Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,464 members, 7,808,645 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies (49544 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Visits Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Buhari To Travel Tonight For Medical Followup. VP To Takeover / AMCON Officials Taking Over Ben Murray's Silverbird Cinema In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by jpphilips(m): 1:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
Compliant:

HONESTLY IS LIKE YOU REASON WITH YOUR ANUS

DANGOTE IS OWING AND SERVICING HIS DEBT

DONALD TRUMP FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY MORE THAN 3 TIMES NOW

THIS IS HOW SAVANNA BANK DIED THEN DUE TO DEBT UNPAID AND LOTS OF ORDINARY MAN DIED THEN DUE TO HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

I KNOW YOU ARE STILL A BABY, KINDLY GO BACK HOME AND ASK YOUR FATHER ABOUT SAVANNA BANK

You have time to respond to toddlers turned nonentities, someone borrows and refuse to pay then a goat gives it political coloration, one day a goat like him will mount the podium of leadership and we expect a brighter tomorrow?
Even if it is political, what is the right thing to do? Borrow and never pay? some people here have cockroaches in their heads.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Megasaucy(f): 1:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
In this era when Ngerians are bearing the brunt of a very unfriendly economy; when Deposit Money Banks tether on the brink of collapse; when bank deposits of the bricklayers, the vulcanisers, the market women, the barbers and the electrician are threatened daily, COMMON SENSE would dictate that the Senators, the Governors and other politicians who borrowed from these Banks would repay them on time to keep the economy from total collapse. A litle COMMON SENSE would show also that these artisans do not want to eat expensive popcorn and watching stale movies at the uber elitist Galleria nor do they want to become beauty queens!

Waiting for AMCON to ask you to return these artisans' money is devoid of COMMON SENSE!
And, deploying the peoples' deposits to make COMMON SENSE broadcasts sans COMMON SENSE is totally NONSENSICAL!!!

I am Megasaucy, I just want to make COMMON SENSE.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by babajay69: 1:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
osinbanjoisaliar:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/205776-unpaid-debt-amcon-set-take-ben-murray-bruces-companies-assets.html

All these talk about witch hunt is making me tired.
If Ben Bruce is innocent then let him prove it in court.
It's just simple common sense.
If he his hands are clean then he has nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by MielBaker(m): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nigeria today, there is no big man anywhere.
Everybody dey owe. The economy affect even the big boys.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by babajay69: 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2016
erusen:
common company, which one you get
A common company that owes N11bn.
While his family and himself gallivant around with the sweat if hard working Nigerians who can't even get 10% of that fund to start a business because one greedy know-it-all uses his influence to get the money and refuses to repay the money thereby making it impossible for the bank to honour it's other clients and customers.
It shows that underneath all that supposed common sense is a two-faced common criminal.

2 Likes

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by eduxerxes: 1:58pm On Jun 23, 2016
So senator Ben Murray Bruce collected a loan of N11 billion naira which he could not repay and yet he preaches common sense to us .lekwagi lekwa common sense.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by thomasthomas: 2:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
xxgig:
I love this. Its epic
Thanks
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
andresia:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No wonder the albino with shady origin has been yapping cos he knows a day like this will soon come.

They go out attacking so that when their sins find them out, they can conveniently scream witch-hunt to the delight of IPOB yoots!

Olisa Metuh, Fayose and Ben Bruce. same pattern

Your observation seems to have a ring of truth to it oOh!; though to be fair to Mr. Common Sense he hasn't been pointing his finger at anyone yet.

1 Like

Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by TheBlackSaint(m): 2:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
XX01:
The most sensible post. I fear you may have to explain it in the most elementary way as most posters here do not understand the mechanism of debt and finance.

Silverbird won't be closed down. the difference is that it will be under new management and the proceeds will go to settling their debts and paying off ancillary costs. AMCON is the Federal govt stepping in. If not, the bank would have to sell the properties to regain their money and people would be out of jobs.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by dammytosh: 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
stagger:

Ben Bruce thanked Union Bank for providing the facility for the construction of the Silverbird Galleria in Abuja when it was commissioned. The sum borrowed was huge.

Dammytosh is very correct. There is no politics about this and AMCON was not setup by Buhari. Without AMCON, who knows where Nigeria's financial system would be now?

Bros without AMCON.

UNION BANK would have DIED

The said loan was purchased by AMCON in 2011 after the capital base of Union Bank was terribly shaky and the common sense senator has persistently failed to pay the loans and yet has been pretending to be concerned with the welfare of Nigerians whom he has been skinning alive in order to remain relevant and live like a king,” Adegoke said with barely disguised glee.

Realizing that the Senator was not ready to pay back the money, AMCON appointed a receiver/manager to recover the loan. While the agents of the receiver, officials of AMCON and large contingents of armed police officers were seen sealing up the premises of Silverbird Group of Companies in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt, the staff of the companies were lamenting the failure of their principal to meet his obligations. All efforts to reach the senator proved abortive, as calls to his mobile phones were “being forwarded to another number”.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Heffalump(m): 3:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
brunofarad:
MEN WHO ACT seldom talks....

You keep spewing vocabs about COMMON SENSE when you actually can't manage a BUSINESS ......

Oya KWANTINU

“common sense” grin

" MEANWHILE "

Check out this convo between me and my cousin sis......I don't know why she thinks I eat too much grin

People will soon troop in here to start shouting "witch hunt" as if Ben is utterly right to have evaded payment of his loan. What nonsense!
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by rogalagu: 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
:
rogalagu:
Ben Murray-Bruce really has an axe to grind. N11b is a whopping sum of money.His constituency vote for three stretch of senatorial tenures cannot offset the bill. And who gives him three stretch of senatoiral tenures in a volatile state like Bayelsa. Maybe he can organise miiss World pageant this time to generate enough money for this purpose.
)
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by blazer234: 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
wawaboy1:

WETIN CONCERN PMB FOR THE MATTER;
WOULD IT HAVE BEEN BETTER FOR THE BANK TO GO DOWN.

SOME PPLE LIKE TO CRY FOR ANYTHING SHA

Dont tell me you Dont see pmb's hand in this. It is as clear as daylight.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
wowmenow:
tonyebarcanista they taking over your brother business you are here supporting them
Pls don't draw me into people's private affair.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by tee4naija(m): 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
So the common sense senator is a chronic debtor.His common sense did not tell him that a loan from a bank is an obligation that must be honoured OTIF. Does he not know that his failure to pay-back the loan has caused some people to lose their jobs?Does he also think he like others can get away with depositors funds just like they did under the last administration? witch-hunt or not, those who come to equity must come with clean hands.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2016
truthspeaks:
My dear friend. I belong to #TeamNeutral. If d govt does well, I ll hail it. If it does bad, I ll criticize it. D economy is in bad shape, Nigerians r hungry. Instead of the president to wrestle d economy n ensure Nigerians hv food on their, he z going about arresting n detaining political opponents. So tel me who will d anti-corruption benefit, dead citizens?if BMB is an ApC member, wld u hear abt dis case?
alright bro. thanks for ur explanation anyway.
Respect to u.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by bashydemy1: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
a2personal2013:
Wahala dey ooooo. Everybody that has voiced against this government is now being pursued by one legality or the other. We are all watching in 3D googles where this will lead us to.

We have an unending list of debtors cutting across various Nigerian businesses. Why is BMB being singled out ?

Like we always say " whatever is good for Boniface should equally be good for boniyarnsh"
Must you always be this gullible? Not sure you even read the write up at all. He took a loan of 11billion Naira from Union Bank between 2005 and 2007 and fail to pay back.. In 2011 AMCON pay the money so as to safe Union bank from collapsing and till 2015 BMB still fail to pay the loan and the matter was taken to court and court ask AMCON to take over the properties used to secure the loan. Now tell me what's how does PMB get into this? So he should take a loan and not pay back.

Don't worry go and use your papa house to get a loan and promise to pay back in 6 month and fail to pay back and let see what will happen.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by bashydemy1: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
houstonia:
what more evidence do we need to identify a tyrant, after them go yab GEJ a man who withstood every opposition, degradation, insults and criticism with silence. Wole Soyinka you won't tell them again “any government that is afraid of criticism is......... ”
That thing you have upstairs was given to you for free why not use it? So someone is owing 11Billon naira and you are supporting him all in the name of hate how do you guys sleep at night without think about such money? Let m ask you some questions...

1..Let assume your father has 5 children definately your household comparises of 7 including your father and mother...

2....Let assume you all are civil servant and your take home each is #2million annually. everything together is #14million...

3.. Do you know each of you will for for about 700yrs before you get that kind of money.

Now someone took t a loan of that kinda of money and refuse to pay and you are still supporting him.. I weep for you.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by bashydemy1: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
erusen:
common company, which one you get
Wailers they are coming here, I laugh at your moniker

erusen.. Meaning (slave) in yoruba..
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by bashydemy1: 10:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
deji68:
Why only Ben Bruce. ...dangote otedola e.t.c dey the List of debors too...we are heading to a one party state angry angry
Where are you when Court ask them to seize Jimoh Ibrahim properties both home and abroad.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by erusen: 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
bashydemy1:
Wailers they are coming here, I laugh at your moniker

erusen.. Meaning (slave) in yoruba..
fortunately for me I am Bini not Yoruba and in my language it means prayer comes to pass
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by bashydemy1: 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
rose54321:
Haba na, the Federal government should step in and bail out companies like this.

If Silverbird is closed down, it's average Nigerians like me and you that will lose their jobs and suffer.

This is common sense, the government should put systems in place to help business and companies from closing down. The military approach wouldn't work here.

I have said my own, if things keep getting hard the masses will protest.
I bet you did not read the write up, He took the loan between 2005 and 2007.. In 2011 when he could not pay Union bank back the loan, AMCON which belong Government help him to pay the loan so Union will not collapse and since 2011 he did not pay the loan to the Government. So if BMB company alone is owing the Country #11billion omo Nigeria will just collapse one day.

So the best is to take those company from them and before you know it foreign investors will come and buy them.. Beside Federal Government need those money so bad.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by bashydemy1: 11:04pm On Jun 23, 2016
Mboi:
Nigerians hope you are watching. This govt fights anybody that speaks against it. The painful thing is that our able youths have sold their brains out to the dogs and applaud this govt for doing this. Buhari APC govt cannot do anything in Nigeria. They only fight the opposition and embezzle money. This is the worst and most corrupt govt ever. Those who celebrate this should know that the time when they will cry and wish there's somebody to speak for them as these people being fought now are doing is near.
I think you are the one that sold your brain, Someone took a loan of #11billion from a bank over 10yrs ago now and could not pay it and you here ranting nonsense. So if not for AMCOM that pay the bank what do you think will have to Union by now?
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by bashydemy1: 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
erusen:
fortunately for me I am Bini not Yoruba and in my language it means prayer comes to pass
Well what's my business with your language, I said in yoruba Erusen mean slave.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by erusen: 11:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
bashydemy1:
Well what's my business with your language, I said in yoruba Erusen mean slave.
go play with ur dog kid
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by lebete3000: 12:44am On Jun 24, 2016
dridowu:

I doubt if you read this part The assets are being seized
following the failure of
Senator Ben-Bruce and his
brothers to settle an N11
billion loan owed Union Bank

Now it is left for Ben Bruce and companies to deny this allegations legally not on twitter
Government cannot keep on bailing out because you and i have refuse to pay our tax and if government increases any levy we all complain and remember their are lot of capital projects government must finance. For you to take loan it means you have the financial capability to repay it without help from an outsider. I'm sure the company can't close down because AMCON will transfer the company to another private investor for proper management and repayment of their outstanding loan. Even if Silverbird close down it will affect few people than Union Bank closing down due to numbers of people having their account with them including multinationals companies.

Hmmm...so another person will end up owning Silverbird and d name might change eventually.

Is Ben Bruce trying to say he can service thus loan or he's just trting to appear poor so efcc won't hunt his ass....
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Phobia1: 1:46am On Jun 24, 2016
AZeD1:
What's the government's business in this case?
i taya o. even me hv bin lookin for whr d govt comes in
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by bashydemy1: 10:44am On Jun 24, 2016
erusen:
go play with ur dog kid
and you with your toy boy.
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by Horus(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbtRh9iFpHI

[size=14pt]Nigeria: AMCON seizes assets from political, business heavyweights[/size]

The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria is doubling its efforts to recover 14 billion dollars owed by 4-hundred defaulters. Today, the AMCON seized properties owned by Silverbird Group, one of Nigeria's largest multi-media companies. It says the group -- owned by serving senator Ben Murray Bruce -- owes about 38 million dollars. AMCON was set up in 2008 to purchase toxic loans from banks during a crisis in the sector. The corporation also has court orders to repossess assets belonging to wealthy and popular Nigerian businessman, Jimoh Ibrahim. Last month President Buhari approved the establishment of an inter-agency committee to aid AMCON, especially in its dealings with politically connected and business heavyweights
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by urahara(m): 8:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=IykeChukz post=46840058][/quote]

Everything na behavior sha. undecided
Re: AMCON To Takeover Ben Murray-Bruce Companies by ladyF(f): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
Xberryz:
lol and he be out there trying to make common sense....funny him....Btw am in love with Lady F any body seen her
She is here dear kiss You have to be putting the Lady and the F together, as in LadyF not Lady F, else I won't see the mention.

Happy weekend. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Precious At The Ikoyi High Court Today / Buhari To EU: We Will Defeat Boko Haram With Civil War Experience / Ganduje’s 65th Birthday Message To Kwankwaso Sets Tongues Wagging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.