Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,991 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] (11721 Views)

DIY: Construction Of Semi-detached Duplexes At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] / Opic, Isheri North 10 acres land (Along Lagos-ibadan Expressway) / Quick Sale Of Residential Plots At Ikota Villa Estate Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:48pm On Jun 21, 2016
BITSWORKS Nigeria is a multi-discipline construction company comprising of architects, builders, civil engineers and interior designers.

We currently have a brief for a client to construct a residential dwelling on a plot of land in Harmony Villa Isheri by OPIC. The Site is not a virgin land, the existing structure was bought and will be demolished by the client.

We are presently still tweaking the design of the building due to the peculiar size/shape of the land. We will share the floor plan, elevations and 3D views once we have finalized on the design and permission has been given by the client.

Size of land - 443.86 sqm
Total area of building - currently unknown
Total unbuilt area - 0.00 sqm
Percentage of site covered. - 0.00%
Percentage unbuilt - 0.00%

Estimated budget for construction - currently unknown
PROJECT timeline - 10 months

We are currently constructing a side of the perimeter wall and since its still part of the project, we will showcase and highlight the construction process here in the interim, until we start the main dwelling unit construction.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 7:29pm On Jun 21, 2016
For the perimeter fence, due to the low bearing capacity of the soil in the location, we are going to construct a raft on which the perimeter blockwall will sit, with columns at short intervals to further strengthen the wall.

As can be seen from earlier pictures, the existing structure is already sinking and to forestall this for our own development, the appropriate foundation has to be done. The option of bore pile or raft foundation is still being considered.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 7:51pm On Jun 21, 2016
Excavation for the raft trench was started on Saturday and concluded on Monday due to intermitent rainfall.

We dug to a depth of 8inches and had to stop at that depth because we were already exposing the concrete base of the PHCN pole beside the perimeter wall and to forestall a collapse.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by Dominionng(m): 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2016
God speed Boss!
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Iron reinforcement formwork and the wood formwork was done on Monday and fixed into the trenches.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
Iron reinforcement work.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
Carpentary formwork.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
Casting of the ground beam (raft) for the perimeter wall.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 6:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
More concrete casting pictures of the ground beam. We used a mix ratio of 1:2:4 to ensure that we laid a solid footing for the perimeter wall.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2016
We removed the formwork and started with the blockwork yesterday. We are using 9inch blocks and will have concrete columns at every 6-7 blocks layed.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 10:31am On Jun 23, 2016
More pictures.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by onstelly(f): 11:07am On Jun 23, 2016
BITSWORKS:
Iron reinforcement work.
Pls can you gimme me little of your time
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 11:52am On Jun 23, 2016
onstelly:

Pls can you gimme me little of your time

Kindly send me a mail. Cheers.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 12:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
More blockwork pictures.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by onstelly(f): 12:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
BITSWORKS:

Kindly send me a mail. Cheers.
OK
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by ArcToyin(m): 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
BITSWORKS:
BITSWORKS Nigeria is a multi-discipline construction company comprising of architects, builders, civil engineers and interior designers.

We currently have a brief for a client to construct a residential dwelling on a plot of land in Harmony Villa Isheri by OPIC. The Site is not a virgin land, the existing structure was bought and will be demolished by the client.

We are presently still tweaking the design of the building due to the peculiar size/shape of the land. We will share the floor plan, elevations and 3D views once we have finalized on the design and permission has been given by the client.

Size of land - 443.86 sqm
Total area of building - currently unknown
Total unbuilt area - 0.00 sqm
Percentage of site covered. - 0.00%
Percentage unbuilt - 0.00%

Estimated budget for construction - currently unknown
PROJECT timeline - 10 months

We are currently constructing a side of the perimeter wall and since its still part of the project, we will showcase and highlight the construction process here in the interim, until we start the main dwelling unit construction.
In case you need an Architect, am one.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 4:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
Pictures of ongoing blockwork today on site. We have achieved 5 coaches all round and will add six more coaches.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 4:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
ArcToyin:

In case you need an Architect, am one.

Hello Toyin, I got your mail and I have replied. Kindly revert.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by ArcToyin(m): 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
BITSWORKS:

Hello Toyin, I got your mail and I have replied. Kindly revert.
Alright. I will
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 7:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
At the end of todays work, we were able to achieve 9 coaches in 2 bays and will finish up the 11 coaches by Satuday for all bays. I delibrately make sure the bricklayer does not lay more than 4-5 coaches per day for stability and alignment.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by Larwin(m): 8:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
Good work here, keep it up
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 10:00pm On Jun 25, 2016
We are almost done with the blockwork and will be casting the columns on Monday.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 10:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
Larwin:
Good work here, keep it up

Thanks for the good word, I got your mail and will respond ASAP.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by kopell: 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2016
Congratulation in practicing professionalism in your job, I pray one day God give me money to invite for my job. Amin
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by wealthlift(m): 11:00am On Jun 26, 2016
What a neat job.

Can we talk bro? Need something like this
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 11:58am On Jun 26, 2016
wealthlift:
What a neat job.

Can we talk bro? Need something like this

Yes we can. Kindly send me a mail. Best regards.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
kopell:
Congratulation in practicing professionalism in your job, I pray one day God give me money to invite for my job. Amin

We can start with the little you have oh, I work with all budgets as long as quality and standards is not compromised.

2 Likes

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by olumide4christ: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
BITSWORKS:

We can start with the little you have oh, I work with all budgets as long as quality and standards is not compromised.

Well done BITSWORKS! @ the bolded, that's the right mindset you need to carve out a niche for yourself as a contractor/project manager who will never compromise standards for money. Not every client will like you for taking that stand, but surely the best will come your way, Amen!
I have been following your projects, I like your standards, keep on the good work!
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by mufutau55(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2016
BITSWORKS:

What a professional reply.

Hajii M.
Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 10:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
We casted the columns today, 5 in number and with that we are done with the construction of the perimeter wall.

Though am not actually on site or in Lagos but I have competents site managers that I entrust work to and they deliver to specification.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by BITSWORKS: 7:23am On Jun 29, 2016
More columns casting pictures.

Re: DIY: Construction Of Residential Units At Harmony Villa [isheri OPIC] by Deedonsolutions(m): 12:37am On Jul 10, 2016
Sir, I have been browsing through ur profile on here... May I ve ur contacts detail on here sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Agency Fees / 5 Things To Consider Before Buying Land In Lagos Island Or Mainland. / Re: What Size Of Plumbing Pipes Are Use For Residential Buildings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.