Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Grace - God's Means For Tolerating Sin. Really? Think Again - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace - God's Means For Tolerating Sin. Really? Think Again (439 Views)

Why Pretend That What You Mean By "LOVE" Is What GOD Means By "LOVE?" / Progress And Riches Of A Family In Benin Locked & Tied Through Diabolical Means / Funny Pics About Religious People That Should Make You THINK AGAIN. (PIX) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Grace - God's Means For Tolerating Sin. Really? Think Again by holybabayo(m): 8:00am On Jun 23, 2016
It is commonly said that grace is God's way of tolerating sins. Things like the sacrifices, penalties etc were used to support the point. But I will want to counter them with these points: The Requirements, The Penalties and the Scope

REQUIREMENTS:
The Law has ten commandments and other requirements, but grace intensified these requirements. The Law counts murder to mean the actual killing of another person. Grace extends murder to include cursing and anger. The law says we should not commit adultery, grace includes lustful thoughts in adultery. The law says we should divorce, grace says no divorce. The law says we should love our friends, grace says we should love our enemies. The message of the of grace was introduce by "Repent" by John the Baptist; begins with "repent" by Jesus Christ, Continue by "repent" through the Apostles and will end with repent. Mat.5

PENALTIES:
Under the law the penalties for sin was dead of humans or separation from the tribe of Israel. Atonement was only through the sacrifice of animals. Under grace the penalty of dead still hold. Separation from God now applies. Atonement is only through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ the lamb of God. Heb.9

SCOPE:
The scope of law was only for the tribe of Israel. Grace extends to the entire world. God has now reveal His holy wrath against sin Rom 1.18. God is no longer winking at sin but he is now calling everybody everywhere to repent Acts 17.30.

TAKE THIS TEST.

IF ON MONDAYS I CAN ENTER MY HOUSE AND STAY INSIDE ONLY ON THE CONDITION THAT IF THERE ARE FAECES INSIDE, IT SHOULD BE COVERED. BUT ON SUNDAYS I CAN ONLY ENTER IN ONLY WHEN THE FAECES ARE PARKED AWAY, THE ROOM WASHED AND PERFUMED. WHAT DAY AM I MORE TOLERANT OF FAECES? THIS IS LIKE LAW AND GRACE. LAW APPLIES ON MONDAYS BUT GRACE ON SUNDAYS.

(1) (Reply)

Christians-spiritual Or Physical Possesions!!!! / Ten Common Myths About Atheists / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.