Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:47 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (1774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5366355 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) ... (3052) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olaedoh: 8:10pm On Feb 07, 2017
lavivaavril:

My dear don't cry, we shall carry our babies this year. So you can try outreach hospital in festac. They have a good gyne that knows his onions. They have a branch in Okota road too but it's the one in festac I'm skewed towards.

Meanwhile I've been trying to post since morning no way. NL na wa
i wnt mind going to the one at festac, please how do i locate their?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Godanswerprayer(f): 8:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
thepatroit:

@mummykyrti is right. You don't need a soothsayer to tell you she's fake. I even expected her (could be a he even) to end with the usual spellcaster as the source of her pregnancy. So they have changed their M.O. to herbs. Send them a mail at your own peril.
am not saying he or she is real only dat I think that dis words" but if it false may u truly experience TTC for 9 years and see how it feel" are to harsh to use on anybody. pls I don't want any argument on dis.I only said wat I think. thanks.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Godanswerprayer(f): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2017
mummykyrti:
mama sorry abt the harshness but its annoying, I see a lot of them even on baby center talking about a spell caster and what not, they are just some things and some people you shudnt try to mislead or scam...this person joined nl today and the first place he/she could type is ttc thread and a thread abt babies on family section, no prior posts anywhere and still same copy and paste testimony, no removal or addition.
is OK.we just have to b very observant and careful. may God help us all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 8:19pm On Feb 07, 2017
mummykyrti:
mama lavivaavril welcome ooo

Lol mama how far? Hope you're good?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
Godanswerprayer:

am not saying he or she is real only dat I think that dis words" but if it false may u truly experience TTC for 9 years and s
thanks for the correction ma and pls no need to feel offended...just that I provoke whenever I think someone is trying to make a fool of or play a fast one of my e-family, ttc already is hectic not to add the effects of being scammed or using fake herbs that'll now cause sometin else.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 8:38pm On Feb 07, 2017
Olaedoh:

i wnt mind going to the one at festac, please how do i locate their?

3rd avenue by 4th avenue, festac. Phone no -08027338723, 07033180833. Their website http://outreachgroup.com.ng

I think you have to call to book an appointment cos I was told the gyne mostly comes in on Saturdays. I've booked but yet to go cos of time. Hoping I get my bfp before then
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by caon: 8:48pm On Feb 07, 2017
fpeter:

My dear it is easier said than done. I even saw someone recommending 'WAR ROOM' It is well o...Nigerians don't just learn.
A man abuses you intentionally, hurts you emotionally, slaps you in the presence of your mum and you're told to be patient?
I wish you well o. Let me tell you something, I lost an aunt to domestic violence. If you are on FIN or active on social media
you will know how many women have lost their lives because they were ill-advised to be patient and also to watch WAR ROOM.

Divorce may not be the solution but you can separate and sort things out for now. He married you so he should be summoned to
a family meeting with his people.
@fpeter,infact u jst said my ind.y should one endure such torture n disrespect.see a lot of pple are enduring der marriages d only reason they r stil in it is cos it is nt violent.violence is not somtin one should endure to avoid stories dat touch..sometimes it is either the man kills d woman or woman kils d man vice versa.curvilicious,u know ur husband n urself we'll.der is a limit to which anyone can do abt it.if u feel u can cope so be it,if not,so b it too.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olaedoh: 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
lavivaavril:

3rd avenue by 4th avenue, festac. Phone no -08027338723, 07033180833. Their website http://outreachgroup.com.ng

I think you have to call to book an appointment cos I was told the gyne mostly comes in on Saturdays. I've booked but yet to go cos of time. Hoping I get my bfp before then
thanks a lot. will surely give them a call. please whats bfp
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Monwojuoluwa(f): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
@curvilicious I feel your pain, but I want to introduce you to a logic it's called resetting your home. Ttc alone is draining not to talk of getting bullied or abused by your husband and the boy. My first step is this I think you should leave the house next week for a short vacation maybe to a friends house or probably tell him you are going to prayer mountain, atleast spend 3-5days out of the house(lets see how the both of them will leave plates for 5days unwashed). Second step when you come back be loving and all even to the boy, cook food, sweep, clean the dishes yourself. Third step make ur phone your best friend (laugh at the phone anytime dh is around) fourth step set alarms at 2am for prayers( don't make it too loud but loud enough for dh to hear his names in your prayers) fifth step smile often, look good to your best, whenever you feel moody take a stroll. Sixth step when you do all these bear in mind that either the boy or dh will want to get on your nerves but please keep a positive look...even if it gets to the point of insulting you that you don't have a child yet, just smile and say God knows I deserve the best and surely am gonna be called mummy David or mummy Sharon. botton line is you have to free yourself. My dh nephew has been staying with me since a month after my wedding....he is worst asin worst he even steals my money steals meats from the pot, say bad things about me to the neighbours and with all we still live in peace. above all I really need you to be strong and happy. Thank me later ehugs much love from here

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by lavivaavril(f): 9:28pm On Feb 07, 2017
Olaedoh:

thanks a lot. will surely give them a call. please whats bfp

You're welcome dear, it's big fat positive (positive pregnancy test)

Curvilicious pls do as other mamas have said, take a break and don't retaliate. However, don't sit and endure physical abuse please and please!!!! Lastly, cast all your burdens unto the lord. It is well with your marriage
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Anistef: 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2017
Olaedoh:
crying as am typing this. so i took a pregnancy test using a test strip, it also came back negative. to say am mightly disappointed is an understatement. but my period is still MIA, dnt know what to think again. can someone recommend a good doc i can go see around okota lagos, am even too scared to go to the hospital. God'll surely see me through this

my dear u nid to b strong, dnt knw if Ure a Christian but if ure then let me tel u wat I do.
I anoint my belle nd declare my body to carry my babies. I've done three stripe test nd its negative nd still no period til now. jst b hopeful God cn still do sumting.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
mummykyrti:
[quote]

I think we should be more practical when giving advice to women in abusive relationships. Patience doesn't stop a man from killing his wife. If a man gets violent, the woman's safety should be the first thing to look out for. In which case she should leave to a safe place while both families come together to find a lasting solution. Telling her to keep quiet, say nothing and endure is not the way forward. One could be quiet and still get an unprovoked attack from their spouse.

7 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Redeemed(f): 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2017
@UmmTwins, congratulations! May you carry to full term with ease by God's grace. Wishing you a stress free nine months. Happy bumping!

@curvy mama, it is well with your soul.

@mamas, please I want us lift our voices to God on behalf of this our beautiful sister, curvillicous, I still believe in the power of corporate prayers, and prayers still move mountains. A slap on one is a slap on all. If you have the strength to fast, please go ahead. However, prayers should be in our closest and not to be posted on the thread. I would suggest we do that on Thursday, as most people might not come online again tonight to read this. Baby dust to all.

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Olaedoh: 9:56pm On Feb 07, 2017
Anistef:

my dear u nid to b strong, dnt knw if Ure a Christian but if ure then let me tel u wat I do.
I anoint my belle nd declare my body to carry my babies. I've done three stripe test nd its negative nd still no period til now. jst b hopeful God cn still do sumting.
thanks a lot. i started praying for my baby right from my week of ovulation. strongly believe God for a miracle. its well with our soul

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fpeter(f): 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2017
caon:
[quote]

My sister, it's a sad situation. Physical abuse is one thing but doing that not minding that his inlaw was around says a lot. To belittle one's wife before "cousins" and other relatives is just the height. One thing my mother told all her daughters after losing her sister to physical abuse is to NEVER AGAIN treat domestic abuse as nothing serious. It escalates eventually and more often than not, the woman is always at the receiving end.
FYI...My aunt lost all her teeth and eventually went blind before her death(she was thrown from the top floor to the ground floor)...it started gradually and I'm sure if WAR ROOM was available then they would have advised her to read or watch the movie...

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by orney(f): 10:25pm On Feb 07, 2017
Congrats to our belleful mamas, wishing you all h n h 9 months by God's grace
Mummykyrti my sweetfriend, i am here with you all, this journey is not easy, watching people around getting preggy over and over again wen persin still dey beg for 1 no dey easy atall.. I strongly bliv that it shall soon come to pass for us, hope u v started ur treatment
My sweet mama curvilicious, all is well... I will also advice u get sumtin doin dat will make u leave the house everyday, or go sumwia for a week, no look d boy side atall, in all, try ma'am mowonjuoluwa's tips, all will be well
Mama loisemm, pweetymii, adiahaakwaibom1, Godanswerprayer, i greet you all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 10:33pm On Feb 07, 2017
*sigh*
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by orney(f): 10:35pm On Feb 07, 2017
I get question oo
1. Do i need to do hormonal test and HSG since i was once pregnant last year?
My gynea is not doing test for me, i guess since it is hospital i av bn using even wen i was pregnant, decided not to use him again since he will write big money and give me just ovulation inducing drugs, his assistant told me i need nothing less dan 15 follicles to achieve prenancy(na true? )
No read pass me pls
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by wonyi: 10:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
Monwojuoluwa:
@curvilicious I feel your pain, but I want to introduce you to a logic it's called resetting your home. Ttc alone is draining not to talk of getting bullied or abused by your husband and the boy. My first step is this I think you should leave the house next week for a short vacation maybe to a friends house or probably tell him you are going to prayer mountain, atleast spend 3-5days out of the house(lets see how the both of them will leave plates for 5days unwashed). Second step when you come back be loving and all even to the boy, cook food, sweep, clean the dishes yourself. Third step make ur phone your best friend (laugh at the phone anytime dh is around) fourth step set alarms at 2am for prayers( don't make it too loud but loud enough for dh to hear his names in your prayers) fifth step smile often, look good to your best, whenever you feel moody take a stroll. Sixth step when you do all these bear in mind that either the boy or dh will want to get on your nerves but please keep a positive look...even if it gets to the point of insulting you that you don't have a child yet, just smile and say God knows I deserve the best and surely am gonna be called mummy David or mummy Sharon. botton line is you have to free yourself. My dh nephew has been staying with me since a month after my wedding....he is worst asin worst he even steals my money steals meats from the pot, say bad things about me to the neighbours and with all we still live in peace. above all I really need you to be strong and happy. Thank me later ehugs much love from here

Everyone has spoken well. I like your approach /step.

If u are a Christian, during the time u will be on short vacation locate Mountain of fire. Pour out your heart. I understand what u are going through. The reason I don't want any relative or inlaw to live with us. Yeah they can come for long/short vacation but permanent stay,No No No . infact we support from afar school fees, books, waec,neco fees ,accommodation etc. I need my peace n sanity.

This too will pass curvilicious. It's only drawing your miracle closer. Please relax your mind the best way u can because stress doesn't go with ttc.

For dh,pray for him ,bless him,love him n treat him well. You are a strong woman.u will come out of it.its time to pray seriously for your marriage.wake up at night n pray n also speak to your home n body. Mind u, u are fighting the devil not his cousin. So stand up n fight the devil. But please be calm when your dh speaks n don't speak back.

Your bible should be your best book.try to avoid speaking to your physical friends. U can speak to your pastors wife n god parents . N watch more comedy to be happy.

It is well

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2017
Orney I greet you too. Try govt or general hospital. You will still get good qualified doctors with less money. They are very affordable. But most see their patients for gynecology matters like once during the week. My own general hospital day is every Wednesday.
He or she will tell you if u need to go for those tests. In fact,they will be the ones to write a reference note for you to take to their preferred labs. It is well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ogunbekun: 11:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
Curvy mama, I am so sorry you are going through all these. It is not easy combining this with TTC.
Take a break if you can. When you get back, pls listen to everyone and ignore the boy. You have to ignore him for you to have peace of mind.

For your hubby, I don't even know what to advise, although I am tilting towards you not leaving, especially cos of the ttc issue. If you do, do you want to go start this whole ttc palaver again?

Pray hard, there is nothing God cannot do.

curvilicious:

cry i told my mom to speak wt him
Almost at the close of the discussion this man raised his hand slapped me twice cry cry cry
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adiahaakwaibom1(f): 11:44pm On Feb 07, 2017
( this Glo network .....Haba ! Since morning)
Hello My darling E-family
@ Curvilicious
Our Curvy mama; l can't open d page where u posted d lastest happening but from what l see from others replies; DH slapped u in front of ur mum shocked. I must say d slap is not my problem but performing that act in front of ur OWN MOTHER( my dear; that's disrespectful , l won't mince words). Vexation sef no allow me again construct my thoughts; wetin l wan say cos this wan pass me. But; 4 future sake , plz take it easy but be cautious. Plz & plz, look 4 something 2 do( even if it's child handler in a crèche). I have also noticed that when we women are totally dependent on our men, it gives a lot of them "morale" to do things dy won't usually do. So become more practical & logical ( Kai,but no vex oh; as DH sound u twice in front of ur mom; u just kept quiet). Plz, don't accept it next time cos Na so e dey start.

Olaedoh:
crying as am typing this. so i took a pregnancy test using a test strip, it also came back negative. to say am mightly disappointed is an understatement. but my period is still MIA, dnt know what to think again.. God'll surely see me through this
Easy dear. One day, one faithful day it shall be positive . Keep doing ur best & God will surely crown ur efforts.

@Orney
U can still conduct HSG & hormonal assay test even if u were recently pregnant. Cos d two tests will help answer some questions u probably have been asking- like why did l miscarry d last/ why have l not conceived etc ( l do that allot l must confess).
4 d certain no of follicles u must have ; ttcing have made me realise that most often our bodies don't necessarily obey d known " textbook rules".

[quote author=fpeter post=53512447][/quote]
My Sis, am also practical when it comes 2 DV. I keep telling my younger unmarried cousins that dy should have a strong unrelenting stance against it even at its earliest stages . Cos if u don't voice it out / fight back, it will surely continue & might lead 2 something regrettable.
So plz, our newer brides, lets not tolerate it

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by toniapat(f): 4:09am On Feb 08, 2017
lynda1:

Congrats on your BFP...healthy and stress free pregnancy is your portion.....Am kinda new to this forum.
Please, wanted to know the dosage of the vitamins. Did you take the vitamin B6 and vit E for the whole cycle or before or after ovulation?

Thanks hun, I started B6 50mg, B complex (twice daily) and Vit E (twice daily too) on the last day of my menstrual flow (Cd4). I used it daily until few days after ovulation.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Gloriaakin24(f): 6:37am On Feb 08, 2017
@Curvilicious am so sorry for what u are going through my advice is that u give DH his space either by going to any of ur family for a while or yr trusted friend at least this will make u to think through what u really want for yourself cos for a man to raise his hand against his woman is bad not to talk of disrespecting her in the presence of his inlaw that has gone too far so and pls even in the mist of this dont forget to pray for him and ur marriage it is well with u

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by thepatroit: 6:59am On Feb 08, 2017
mummykyrti:
aww see the way am blushing...its so unfair, someone is going tru sometin and you are trying to rip off that person!! haba where is ur conscience?? what if it was you in same situation??...I just tire 4 some people

he/she has gone further now to open a thread on health section, still that same copy and paste story, no difference atol
My sister has fallen victim to their antics. That's why I don't want anybody here to fall victim too. It hard TTC, then to fall victim to scammers is just terrible. I will go to that thread to spoil his or her runs.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by thepatroit: 7:05am On Feb 08, 2017
Godanswerprayer:

am not saying he or she is real only dat I think that dis words" but if it false may u truly experience TTC for 9 years and see how it feel" are to harsh to use on anybody. pls I don't want any argument on dis.I only said wat I think. thanks.
Dearie, it's not an argument. I'm sorry if I offended you by taking sides with mummykyrti. But when you see a TTC mother weeping brokenly because she was scammed by such people, you can't help but wish evil, even death on them. My sister has been there. I don't want anyone to have such a painful story too that was why I spoke up in case a new mama here contacts them.

May God help us all

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 7:34am On Feb 08, 2017
thepatroit:

My sister has fallen victim to their antics. That's why I don't want anybody here to fall victim too. It hard TTC, then to fall victim to scammers is just terrible. I will go to that thread to spoil his or her runs.
mama u dey vex oo, no b small spoil their runs, may God help us...sometimes after it apuns some people might ask "didn't your mind go that its scam", forgetting that desperation and the brain doesn't work togeda, when someone gets to the height of desperation thinking logically and clearly is out of me.

may God help us my dear, it is well!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mummykyrti(f): 7:41am On Feb 08, 2017
lavivaavril:

Lol mama how far? Hope you're good?
I am o, reading this book udysweet sowed in my life and loving it!!!

@ orney my dear I know how you feel, most of my friends that got married bfre me some took in the same month they got married and others one month after, exactly 9 or 10mnths after marriage they AF born. I thank God for them truly but atimes wonder why mine isn't like that but only God has the answer.
as for tests abi drugs I no just understand my gynea again but God dey.

@fpeter thanks ma for the advice, I'll give more proactive advise to domestic violence in d future....

@house please I don't understand my flow, it started with one day very slow AF, that stopped after like 30mins, next day it started well and den stopped completely on Monday. only for it to come out lil yest evening...any ideas?

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by missingribs: 7:54am On Feb 08, 2017
udysweet:

Chai how did I miss this my ayin eka'as mention? A whole adiagha of my beloved state? Lol! Sosongho ayin eka mmi,Abasi udiong eti eti. Amen to your prayers. Happy to hear good news of BFP here,it shall be a commotion of bfps here in Jesus name.
I think there are 3pple if I'm correct already up for the book,two more to go but thaat would be for next mondayt(I promised 10.
@missingribs hope you feel better? Do letme knw when I can bring it for you*hugs*

my love am good to go.no mind d ruzu,e just make me turn toilet to 2nd room.ttc go make person do something,can't imagine me still taking it with all joy and religiously despite it bitterness and effect on me.dh ask if my head correct or I need medical checkup (cos d thing d show me oba)

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 8:03am On Feb 08, 2017
orney:
I get question oo
1. Do i need to do hormonal test and HSG since i was once pregnant last year?
My gynea is not doing test for me, i guess since it is hospital i av bn using even wen i was pregnant, decided not to use him again since he will write big money and give me just ovulation inducing drugs, his assistant told me i need nothing less dan 15 follicles to achieve prenancy(na true? )
No read pass me pls

hmm 15 follicles?. ojigbi-jigbi-ji
e be like say na yabatech that doc assistant go.
a woman needs just 1 mature follicle to carry belle. she might produce 10 to 25follies, but only 1,2, or 3 would grown to maturity and be fertilization worthy.

would advice you look for another doc/hospital, that asst is half baked

@curvilicious, i feel ur pains, seems ur dh is very very hot tempered, to slap u in ur moms presence not once but twice, only a very hot tempered and angry man would that.
we dont really know all that happened, but find someone that doesnt know you, who you can relate the whole story and get beta advice. i believe some mature God fearing mamas dey this thread

5 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by afagha(f): 8:55am On Feb 08, 2017
Good morning all @curvilicious how are you today?Did you sleep well? sending you squishy ehugs

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 9:12am On Feb 08, 2017
mamatwiny:

Please explain. What is free peritonial spillage? And how can it be treated?
Peritoneum is just an empty space surrounding the womb. It shows the fluid was able to pass freely from your tubes and poured in the peritoneum. So chill. Your result is ok.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1771) (1772) (1773) (1774) (1775) (1776) (1777) ... (3052) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.