Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital (39250 Views)

Roman Goddess Trolls Laura Ikeji For Dumping Her Wig On Bambam's Head / Olumide Babalola Sues Linda Ikeji For 50million Naira - Photos / DonJazzy Stylishly Mocked Linda Ikeji For Being Single(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by arsenal33: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2016
Oya ....some people will say its because she's I..

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by chubbygal(f): 10:33am On Jun 23, 2016
Ndi iro na ndi Anya ufu@work Linda they can never pull you down..

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by bodyloveghetto(m): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2016
Wasn't she that reveal wizkid mansion in USA that the mansion was rented and not bought? Phew I hate reading Nigeria news ... Probe, EFCC, Ritual, Herdsmen, Boko Haram, Corruption, Buhari even snakes ..... Baq to CNN

Nl just passing by been a while

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by saintdennis(m): 10:34am On Jun 23, 2016
Hmm nigeria is getting there... let the militants keep bombing pipelines and the Igbos keep disturbing the peace instead of keying into the new agenda.

Govt is not father xmas... unlike what pdp will have u believe, you don't thank a gov for working his mandate.

very soon a governor will construct roads and u won't see dance troupes and traditional dancers + rented canopies, live band etc on display just to commission it...because the PEOPLE WILL SIMPLY SAY "IS IT NOT OUR MONEY'??

In the west there's a common saying that 2 things are sure : death and taxes... evading tax is like being a member of isis.

I wish her good luck tho... but she gats pay a fraction of the amount back sha.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by claremont(m): 10:35am On Jun 23, 2016
All our federal agencies have suddenly woken up from their slumber, this is the beginning of good governance. In a country like Nigeria, good governance is not something that can be achieved in 1 year, it will take a good few years to instill a culture of discipline in our public finances and public institutions. The days when a few people enrich themselves with our commonwealth at the detriment of the majority of Nigerian wallowing in poverty will soon be over.

Linda should go and pay all overdue taxes owed to the FIRS. You boast of living in a #500 million house on social media, but cannot pay a #75 million pittance of our collective wealth you owe. A new Sheriff is in town, and he ain't smiling! grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by cckris: 10:36am On Jun 23, 2016
How much has Tinubu paid in Taxes to Nigeria? Or are BILLIONAIRES exempt from taxes?

How much has Buhari's wife paid in Taxes, as was capable of donating 300 million naira at a time?

These APshits are not serious.

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Phi001(m): 10:36am On Jun 23, 2016
Maximus85:
Like Linda like Messi.

If you agree LIKE. if you don't agree SHARE
Messi spends his time playing football....he has a manager, an accountant etc that handles all his affairs. Linda, on the other hand, is a busybody. Always looking for gossip. I'm sure she handles her accounts by herself. So they are VERY much different. Don't compare the G.O.A.T to a blogger next time!!!!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by obstead200(m): 10:36am On Jun 23, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
In as much as I don't really like her ( as of recent ) cos of her feminist stuff , I don't think this news is and will ever be true .
The Op sounds like s/he's happy about it .
She's a very successful woman , and one thing that is certain is that she would have people who wouldn't like to see her smile around her .
So Op , stop hating and find something better to do with your time ...
I've spoken .
let us leave all this sentiments and solidarity statements and address the key issue here:
Is she guilty? (I think so).
Did she evade tax? (it is in every Nigerian's blood to try to evade tax)
Is tax evasion wrong? (hell yes!!!)
Could she have avoided this mess?(yes, if only she had been less pompous and have flouted her "wealth" less blatantly in the face of Nigerians)
Is she gonna pay for it? (most definitely. even if she does not pay in full, she will still lose nothing less than N20m in bribes)

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by haibe(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2016
realGURU:
It is unfair, why give hard end money that will end a corrupt pocket

So what of others that pay tax, it is fair to them abi.

She should better pay her tax, shes so lucky she isnt in the UK and evading tax, she would have been in a mess now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by PBundles(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2016
Which is why I dont understand these fools brandishing their wealth. For those that dont know let me help you. Even though most ppl dont pay taxes, Nigeria has a tax code! Ask any one who works for a company like a bank or law firm. They dock it. The problem is in the private sector where its hard to ascertain. And here she is bragging about the house she bought cash, while we all know she blogs, so IR will be asking ok can we see your books please.

On the other hand this Nigeria, so the boss at IR may be licking his chops thinking maybe he can work something out. Sir be careful there is a new sheriff in town and he is locking up ppl who were thought to be untouchable, remember EFCC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 23, 2016
It's going to happen to all our yeyebrities. You can't be flossing on Instagram Etal without paying the taxman his due

Time to be a law abiding Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by PBundles(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2016
Agree TOTALLY with what you said!

obstead200:

let us leave all this sentiments and solidarity statements and address the key issue here:
Could she have avoided this mess?(yes, if only she had been less pompous and have flouted her "wealth" less blatantly in the face of Nigerians)
Is she gonna pay for it? (most definitely. even if she does not pay in full, she will still lose nothing less than N20m in bribes)

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by papoose321: 10:41am On Jun 23, 2016
She never start to de pay... Na she De carry other people downfall de make m big news if na wizkid or psquare she go carry m na turn 2 dance 2 d same shame music.... Scammer house no b ur own again.. Wizkid done De Laff last

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by PBundles(m): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2016
I agree she is IGNORANT, or did you mean something else?

arsenal33:
Oya ....some people will say its because she's I..

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by realGURU(m): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2016
haibe:

So what of others that pay tax, it is fair to them abi.

She should better pay her tax, shes so lucky she isnt in the UK and evading tax, she would have been in a mess now
how does a blogger pay a tax, what kind of contribution does the govt. Gave to blogging, if not lack of electricity and exobitant data rates, nonsense

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by joezzyhpal(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2016
Make dis people free Linda... Its her time to make it na. Definitely Don jazzy, Davido etc go pay 200M be dat o
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by donchijoz(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2016
osetigo

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by greatwhite(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2016
Linda- tenant in banana island. I don't believe it.

Truth be told tax evasion is a serious crime. I won't support that. If the story is true Linda should pls pay up.

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by ademidedavid(f): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2016
winniz:
So many of us now know what is going on, you lots have been fighting Linda ikeji and the Igbo nation without them having any idea. They are now so desperate, after this Linda ikeji and so many Igbos will have to pull out all their investment in Lagos cheesy

Linda Ikeji sell off that house and move back to the east or you relocate out of that country we are solidly behind you.
na wa 4 some pple sha.....see where u carry matter go! abeg grow up joor

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by SamMilla1(m): 10:45am On Jun 23, 2016
I am Igbo but She should go and pay.

The roads she drive on everyday cost money to build.
If she has as much as she brag everyday, FIRS should increase the tax. 75m is too small.

Self made noise from her everyday.
Even prostitutes work for their money. Nobody sleeps everyday and expects money.

Google owns the blogger platform she uses.
I am sure she can't code a thing with notepad.
You have the right to see this as hating, but I don't care.
Federal government can come for 75m any time I bought a house Worth 500m.

You don't buy such house without paying to the government who manages the area. Where does she think the money to build all those bridges on Lagos Island comes from?

We are discussing this rubbish because of our backwardness.
In United States or Europe or even Asia, she must have to pay the tax at the same time she paid for the house. If government found out themselves, the tax would be massively increased or she goes to jail.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 23, 2016
She should just pay her Tax, no story.
Purchasing half a Billion Naira property is not Beans except maybe Dasuki's Yams is involved.

4 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by coldcandy: 10:46am On Jun 23, 2016
So, Linda, who owns d house?

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by 989900: 10:47am On Jun 23, 2016
Don't flaunt things you can't defend if the Tax man comes calling.

The writer and the source of this article . . .
undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by hoebamaa(m): 10:47am On Jun 23, 2016
Next
Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by obstead200(m): 10:48am On Jun 23, 2016
Qmerit:
This what happen when you display your wealth and properties in social media!
Not knowing that this regime is operation Red light. Since oil is going down.
I feel for her!
E.Money is next!
I agree.
I propose we form an association of Beefers against rich men with questionable sources of income. grin cheesy
I will gladly be the chairman

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by arsenal33: 10:49am On Jun 23, 2016
PBundles:
I agree she is IGNORANT, or did you mean something else?

CORRECT! I meant Ignorant!!!! hahaha!!!

3 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by hotspice29(m): 10:50am On Jun 23, 2016
Who e epp?

1 Like

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by afroxyz: 10:51am On Jun 23, 2016
You guys should stop tribalising the whole thing. She should pay tax afterall she earns revenue from her blog through ads. That's a business in itself. And oh! I forgot.....i am igbo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by greatwhite(m): 10:51am On Jun 23, 2016
obstead200:

I don't think anyone would want to collect bribe from Linda. She would expose d person after. Plus it is an high profile case everyone is watching.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 23, 2016
SamMilla1:

If she has as much as she brag everyday, FIRS should increase the tax. 75m is too small.

Even prostitutes work for their money. Nobody sleeps everyday and expects money.

You don't buy such house without paying to the government who manages the area. Where does she think the money to build all those bridges on Lagos Island comes from?

In United States or Europe or even Asia, she must have to pay the tax at the same time she paid for the house. If government found out themselves, the tax would be massively increased or she goes to jail.

God bless you for this post. Unfortunately most igbos commenting on this thread attached tribal sentiments to it as if she was singled out because she's igbo. She displays $14,000 bag on social media and claims to buy 2 at once. She said her bag is more expensive than the cars of her haters. She forgot the authorities are watching all these. She is lucky she's not in Europe. Former Italian prime minister is currently in jail for tax evasion. Linda's case is no big deal if she is truly rich

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by arsenal33: 10:53am On Jun 23, 2016
winniz:
So many of us now know what is going on, you lots have been fighting Linda ikeji and the Igbo nation without them having any idea. They are now so desperate, after this Linda ikeji and so many Igbos will have to pull out all their investment in Lagos cheesy

Linda Ikeji sell off that house and move back to the east or you relocate out of that country we are solidly behind you.

Jimoh Ibrahim Okechukwu should also move back to the SE since they are after him too

2 Likes

Re: FIRS Slams N75m On Linda Ikeji For Tax Evasion - The Capital by obstead200(m): 10:54am On Jun 23, 2016
SamMilla1:

I am igbo too. and I fully agree with u.
In a sane society, everybody realises that it is his/her obligation to pay tax. In my educated opinion as an accountant and a tax practitioner, she should be paying way above N75m. I cant readily tell the basis by which they arrived at 75m.
Pls dont mind other Igbos that only see everything as a battle against igbos.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido And Akon Received By Gabon's President Mr Ali (Photos, Video) / Ini Edo Returns To Nollywood After Political Appointment / Charly Boy Embarks On "Solo Protest" Alone To The Presidential Villa (pics, Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.