Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,033 members, 7,807,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? (4516 Views)

Mtn's New Limit To The Midnight Plan / Mtn N25 Night Plan Not Working / MTN N25 500mb Is A Scam!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by kingsamm(m): 3:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
A few weeks ago when the data plan war was at its peak, MTN launched a midnight plan that gives subscribers 500mb for just N25. This data plan was generally accepted by people that love browsing at night(including me).

Fast forward to yesterday, I found out that a new season of a movie that I watch(Orange Is The New Black) had just premiered and I couldn't wait for 12:00am so I could download it using the beloved MTN midnight plan because I didn't want to waste my all-day data plan.

The much awaited time reached and I hurriedly subscribed to the midnight plan and it was successfully activated. However to my amazement, nothing was going... Not even ordinary Facebook.
I decided to wait for a bit thinking maybe the clock at MTN's HQ was wrong.
Ten minutes passed... Nothing
One hour later... Nothing
Two hours..... Nothing

I just gave up jare.....My N25 just wasted like that.. Lol

Later in the day, I was talking with a friend that uses the midnight plan on a daily and he said he had been experiencing the same thing for days now.

I had already forgotten about this issue until this morning when I saw a message on whatsapp from one of the group members then I realized that this is actually a general issue.

Have you used MTN's midnight plan in the past few days, did you experience any hiccups?

source - http://www.naijatechs.com/2016/06/mtn-n25-midnight-plan-not-working.html
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by GenOkojie(m): 4:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
Please how can I join the whatsapp group chat of naira land
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
Chai
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by krozay(m): 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2016
It has been working wella
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by GenOkojie(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2016
Not really.. . Haven't tried it For some time now. Please how can I join the whatsapp group chat of naira land
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Ligxy(f): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
kingsamm:
A few weeks ago when the data plan war was at its peak, MTN launched a midnight plan that gives subscribers 500mb for just N25. This data plan was generally accepted by people that love browsing at night(including me).

Fast forward to yesterday, I found out that a new season of a movie that I watch(Orange Is The New Black) had just premiered and I couldn't wait for 12:00am so I could download it using the beloved MTN midnight plan because I didn't want to waste my all-day data plan.

The much awaited time reached and I hurriedly subscribed to the midnight plan and it was successfully activated. However to my amazement, nothing was going... Not even ordinary Facebook.
Two hours..... Nothing

Later in the day, I was talking with a friend that uses the midnight plan on a daily and he said he had been experiencing the same thing for days now.

I had already forgotten about this issue until this morning when I saw a message on whatsapp from one of the group members then I realized that this is actually a general issue.

Have you used MTN's midnight plan in the past few days, did you exprrience any hiccups?

source - http://www.naijatechs.com/2016/06/mtn-n25-midnight-plan-not-working.html
It happened to me too. I just connected to hotspot and downloaded with my laptop. Very fast. But it refused to work on my mobile phone. Strange but true.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by blayde(m): 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
Mine worked flawlessly yesternight.
U shuld have switched off ur phone,remove d sim and put it back again. Better still change ya proxy port to 127.0.0.1

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Thobiy(m): 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2016
krozay:
It has been working wella
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by kingsamm(m): 11:24pm On Jun 22, 2016
Ligxy:

It happened to me too. I just connected to hotspot and downloaded with my laptop. Very fast. But it refused to work on my mobile phone. Strange but true.
Hmm.... I'll try that...
Thanks for the tip
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Nasri100(m): 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
Used it last night and waiting for 12am now ))
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by sennyaca(m): 11:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
Just go to your APN and remove your PROXY AND PORT (in other words let it be blank) save the APN and thank me later
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 23, 2016
For me sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. Na uncertainty things for me but I use it to full potential whenever I get it to work.
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by lekjons(m): 2:15am On Jun 23, 2016
i just finished mine..
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Ligxy(f): 3:39am On Jun 24, 2016
kingsamm:

Hmm.... I'll try that...
Thanks for the tip
So did you try it? Were you able to download? I did same thing again yesterday and today. Still not working on my phone, but working with hotspot on another phone and laptop. Maybe my phone is the problem tho...
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by bobo65(m): 3:50am On Jun 24, 2016
I discovered it does work

They have stopped sending the success message

I just did it now, didn't get any success message so I put my data on and it was going, downloaded up to 480mb then it stopped connecting
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by kcy(m): 5:34am On Jun 24, 2016
My message was unable to delivere
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by bobo65(m): 6:35am On Jun 24, 2016
kcy:
My message was unable to delivere

Seems like these sadists called mtn wanna stop this ish
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by timijoseph01(m): 7:31am On Jun 24, 2016
that CRAPPY thin is pure scam. I have lost up to #150 on diff nights on this data plan... Not only me and my friends too
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 24, 2016
Message unable to deliver. Mtn sha
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by grinace(m): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2016
goldenruby:
Message unable to deliver. Mtn sha
I kept sending then I changed the n to small letter lol, it worked.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Lawalez100(f): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2016
i used it yesterdae nd it wrked perfectly
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by somcherry(f): 10:56am On Jun 24, 2016
I used it this morning
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Bespiel: 11:20am On Jun 24, 2016
So midnight plan exist too? Okay
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by kcy(m): 11:29am On Jun 24, 2016
somcherry:
I used it this morning
wen did u subcribe
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 24, 2016
I subscribed on 2 Sims last night to download some movies but no way.
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Solmax(m): 11:52am On Jun 24, 2016
the plan still works. I discovered the best way to subscribe is to send the text after 12:00 am & not before.
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by freshkik(m): 1:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Solmax:
the plan still works. I discovered the best way to subscribe is to send the text after 12:00 am & not before.
This is 100% correct
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by kcy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
iyke926:
I subscribed on 2 Sims last night to download some movies but no way.
Wats d time u sub
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Emerald22(f): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
kingsamm:

Two hours..... Nothing

Have you used MTN's midnight plan in the past few days, did you experience any hiccups?

I have been using it and it works fine. Please which site or app do u use to download movies?
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by omotoyecable(f): 1:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
Works, d only issue I noticed is that network has been slow for some days now
Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by Luxiana19(f): 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
I used it to download 8 episodes of my series last night. The speed is very fast but mtn ONLY works in my kitchen. In every other area of my house, full bar but it will NEVER connect or open even half a page.

I just make sure to send the message around 12:15 or so. And recently sef, they dont bother to reply that the subscription is successful. The way to know now is to check your account balance to see if theyv deducted the 25N.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To Mtn's N25 Midnight Plan? by temmym4(m): 3:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
blayde:
Mine worked flawlessly yesternight.
U shuld have switched off ur phone,remove d sim and put it back again. Better still change ya proxy port to 127.0.0.1

Funny. do u know what 127.0.0.1 does? why will u change your default Proxy to that of a Localhost when you don't intend to use an host App?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gionee Elife E5 Android Phone Specifications And Price / Don't Go Near China Phones(warning) / Mtn Airtime Portal Hacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.