Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,029 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps (104918 Views)

The History Of "Mammy Market" - For Aspiring And Serving Nysc Corp Members / NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps / My NYSC Personal CDS Projects In Anambra. Thanks To GOD For The Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
Impact of this class below can be found here @

https://muhammadidris.org/2019/01/12/impact-of-my-online-coaching-class/

Good evening to the prospective and serving corps members

It stroke me today as so many of my friends (corpers) were asking me on how to engage in National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) personal Community Developtment Service (CDS) because they also want to affect life positively as corps members. This gave me the passion to also share with others through Nairaland.

Some do it because of the award (state and presidential honor), others do it because of the joy in it as they change life(s), but whatever are your reasons, these are the procedures to follow;

1. Project Title
You must have carried out investigation on what project you want to do and where you want to do it. But it is important to note this when choosing your project because where you carried out your project matters a lot. E.g A youth corps that dig a clean water bore hole in a slum (environment with poor people) will be highly recognized and valued than the one that dig similar bore hole in the Governement Reserve Areas (GRA) etc that houses the rich.
Secondly you should give the people what they need, not what they don't need at that moment e.g, do not give a hungry man cloth to wear, instead you should give him food because at that moment, he/she needs food to survive before clothing.

2. Project Analysis
By now you must have known the project you want to carry out. The analysis includes; (i) the cost (ii) beneficiary (iii) sponsor (only if u hv any at that moment) (iv) starting date and closing date (at which the project is expected to end).

3. Project Approval
For Corps member, the project approval is usually given by the NYSC (National Youth Service Corp). It is important you get it because your name and nysc number will be written on it and it is required you attach it to any of your solicitation letters. In addition to that, it is the only way your project will be documented by NYSC for any reward or recognition. And to get it, you must apply for it, and to apply for it, you will have to write a letter following all the necessary chain of command and you will be required to attach your project analysis

NOW, you need two things from me
i. Sample of of the letter to request for project approval from nysc. Look below for d sample
ii. Project analysis that you will attach to the letter 1 above.
iii. Project Proposal
That's all you need to kick-start your project. Send me your email to forward the sample to you (free of charge) because its in diagrammatic form (with horizontal and vertical lines) as such I always find it difficult to past it for people. If you receive it all you need to do is to substitute, no stress.

School of Nursing and Midwifery

Jekadafari, Gombe,

Gombe State.
. 19th February, 2015.

The State Coordinator,
NYSC Secretariat,
Gombe state.
Through
Zonal Inspector,
NYSC Zonal Office,
Gombe.
Through
Local Government Inspector,
NYSC Local Government Office,
Gombe.
Through
The Principal,
School of Nursing and Midwifery,
Gombe.

Dear Sir,
APPLICATION TO UNDERTAKE SOME PERSONAL CDS PROJECTS
I wish to apply for the above subject matter to enable me carry out the following CDS projects at the central prison yard, Gombe.
1.Provision of some basic drugs for the use of the prison inmates
2. Provision of weighing scale and sphygmomanometer for the clinic
3. Provision of hospital bed sheets and curtains for the clinic
4.Painting of the prison yard clinic and entrance gate.
I hope my application would be kindly considered for your approval.

Yours faithfully,

Mohammad Idris
(GM/14B/0720):ur phone number

NOTE: this sample is for Gombe state nysc, I don't know of other states but they said it is the same everywhere. And for those after state award, 2 different corps members serving in different state may end up doing similar project but one may be awarded and the other may not. It depends on the state and competition e.g corps member doing personal CDS in Lagos and Abj may or may not get a state award as those corpers serving in less competitive/less corper populated states like Gombe and others on similar project. In those other competitive states, u may hv to do more.
FOR WHATSAPP CONVERSATION 08032731090
Below is a 4 minutes video documentary on the prison project I carried out during my national service year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXr8IOpA6T0

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 6:39pm On Jun 21, 2016
More pictures and state award cert presented by the Governor of Gombe state, Ibrahim Dankwanbo.
Our names (state award winners of batch c, b and a) were sent to Abuja for the presidential award, if at all we merit it because a committee was set, our projects were inspected from Abuja. Out of 217 names submitted by all the state last year, only 61 were selected, 2 from each state but some state didn't produce any as those corpers that affected/influenced their posting were automatically disqualified

FOR WHATSAPP CONVERSATION 08032731090

1 Like

Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by Sese2(f): 3:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
tetengi4life:
Good evening to the prospective and serving corps members
It stroke me today as so many of my friends (corpers) were asking me on how to do NYSC personal CDS because they also want to affect life positively as corps members. This gave me the passion to also share with others through Nairaland.
Some do it because of the award (state and presidential honor), some do it because of the joy in it as they change life(s), but whatever is your reason(s), these are the procedures to follow.
1. Project Title :
You must have carried out investigation on what project you want to do and where you want to do it. But it is important to note these when choosing your project because where you carried out your project matters alot. E.g A corps member that dug a bore hole in a slum (environment with poor people) will be highly recognized and valued than the one that dug similar bore hole in the government house etc. Secondly you should give the people what they need, not what they don't need at that moment e.g do not give an hungry man cloth to wear, instead you should give him food because at that moment, he/she needs food to survive before clothing.
2. Project Analysis
By now you must have known the project you want to carry out. The analysis includes; (i) the cost (ii) beneficiary (iii) sponsor (only if u hv any at that moment) (iv) starting date and closing date (at which the project is expected to end).
3. Project Approval
The project approval is usually given by the NYSC. It is important you get it because your name and nysc number will be written on it and it is required you attach it to any of your solicitation letters. In addition to that, it is only way your project will be documented by nysc for any reward or recognition. And to get it, you must apply for it, and to apply for it, you will have to write a letter to nysc following all the necessary chain of command and you will be required to attach your project analysis on that letter of request for approval letter.
1. Sample of of the letter to request for project approval from nysc. Look below for d sample
2. Project analysis that you will attach to the letter 1 above.
That's all you need to kick-start your project. Send me your email to forward the sample to you (free of charge) because its in diagrammatic form (with horizontal and vertical lines) as such I always find it difficult to past it for people. If you receive it all you need to do is to substitute, no stress.
Jekadafari, Gombe,
Gombe State.
. 19th February, 2015.
The State Coordinator,
NYSC Secretariat,
Gombe state.
Through
Zonal Inspector,
NYSC Zonal Office,
Gombe.
Through
Gombe.
Through
The Principal,
Gombe.
Dear Sir,
I wish to apply for the above subject matter to enable me carry out the following CDS projects at the central prison yard, Gombe.
Yours faithfully,
Mohammad Idris
NOTE: this sample is for Gombe state nysc, I don't know of other states but they said it is the same everywhere. And for those after state award, 2 different corps members serving in different state may end up doing similar project but one may be awarded and the other may not. It depends on the state and competition e.g corps member doing personal CDS in Lagos and Abj may or may not get a state award as those corpers serving in less competitive/less corper populated states like Gombe and others on similar project. In those other competitive states, u may hv to do more.
,send it to my e-mail..gistsese@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by ebac(m): 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
febaide.isaac@gmail.com
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by blairbrook(f): 8:20pm On Jun 22, 2016
Please send the samples to me
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by kcy(m): 1:42am On Jun 24, 2016
Pls
ankayoe@gmail.com
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2016
I just sent it to all of your e-mails above

ankayoe@gmail.com
fumyshomeplace@gmail.com
febaide.isaac@gmail.com
gistsese@gmail.com

Sorry for d late response

P.S: In september, 2017. Haske Foundation contacted me on this platform looking for those corps members that are carrying out water projects as their community service in order to sponsor them. I shared the information with all of them. I am happy receiving response that She has started sponsoring their projects. Below are some of the screenshots

Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by usoroh2003: 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
pls u can snd it ma email usoroh2003@gmail.com
tnxs
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 3:17am On Jun 25, 2016
usoroh2003:
pls u can snd it ma email usoroh2003@gmail.com

tnxs

Sent.

Theses are some of the samples of my solicitation letters

(1)
Gombe,
Gombe State.
12th of March, 2015.

The Office of the Executive Governor of Gombe State,
Gombe,
Gombe State.

Dear Sir,
LETTER OF SOLICITATION FOR FUND FOR A NYSC COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SERVICE (CDS) IN GOMBE STATE PRISON YARD
I am a NYSC corps member serving in School of Nursing and Midwifery, Gombe. I wish to solicit for fund for a Community Development Service (CDS) project at the Central Prison Yard, Gombe. The project includes;
Provision of some basic drugs for the use of the prison inmates
Provision of weighing scale and sphygmomanometer (for blood pressure) for the clinic
Provision of hospital bed sheets and curtains for the clinic
Painting of the prison yard clinic and entrance gate.
Building of a Twin Class Room for Teaching, Skill acquisitioning and Rehabilitation (for those on drug addiction).
The beneficiaries of this project are approximately 950 prison inmates. I shall be looking to your kind support, so that we can together make the prison a correction facility where the bad gets better and healthier before getting into the society with new life as “2nd chance”. Attached to the letter is the introductory and confirmation letters together with the project analysis.
Yours faithfully,

Mohammad Idris
(GM/14B/0720): ur phone number

(2)

Gombe, Gombe State .
20th of March, 2015 .

The Commissioner,
Ministry of Health,
Gombe,
Gombe State.

Dear Sir,
LETTER OF SOLICITATION FOR DRUGS/FUND FOR AN NYSC COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SERVICE (CDS) IN GOMBE STATE PRISON YARD
I am an NYSC corps member serving in School of Nursing and Midwifery, Gombe. I wish to solicit for fund for a CDS project at the Central Prison Yard, Gombe. The project includes;
Provision of weighing scale and sphygmomanometer (for blood pressure) for the clinic
Building of a Twin Class Room for Teaching, Skill acquisitioning and Rehabilitation (for those on drug addiction).
The beneficiaries of this project are approximately 950 prison inmates. I shall be looking to your kind support, so that we can together make the prison a correction facility where the bad gets better and healthier before getting into the society with new life as “2nd chance”. Attached to the letter is the introductory and confirmation letters together with the project analysis.
Yours faithfully,

Mohammad Idris
(GM/14B/0720):phone number

(3)

Gombe, Gombe State .
10th of March, 2015 .

The MD/CEO,
Ashaka Cement Plc,
Funakaye LGA,
Gombe State.
Through
The Comm. Affairs Manager,
Ashaka Cement Plc.
Dear Sir,
LETTER OF SOLICITATION FOR CEMENT/FUND FOR AN NYSC COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT SERVICE (CDS) IN GOMBE STATE PRISON YARD
I am an NYSC corps member serving in School of Nursing and Midwifery, Gombe. I wish to solicit for fund for a Community Development Service (CDS) project at the Central Prison Yard, Gombe. The project includes;
Yours faithfully,

Mohammad Idris
(GM/14B/0720):phone number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by Mrukk: 6:06am On Jun 26, 2016
asalamualyk,brother pls send it to my email idealruqay1@gmail.com. Thanks in advance
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sorry for the change is the orientation of my address on the letter.

Whenever you are soliciting for fund, always photocopy the letters, so that when you submit the original copy, they will stamp or acknowledge on the photocopy. This shall serve as evidence of your letter.

You have a lot of power as a Corp member. You are welcomed everywhere you go including the seat of powers (government houses).
The last letter "Ashaka Cement Factory" they were the one that funded my project, provided car full of drugs for me. The manager personally dropped me at the park because their local government is far from mine, and there is curfew in town because of Boko Haram insurgency at that time

P.S: Post below recently modified on 20th April, 2018

Permit me to introduced to you another NYSC corps member (from my online coaching class) whom just completed and commissioned his project.
*Name:* Paul Imasuen
*Project executed:* Vigilante post in a local community in Niger state
*Beneficiaries:* About 2,000 people
*Date commissioned:* 19th April, 2018

Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by ianmak: 5:48pm On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=tetengi4life post=46792139]Good evening to the prospective and serving corps members

It stroke me today as so many of my friends (corpers) were asking me on how to do NYSC personal CDS because they also want to affect life positively as corps members. This gave me the passion to also share with others through Nairaland.

Some do it because of the award (state and presidential honor), some do it because of the joy in it as they change life(s), but whatever is your reason(s), these are the procedures to follow.

1. Project Title :
You must have carried out investigation on what project you want to do and where you want to do it. But it is important to note these when choosing your project because where you carried out your project matters alot. E.g A corps member that dug a bore hole in a slum (environment with poor people) will be highly recognized and valued than the one that dug similar bore hole in the government house etc. Secondly you should give the people what they need, not what they don't need at that moment e.g do not give an hungry man cloth to wear, instead you should give him food because at that moment, he/she needs food to survive before clothing.

2. Project Analysis

3. Project Approval
The project approval is usually given by the NYSC. It is important you get it because your name and nysc number will be written on it and it is required you attach it to any of your solicitation letters. In addition to that, it is only way your project will be documented by nysc for any reward or recognition. And to get it, you must apply for it, and to apply for it, you will have to write a letter to nysc following all the necessary chain of command and you will be required to attach your project analysis on that letter of request for approval letter.

1. Sample of of the letter to request for project approval from nysc. Look below for d sample
2. Project analysis that you will attach to the letter 1 above.

Jekadafari, Gombe,

Gombe State.
. 19th February, 2015.

The State Coordinator,
NYSC Secretariat,
Gombe state.
Through
Zonal Inspector,
NYSC Zonal Office,
Gombe.
Through
Gombe.
Through
The Principal,
Gombe.

Dear Sir,

Yours faithfully,

Mohammad Idris

NOTE: this sample is for Gombe state nysc, I don't know of other states but they said it is the same everywhere. And for those after state award, 2 different corps members serving in different state may end up doing similar project but one may be awarded and the other may not. It depends on the state and competition e.g corps member doing personal CDS in Lagos and Please bro, kindly forward to my mail too: ttajao@student.lautech.edu.ng. Thanks in anticipation
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by ianmak: 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
tetengi4life:

Sent
Please bro, kindly forward to my mail too: ttajao@student.lautech.edu.ng
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 9:36pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sent @ ttajao@student.lautech.edu.ng

Always available for more response. Share with others as well.
All the best
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by ianmak: 10:52pm On Jun 26, 2016
tetengi4life:
Sent @ ttajao@student.lautech.edu.ng
Always available for more response. Share with others as well. All the best
Seen it. Thanks a bunch. God bless!
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by jtchukwu: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
pls, send to me very much interested. jchukwu4u@yahoo.com
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 5:12pm On Jun 27, 2016
jtchukwu:
pls, send to me very much interested.
jchukwu4u@yahoo.com

Sent
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by david6(m): 6:38pm On Jun 27, 2016
good work sir can u send to my mail too with your mobile no.
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 9:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
david6:
good work sir can u send to my mail too with your mobile no.

ibrahimarome@gmail.com

It's done buddy
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by sunday478(m): 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2016
Pls send to my mail
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 10:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
sunday478:
Pls send to my mail

(contactogwuche

gmail[dot]com)

Done
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by living101(m): 12:11am On Jul 01, 2016
tetengi4life:
I just sent it to all of your e-mails above

ankayoe@gmail.com
fumyshomeplace@gmail.com
febaide.isaac@gmail.com
gistsese@gmail.com

Sorry for d late response

Good day. I will really appreciate it if you forward it to my email. omoluabimike@yahoo.com
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by living101(m): 12:14am On Jul 01, 2016
My email omoluabimike@yahoo.com Thank you.
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by sunday478(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2016
tetengi4life:

Done
thanks boss, seen.
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by klassd(m): 7:25am On Jul 01, 2016
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2016
Sent @
Chuxxdan@gmail.com
omoluabimike@yahoo.com
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by colby92(m): 2:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
nwannebright@gmail.com..Thanks
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by living101(m): 8:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
tetengi4life:
Sent @ Chuxxdan@gmail.com omoluabimike@yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
colby92:
nwannebright@gmail.com..Thanks

Sent
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by tetengi4life(m): 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
Please if any of you have any question(s), do not hesitate to ask on this platform, others could learn from it too
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by bless2tom(m): 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
nice one Op......thomasblssng@gmail.com pls send it to me
Re: NYSC Personal CDS: Procedures Made Easy For The Prospective And Serving Corps by zutu(m): 8:59am On Jul 02, 2016
nice one. pls send it to my mail. solomonizu216@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Female Corper Sexually Harasses Male Corper At Lagos NYSC Camp, Touches His Dick / Obi Cubana Dines With Corpers Serving in Oba A Week To His Mother's Burial. / My NYSC Hookup Experience...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.