Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,863 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

Can This Actually Stop People From Travelling This Period? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Can This Actually Stop People From Travelling This Period? (1002 Views)

6 Things About Lagos That People From Other Cities Exaggerate About / The Grass Is Actually Green Dust In Obodo Oyibo / Nigerians Banned From Travelling To UAE Unless With Valid UK/US Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can This Actually Stop People From Travelling This Period? by chidexSmokey(f): 11:59am On Jun 21, 2016
It's so funny the way people(most especially youths) want to get out of this country by all means. As a matter of fact, one of my customers just left for Dubai in few minutes ago from Abuja...
Okay, the topic right? this is the gist.
As at yesterday, the cheapest Kenya airways was selling to Dubai was 147k only to discover this morning it increased to 209k, Turkish airlines to Oslo was 212k but is now 303k, a child's ticket was selling at 453k to Houston but is now 710k. a mother and child (though were to go by September)was 598k but is now 919k...I can go on and on but let me stop here for now.
The customer that is to travel to Oslo came to the office this morning and was almost weeping when I gave him the new fare. I even had to show him my system to see for himself the rate used for 1USD= 283 naira compared to 200naira as at yesterday....to be sincere, I was happy he did not drop the money last night since I had the intention of issuing it this morning.
The increase in airline fares makes me wonder if intending travelers will think twice before going or make them angry with the country's situation and fly out. What do you think guys?
Re: Can This Actually Stop People From Travelling This Period? by kingphilip(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2016
The pockets and intention of the traveling party dictates if he or she will travel out or not

Lalasticlala what is your opinion about this

1 Like

Re: Can This Actually Stop People From Travelling This Period? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
Nothing dey happen. Worst case scenario they'd follow the route of Syrian migrants, any which way na way.
Re: Can This Actually Stop People From Travelling This Period? by chidexSmokey(f): 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
kingphilip:
The pockets and intention of the traveling party dictates if he or she will travel out or not

Lalasticlala what is your opinion about this
you are right. one of them is going with her husband for a conference in which her husband is one of the speakers. In such a case, they have no option than to go. A guy that made me laugh just now said "for what, why will I pay that amount to xxxx? I better stay back here in Nigeria. Let the visa waste abeg"
Re: Can This Actually Stop People From Travelling This Period? by chidexSmokey(f): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
charix:
Nothing dey happen. Worst case scenario they'd follow the route of Syrian migrants, any which way na way.
hahahaha. hope that is not what you are thinking of doing?
Re: Can This Actually Stop People From Travelling This Period? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
chidexSmokey:

hahahaha. hope that is not what you are thinking of doing?
Not for now but a certain economic level would make me shamelessly do it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Spot The UK Landmarks - Answers / God Gave Me Another Chance / Help On Scoring 7.0 IELTS General Please!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.