Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,669 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! (8542 Views)

Nokia Care (service Centre) Locations Nigeria. / Nokia Care @ Nigeria: / List Of Addresses Or Phone Numbers Of Nokia Care/repair Centres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by drklump(m): 7:45am On Sep 02, 2009
My beloved N73ME developed a fault last month and i needed to get it fixed. Having seen the adverts and hype about Nokia care present in Nigeria, i decided to go there and have the phone fixed there (not minding that it will be expensive)

My first hurdle was sneaking out of the office during working hours for the trip. First stop was the NOKIA office in VI. The front desk lady took one look at the phone and made the decision that i go to their office in Ikeja. Humble me thinking it was for the good of my phone did not think twice of the trip.

Reaching the Ikeja office, i waited patiently on a queue till i was attended to by a customer care executive. It was decided that my phone casing with keypad will be changed. A form was filled out and i was told to come back 10 working days from that day - 13th August. Meaning i should come back on the 27th.

Patiently  i waited with no doubt in my mind that i will get my phone back on the appointed day. I let a day pass and called the center on Friday the 28th to confirm i could come pick up my phone. That's where the whole drama started.

A lady picked up the phone and rudely informed me that they were having systems failure and hence could not check the status of my phone. I asked her if  i could call back later in the day or the next day and she just said ", check back next week" I was like isnt that too long and she went ",  isn't it just three days?" - no apology about the delay or the inconvenience i was going through.

Patient me let sleeping dogs lie and decided to call back Monday. Same rude lady picked up the phone on the 5th attempt (it was ringing with no answer) and said i should call back in 30mins. Did that and she was like she hadn't checked, call back in 1hr.

Called her back in one hour and she simply said ", your phone is not ready" You can imagine the anger i was feeling at that point. My query as to when it will be ready was answered with ", how will i know? i am not the one fixing it"

For customer service, that is the height of irresponsibility. My next action was to go online looking for their email address to send a nasty note. Did not get that but ended up seeing a contact nokia button on their main site - www.nokia.com

Would you believe 30mins later i got a reply to my complaint and was asked to provide the details of what happened. Talk about people who care about their business.

Next morning a customer service officer from the Middle East covering their ME and Africa region is on the phone apologizing in person and promising to update me as they make their investigations.

Why can't things work out like that in Nigeria My brothers and sisters why

ps: this is the second of September, my phone is still stuck in Ikeja!!!!
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by dragnet: 8:24am On Sep 02, 2009
I feel ur plight bt . . .u culd've laid a complaint about the phone here 1st & I culd've fixed it under 48hrs !. . . .
Check this. . .

GTay:

This is the best phone i have ever used, trust me the pictures from this phone are clearer/sharper than those from my digital camera at times.
I also loaded nokia maps for nigeria recently  grin
My problem now is i would like to change the phone casing, not sure if its somethin i can do myself, went to nokia service center in v.i and was told it would cost N6500 for the front casing alone  angry. was also told it would take 5 workin days, whaaaaaaaat! lipsrsealed

GTay:

Thanks dragnet m adding you to IM straightaway, catch ya online!

. .
. .
I wonder what wuld've happend to his too if he took it there?! . . . I fixed it under 48hrz & even at a cheaper deal !. . . I later went to nokia care Ikeja to get him a battery but they didnt have undecided . .imagine that?
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by vicshownero(m): 8:29am On Sep 02, 2009
Ha,i just took my e51 there yesterday for software upgrade and mouthpiece,bt mine is still under warranty,so its free,i hope i wont encounter all dis o,bt i didnt kolect their number,can u pls drop their number,so that i will call them b4 going there.bt am told to cme back after 7 working days.o lord,i pray nothing bad should happen,any way if any thing happen it means am taking back home a brand new e51.coz its stil unda warranty.
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by vicshownero(m): 8:31am On Sep 02, 2009
Ha,i just took my e51 there yesterday for software upgrade and mouthpiece,bt mine is still under warranty,so its free,i hope i wont encounter all dis o,bt i didnt kolect their number,can u pls drop their number,so that i will call them b4 going there.bt am told to cme back after 7 working days.o lord,i pray nothing bad should happen,any way if any thing happen it means am taking back home a brand new e51.coz its stil unda warranty.
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by dragnet: 8:44am On Sep 02, 2009
Vic, Have faith. . .d worst dat wuld happen is dat u'd get a brand new 1 since u're under warranty as u say !
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by Djmoe: 9:15am On Sep 02, 2009
Like I took my N93 to chnge the casing, they told me it cost 16,000 and to fix my 3G camera too would be 6,000 wic will amount to 22,000 naira
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by dragnet: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2009
Moe, hw many days dem giv u? . .lemme guess, dat ya own go take 50 working days ! . . .lol cheesy
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by lynxnoon(m): 8:48am On Sep 03, 2009
@poster
u may hv just cost som1 her job oh!! grin grin(which is very good cos dere too much incompetence in dis country angry)

@dragnet
hw far? pls hw much wil it cost me to change d casing n screen of a nokia 6120classic? dose crazy nokia pple @ ikeja r not it AT ALL!!
cheers
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by drklump(m): 8:59am On Sep 03, 2009
@lynxnoon: i tried my best to be patient but she kept giving me that attitude typical of insensitive ppl. My phone is still not back by the way!!!!!
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by dragnet: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2009
Lynx, replacing d screen & casing wuld cost N6000 but what exactly happend to the former lcd? . .shatterd?
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by lynxnoon(m): 11:54am On Sep 03, 2009
@dr klump
Dnt wory am sure dey wil treat ur case wit special care

1 Like

Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by lynxnoon(m): 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2009
@dragnet
6k,,,,,hmmmm u'll giv me discount wen am redy oh!! Evrytin about d fone is ok its jst dat d screen is peelin off along wit d body
By d way, do u hv any idea hw much a 3G modem on exprescard slot(not USB oh) wud cost & where 2 get it in lag? I want 2 stop using my fone as a modem
Tnx
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by dragnet: 12:23pm On Sep 03, 2009
No qualms wink
prof shuld be in a better position to give u info abt d card
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by lynxnoon(m): 1:12pm On Sep 03, 2009
ok tnx
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by vicshownero(m): 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2009
Dis is the 3rd week that my phone has been strucked in dt nokia centre,and am stil ask to wait,oh my God who is going to save me frm dis palava.
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by Nobody: 1:48am On Sep 14, 2009
[color=#990000][/color]

Hi everyone, I do not like the topic of this discussion. It could have been NOKIA CARE SHOP IKEJA- A SHAME.

I understand Dr Klump's plight. My Nokia 6300 which I bought on July 1,2009 from SLOT SYSTEMS LTD, Ikeja could not detect a network on August 26, 2009. I PERSONALLY switched off the phone with the aim of putting it on later. I later discovered It wouldnt switch on again. Even to charge it, no response. If you are familiar with Nokia 6300, it has blue lamps that flash lights by the side when you have an unread sms or missed call. The lights will permanently switch on if I try charging it.

My phone switched on on 2 different occassions but still wouldn't detect any network after changing the sims twice to Glo and Zain. I therefore decided to take it back to SLOT SYSTEMS. On getting there, their Engineers( SLOT ENGINEERS) referred me to Nokia Care just across the bridge which I did. Note the said date is Aug 27.

I got there, filled their pathetic form and I heard; COME BACK IN 7 WORKING DAYS. Even though my phone is still under waranty. I chilled as a hypertech guy, no long thing and I left.

I went back on September 7, last week. I tendered their awful teller and the attending lady said bluntly: COME BACK ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY. Godddddddddddd. I felt like slapping the living daylight out of her. No apologies, reasons and whatever. While I was still there, another guy was told the same thing. The guy snapped immediately and I quote him: WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS NOW? THESE 2 PHONES I BROUGHT HERE HAS SPENT ONE MONTH IN YOUR CUSTODY. I WAS ALMOST JAILED LAST WEEK BECAUSE I COULDN'T PROVIDE THE PHONES TO THE OWNERS,DEAD OR ALIVE. The guy was almost weepind and the stupid attendant just swapped her thin arm to the right to go meet the oga there. I didnt know what happened later as I stormed out.

The Friday I was asked to come, I sent my brother to help me get the phone perhaps it would be ready. The same irritating statement was said to him again but this time, with ill reasons: WE ARE STILL TRYING TO DO IT. Its September 14 2009 as I am writing. My Phone Is In That Jail Called NOKIA CARE IKEJA. Please nairalanders, advice me on what to do. I have made up my mind that I will go again this friday and if they tellme the same old story, I will collect my phone.

If a phone is still under waranty and faulty, How can I claim a new one? I bought mine in SLOT SYSTEMS,IKEJA. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by 4peace(m): 3:13am On Sep 14, 2009
Are you guys talking about a owl look like a lady?She is worst.
Note
1.They are not owned directly by nokia.
2.They are third party company from egypt.
3.They don't likes phone under warranty.
4.What they do is try and error.
If your phone have a technical problem google it than go to No-kia center ikeja.
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by Orikenny(m): 7:12am On Sep 14, 2009
@Bantie,if u still av a warranty y not snatch ur phone 4rm dem nokia care people n go 4 a replacement at slot n d last time i checked slot claimed they av a technical service unit @4peace i totally agree on that
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by lynxnoon2: 10:39am On Sep 14, 2009
deres a new nokia experience shop dat i saw around computer village beside zenith bank,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i tink wn dey fully open dose IDIOTS at nokia cara ikeja( beside cash n carry) wil be forced to close dia doors(hopefully undecided)
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by vicshownero(m): 10:39pm On Sep 15, 2009
Since i took my phone to those people,i just they regret y i did it,i even called them on monday,only for one man to tell me that my phone is at abuja,that i should cal back on thur,even God knows that wherever i step my foot in that their shop,i will just request 4 my phone either dead or alive,ha,what a shame,and my phone is stil unda warranty.
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by lynxnoon(m): 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2009
na wah oh!!
i strongly feel dat place is not directly owned by nokia or dey maybe dey just hired a sloppy manager undecided angry
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by dragnet: 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2009
I dont think its just here in Nigeria cuz months back, a friend in south africa said her phone spent 3 months at nokia care just to get a damaged lcd replaced
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by PaypalGod(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2009
Different experience 4 me. Bought my N81 8GB last year. Didnt turn on after a week. Took it to the same ikeja office where i was given a new one in a month's time. The girl at the help desk was very pleasant. Even tipped her after getting the new phone. :-)
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by vicshownero(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2009
I think the best we can do is to report directly to nokia-mail them on-ext-custservice.mena@nokia.com
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by vicshownero(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2009
@dr_klump,have u been able to kolect ur own phone.pls let us knw
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by zaibatsu(m): 12:48am On Sep 18, 2009
Tsk, tsk, you really shoulda fixed it yourself. You do know what I mean don't you.
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by ugonna245(m): 7:44am On Sep 18, 2009
banttieman:

[color=#990000][/color]

Hi everyone, I do not like the topic of this discussion. It could have been NOKIA CARE SHOP IKEJA- A SHAME.

I understand Dr Klump's plight. My Nokia 6300 which I bought on July 1,2009 from SLOT SYSTEMS LTD, Ikeja could not detect a network on August 26, 2009. I PERSONALLY switched off the phone with the aim of putting it on later. I later discovered It wouldnt switch on again. Even to charge it, no response. If you are familiar with Nokia 6300, it has blue lamps that flash lights by the side when you have an unread sms or missed call. The lights will permanently switch on if I try charging it.

My phone switched on on 2 different occassions but still wouldn't detect any network after changing the sims twice to Glo and Zain. I therefore decided to take it back to SLOT SYSTEMS. On getting there, their Engineers( SLOT ENGINEERS) referred me to Nokia Care just across the bridge which I did. Note the said date is Aug 27.

I got there, filled their pathetic form and I heard; COME BACK IN 7 WORKING DAYS. Even though my phone is still under waranty. I chilled as a hypertech guy, no long thing and I left.

I went back on September 7, last week. I tendered their awful teller and the attending lady said bluntly: COME BACK ON THURSDAY OR FRIDAY. Godddddddddddd. I felt like slapping the living daylight out of her. No apologies, reasons and whatever. While I was still there, another guy was told the same thing. The guy snapped immediately and I quote him: WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS NOW? THESE 2 PHONES I BROUGHT HERE HAS SPENT ONE MONTH IN YOUR CUSTODY. I WAS ALMOST JAILED LAST WEEK BECAUSE I COULDN'T PROVIDE THE PHONES TO THE OWNERS,DEAD OR ALIVE. The guy was almost weepind and the stupid attendant just swapped her thin arm to the right to go meet the oga there. I didnt know what happened later as I stormed out.

The Friday I was asked to come, I sent my brother to help me get the phone perhaps it would be ready. The same irritating statement was said to him again but this time, with ill reasons: WE ARE STILL TRYING TO DO IT. Its September 14 2009 as I am writing. My Phone Is In That Jail Called NOKIA CARE IKEJA. Please nairalanders, advice me on what to do. I have made up my mind that I will go again this friday and if they tellme the same old story, I will collect my phone.

If a phone is still under waranty and faulty, How can I claim a new one? I bought mine in SLOT SYSTEMS,IKEJA. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry

Hello house am not trying to make a case for them but the last time I took my wife's Nokia 5310 to the VI office cos the phone screen went blank and it was still under waranty, they repaired it and I got it back b4 10 working days. maybe guys shd try the VI office and not Ikeja.
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by vicshownero(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2009
Haha vi office again,if d ikeja office is nt ready to work cant they close it down
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by sylve11: 6:02pm On Sep 18, 2009
simple! cool
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 19, 2009
You Guys need to be updated.

I was at the crazy Nokia Care Shop Ikeja again on thursday 17/9/2009 and that lady told me to go get my memory card that it might be the cause of my phone's problem and needed to be tested in my phone at ABUJA. That memory card is currently in a Nokia 3110c and it is working perfectly.

Who asked them to take my phone to Abuja? I simply asked them to get me my phone as soon as possible. They are annoying. next week I dont have my phone, I will raid the place and I mean it.
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by busynett: 4:16am On Sep 19, 2009
This is what happens when you have square peg in round hole. Its shouldn't take this long to fix a phone if you have competent hands, right tool and good spares. 
@paypal, I guess the lady that attended to you last yr must have gotten a better offer (job) where she would be more appreciated.
Re: Nokia Care Shop Ikeja - A Disgrace! by lynxnoon(m): 9:49am On Sep 19, 2009
den i ges V.I it is undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

RIM Retreats From Consumer Market After $125M Loss / Blackberry TK Victory Bblade BB Blackberry Empathy BB Porsche Design Iphone4s / Which Network Has The Cheapest Tarriff, Across Nigeria Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.