Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily (26490 Views)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ibkgab001: 5:59am On Jun 23, 2016
There is God oooo

I also got the alert as well

Gtb fall my hand for the first time

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Stemkay: 5:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. N200 was charged for the airtime wch I didn't buy.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Chuksemi(m): 5:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Lol. Banks. Diamond bank has stopped over the counter withdrawals of money less than 50k oh.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Kockane(m): 5:59am On Jun 23, 2016
Not like I'm a Gtb spokesperson or anything o, but from what I was made to understand, these amounts were blocked on the affected individuals accounts from the points when the airtime purchases were made but never debited. And this dates to as far back as over a year ago.

What this means is, even though the customer cannot have access to the funds, it's been in their account all this while and only now did the debit take place even though they already got value for their money at the point of transaction.

And for those who are experiencing a negative balance after the debit, calm down folks, and check your account balances after a few hrs, the block on the funds on your account will have been removed and account balance back to what it should be.

And folks, should you need further clarifications after this, you might want to request for your account statement, you would realize what I just explained. No way a bank as responsible as GTB would mindlessly debit you for a transaction you never initiated. All the best.

#TeamWeLoveGTB. kiss

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by khadaffi(m): 6:01am On Jun 23, 2016
I was also charged 100 naira twice. I tried understanding how this could happen. In the end I just had to leave it because I couldn't believe this could be deliberate on their part plus the money was small. But if this is now their character then its worrisome
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by JAZES(m): 6:01am On Jun 23, 2016
na wa o, with so much corroboration- GT bank had better do something fast to save their brand.
Abeg make i go check my own...lol
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by townplanner(m): 6:02am On Jun 23, 2016
Same here.......we need to report to the appropriate authorities. Iranu- Abacha

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by wilcox(m): 6:02am On Jun 23, 2016
I have had same experience with my bank(elephant logo) you make an online purchase and your account is debited but the line for which you made the purchase is not credited, yet we are making a whole lot of noise about Internet banking, online transactions and cashless society.
The question now is, how will this work effectively and be of benefits to the end users when the service provider (banks) are not up and running in providing this service?
You have an issue with your account, the will tell you it will take 15 working days to get it fixed.

4 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by kinstinct(m): 6:03am On Jun 23, 2016
@OP,
Yours us small. Mine was N8,000 in 3 messages to extent my balance went negative. One message was for a transaction in December 2015.
I however think they are just delayed debits.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ibkgab001: 6:03am On Jun 23, 2016
Nope the number they claimed to have sent the airtime to is my phone number

This is not the work of hackers, it's gtb staff in the beat make

4 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by adeade2016: 6:05am On Jun 23, 2016
The same here,let use this medium to come together to fight this injustice first step get your statement not the deduction need 1000 people to sign up with me as am ready to go to court but we must establishe the fact let make them pay contact me on 08153014697 or mail aderamat2006@gmail.com
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Adesiji77: 6:06am On Jun 23, 2016
townplanner:
Same here.......we need to report to the appropriate authorities. Iranu- Abacha
Also @mayor2013, shakol91

Guys, why don't you hide your phone numbers?

Send a mail to complaints@gtbank.com

Thank me later smiley
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by kcpumpin068(m): 6:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Mine was 500naira still thinking when such transaction happened seriously am becoming worried of our banks.... Seems they are not real....

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by wilcox(m): 6:07am On Jun 23, 2016
khadaffi:
I was also charged 100 naira twice. I tried understanding how this could happen. In the end I just had to leave it because I couldn't believe this could be deliberate on their part plus the money was small. But if this is now their character then its worrisome
Guy 100 naira is small when it is only you, but very big when it is done many account holders that initiate such transactions, so don't keep quiet, keep saying it, don't stop talking until the wrong is corrected.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by MabraO: 6:09am On Jun 23, 2016
All thanks to access bank
The other day I made a complaint here nd their md saw it nd directed one of their staff to call me nd rectify the issue I complained about nd alas it was done. That's image saving
Access bank I throway salute

It is good to bank with a bank that the owner isn't a criminal
Example of criminal banks are:

United Bank for Africa(UBA)
First Bank of Nig Plc
Guaranty Trust bank

Dey steal ur money nd tell u to go to hell
I wonder y Dey still ve their license
Nd y people still bank with dem
Bunch of criminals
I pity their staff working for criminals nd Dey say Dey ve legit job.. Theif people

6 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by OMOTOWO(m): 6:09am On Jun 23, 2016
GTB is a scam bank.The bank scammed me of #480 early this month claiming it is for sms charge for the month of may.How come will I receive 120 sms in a month?sms is 4 naira per message...Yesterday,they sent a message to me that I purchase airtime of #100 which I never did.Last month also,they debited someone close to me #650 for no reason.The funniest part of their *737# service is that even if you purchase airtime with their "737*amonunt# platform,thry will charge for sms when they debit your account and still charge u for the sms the network provider send to you for your recharge notification.I was thinking that bank is the best until I begin to notice their pilfery behaviour.They charge me #65 immediately I withdraw money from other bank when CBaN already regulated that #65 should be charged should you use other ATM to withdraw three times in a month.That bank should be sanctioned and that *737# should be cancelled if possible.That yeye bank will also charge you #10 if you use their *737*6*1# to check your balance.And sometimes when someone deposit or transfer money to you,your credit alert sms will not even show your correct balance.Sometimes,it will read negative balance.Very soon,i will close my account with them before they send me back to village.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by tessy1002: 6:10am On Jun 23, 2016
They did the same for me on 20th June, 2016. 400 and 200 airtime.i think dey r network is malfunction
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 23, 2016
They deducted 400 from my account yesterday for airtime I did not request for and they didn't even give me the airtime!

Wetin dey happen for Naija? This one na fraud o

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by OMOTOWO(m): 6:13am On Jun 23, 2016
GTB is a scam bank.The bank scammed me of #480 early this month claiming it is for sms charge for the month of may.How come will I receive 120 sms in a month?sms is 4 naira per message...Yesterday,they sent a message to me that I purchase airtime of #100 which I never did.Last month also,they debited someone close to me #650 for no reason.The funniest part of their *737# service is that even if you purchase airtime with their "737*amonunt# platform,thry will charge for sms when they debit your account and still charge u for the sms the network provider send to you for your recharge notification.I was thinking that bank is the best until I begin to notice their pilfery behaviour.They charge me #65 immediately I withdraw money from other bank when CBaN already regulated that #65 should be charged should you use other ATM to withdraw three times in a month.That bank should be sanctioned and that *737# should be cancelled if possible.That yeye bank will also charge you #10 if you use their *737*6*1# to check your balance.And sometimes when someone deposit or transfer money to you,your credit alert sms will not even show your correct balance.Sometimes,it will read negative balance.Very soon,i will close my account with them before they send me back to village.T hat bank should be closed by CBN.they are thieves in that bank.May God punish their top hierachy for messing around with my hard-earned money.This bank have been duping me for long but I think it is high time CBN look into their activities because if this does not happen,most of their customers will wake up one good day to see our account read zero or negative balance or how on earth will my account read minus(-)when I didn't get a loan from you or I am running a current account with you wey no be sey I neglect..abeg pardon my grammar,inu n bi mi gan..

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Miles300: 6:14am On Jun 23, 2016
Same here 1k was deducted from my account yesterday , had to gtconnect and ask why would I be charged for wat I didn't purchased and it was reversed back to my account .. Nigerian banks are the most fraudulent and profitable banks in the world . No regulation at all , they temper with people acct at there own will and we are at there mercy .

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 6:15am On Jun 23, 2016
I stop using gtb because they debit you anyhow especially to sms charge and charge to other customers as they claimed. Access bank is the best for now.
This is nothing else but big scam plan.. You deliberately scammed all of your customers with the airtime debit. I was charged 200naira too. And first time my account enters negative balance. Crazy people

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by eniobanke101(m): 6:15am On Jun 23, 2016
Guys,let us take this issue to twitter,our voices must be heard,this little things we ignored in this country aint helping us getting it right

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by umaryusuf(m): 6:16am On Jun 23, 2016
There online system is malfunctioning as of recent times.

My Internet banking access was blocked due to this malfunctioning.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by StealthyMe(m): 6:16am On Jun 23, 2016
Take the campaign to their twitter handle...it'll get thrashed out
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by kingthreat(m): 6:17am On Jun 23, 2016
Something must be wrong with their system. I was debited for N1000 yesterday too
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by DaBullIT(m): 6:17am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud

Thank your stars , i use Skye app for transactions , gifting friends, paying bills ,e.t.c Planned surprise birthday cake for someone , transferred 25K to mum feeling like a boss , A few mins later i got a call from mum saying i sent 50K ,twice ! I was debited twice and never got an alert or email to that effect until a day or two later , then i realized expenses in excess of 500k budget has a balance of 120 .

My point being at clubs i pay with tf , at bars i pay with tf , at hotels i pay with tf i rarely check balance or alerts because i believe it's there , so now my dilemma is where do i start from ? if i manage to print account statement and find those double payments, will i get any refund ?? and if so , whose fault is it in the first place is it skye's or mine ?

I am still conflicted within myself and there's no way anyone's going to want to refund money at this current economy

So consider yourself lucky
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by iliyande(m): 6:18am On Jun 23, 2016
RichDad1:
Diamond bank is going same thing.
Whenever I ty to recharge my etisalat, I'll get debited and wnot receive the airtime. angry

That's very simple. Email them with the transaction details
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ayguru: 6:18am On Jun 23, 2016
Taeewo:
I was charged 100 also...
y u dey cover ur account balance?
Make we no see d last 500naira balance for there abi?

3 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Laredojohn(m): 6:18am On Jun 23, 2016
I got same too...Gtb what's wrong
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 6:19am On Jun 23, 2016
it happened to me too ooo.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by LegendaryArnold(m): 6:19am On Jun 23, 2016
Since that dude pestered my life to open an account with GTB back then in school till now, I haven't bothered to even find out my account number. I won't forgive them for swallowing my Firstbank ATM card! angry angry angry ....funny enough, another person successfully used that same ATM right in front of me.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ckmayoca: 6:20am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:

What actually happened in your case

Mine waas 1000 saying for airtime bought on 6th of april.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Has My Access Bank Account Been Hacked? / CBN Extends Stamp Duty Collection To Savings Accounts / First Bank Is The Most Unreliable Bank In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.