Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,919 members, 7,806,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site (8600 Views)

Professional Blog And Forum For Just12k / Blog And Forum Design Promo (75% Discount) / Pls I Need A Chat And Forum Website Anyone Here Can Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by phtomay(m): 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2009
Can someone help me out. What is the possibility of having chat rooms and forum activated on my site. pls reply as soon as possile. Thnx
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by yawatide(f): 8:30pm On Sep 01, 2009
As in is it possible or if you can do it yourself or you want someone to do it for you?

Be more specific.
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 01, 2009
Wia is the site first?
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by aphoe(m): 2:20am On Sep 02, 2009
try yahoo ping box
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by phtomay(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2009
@yawatide I dont mind if sum1 can put me tru or get it done for me. Its a feature my client wants. Pls help as diz first project ever.
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by yawatide(f): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2009
Okay, so I take it you have a site and need these features installed.

What you would need to do, without anyone holding your hands, so to speak, is to go to your "fantastico" section of your cpanel (some might have it under "scripts" or some other name. worse case, just click every single option that your host has till you find it tongue), look for what you want to install, click it, specify a folder where you want the stuff to go, let the scripts handle the rest and that should pretty much do it.

Let us know how it goes.

Good luck!
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by phtomay(m): 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2009
@yawatide

thanks
My host is utiware.net, i dont tink they have the fantastico stuff. I can locate it after log-in into my a/c
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by yawatide(f): 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2009
okay, assuming they don't have it, all isn't lost. Having said that, do bear in mind that the feature goes by different names - Scripting and add-ons, installcentral, etc. Just ask your web host, if you haven't already, to see if they offer such a feature. Utiware's site is taking forever to load so I couldn't visit it to make my own enquiries.

You can always install such (open source) programs yourself though. It involves, downloading a zip file, uncompressing in ur cpanel, pulling the app up in ur browser and following instructions, hopefully installing successfully at the end.

I haven't dealt with chat rooms before but I hear x7 chat is pretty good and so you should visit their site for the download. As far as forums go, there is smf and phbb to mention but a few. Each app's website pretty much does a good job when it comes to instructions on how to download, install and set up.

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by DrAyo1(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2009
Good contibution, yewatide.
Wanna ask here- If u are going to recommend an hosting company (not specifically for chat rooms) which do u think is fine?
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by Don4life: 3:07pm On Sep 11, 2009
@phtomay Gud Host
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by yawatide(f): 4:46pm On Sep 11, 2009
I use hostmonster.com and having been using them since 2005, with no problems whatsoever.
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by ogzille(m): 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2009
i can create an efficient ajax driven chat 4 u, drop a reply 4 m if interested
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by phtomay(m): 10:36am On Sep 16, 2009
@ogzille Am absolutely interested. Thnx

@yawatide
i'v succesfully installed phpbb on my webserver bt am stil down wit its config. I wil get back soon. Thnx
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by hostmot(f): 6:11pm On Oct 06, 2009
Configuring phpbb is actually a snap.

Also, be sure to check out for modifications that will help you spice up the board here: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/

But first, to reduce the time you will spend modding the board, make sure you download Automod for automatic mod installation here: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/automod/
Read up on installation and usage here: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewforum.php?f=225

If you want the chat integrated with the forum, there are a couple of chat modifications currently under development in the phpbb community. You could install any those.

Good luck!

Olawunmi,
Sales Rep., Hostmot (www.hostmot.com)
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by eplanner: 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2009
It is possible and i can do that for you
email me ardourjewels@ymail.com
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by DualCore1: 5:26pm On Oct 23, 2009
check gistcentral.com
if its that kinda chatroom feature you want, then mail me to put u through
sawyerrken at gmail dot com
Re: Chat Rooms And Forum Enabled On Site by ayomidej(f): 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2009
If it is SMF, I can help out with the chatroom

(1) (2) (Reply)

Find Out The Problems That Can Increase The Risk Of The Higher Bounce Rate / HELP! My 4years Blog Is Missing / Why Do People "Buy" Google Adsense Accounts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.