Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily (26502 Views)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by pode(m): 6:20am On Jun 23, 2016
It called free charge
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2016
Happened to me too
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ckmayoca: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2016
kingthreat:
Something must be wrong with their system. I was debited for N1000 yesterday too

1k here also.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by sweet4(f): 6:21am On Jun 23, 2016
You don't need to advertise for Access alone,why not add CBN .Criminal Banks nko fraudulent banks ni.
MabraO:
All thanks to access bank
The other day I made a complaint here nd their md saw it nd directed one of their staff to call me nd rectify the issue I complained about nd alas it was done. That's image saving
Access bank I throway salute

It is good to bank with a bank that the owner isn't a criminal
Example of criminal banks are:

UBA
First Bank of Nig Plc
Guaranty Trust bank

Dey steal ur money nd tell u to go to hell
I wonder y Dey still ve their license
Nd y people still bank with dem
Bunch of criminals
I pity their staff working for criminals nd Dey say Dey ve legit job.. Theif people
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by anyicash(m): 6:22am On Jun 23, 2016
GTBank in trouble, set to loose more customers.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Dekmankind(m): 6:24am On Jun 23, 2016
Description : Airtime Purchase
Amount : 500.00
Value Date : 16-Jun-2016
Remarks : USSD-101CT00000000001
Time of Transaction : 8:40 AM
Document Number : 0

The balances on this account as at 8:41 AM are as follows;
Current Balance
:
10,208.26 Naira
Available Balance
:
9,908.26 Naira
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by sweet4(f): 6:24am On Jun 23, 2016
Have you tried to visit their customer service desk?Blaming them here won't help you one bit
OMOTOWO:
GTB is a scam bank.The bank scammed me of #480 early this month claiming it is for sms charge for the month of may.How come will I receive 120 sms in a month?sms is 4 naira per message...Yesterday,they sent a message to me that I purchase airtime of #100 which I never did.Last month also,they debited someone close to me #650 for no reason.The funniest part of their *737# service is that even if you purchase airtime with their "737*amonunt# platform,thry will charge for sms when they debit your account and still charge u for the sms the network provider send to you for your recharge notification.I was thinking that bank is the best until I begin to notice their pilfery behaviour.They charge me #65 immediately I withdraw money from other bank when CBaN already regulated that #65 should be charged should you use other ATM to withdraw three times in a month.That bank should be sanctioned and that *737# should be cancelled if possible.That yeye bank will also charge you #10 if you use their *737*6*1# to check your balance.And sometimes when someone deposit or transfer money to you,your credit alert sms will not even show your correct balance.Sometimes,it will read negative balance.Very soon,i will close my account with them before they send me back to village.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Latty88(f): 6:27am On Jun 23, 2016
Same thing happened to me too. GTB need to stop this madness

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by lumimuyiwaa(m): 6:28am On Jun 23, 2016
I got three debit alerts on a roll... 500 naira, 200 naira and one hundred naira... I was wondering..... I had not bought airtime in a long time off my acct.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Zehner(f): 6:28am On Jun 23, 2016
Interestingly my friend was complaining of how they debited N8012 naira from her account over a month ago. When she called she was told it was debit from credit request accumulated and she said even if she had requested up to 8000 where did the 12 naira come from. That she didnt request anything. My people till today them no refund her money o. Me i am getting scared o, my Gt account is my main account. I no got shout, time to port to another bank.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Isryl02(m): 6:28am On Jun 23, 2016
Got the same transaction alert too, when I didn't purchase any airtym angry
GTB why
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by bennieman: 6:29am On Jun 23, 2016
I also received the same debit for airtime purchase amounting to 4,500. However, I noticed that sometime in April, I made airtime purchases amounting to a total of 4,500, I got value for the airtime and my account was not debited. I only noticed a reduction in my available balance while my current balance remained the same. This means that the value for the transaction was blocked from my current balance.

On Tuesday, I was debited for a total of 4,500 and I did not bother since I was already aware of the transaction but what got me worried was that my available balance reduced which was not supposed to be since the 4,500 had been blocked and I expected them to take the money from there. However, when I checked my balance yesterday, I noticed that the blocked money had been released and my balance returned to its normal status.

So, based on my experience, I think that what simply happened was a delayed debit for transactions you had performed earlier and the blocked money was not released immediately. All of you that had issues should try and check your balances on the next day and I am sure that your balance must have been restored to its normal state.

I strongly doubt that this is a case of fraud because we also received mails to the effect that our accounts will be debited for successful airtime purchases that we had not been charged for.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by OMOTOWO(m): 6:29am On Jun 23, 2016
Another thing I notice with that yeye bank wey go soon close up is that last month,i went to withdraw and immediately after withdrawal from their bank ATM which is located outside their bank,i tried to remove my card and the ATM asked me to remove my card.Could you believe this stupid machine did not bring out my card despite asking me to remove my card and as a result of this,my card was retained in the bank.I went inside the bank to tell them and I was told I should come that same day that the person in charge of the ATM was not around.I went back to work and returned the following day to the news that it is over 24 hours that my card was retained by the ATM and by so doing,a no fit get my card back and that I needed to apply for another one.lo and behold,i applied and they debited me again..in fact,m ay it never be well with that bank ...na on top my head they wan open shop..that very day,at least six customers said the same thing that the ATM retained their card and were asked to re-apply for another one and m sure we will be more than that...I am closing my account today by God grace.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by MrCasper: 6:29am On Jun 23, 2016
They deducted 200naira from my account yesterday for airtime I never purchased.....funny enough, I cleared d account as its not in use for now. now I'm owing them as d account balance is now negative. For card I did not purchase.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Dekmankind(m): 6:30am On Jun 23, 2016
I got the above notification when I bought 500 naira airtime. I wrote a complain immediately and no body responded. Where on earth is 10,208.26 - 500 = 9,208.26??
Is that mathematics correct? Even literature students will mark that wrong.

Dekmankind:
Description : Airtime Purchase
Amount : 500.00
Value Date : 16-Jun-2016
Remarks : USSD-101CT00000000001
Time of Transaction : 8:40 AM
Document Number : 0

The balances on this account as at 8:41 AM are as follows;
Current Balance
:
10,208.26 Naira
Available Balance
:
9,908.26 Naira
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by itsmayiela(m): 6:31am On Jun 23, 2016
I am in tears as i type this complaint arising from the daylight robbery made by GTBank. They debited me for a whopping sum of N800 for airtime that was never given to me.

This is a very serious case and it is further worsening our already deprived economic condition. GTBank has finally joined the League of Rogues.

Edited:
They have reversed mine. You guys should go back to check your account balance. Dem get luck sha, we for de-market them.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by MabraO: 6:32am On Jun 23, 2016
sweet4:
You don't need to advertise for Access alone,why not add CBN .Criminal Banks nko fraudulent banks ni.

I don't do CBN who bank with CBN?
Access bank really surprised me one if their staff told me this sometimes ago but I didn't believe until 2days ago after my complaint

I believe GTB, UBA, first bank got staffs nd their MDs here they can see what they making their customers go through
These banks fail to realize that without customers money they got no service to render
If I don't keep my money in ur bank u got no biz being operational.
U tell me to keep my money with u that it is safe yet u got behind me to steal my money
They worst than criminals that burgle homes to steal..

All those banks I mentioned una be big theif nd I will continue to say it anytime any day
Awon criminals oshi
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by TDonald: 6:32am On Jun 23, 2016
Taeewo:
I was charged 100 also...

OLANIPEKUN TAIWO RAHMAN

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by 2tek: 6:33am On Jun 23, 2016
solution: open a DYA(diamond Yello account) or any such account and recharge ur phne tru it without any deductions.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Nobody: 6:34am On Jun 23, 2016
Miles300:
Same here 1k was deducted from my account yesterday , had to gtconnect and ask why would I be charged for wat I didn't purchased and it was reversed back to my account .. Nigerian banks are the most fraudulent and profitable banks in the world . No regulation at all , they temper with people acct at there own will and we are at there mercy .

1k was deducted from my account too yesterday, how would I contact gtconnect?
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by happney65: 6:36am On Jun 23, 2016
Me,I got debited 1Billion Naira..Infact Buhari must hear about this..Believe this at your own Peril.. grin omolola15
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by OMOTOWO(m): 6:36am On Jun 23, 2016
sweet4:
Have you tried to visit their customer service desk?Blaming them here won't help you one bit
so you think I can stand GTB queue? I have called them but na story...
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by sammyenergy(m): 6:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Was debited too 200,200,100,200. Dis is not funny ooo
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by femyodsky(m): 6:37am On Jun 23, 2016
Same thing happened to me early this month. A total of 1k was deducted from my account and I had to mail them and it was credited back within 24hrs.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Einl(m): 6:38am On Jun 23, 2016
The same una where de complain go still say GTB na the best bank. Other banks go offer you better deal but una go insist on GTB because na them get the shiniest logo. OK na. Stay and suffer.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by omonighoblessing(f): 6:38am On Jun 23, 2016
mayor2013:
I received an email from Gtbank on 19th of june 2016, 2.30pm to be precise stating that my account would be debited for 200 naira for an airtime recharge that took place on 31st of December, 2015. I never took this serious as I was busy as at when the email came in. As I write now I got an email for debit of 200 naira 3 times and another 100 naira. When I called Gtconnect all I was told its a block that was set aside, but this was contrary to the email i got on the 16th of june 2016. Am used to the *737# way of buying airtime from my account and countless of times have I been debited and in the end no airtime was credited to my phone account

Questions begging for answers:

1)Is Gtbank's network system malfunctioning?

2) for the airtime transactions that I made and I wasn't credited why was the money not refunded immediately or set aside as a block

3) why would I recieve a debit alert for 4 different transactions?

Am beginning to see Gtbank as a big fraud, I wish the mods do the needful by putting this on front page so that every Gtbank account holder can learn from this fraudulent activity going on in Gtbank. Attached below are screen shots of the emails I got from Gtbank
gtbank isn't a fraud dear....I just think something is wrong with their system somewhere somehow....maybe you can write to the MD segun agbaje for him to look critically into it.
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by lawsbanks: 6:41am On Jun 23, 2016
Same thing with my account
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Dadmos(m): 6:41am On Jun 23, 2016
Same here. #600 (400+100+100) was deducted from mine yesterday. My lawyer wld have to contact GTBank. Big fraud!!! : undecided

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by dayus12(f): 6:47am On Jun 23, 2016
My colleague told me yesterday that they debited 3000N from his acct.I actually didnt take him serious....Gtb needs to explain this.....

1 Like

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Onegai(f): 6:47am On Jun 23, 2016
If you are all serious, look for a lawyer amongst you, gather enough evidence and petition for a class-action suit against GTB. Make sure you publicize the fact that you are suing them as a group of people who have been hurt and why to several social media sites. I guarantee you before the end of the week, they will fix it and refund monies. You all have enough evidence, no matter how big their lawyers are, they won't want this to go to court. Chances of things ending in their favour and a case dismissal is low. And the PR will be awful for them so anything to make it go away, they will return your money before they get sanctioned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by ucheHapers(m): 6:48am On Jun 23, 2016
Please grow up...

gidimasters:
is it by force to transact with them other banks are there ogbeni
Re: Gtbank Is A Fraud!!! Charging My Account Unnecessarily by Isryl02(m): 6:49am On Jun 23, 2016
omonighoblessing:
gtbank isn't a fraud dear....I just think something is wrong with their system somewhere somehow....maybe you can write to the MD segun agbaje for him to look critically into it.
why are they not crediting people then, pls stop defending mediocrity

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FCMB Has Refused To Lift Restrictions On My Account After Doing KYC / “How Linda Ikeji Makes Millions Blogging” – [YES Magazine Interview] / Shoprite Nigeria Warns Against Internet Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.