Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

What Does It Mean To Be A True Friend? [16 Gathered Facts] - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does It Mean To Be A True Friend? [16 Gathered Facts] (582 Views)

Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? / See What My Ex's Boyfriend Texted Me. What Does It Mean? (screenshots) / What Does It Mean To Love Your Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does It Mean To Be A True Friend? [16 Gathered Facts] by ibez007(m): 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
With this in mind, I recently asked on Facebook, “What does it mean to be a true friend?”

I only able to compiled some of the ideas that resonated strongly with me (some of them paraphrased or slightly altered for ease of reading).

Here’s what I actually can gather:

1. Always be there, even in silence.

2. Be kind and listen; Be fun and light. Be serious when needed, love extensively, and forgive always.

3.Don’t be scared to tell each other the truth,no matter how difficult it may be.

4. Guide each other in times of need with your honest opinions.

5.A true friend is someone who always listens and is genuinely interested in the good and bad, and someone who calls or writes just to say HELLO.

6. Be loyal in confidence and character, always open and inviting to share concerns, always honest even if you disagree.

7. A true friend tries his|her best to cheer you up when you are upset and makes you feel special

8.Will be who they truly are, be that vulnerable, and provide the other person the space, safety and choice to do the same.

9.Share the truth in their hearts, without the fear of misunderstandings.

10.A true friend always supports the person but doesn't feel compelled to support the situation. A true friend knows how and when to say the firm, “NO.”

1 Like

Re: What Does It Mean To Be A True Friend? [16 Gathered Facts] by ibez007(m): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
And Everybody (almost) knows Idea about universal thing is like a moving Train, it keeps moving! - ibez007
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A True Friend? [16 Gathered Facts] by ibez007(m): 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2016
11.Knowing fully well that someone’s least admirable characteristics and still love and support them.

12.Celebrate the wins and be there to support the losses. Keep his/her word and acknowledge it when you don’t.

13.A true friend is someone you feel as comfortable with as you do when you are by yourself. No illusions, no holding back.

14.Be genuinely happy when they get, receive, or achieve something you truly desire.

The Idea is Universal!.

So, Feel free to Add what a TRUE FRIEND is to YOU.

Cheers!!!.
Re: What Does It Mean To Be A True Friend? [16 Gathered Facts] by jashar(f): 9:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ehn ooo... but when these qualities are found in the opposite sex, thry'll say you've friendzone the person.

cry cry cry

Shout out to my true friends, Tayo, Titi, Ibk, Uche, Sarah, Bolade, Will.

For the laughs and tears. kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Ben Murray Bruce' Lovely Picture With Mom / A Nairalander Celebrates His Mother Today / Nigerian Parents, Quit Blaming Your Kids So Much!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.