Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! (80875 Views)

Pictures Of Rain From The Sky / What Will The Sky Look Like If Planets Were As Close To Us As The Moon? / Stone Falls From The Sky In Taraba State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Possibly an asteroid the size of a small car.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by NZAGHA(f): 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Tellemall:

Wow, the skies look beautiful where you are.

Those smoke trails look like the launch of something. Could it possibly be the Nigerian Army at work? The Buhari administration up to something?

Cc: Lalasticlala

grin
NDA's foot print captured. grin
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by k2kay(m): 2:13pm On Jun 22, 2016
Chemtrails....
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Crieff(m): 2:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
papawemba:
Everything is now scarce in Nigeria: Dollar, Tomatoes, Rice, Intelligence, Common Sense and just name it...

And manners is the worst hit.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by aywhy93(m): 2:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
ultraprime:
Strange Occurrence Observed This Morning In Abuja!

Just saw this in the sky this morning. Could it be some sort of missile launch in the sky? Two crisscrossing in the sky. What do you all think?

OMG... As If I already knew someone will post this up on NL. They are 2 Jets that flew in opposite direction this morning, I actually saw the first jet when it was moving and leaving that trail... Few minutes later, the other Jet flew again leaving the other trail. I stay in Kubwa, Abuja and I guess you stay around that side too cuz the pics say so.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by DedeNkem: 2:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
ultraprime:

Just saw this in the sky this morning. Could it be some sort of missile launch in the sky? Two crisscrossing in the sky. What do you all think?

Those white streaks were left behind by a plane and they are actually artificial clouds. They're called contrails, which is a shortened version of the phrase condensation trail. Airplane engines produce exhaust, just like car engines do.

As hot exhaust gases escape from a plane, the water vapor in the fumes hits the air. At heights of 26,000 feet or more, the air is extremely cold (sometimes more than -40° F!). The cold air causes the water vapor to condense.

This means the water vapor gases turn into tiny water droplets or even freeze into tiny ice crystals before eventually evaporating. This condensed water vapor and mixture of ice crystals make up the cloud-like trails you see in the sky.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by mrZENographer: 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
cheesy smiley cry kiss[img][/img] shocked cool

Those are chemtrails. They are used to manipulate the weather. It is hazardous to humans and ecosystem in the long term. BUHARI WHY BUHARI WHY
Has buhari signed the chemtrail agreement policy?

aywhy93 k2kay DeDeNkem ultraPrime Tellemall Jaycool18 Bigtt76 sheunsheun papawemba megareal
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by gbens2000(m): 2:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
maxzzo1:

What fear can cause....
the world is in time were u just expect anything anytime
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by tdayof(m): 2:45pm On Jun 22, 2016
idupaul:

Please let's learn not to make comments on stuff we know we know nothing about ..no be only supersonic sir
and you should learn to quote on what you know alone. Now tell me how a subsonic aircraft will leave such trail when it's not conducting an Air drill.
That sign is most likely left by a military plane.
Leaving a contrail at such altitude in Abuja by a subsonic aircraft is unlikely.

The contrail is of one line, meaning a jet with one engine left such thing. That's definitely a military aircraft .
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by bigiyaro(m): 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dats d trail of the missile lunched at aso rock, by NDA jst watch n listen, u'll soon hear the explosion.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by BumbleBee2ice(f): 2:48pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dis is a trail left by an aircraft, i see dis evrytym so i dnt consider it a rare occurrence.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by bigtt76(f): 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
The trajectory seen is as a result of the viewing angle from where the pix were taken undecided

Zhirinovsky:
The trajectory doesn't look like that of any commercial aircraft
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by bigtt76(f): 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
Shei na on top the rain wen fall yesterday dem go sign agreement put? Issorite o!

mrZENographer:

Those are chemtrails. They are used to manipulate the weather. It is hazardous to humans and ecosystem in the long term. BUHARI WHY BUHARI WHY

aywhy93 k2kay DeDeNkem ultraPrime Tellemall Jaycool18 Bigtt76 sheunsheun papawemba megareal
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by fablani(m): 2:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
is just two rockets that passed this morning. I saw them when they were passing. it was not up to 3mins after the first one passed and the other one crossed it. reporting from the scene of the incident #winks#
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by lexyclasy: 3:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
ultraprime:

is that ABUJA or suburb....instead to say you observe that rocket propelled traces at LOKOJA or KEFFI or SULEJA you said ABUJA.....keep deceiving yourself picture sspeaks volume
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Rocket ke?
Last I checked,rockets move vertically and their destination is space.
If you're talking of missile.. then it can't be.... because missiles don't leave trail smoke

It's just an aircraft
Okay, thanks.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by 9inches(m): 3:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
Tellemall:

Wow, the skies look beautiful where you are.

Those smoke trails look like the launch of something. Could it possibly be the Nigerian Army at work? The Buhari administration up to something?

Cc: Lalasticlala

grin

The General is prepping for the "Final Solution to the BIAFRA Question"? lipsrsealed
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by bomsilaga(m): 3:17pm On Jun 22, 2016
I saw it from the beginning. It's just a trail smoke from a passenger plane.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by bomsilaga(m): 3:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
lexyclasy:
is that ABUJA or suburb....instead to say you observe that rocket propelled traces at LOKOJA or KEFFI or SULEJA you said ABUJA.....keep deceiving yourself picture sspeaks volume
That's abuja please and too much bile in your posts.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by bomsilaga(m): 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
fablani:
is just two rockets that passed this morning. I saw them when they were passing. it was not up to 3mins after the first one passed and the other one crossed it. reporting from the scene of the incident #winks#
Rockets? Haba, if I didn't see the plane, I won't even believe this. It was definitely an Aerocontractor passenger plane
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by jaafree: 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2016
Aircraft smokes!!! That's why its always good to be a scientist you can easily use your brain to reason minor things as this.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by nemadfsyahooc: 3:39pm On Jun 22, 2016
this just an ordinary fume from a jet whose engine has worn out and needs ringing, i beg i dey ring engine ooo, bring this jet to my mechanic workshop lol
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by queletter(m): 3:49pm On Jun 22, 2016
so a plane cant fly again without people vexing and suppose the pilot is revving the accelerator to impress a chic he saw walking by and pressing horn at the same time ... is it a bad thing.. .... okay oo... dat was efizzy galore.

d chic must have ben impressed
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by sheunsheun(m): 3:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
mrZENographer:

Boss you are right, i tried making some research on the subject "Chemstrail" and judging from what i read and pictorial evidences, it was same aircraft i saw this morning.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Dejideji1(m): 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
How did this make it to FP? Ordinary fumes from jet engines. What i see frequently @my area.
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Osakah24(m): 4:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
ultraprime:

Op do you live in kubwa?. I saw it too around 8 in the morning, seems it's an airjet
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by sourcebaba: 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
Which kind pikin be dis... angry angry

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by queletter(m): 4:22pm On Jun 22, 2016
evidence that the X-MEN do exists
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Zhirinovsky: 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2016
Yea I understand, but I tilted my phone to balance that out but its still doesn't fit in. Maybe the air current altered it a bit
bigtt76:
The trajectory seen is as a result of the viewing angle from where the pix were taken undecided

Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Jaycool18(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
bigtt76:
Shei na on top the rain wen fall yesterday dem go sign agreement put? Issorite o!

lol
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=Leoswaggs post=46813471]Na one of d angels..naso dea mess dey be[lol, this is d funniest comment av seen in 2016, hahaha hi hi hi quiquiqui yum yum yum ]
Re: What I Saw In The Sky This Morning In Abuja! by tayo200(m): 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2016
na aeroplane smoke nw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inside Unhatched Egg Of Dinosaur That Lived In Argentina 80 Million Yrs Ago (Pix / Two Big Cats Killed In My Bedroom After They Engaged In Serious Fight / Big Whale Killed In Ilaje, Ondo State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.