Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,605 members, 7,801,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Homosexuality And Other Matters - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Homosexuality And Other Matters (701 Views)

This Is How A Christian Should View Homosexuality / Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: Why The Truth Matters / The Cause Of Homosexuality And What The Bible Says About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Homosexuality And Other Matters by JAZES(m): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2016
As an African I abhor the practice of homosexuality because my culture and upbringing counts it absurd ,foreign and immoral
However,I am also aware that polygamy is entrenched in my culture as well.
Whilst the western world embraces homosexuality as a sexual right,it criminalizes polygamy.
Thus my challenge here will be one of culture not necessarily conviction as my culture has Influenced me way back as long as I have being .
I am trained in school and made to embrace the western sociological leanings
.I am made to stand between two diametrically opposed human innovations .
What will bail me out ?
My faith.
My Lord.His words.His life.
Written within the books where I have found the joy of salvation is to know right from wrong.Evil from good.Sin from right living.
In there I recognize deity.
God.
He created all and controls all.
It is written that I don't determine right from wrong .
I find out what ONLY He says it is.
My salvation is based on my knowing that I will be wrong without Him.
I stand blamed until He saves me.
My ways are not His,until He delivers me from mine.
This He does for everyone who believes in the death and sacrifice of His Son,Jesus.
This is The way.
His truth.
His life.
My life.
Only then will wrongs cancelled .
Sins forgiven .Lifestyles changed.
He punishes His Son ,gave him to die for all sins.
He makes no grades for sins and its lifestyles .
For those who claim Leviticus Leviticus 18:22 Declaring it an abomination,so is wearing a clothe of linen and wool or lying beside your wife during her menstrual period or shaving your head with a styled haircut ,planting two crops together on a field .
Lest i forget abram who married his half sister ,committed adultery with his maid ,lied about his marital status ,or david who murdered and took another's wife ..
The list goes on,
None is exempt
A lie,an hate,rage,illicit sex(done without marital union ),cheating others ,evil thoughts,lack of care for the needy,gluttony,not caring for your family,oppressing the poor,greed,covetousness ,lack of self control,bitterness,jealousy,fear,laziness,lack of submission to spouse (both ways),to spiritual authority ,...this list is endless.
oh lest I forget homosexuality too.
None is greater or smaller.
He bails us all out in His Son.
And when I believe ,am saved..,saved from the guilt and conviction of what I will always do in His sight without his spirit ,..Wrong!
Also,He gives me a new nature to detest the wrong and naturally do right.
This doesn't invalidate His role as the only justifier I have .
Despite my new state,He yet bestows His eternal mercies of forgiveness ,for as I grow I will yet do wrong and sin.
His forgiveness is eternal .
Unconditional.
Now,am to share this news with everyone not out of superiority as I am not any better than everyone ,even the homosexual.
However,I must never condone anyone who makes wrong and violation of scriptures a habit.
One who says I am a liar,its my choice,or I have sex with many girls ,its my call.or I get angry easily and can kill ,or I make the gospel a money making machine...,I cheat my business partners or bosses at work,
This mustn't be condoned .
But hey...,the sinner must be told about The Son.
Only the Son can set free.
By the way..
You can't legislate against sin!
Ask Moses,
Talk less of a human law making organ consisting sinners,saints and mixed multitudes.
Any laws against anger? fear? Bitterness ?strife,lack of kindness
Only the Son redeems.
Thus,..glory to God,I am free from my culture and education .
I am bound by the scriptures.
Arrested by the vicarious death of the Son,who saved me and saves everyone .
I won't resort to singling out sins or sinners
I must condemn sin as Jesus has on the cross.
But preach the Love and compassion of God without threats ,hatred and discrimination to all..
Homosexual,bi sexual ,idol worshipper,perverse ,corrupt and even haters of The Son.
Am grateful for my new culture..
What about u?
Jesus is Lord,We win!

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Other Matters by CAPSLOCKED: 5:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi And His Wife Visits VP Osinbajo In Abuja (PHOTO) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 11/07/16 / Fake Miracle Syndicate Arrested In Enugu, Says Pastor Hired Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.