Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:03 PM

Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? (7355 Views)

My New ‘pink Lips’ Is As A Result Of Brushing My Lips,not Surgery- Sean Tizzle / Domestic Violence: Frank Edoho & Zaki Adzay Abused Ex-wives Speak Out (Video) / The True Face Of Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by ayomifull(f): 1:22pm On Sep 02, 2009
Though i don't have sufficient proof but got the below from Wole Arishekola's fb profile. He is a journalist in Ireland and currently in Nigeria. Anyone with same info please? I need to be sure before . . . . . .

Monsrat Omidina, Baba Suwe's wife died after a brawl with her Husband?. Found in a pool of blood in her room with swollen neck. Nigeria police force, shame on you. Nigerian Women must stand against domestic Violence.
Observation.
I was there personally.The practice in Europe is for a Crime reporter to registered his presence at the nearest police station before going to the Scene of crime. So i proceeded to Ikorodu central police station to sign in and get first hand information. Gossh, the DPO was busy with a lady friend outside and not ready to go out because their Veichle is out of petrol. Out of disappointment and frustration, i went to Babasuwe's house where late monsrat daughter narrated how her step father, Mr Omidina and her mother fought all night. Monsrat was in high spirit a day earlier. I took time to see her corpse on her bed. I noticed a swollen neck, and she was in a pool of blood with blood coming from her nose and mouth. I suspected foul play.I went back to the police Station that they must come to the scene, the DPO bluntly refused and told me that i have no right to complain. Only her family members have the right.
Monladun's Brother and sisters protested and later pacified with normal Nigeria slogan. Leave everything to Allah.
Conclusion
Her death is suspicious.
Only Corona can determine the cause of her Death.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by debetmx(m): 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2009
plz quote your source, madam
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by spikedcylinder: 3:39pm On Sep 02, 2009
Hmmn. . . . how about this part if the "other" report?

Investigations revealed that the actress/comedian who is hypertensive, was found dead in her bedroom with blood in her nose and ears. Family sources said she had been sick for some time and was billed to visit the UK Consular Office this morning to obtain a visa to travel to UK for treatment. When P.M.News called the husband Babatunde Omidina, he was so devastated that he was weeping profusely.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by ayomifull(f): 4:27pm On Sep 02, 2009
Sorry i don't have a link as i said earlier, got that from someones facebook this morning. I saw something like controversy surrounds the death of. . ' in Punch but couldn't read the news because it on subscription. Well, all i know is anything is possible in Nigeria. I am still investigating unfortunately she has been buried so no hope of autopsy. Well, fingers crossed, I'm sure more will be heard sooner or later.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by temikemi(f): 4:44pm On Sep 02, 2009
haaaaaaaaaaa ayomifull na waoooo
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by spikedcylinder: 5:32pm On Sep 02, 2009
Apparently, there is a link.

Baba Suwe Killed My Mother —Daughter;
It’s Not True —Baba Suwe

Daughter of the late popular Yoruba Nollywood actress, Monsurat Omidina, a.k.a. Omoladun Kenkelewu, Omolara Kareem, yesterday accused Babatunde Omidina a.k.a. Baba Suwe, her step-father, of killing her mom.
In-laws of Baba Suwe, including the immediate younger sister of the deceased simply identified as Mujidat, were also not happy with Baba Suwe as they threatened to disrupt the burial of Omoladun yesterday. Some of them insisted that she should be buried in Ibadan, home town of the deceased. There was a heated argument over the issue at the burial yesterday in Ikorodu. The death of Monsurat, according to her daughter, Omolara and some of Baba Suwe’s in-laws, may have been caused by high blood pressure following a protracted quarrel she had with Baba Suwe before her death in the early hours of yesterday. They claimed that she was battling with the disease for a long time before it finally claimed her life.

Omoladun’s daughter, while speaking to P.M.News yesterday at the burial, said having lived with both her late mom and step-father for years, she witnessed many unresolved squabbles between the couple. She added that on several occasions, her late mom’s family members waded into the matter and at a point even advised her to vacate her matrimonial home. “She definitely died of high blood pressure as a result of the squabbles she had with her hubby,” Omolara said amid tears. Also corroborating her claim, the in-laws, at the burial yesterday, said the deceased’s health condition deteriorated on several occasions in her lifetime, due to complaints about Baba Suwe’s attitude and the quarrels they had. Speaking to P.M.News, Mujidat, the deceased’s younger sister said her family had advised the late Omoladun Kenkelewu to vacate her hubby’s home, but she was adamant. “My elder sister was always complaining to me about Baba Suwe and each time I advised her to quit, she would express optimism that all will be well some day. Now, see what has happened to her,” she said, adding that it was obvious Baba Suwe did not kill her with his bare hands, but his failure to give the deceased rest of mind may have compounded her health problem.

At the burial yesterday, there was a mild commotion as some of Baba Suwe’s in-laws threatened to hijack the corpse of Monsurat Omidina and take it for burial in Ibadan, the Oyo State Capital and home town. Although their plan was nipped in the bud by some sympathisers and Baba Suwe’s family members who made it clear that since she had two kids, Okiki and Alima for her hubby, Omoladun must be buried by Baba Suwe. The in-laws, after their aborted plan to hijack Moladun’s corpse, also stirred another controversy when they insisted that the water used in bathing the dead and the clothes she wore last must be buried with her. Suspecting it had spiritual undertone, the officiating Imams advised that they should be buried elsewhere.

Reacting to his in-laws claim, Baba Suwe who was still shocked by his wife’s death, said their allegations were baseless. “No, I did not. How could I have killed my wife? We had no disagreement. On Monday night, we still played, made phone calls and ate together. She cooked the food we ate the previous night and I was billed to take her to the UK passport office early this morning (yesterday morning) before the incident occurred. “She was hale and hearty before we slept on Monday night. There were no symptoms of illness, no premonition of death,” he said sobbing.

Meanwhile, tears flowed uncontrollably yesterday at the burial of the late Omoladun Kenkelewu as movie stars in their scores wept profusely.Some of the popular entertainers at the burial yesterday include Jide Kosoko, his wife, Henrietta, Gbenga Adewusi, Saheed Osupa, Yomi Fabiyi, Taiwo Hassan (Ogogo), Yinka Quadri, Saheed and Fathia Balogun, Pa Kasumu, Abbey Lanre, Kemi Afolabi, Ronke Oshodi Oke and Bolaji Amusan (Mr. Latin).

http://thepmnews.com/2009/09/02/baba-suwe-killed-my-mother-—daughter-it’s-not-true-—baba-suwe
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by ayomifull(f): 5:52pm On Sep 02, 2009
That's completely different from what the guy said then, i was wondering if it could be true because he said he was there. Ok, may her soul rest in peace. Amin.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by bawomolo(m): 1:47am On Sep 03, 2009
So all that comedy on screen was make believe?

oh wow
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by FFA: 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2009
MEDICAL EXPERTS CAN HYPERTENSION LEAD TO BLEEDING FROM NOSE AND EAR, I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HYPERTENSION, RIP KENKELEWU,
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by Seun(m): 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2009
There appears to be no respite for popular Yoruba home video comedian, Babatunde Omidina, alias Baba Suwe, over the controversial death of his wife, Monsurat Omidina (Moladun Kenkelewu) as a group of women, under the aegis of Women Arise, have called on Mr. Supo Sasore, Lagos State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice to conduct a coroner’s inquest into her death.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/09/03/double-trouble-for-baba-suwe

If he truly killed her, he needs to pay. He shouldn't go free just because he's famous.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 04, 2009
na waooooo sad
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by Pelummy(f): 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2009
bt do u guyz tink,dat her husband BABATUNDE OMIDINA A.K.A (BABA SUWE) CAN kill her,had it been she has not buried i would advise they make enough enquiry abt her death.it painful sha.RIP kenkelewu.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by ziga: 7:48pm On Sep 04, 2009
FFA:

MEDICAL EXPERTS CAN HYPERTENSION LEAD TO BLEEDING FROM NOSE AND EAR, I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT HYPERTENSION, RIP KENKELEWU,

Yes, from the nose and into the eyes. If the blood pressure is real high, it can cause rupture of the small vessels in those areas. About the ears, i haven't heard of that.

But in a case of suspicious death like this, an autopsy MUST be performed.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by whiteroses(f): 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2009
angry all these ffuckin liars do my head inn why do people like to spread lies and rumour, which moladun was killed because of dosmestic violence, moladun that has been sick for days and already had scheduled treatment in UK so how is that domestic violence that wole arishekola should be bitch slapped
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by babanassy: 8:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
Any Way She Is Dead , May Her Gentle Soul Rest In Peace
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2009
i AM A MEDICAL PERSON, THE DESCRIPTION AND SUDDENNESS OF HER DEATH IS VERY SUSPICIOUS. VEN WITH HYPERTENSION, THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN IS STROKE OR SUDDEN DEATH, BUT NO WHERE WOULD YOU FIND THE PATIENT WITH BLOOD OZING FROM THEIR MOUTH AND EARS. THOSE ARE TELL TALE SIGNS OF PHYSICAL ABUSE AND VIOLENCE AND PERHAPS, POISON. I THOUGHT THIS MUCH WHEN I FIRST READ THE STORY. There is a smoke with fire here. She did not die a natural death. no way. a thorough independent autopsy and inquest will find out the truth. How serious was her Hypertension? what is in her medical record in respect of the severity of her Hypertension. This smelt of Murder! i know it is a difficult time for the family, but the suspicion is very real and more evidence needs to be sought. Someone has got blood in their hands!
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by viewlekan: 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2009
hailolive:

i AM A MEDICAL PERSON, THE DESCRIPTION AND SUDDENNESS OF HER DEATH IS VERY SUSPICIOUS. VEN WITH HYPERTENSION, THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN IS STROKE OR SUDDEN DEATH, BUT NO WHERE WOULD YOU FIND THE PATIENT WITH BLOOD OZING FROM THEIR MOUTH AND EARS. THOSE ARE TELL TALE SIGNS OF PHYSICAL ABUSE AND VIOLENCE AND PERHAPS, POISON. I THOUGHT THIS MUCH WHEN I FIRST READ THE STORY. There is a smoke with fire here. She did not die a natural death. no way. a thorough independent autopsy and inquest will find out the truth. How serious was her Hypertension? what is in her medical record in respect of the severity of her Hypertension. This smelt of Murder! i know it is a difficult time for the family, but the suspicion is very real and more evidence needs to be sought. Someone has got blood in their hands!

There are different kinds of "medical person" as you put it, we have doctors,nurses(qualified and auxillary),emergency attendants etc.
From your post I doubt you would be in the first two or else the hospital where you practice would be a danger zone to be honest.I am yet to come across a medical doctor who would make a diagnosis based on stories in the newspaper and more importantly it is extremely rare to find practitioners who would make definite statements like "she did not die a natural death" without being part of the medical team that attended to her or having enough information like an autopsy report.

Either of the following have happened
1.You are an internet troller that claim to be what they are not and use anectodal statements to support their post

or

2.You are a "medical person" as claimed.

If it is Number 1- No problem,we have numerous of your sort

If it Number 2-Please tell us where you practise as a matter of urgency( so nairalanders can avoid it) and of equal importance where did you get this qualification from? even Iyana ipaja Institute of Computer studies would not produce a half -baked "medical person" like yourself.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by r231(m): 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2009
viewlekan:

There are different kinds of "medical person" as you put it, we have doctors,nurses(qualified and auxillary),emergency attendants etc.
[b]From your post I doubt you would be in the first two or else the hospital where you practice would be a danger zone to be honest.[/b]I am yet to come across a medical doctor who would make a diagnosis based on stories in the newspaper and more importantly it is extremely rare to find practitioners who would make definite statements like "she did not die a natural death" without being part of the medical team that attended to her or having enough information like an autopsy report.

Either of the following have happened
1.You are an internet troller that claim to be what they are not and use anectodal statements to support their post

or

2.You are a "medical person" as claimed.

If it is Number 1- No problem,we have numerous of your sort

If it Number 2-Please tell us where you practise as a matter of urgency( so nairalanders can avoid it) and of equal importance where did you get this qualification from? even Iyana ipaja Institute of Computer studies would not produce a half -baked "medical person" like yourself.

oh oh grin
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by whiteroses(f): 12:04am On Sep 05, 2009
r21 dont oh oh lekan hailolive is a ffucking liar lol
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by r231(m): 12:40am On Sep 05, 2009
whiteroses:

r21 dont oh oh lekan hailolive is a ffucking liar lol

was jus laughing at d danger zone part cus i knw he should be some under d bed doctors or some of d fake doctors dey use in d movies, lol
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by Nobody: 12:51am On Sep 05, 2009
She probably died of a blood aneurysm possibly to the brain. BP must have been so high as to burst tiny vessels in the nose and mouth.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by bawomolo(m): 4:29am On Sep 05, 2009
i hope they don't bungle the autopsy.

the story would be forgotten about in no minute.

off to the next gist.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by Amigoz(f): 5:33am On Sep 05, 2009
May her beloved Soul RIPP cry cry
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by bydot1(m): 7:55am On Sep 05, 2009
abeg enof talk on d dead person, let her rest in peace n nt in pieces
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by sshalom(m): 2:50pm On Sep 05, 2009
May her humourous soul rest in peace!
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by Outstrip(f): 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2009
Is the autopsy going to be done in Nigeria. If this was not a serious matter I would laugh. They should just let her rest in peace. If he killed her then that was just bad but do not expect justice in a case like this in Nigeria
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by mamagee6(f): 5:43pm On Sep 05, 2009
Source please.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by oge4real(f): 10:37pm On Sep 05, 2009
Outstrip:

Is the autopsy going to be done in Nigeria. If this was not a serious matter I would laugh. They should just let her rest in peace. If he killed her then that was just bad but do not expect justice in a case like this in Nigeria
Autopsy can and is being carried out very efficiently in Nigeria.If the family members suspect a foul play in her demise, then she should be exhumed and examined accordingly.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by GlobalD2: 1:36am On Jun 03, 2010
R.I.P Omoladun. May Almighty God have mercy on your soul.
Re: Kenkelewu's Death: Result Of Domestic Violence? by Axiwaju(m): 10:54am On Apr 08, 2020
ayomifull:
Though i don't have sufficient proof but got the below from Wole Arishekola's fb profile. He is a journalist in Ireland and currently in Nigeria. Anyone with same info please? I need to be sure before . . . . . .

Monsrat Omidina, Baba Suwe's wife died after a brawl with her Husband?. Found in a pool of blood in her room with swollen neck. Nigeria police force, shame on you. Nigerian Women must stand against domestic Violence.
Observation.
I was there personally.The practice in Europe is for a Crime reporter to registered his presence at the nearest police station before going to the Scene of crime. So i proceeded to Ikorodu central police station to sign in and get first hand information. Gossh, the DPO was busy with a lady friend outside and not ready to go out because their Veichle is out of petrol. Out of disappointment and frustration, i went to Babasuwe's house where late monsrat daughter narrated how her step father, Mr Omidina and her mother fought all night. Monsrat was in high spirit a day earlier. I took time to see her corpse on her bed. I noticed a swollen neck, and she was in a pool of blood with blood coming from her nose and mouth. I suspected foul play.I went back to the police Station that they must come to the scene, the DPO bluntly refused and told me that i have no right to complain. Only her family members have the right.
Monladun's Brother and sisters protested and later pacified with normal Nigeria slogan. Leave everything to Allah.
Conclusion
Her death is suspicious.
Only Corona can determine the cause of her Death.

11 years ago? U already knew about corona. Jeesu�

(1) (Reply)

16 Eyebrows That Doesn't Make Sense(photo) / End Time See How This Girl Welcomed Her Boyfriend Home (viral Photos) / Bobrisky Shows Off His Butt After Butt Enlargement [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.