Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,820 members, 7,802,630 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5388160 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:11am On Jun 13, 2010
@ Aratoluda I can only say i feel your pain . I know it is no consolation not to have the baby at the end of 9 months, but you have used your own body to carry a baby which in my own book makes you a mommy ,even if it is for a second .
The same God that made it possible this time will see you through 9 months without any issues.
@ stages big belle how far you never still tell us where we go come chop rice?
@ mypeace madam how far?
@ Bettle how are you doing?
@ Abiop Ol boy where you enter nobody has seen you.
All the other TTC people how you are all doing good.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 13, 2010
Other things to bear in mind regarding toxins is that:

I think microwave ovens may  not be good for the body so I avoid using it.

If you work in an office and handle a lot of printed documents , photocopiers or even newspapers alway try and wash your hands after or at least before eating any snacks with you bare hands, as printers / photocopier toners can be very toxic.

http://natural-fertility-info.com/microwave-fertilit.html

GenBuhari:

You are very welcome  ladies smiley

Another thing is to always try to avoid additives in processed foods, always try to cook food in their natural form.

It is important that you partner's also detox and become as healthy as possible. Especially as past age 35 , there is marked increase of abnormal spermatozoa that is being produced.

Essentially for males they have to work on themselves as much as you ladies because it takes two people to concieve a baby.

As I mentioned before, you should get your partner's spermatozoa counted and fully analysed.

Most men as we age start getting a pot-belly, this is not to be encouraged especially if ttc, fat in the belly contains enzymes that apparently breakdown testosterone, and testosterone is necessary for spermatozoa production. In fact both partners need to be fighting fit and start aiming to get to a normal healthy weight, especally as they get older.

Additional your male partner most ensure that they keep their testicles as cool as possible at all times, get plenty sleep and ensure they not defficient in zinc.
GenBuhari:

@Sammiejo

I suggest that you check internet for natural products /alternatives.

If you smoke or drink alcohol you simply need to give up or start cutting down.

Instead of using tooth paste, use chewing stick.

Body and hand cream should be from as natural a product as possible some thing like coco butter may be better than other products. or perhaps if there is a native way of making such products in the village , look into that.

Try to avoid using detergents when water would do for washing spoons ,plates or even clothes etc , when you have to, use a natural detergent to as possible or use absolute minimal amounts.

Use natural bath soap, such as black soap.

You must try and ensure you eat plenty of fibre and drink lots of water as these remove toxins from your body. Ensure that you move your bowels at least once a day, if not increase you fibre intake.

Do not use relaxer - use a hot comb

Orange or lemon can be used as natural deodorants on the skin, put if you use perfume avoid spraying directly on the skin.

This is all I can think of at moment but I am sure that there is much more

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2010
@Arlington
l am fine dear. how TTC go dey go? grin

My update
CD 30
DPO ? (to the best of my knowledge l have not ovulated)

me l dont know this cycle ooo. l am no longer bloated and gassy, l feel great now.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 2:18pm On Jun 14, 2010
Hello my people of TTC ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh My God has DONE IT AGAIN OHHHH I AM PREGNANT!!!!
And i will remain pregnant and bear this child in Jesus name . I already knew but had confirmation last week that it is a viable pregnancy. God just take me and place me in the center of your palm oh.
My first Testimony is that i have gone longer than i have ever gone with my other pregnancies, i have seen the heartbeat of the baby and it is still early but i saw the baby.

The funny part to all this is that all other times my doctor has been putting me on claimed and injections and etc this time he told me no clomid that he wants to see what my own eggs can do on there own and viola i am here. My doctor wants me to take promiturim for a longer period of time and has put me on one baby aspirin a day just in case i have any blood clots that can cause my baby not to get enough blood supply.
i have done and is still doing a lot of prayers. I would love to post the picture of my scan but I think it is still early i guess with the second scan i will post the picture.
So today i am pregnant and i will enjoy this moment i know fear creeps in once in a while but i will remain positive will keep everyone updated!!!!! wink
Please join me in prayers .

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2010
Arlington:

Hello my people of TTC ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh My God has DONE IT AGAIN OHHHH I AM PREGNANT!!!!
And i will remain pregnant and bear this child in Jesus name . I already knew but had confirmation last week that it is a viable pregnancy. God just take me and place me in the center of your palm oh.
My first Testimony is that i have gone longer than i have ever gone with my other pregnancies, i have seen the heartbeat of the baby and it is still early but i saw the baby.

The funny part to all this is that all other times my doctor has been putting me on claimed and injections and etc this time he told me no clomid that he wants to see what my own eggs can do on there own and viola i am here. My doctor wants me to take promiturim for a longer period of time and has put me on one baby aspirin a day just in case i have any blood clots that can cause my baby not to get enough blood supply.
i have done and is still doing a lot of prayers. I would love to post the picture of my scan but I think it is still early i guess with the second scan i will post the picture.
So today i am pregnant and i will enjoy this moment i know fear creeps in once in a while but i will remain positive will keep everyone updated!!!!! wink

l shouted for joy in the office that my colleague was like are you ok! Infact l am so happy for you. This is a sign of many good news to come in this forum. Congratulations!!! He that did it is more than able to keep it till delivery day. Congratultions and enjoy ur pregancy!!! tongue

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by franny1980: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2010
Hello People,

I have been following this thrend for some time now.

@Arlington CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Am so hapi for you , the God that has done it for you will also do it for other women AMEN!

My marriage is just 2 months old plus what and what should i be doing or avoiding for now to get pregnant asap.
My job is kind of stressful, is it going to be a problem?
Age is not by my side, am 29yrs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2010
I am screaming for joy right now!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Arlington I am happy for you. So very happy. God does not forget. I thank God for you. So oya how many weeks is it or we should wait small abi undecided Just know that I am glad for you. Congratulations. God who gave this child to you will bring you to full term and you will deliver safely a healthy bouncing boy/girl. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 7:35pm On Jun 14, 2010
Arlington:

My first Testimony is that i have gone longer than i have ever gone with my other pregnancies, i have seen the heartbeat of the baby and it is  still early but i saw the baby.

The funny part to all this is that all other times my doctor has been putting me on claimed and injections and etc this time he told me no clomid that he wants to see what my own eggs can do on there own and viola  i am here. My doctor wants me to take promiturim for a longer period of time and has put me on one baby aspirin a day just in case i have any blood clots that can cause my baby not to get enough blood supply.
i have done and is still doing a lot of prayers. I would love to post the picture of my scan but I think it is still early  i guess with the second scan i will post  the picture.
So today i am pregnant and i will  enjoy this moment  i know fear creeps in once in a while but i will remain positive will keep everyone updated!!!!! wink

OMG, this is a testimony of the century, thank God he had done it for you without your strength or the doctor's strength. He had used what is in your hands to do what he wanted to do (like Moses). May God in his infinite mercy make this a permanent testimony for you first off and then us too. Am so happy for ya. Continue confessing God's word into that baby and it shall be well.

Am fine too and doing well, trying as much to take the issue of getting pregnant of ma mind for now, i know he will do it when i least expected and so all of us by His grace.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by luvly(f): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2010
@ Arlington,our God is indeed faithful.i am so happy 4 u.welcome 2 d club dear.u shall carry dis one 2 term in jesus name,Amen.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by labella12: 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2010
hi ladies
been reading this thread and its amazing
ttc1 for 1year
currently in my 2ww fingers crossed.

congrats Arlington. He is a miracle working God.
we shall partake of this miracle
baby dust to all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 11:56pm On Jun 14, 2010
Thank you so much for all the prayers and excitment all i can just say for now is
Genesis 21.v 6 And Sarah said, God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.
And so shall it be in jesus name.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 8:27am On Jun 15, 2010
what can i say?
this is so gooooooooooood a news
congrats arlington
do u guys rem what i said before
"this is our year"
am happy to have others join me in this journey of pregnancy
welcome to the club.
just let me know if u have questions about some symptoms u get ok?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 15, 2010
Congrats Arlington
Iam sure you don't need anyone to remind you that you need to take good care of yourself. smiley
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by AratOluda: 11:07am On Jun 15, 2010
Thanks everyone for your concern and prayers. May the Lord answer all our various request.

@MyPeace, thanks so much. Am fine now and everything has expelled on its own. Doctor advice to wait out this month. I know God will do it again.
How are you? Your own testimony is on the way.

@ Arlington, Congrats. It is the Lords doing and it is marvellous in our sight. I will be putting you in my prayers. The Lord who began the good work will bring it to completion. God bless you and the baby.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Grace4u: 2:26pm On Jun 15, 2010
I've been following this thread

I I've been trying for a 1yr and couples of months

Congrats I am happy for you

He makes all things beautiful in His time.

I know that God will visit all TTC one by one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
Forgot about the monday update

CD forgotten what this means
DPO (to the best of my knowledge l have not ovulated) borrowed from mypeace grin but true. I guess I'll have to wait for the next period.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by stages: 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ ejademen
please never say u didnot/don't ovulate coz one never knows
our systems are funny and even the doctors can't understand them at times
i got pregnant the month i thought i did not ovulate
thanx to my husband who insisted
even when u think u u didnot ovulate, keep on baby dancing
u'll see the results
my prayers to u all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejadamen(f): 4:00pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ stages thanks for the encouragement. I was told that if one does not have a proper period then one can't ovulate. It is quite frustrating how my cycle varies and misbehaves. Thanks though and I hope to have your testimony as well. As per baby dancing, grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed you get what I am trying not to say
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by abiop: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2010
congrats Arlington, I'm hapi 4 U. Urs shal b d begining of beautiful 'n'+ve testimonies 4rm all TTC. Take care of ursef
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by madamL(f): 9:41pm On Jun 15, 2010
I read this thread regularly and I believe it was brave of Arlington to have started it and given women a chance to speak out on this nagging issue of delay in conceiving. Very glad that God has rewarded her for this effort. Pls God keep her in your hands. Amen. I wish others same thing. This is from a sister who has seen miracles in this particular area, pls put all trust in God. Honest doctors will tell you they still cannot fully fathom out much about conception and birth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Beetle: 10:02pm On Jun 15, 2010
Arlington,

Hey babes, I'm chuffed for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy. Congrats to you and DH.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by labella12: 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2010
Arlington:

@ Bettle i am sorry i never replied you i kept forgetting sad No i have not called chicago because i need my doctor to order the test and from the look of things he does not want to consider NK cells just yet because he is thinks my situation is not that serious. I am trying something else now that i will be able to say for sure by my next update if all Goes according to plan and i hope and pray it does.

I feel like a fraud as i am not saying what it is I made this thread so we could all share how we feel but sometimes somethings you just want to shut up about so if it does not happen you don't get all the eyah sorry kpele.but please please women bear with me i am just anxious and scared and worried and i have been down this road before get all hyped up and fall flat on my face so 7 more days and i will be out with it. cry

@Arlington congrats once again can u share what u tried now that it was successful?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:06pm On Jun 16, 2010
First it was God that made it this way. wink
my doctor just told me to stop all medication i was taking and see what my own egg can do on there own.My own process is a little more complicated than just baby dancing.

First let me explain what protocol i did so you can understand .I have been doing IUI'S where by you go in day 3 of your cycle they check your follicles then they give you clomid and you take that for 5 days, to help you have more eggs then you go back again in some days and they see if you have any matured eggs that are ready.
  meaning ovulation  if they see the size they want ,then you will inject your self with an injection that  will make you ovulate in about 24 to 48 hours  then you go back again and they  do the IUI, where by they wash your partners sperm and insert it close to your uterus as possible. The rest is luck oh cos if the sperm cant swim fast enough that cycle is a bust, if  you ovulate before you do the IUI it is a bust cos there is no way of knowing exactly what time you will ovulate when an IUI is done.

All i did in this cycle was just  count my normal days after my period and guess my ovulation date using OPK and they told me to use the injection so for sure i ovulate between 24 to 48 hours and did the IUI .
So if i had no eggs this cycle it would have been a bust. on clomid sometime you get as many as 3 to 5mature eggs that can be fertilized without it i just had this special one egg that has become my God's gift.
I pray even my enemy never has to go through this process cos the process alone makes you weak and discouraged.

oh and i am taking Baby asprin one a day and Progesterone suppositories.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2010
First it was God that made it this way.
my doctor just told me to stop all medication i was taking and see what my own egg can do on there own.My own process is a little more complicated than just baby dancing.

First let me explain what protocol i did so you can understand .I have been doing IUI'S where by you go in day 3 of your cycle they check your follicles then they give you clomid and you take that for 5 days, to help you have more eggs then you go back again in some days and they see if you have any matured eggs that are ready.
meaning ovulation if they see the size they want ,then you will inject your self with an injection that will make you ovulate in about 24 to 48 hours then you go back again and they do the IUI, where by they wash your partners spermatozoa and insert it close to your uterus as possible. The rest is luck oh cos if the spermatozoa cant swim fast enough that cycle is a bust, if you ovulate before you do the IUI it is a bust cos there is no way of knowing exactly what time you will ovulate when an IUI is done.

All i did in this cycle was just count my normal days after my period and guess my ovulation date using OPK and they told me to use the injection so for sure i ovulate between 24 to 48 hours and did the IUI .
So if i had no eggs this cycle it would have been a bust. on clomid sometime you get as many as 3 to 5mature eggs that can be fertilized without it i just had this special one egg that has become my God's gift.
I pray even my enemy never has to go through this process cos the process alone makes you weak and discouraged.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Aladunni(f): 10:18pm On Jun 16, 2010
^^^ it wasnt easy, but it was worth it
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2010
@Arlington
your post is not showing, but well explained.
Can one take baby aspirin without doctor's prescription?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by yvyy(f): 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2010
nice link.i have spent time reading all from page one till here.arly congrats .we thank God and it will all get to us.am almost 2 yrs in marriage no show yet every month i have all early preg signs.i ovulate well and my cycle flunctuates.but i know d lord is gonna do it when he will.God bless y'lll.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Arlington(f): 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2010
First it was God that made it this way.

meaning ovulation if they see the size they want ,then you will inject your self with an injection that will make you ovulate in about 24 to 48 hours then you go back again and they do the IUI, where by they wash your partners spermatozoa and insert it close to your uterus as possible. The rest is luck oh cos if the spermatozoa cant swim fast enough that cycle is a bust, if you ovulate before you do the IUI it is a bust cos there is no way of knowing exactly what time you will ovulate when an IUI is done.

All i did in this cycle was just count my normal days after my period and guess my ovulation date using OPK and they told me to use the injection so for sure i ovulate between 24 to 48 hours and did the IUI .

I dont know why oh i have posted 2 times.@ Mypeace no oh Cos it is a blood thinner and your doctor has to take you off it, so as not to hvae blood loss during pregnancy.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MyPeace(f): 1:54pm On Jun 17, 2010
@Arlington
Arite l wont go self med. l think ur post is having a problem spam filter.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sammiejo: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2010
@ Arlington. Congratulations. We shall surely hear the cry of the baby and experience the joy of the mother, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2010
Congrats Arlington.i'm happy for you.May Almighty God who started the good work see you thru' (Amen)
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lovelynk(f): 8:48pm On Jun 20, 2010
Congrats arly,God is indeed God and he will perfect His work in Jesus name.
Welcome to the club (of mommies).

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.