any other Nigerian Public official

f. Correspondence between NDTV, including its officers and representatives and Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and any other Nigerian public official

g. Correspondence between Atiku Abubakar (or any of his subordinates or representatives), and any government official or agency, including Nitel, relating to some of the above listed individuals and entities

h. Any and all documents in the possession of Rosecom.Net and its present or former officers, employees, or representatives (including Suleiman Yahyah) and any Nigerian public official or agency ( including Nitel and its officials, employees or representatives) relating to business ventures involving IGate or W2-IBBS Limited

i.Any and all records and documents relating to any concessions for petroleum products transferred to some of the listed individuals or entities

j.Toll records from January 2001 to the present for telephone 23410803504000, which number has been used or subscribed by Atonte Diete –Spiff

k. Any and all documents in the possession of the Nigerian Embassy in the United States related to any travel to Nigeria by Congressman Williams Jefferson in connection with U.S. business ventures in Nigeria, including, but not limited to

l. Records from the Sheraton Hotel & Towers related to the stay of Congressman William Jefferson, Vernon Jackson, and any other party affiliated with Jefferson and Jackson during the February, 2004 trip

m. Records from the Sheraton Hotel & Towers related to the stay of Congressman William Jefferson, Vernon Jackson, Patrick Gerdes, Adolfo Lambaren, BK Son, and any other party affiliated with Jefferson and Jackson during the May, 2004 trip

n. Records and filing relating to some of the listed entities. The requested documents include, but are not limited to company formation documents, shareholder documents, ownership record, management documents, documents relating to payment of fees related to company filings, and any other company information. The request was particular on Diverse Communications Limited, a company associated with William J. Jefferson through which he was to collect kickback in form of percentage of profit for his official act in respect of NDTV / IGate deal

o. Bank records of accounts held by Ahmed Vanderpuije, Otumba Fashawe NDTV, and Dumebi Kachiku from January, 2003 to present, including, but not limited to, accounts held in Trans International Bank, Transcontinental Bank, Citizen International Bank, Standard Trust Bank, and Continental Trust bank

Did you read the bold?
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by ancientbanana: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
bashydemy1:
Shut jor and stop being a robot, When Halliburton scandal was read nobody hear anything about Buhari family and i can bet my life on it that Fayose is just ranting it was a complete lie. If it true, They would have use it against Buhari during the electioneering. Fayose should keep deceiving his gullible supporters (YOU) included. Beside it was until when his acount was frozen that he brought this ba? yeye dey smell
ur so zombified that u choose to ignore the truth. She was implicated. Tomorrow u will claim ptf money no loss too. Zombie no good o
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by PassingShot(m): 12:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
Codes151:

Do u think if you criticize this administration like fayose has, you think u will get a fair trial? Some many people are being held against court orders! They are rubbing our Constitution in the mud! A disgrace to democracy! Already, the senate is about to reduce president powers..
Give us examples of people being held against court orders or shut up.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bashydemy1: 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
ancientbanana:
ur so zombified that u choose to ignore the truth. She was implicated. Tomorrow u will claim ptf money no loss too. Zombie no good o
Then Minister of State for Petroleum was also among them since i read one Mr Kachikwu among them abi you no see Kachikwu name there? Ewure.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bovo(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2016
Uzosaint:
Wailers Where Are U? The Presidency Wanna Play Dirty With Peter(The Rock) This Is It! Those Who Live In Glass Houses Should Neva Throw Stones,Its Just Abt To Go Down!

It's clearly a case of identity theft if you did your research from an unbiased standpoint plus people should stop spending their lives trying to find a black spot on the sun, you'll probably get blind.
"I do not guarantee that my government is corrupt free, I guarantee I'll deal with anyone who is"
-Joey Zaza (The Godfather) *modified*

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by blackboy2star(m): 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
Can't you read? i used the word 'ONE'

bashydemy1:
So PMB is the only one or Family with the name Buhari abi? The last time i check we have more than thousand families with the name Buhari... and have you forgoten what the meaning of impersonation is?
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2016
Gbawe:

Honestly OYB I am surprised at how incredibly gullible some Nigerians can be. Is this not the same Fayose that is a proven and shameless liar who has been discredited for telling ridiculous tales many times yet never desists from doing same in future? He told us Buhari had cancer and is close to death when we all know he has no access to Buhari's medical record. Also, did he not lie, just to discredit the government, that billions was being stolen by the Buhari government from the TSA account only for it to be revealed that it is the CBN, commercial banks and the operator of the system used for the TSA that share a commission far smaller than the figure touted about by Fayose? Sometimes Nigerians shock me with how they seem to have no morals and uprightness.

In sane clime if one is a criminal or a known slanderer then people will take this into consideration when you talk. They will never take your word as gospel truth because they are aware of your history as a dishonest person. Fayose is a known liar and mischief-maker yet some are quick to dance over tales any half-intelligent person knows may simply be another one of his desperate lies. This is a governor who has being a total and underwhelming disappointed to the people of Ekiti because of his lack of performance yet has mastered the art of lying controversially and deceptively to move attention away from his non-performance and travails. Rather than be like Ambode who gets on with his job silently, to now be adjudged best governor in Nigeria, all that the glorified thug called Fayose can do is make noise foolishly while charlatans hail his idiocy and ignore his failing as governor plus what he is currently indicted for by the EFCC. Na wa for my people sha.
Why are comparing Lagos allocation to Ekiti,why not compare ur Apc Osun to Ekiti? And Willie Obiano is d best Governor when u compare his IGR and allocation to Ambode of Lagos,the people are wiser now,the Apc and Buhari u campaigned for has turned our economy upside down,the people are feeling d hardship and buhari is claiming he is fighting corruption,no lite,no fuel,no money,job loss etc

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by bashydemy1: 1:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
blackboy2star:
Can't you read? i used the word 'ONE'

Sorry jare skipped that.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Malawian(m): 1:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
fulani people are not even here to defend their son, rather it is we the yoruba muslims that does the job for our fulani masters free of charge. nna ehn,

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by einst3in: 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
Malawian:
fulani people are not even here to defend their son, rather it is we the yoruba muslims that does the job for our fulani masters free of charge. nna ehn,
the nna ehn just gave you away. Nice try Ipob wailer.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Malawian(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
einst3in:
the nna ehn just gave you away. Nice try Ipob wailer.
was i hiding the fact i am Igbo?
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by marv1: 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
saintandsinnerz:

Are you alright at all? We are talking about a grevious allegation about the First Lady and you're here talking bullshiit. What's even wrong with some of you? You couldn't even comment about the allegation, but shamelessly went into what I don't know just because Aisha is mentioned. You people are just terribly pathetic
I am tired of all these teenagers on a faceless forum. Must u abuse because u want to make a point. If they (fayose and every other person) have the guts and enough evidence against aisha buhari like what they have against fayose let them proceed to court and not to be shouting in the media houses. It is for the good of democracy.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by marv1: 2:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Folafikemi:

I never wanted to comment but seeing ur position here i decided to. So it is right for booharie to loot and steal even fraud through his wife and u idiot keep silent about that. Y are u not addressing the issue he raised rather than attacking him.
I am suprised that u could be calling somebody an idiot just because u want to make a point. If there is any allegation against buhari or his wife let fayose go to law court to prove his point. It is for the good of our democracy. Pls dont be abusive, it shows immaturity and i dont want to report u.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by marv1: 2:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
Pavarottii:

JESUS!!!!! Na wa ooo... guy this is the most biased, stupid thing av read, u didn't even say one thing about the topic or wat u read.

Wat has happened to Nigerians?

Guy I am highly disappointed in you.

Good riddance. Please don't ever quote me in ur life.
Childisness at its peak abusing somebody. If fayose has enough guts let him take up this matter rather looking for sentiments from the media. Let him come up with his facts and figures and approach any competent law court. i will support 100%. This case is long overdue.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by marv1: 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
father042:

Is that what you have to say about the Jefferson deal with Aisha?
whatever u and I say are irrelevant. If Fayose is a serious man and not a noise maker as usual, he has good case to prove. Let him bring up the case to a competent law court.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Codes151(m): 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
marv1:
whatever u and I say are irrelevant. If Fayose is a serious man and not a noise maker as usual, he has good case to prove. Let him bring up the case to a competent law court.

Which law court is competent?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by shegra58: 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
cokoduck:
in that your hell hole of a country, humans are caged while animals like you roam the streets.
oh sorry u are from Somalia
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Codes151(m): 3:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
PassingShot:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun, this is becoming too much. Lengthy ban should be enforced please.
Pls enforce it esp on alomo drunk ppl
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Codes151(m): 3:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
PassingShot:

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun, this is becoming too much. Lengthy ban should be enforced please.
Pls enforce it esp on alomo drunk ppl who just jump into comments with abusive words
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Gbawe: 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/21/fayose-childish-boorish-instincts-presidency-says

Defenders of Fayose should read the link above and weep. The Presidency has responded empathically and Fayose, the shameless charlatan, is once again disgraced. Still I am sure this is not the last time he will tell outrageous lies haters of the APC and Buhari will rush to jubilate over and declare as "damning" evidence against Mr.President and his Party. Fayose and his mindless supporters, shey una see una life? Your agbero messiah should face the damning indictment levelled against him and stop these childish and "boorish" antics that will only deceive gullible and biased Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by marv1: 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
victorazy:

He is fighting for you, you better support him.
fayose is my state gov who is drowning and he is looking for sympathizers to help but he has bitten more than he can chew. If the first lady slams a libel suit against him. He will never recover. His days are numbered. He is already digging his grave. His second fall will be more than the first.

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by Pavarottii(m): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
marv1:
Childisness at its peak abusing somebody. If fayose has enough guts let him take up this matter rather looking for sentiments from the media. Let him come up with his facts and figures and approach any competent law court. i will support 100%. This case is long overdue.
Av u heard facts and figures and any court been approached about the freezing of his account?
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by olasmith10(m): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
[quote author=Optofrank post=46776950][/quote]

No sir..I said REFERENCING it...
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by MamaletASO: 5:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
Fayose Gov abeg Park well..
I heard workers are not paid in your state..Pls pay them before talking..

Aisha Buhari answer this driver conductor fayose..before he stained your Linen.. lipsrsealed
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by ISpiksDaTroof: 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
tomakint:

Even at your age you still acting like a kid kingoflag, undecided what is Rolex? Just a branded watch which is no big deal but you are making it a big deal Shame on you for telling me to snap my Rolex and upload for you. Keep waiting.
S+T+O+R+Y=?

You are a LIAR! And for you to ask "What is a Rolex?" shows you've got not even the slightest inkling of the value of that which you profess to own.

I put it to you that not only have you NEVER owned a Rolex, you do not possess the financial ability to own one.
Re: Aisha Buhari & Jefferson Bribery: Fayose Revives Aisha's 'Role' by tomakint: 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
S+T+O+R+Y=?

You are a LIAR! And for you to ask "What is a Rolex?" shows you've got not even the slightest inkling of the value of that which you profess to own.

I put it to you that you not only have NEVER owned a Rolex, you do not possess the financial ability to own one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Grants Sowore Bail With Strict Conditions (photos) / Governor Diri Donates N40m Supreme Court Awarded Him To Church, Warns APC / Fashola: Many Countries Begged Nigeria For Food During Lockdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.