Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,178 members, 7,807,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police (30974 Views)

Presidency Shops For New Inspector-General Of Police To Replace Ibrahim Idris / FG Confirms Idris As Inspector General Of Police / Ibrahim Kpotum Idris Meets With Osinbajo In His Office. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by dabossman(m): 3:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
He has an impressive CV. Sadly, all that many "future leaders" here can see is his tribe. Tribalists calling others tribalist.

Oga IG, please try and restructure the Force for better service delivery and modern styled policing.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by jcross19: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
Businessideas:
Congrats .please help us put all paedophiles, oil pipepline blow up practitioners and those with PDP loot shouting secession like ipobians in Nigeria out of circulation.May God grant you the wisdom and protection over your family (Amen)
that's your problem? Right what about those fulani herdmen ? Because oil is more valuable than your life!!!!!!. I weep for my country and the future because even the youth lack wisdom and insight.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by adioolayi(m): 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
Mynd44:
https://www.nairaland.com/3179813/new-police-boss-idris-arrives

Why directing traffic to this link when you know it won't make front page Na you make my comment enter page 2

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by realnas(m): 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
olapluto:
[b]Idris, a scientist, educationist and administrator, comes to Nasarawa with loads of experience, some of which he brought to bear as the former Commissioner of Police in Kano State where he served between July 7, 2011 and February 16, 2013. Born in Bida on January 15, 1959, Kpotun Idris hails from
Kutigi local government area of Niger State.
He attended the famous Ahmadu Bello University Zaria where he obtained his Bachelor of Science degree in agricultural economics, after which he proceeded to University of Maiduguri where he obtained an LLB degree. He enlisted into the Nigeria Police Force as cadet ASP in 1984.
He was transferred to Police Mobile Force (PMF) in April 1987 where severed for 17 years between April 1987 and January 2003. While at the PMF, Idris served as the commander in all positions he held; these include platoon commander and second in command in Mopol 7 Squadron, Sokoto, between1987 and 1989, squadron commander, Mopol 11 Squadron, Calabar between 1990 and 1996, squadron commandant, Mopol 23 Squadron, Lagos, between 1996 and February 1998, and commandant, Police Mobile Force Training School, Gwoza, Borno State, between February 1998 and January, 2004 respectively.
After serving various squadron commandant at PMF, Idris was seconded to the United Nations in 2004 by the Nigerian Government where he served as United Nations Mission Police Operation coordinator, United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL) between February 2004 to October 2008, and Police Commissioner in charge of Operations in United Nations Integrated Mission in Timor Leste (UNMIT), between October 2008 to March 2011.
As part of his selfless service to his fatherland he returned back to Nigeria where he later served as Director, International Peace Keeping Office (DIPKO), at the Nigeria Police Force Headquarters between April 11, 2011 and July 6, 2011.
Ibrahim has also attended many professional courses in Nigeria, which included among others, Advanced Detective Course (ADC), 1987; Police Intermediate Course in 1997; and Senior Command Course in 2003, all at Police Staff College Jos.
He also attended Joint Police and Military courses, including Disaster Management Course at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji, in 2003. He further attended the Leadership and Strategic Studies Course at the Centre for Management Studies, Lagos, and National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies Kuru, where he was awarded Member of the National Institute “MNI” in 2013.
He also attended a seminar on reorganisation and reforms of Formed Police Units (FPU) under the United Nations at the Centre for Excellence for Stability Police Forces (COESPU) in Vicenza, Italy in 2004. He attended the UN Senior Leadership Induction Course and UN Leadership Course at the UN headquarters in New York in February and September 2009 respectively.
For his outstanding performance as Operations coordinator in UNMIL and Police Commissioner in charge of Operations in UNMIT respectively, Idris received many commendations and awards in the course of his career, including the Nigerian Inspector General of Police Commendation Award for his leadership performance as commandant PMF Training College, Gwoza in 2004, the Special Representative of the Secretary General Commendation Award for planning, execution and coordination of security for the Liberian National Elections in 2005.
He also bagged two outstanding leadership awards for two United Nations Missions, namely United Nations Mission in Liberia (UNMIL) and United Nations Integrated Mission in Timor Leste (UNMIT) in 2006 and 2009 respectively.
In March 2011, the President of Democratic Republic of Timor Leste, Dr Jose Ramos Horta (Nobel Laureate) awarded Ibrahim the country’s highest national medal, “ the Medal of Merit”, for his contribution to the security and stability of Timor Leste.
[/b]
after reading this I am more than convinced that this qualified for the positionof the IG we as nigerians should pray that the almightyhelp him in curbing the various security challenges facing nigeria .
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by cachilike12: 3:49pm On Jun 21, 2016
Government of the North by the North and for the North. This man have an agenda but people have failed to realize it that after his tenure Nigeria will forever remain with the North or the south will be flushed out. He is ready for war

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by saintmark88(m): 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
ceeethru:
Totally I am against this appointment,we should not keep all the appointments to north is unhealthy to the nation,PMB should stop implementing northern agenda,I expect this appointment should come from south east,we should give equall opportunity to all the region.

He should give the position to d south east, y should he??, what if d south easterners at d helm of affairs there, can't work with him or vice versa??, because of u he should now give it to who he can't work with, just because he wants to please u guys........
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by RaptorX: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
The consolidation of power in the hands of the north is now complete with all the security forces now firmly in their grip and they also control the electoral body. They will rule you dumb southerners till eternity, they are also coming for the CBN governors job soon mark my words.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by piagetskinner(m): 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
i just knew it was gon b a northerner

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by Adefemiaderoju1: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
But like seriously is it only Norterner in this con3 call Nigeria?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by Lekewatt(m): 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
designking:
Now we have a better IG who can deal with Fayose and other PDP rogues without fear or favor. The former couldn't because he was appointed by a PDP president.

ur yan just make fly full d whole room. U want I.G kpatako to be political then. Well i yam not suprise, na dia fellow aboniki baba appoint.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by Businessideas: 3:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
jcross19:
that's your problem? Right what about those fulani herdmen ? Because oil is more valuable than your life!!!!!!. I weep for my country and the future because even the youth lack wisdom and insight.
All you need to do is to include your own or make your own list instead of weeping. I insist that those on my list as at today, constitute the greatest nuisance to Nigeria both online and offline
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by truthspeaks: 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2016
He shld arrest all southerners for refusing to their oil n farmlands for grazing by notherners
Ahmedhussain3463:
pls consolidate and build upon where arase stop
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by Dinobi77: 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2016
Makzeze said go and hug transformer. Gone are the days when one fears tranformers, what we ve now re empty box of transformers. As for the new IG, i wish him well, but the fact remains that this is the govt of the North. The other side of the zombies has been put behind (o yes members).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by olaasiwaju: 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2016
May Almighty Allah make you successfull on your new rank sir. Welcome to the task.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by deathmen12: 3:58pm On Jun 21, 2016
See hw f*olish u sound... So any1 who oppose buhari shld be dealt with right, well this one party system u guys are prayin 4, it will happen in the north soon, cos ur buhari is dividing d country little by little.
designking:
Now we have a better IG who can deal with Fayose and other PDP rogues without fear or favor. The former couldn't because he was appointed by a PDP president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by Dpharisee: 4:00pm On Jun 21, 2016
handie:
Wailers! Ya'll will never change. Do u guys even realize that the inspector general of police is appointed by the president on the RECOMMENDATION of the police service commission? Should he refuse to follow the recommendations of the PSC just to satisfy some tribe? I know wailing is ya calling but biko try and apply sense in ur wailings

Read what you wrote again. The president is the C-in-C and has the final say on Police appointments as head of the executive arm of Govt. All the heads of the Paramilitary in the Ministry of Interior headed by the tribal bigot called Danbazau are from one section of the country viz Prisons, NSCDC, Immigration, Fire Service, Custom

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by jcross19: 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
Businessideas:

All you need to do is to include your own or make your own list instead of am weeping. I insist that those on my list as at today, constitute the greatest nuisance to Nigeria both online and offline
read it again.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by saintmark88(m): 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
If I am Buhari with all these senseless complaints about northern agenda, I'll never appoint a southerner, he has d power to appoint who ever he wants, what I dnt get is, if he appoints a southerner Pls how does it affect u n I..... Isn't it a southerner thts bin replaced, did d Edo man drop a cup of water on my table... Coincidentally I'm even from Edo state, same state with Arase......so how does it affect me who gets appointed, when Arase was appointed we never heard a northerner complain, wen Mike Okiro was appointed no northerner complained, buh we southerners complain about everything......
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by Niwdog(m): 4:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
handie:
Wailers! Ya'll will never change. Do u guys even realize that the inspector general of police is appointed by the president on the RECOMMENDATION of the police service commission? Should he refuse to follow the recommendations of the PSC just to satisfy some tribe? I know wailing is ya calling but biko try and apply sense in ur wailings
oga itk what about the circumstances surrounding the appointment of inec chairman

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by Dpharisee: 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2016
carammel:
From commissioner? or I didn't read well,what happened to DIGs and AIGs?

All the AIGs and DIGs will retire, thats the way it works as they will not be expected to give their far far junior complement as IG

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by archdon: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2016
SeverusSnape:
North again!, It was expected, the dullard is so predictable; Buhari is doing a great job of segregating the south.

Anyways, "Northerners are the most qualified and sincere set of people in Nigeria" according to Nairaland resident Zombies

It's pple like u dat spoil Nigeria,
The first thing u noticed is dat he's a Northern, so weather or not he's the most qualified or next in line doesn't mean sh*t to u

I think it's time we start seeing everyone from Nigeria as Nigerian, not Northerner, Southerner or what have you
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by Dpharisee: 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
saintmark88:
If I am Buhari with all these senseless complaints about northern agenda, I'll never appoint a southerner, he has d power to appoint who ever he wants, what I dnt get is, if he appoints a southerner Pls how does it affect u n I..... Isn't it a southerner thts bin replaced, did d Edo man drop a cup of water on my table... Coincidentally I'm even from Edo state, same state with Arase......so how does it affect me who gets appointed, when Arase was appointed we never heard a northerner complain, wen Mike Okiro was appointed no northerner complained, buh we southerners complain about everything......

Your thinking is shallow, wait until Fulani invades your community in Edo and then you will know the importance of who controls the security apparatus. When GEJ appointed Arase there was a balance in the security agencies from the interior ministry to the military. Compare it to now. Biafra agitators and Shiite Muslims are shot dead because they dont have their people giving the orders.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by handie(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Niwdog:
oga itk what about the circumstances surrounding the appointment of inec chairman
Is this wailing about the appointment of d INEC chairman or the appointment of the IGP
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by carammel(f): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Dpharisee:

All the AIGs and DIGs will retire, thats the way it works as they will not be expected to give their far far junior complement as IG
I know that is what will happen sir,I'm only saying he should have picked from one of the DIGs or AIGs rather than a commissioner. anyways,that is his own luck.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by enitanpopoola(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
designking:

Unfortunately, we do not have a place to quarantine people like you in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by Niwdog(m): 4:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
handie:
Is this wailing about the appointment of d INEC chairman or the appointment of the IGP
its about buhari ways of appointment.

Biko don't quote me again.
I no like to they press button

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
Middle belt man is appointed IGP, the new trend is Northernization. No middle belt again. Nna eh
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by DennisEche(m): 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
nice resume............baba so on point
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by RaptorX: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
saintmark88:
What more evidence do you people need to see that this president is a bigot pursuing a Northern agenda? When he appoints a northerner who is next in line you people will defend him saying he appointed the next in line, but when he skips all the DIG and AIG to appoint a commissioner of police or when he went outside the customs service to appoint a retired army officer you people will say it's based on merit. Enjoy the slavery you people have bought with your own hands.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Kpotum Idris As New Inspector General of Police by 989900: 4:15pm On Jun 21, 2016
He is Mopol. And he was AIG.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures From Wike's Campaign Rally In Oyigbo Local Government, Rivers State / Accept Party Supremacy, Buhari Tells Senators, Reps / Nicholas Ukachukwu Defeats Bianca Ojukwu At APGA Senatorial Primaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.