Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5393370 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2553) (2554) (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mirob(f): 4:33pm On Feb 22, 2019
Good day beautiful mummies, I am getting ready to conceive and husband is coming back by April, I am on my second bottle of nature's field fertile support, vitamin E 1000 IU, vitamin C 1000 IU and folic acid 400mcg, please is there any other thing I should add or is this enough? Thanks all and God bless.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Queenmama03(f): 5:42pm On Feb 22, 2019
How did the person arrive at the conclusion that it affects your fertility? From what i know, varicocele is harmless except it’s causing you pain or swelling and might not necessarily affect your fertility. It’s quite common and many men don’t even know they have it. Please read up on the condition, most importantly seek a second and third opinion before you go ahead with a surgery so that you don’t fall from frying pan to fire. Good luck!

Ejusni:
Please I need your useful advice and suggestions.
I am about to get married in about 3months time I just discovered during a private routine medical checkup that I have varicocele and I was told it affects my fertility as a man, I don't want to get married and be TTC..I need your useful contribution on where in Nigeria I can have the varicocele repair surgery and the cost of the surgery...

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ejusni(m): 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2019
Queenmama03:
How did the person arrive at the conclusion that it affects your fertility? From what i know, varicocele is harmless except it’s causing you pain or swelling and might not necessarily affect your fertility. It’s quite common and many men don’t even know they have it. Please read up on the condition, most importantly seek a second and third opinion before you go ahead with a surgery so that you don’t fall from frying pan to fire. Good luck!

OK thanks for replying...I have a question though, are you a medical practitioner? Or do you know anyone who has or had a varicocele? Asking because...I browsed through the net and read that most men with low sperm count may have a varicocele.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by rvpbae: 9:15pm On Feb 22, 2019
Ejusni:

OK thanks for replying...I have a question though, are you a medical practitioner? Or do you know anyone who has or had a varicocele? Asking because...I browsed through the net and read that most men with low sperm count may have a varicocele.

As you said, MAY have varicocele. It does affect fertility in some men but further tests will need to be run to conclude. I would suggest you see another doctor and seminal fluid analysis, thats the first step.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by awesomemrs: 9:47pm On Feb 22, 2019
You should see your urologist. A varicocele May or may not affect fertility. You will be asked to do a Seminal Fluid Analysis (SFA). If your count is low, and your urologist can feel that varicocele vein in your scrotal sac, surgery is suggested.

If surgery is recommended, I'd advise you do it on time, because most times, it takes 3 months for you to see result I.e improved sperm count and other improved parameters that makes fertility possible. By the way, it is a micro surgery and you will be discharged same day.

Pls don't quote this post. Mention my moniker if you need more clarity, I will respond.

All the best. Cc: Ejusni
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by shithapuns: 10:13pm On Feb 22, 2019
Ejusni:
I am about to get married in about 3months time I just discovered during a private routine medical checkup that I have varicocele and I was told it affects my fertility as a man, I don't want to get married and be TTC..I need your useful contribution on where in Nigeria I can have the varicocele repair surgery and the cost of the surgery...

i would suggest you do an sfa, the result of the sfa would indicate if your semen is poor/being affected by the variocle. sfa is very cheap and easy.
sfa = seminal fluid analysis, it just occured to me you may not know grin.,,,as a newbie
cost btw 3k and 10k, ensure you do sfa+mcs..ie culture to check for infection in the semen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Lilyjudy(f): 10:43pm On Feb 22, 2019
Please don't ignore. Sabi mama's make una help me touch light this result. . Its a TVS Result that I did today the day 6 of my cycle. I decided to go for the scan because I saw my period on the 1st of January and another on the 22nd of the same month. Later this month, it came on the 17th of this month and lasted for two day and half. Attached is the result.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 11:43am On Feb 23, 2019
Hi Sabi mamas I had my period between 20th and 22nd if Feb , am still seeing little blood stain as at today, please when is the best day to go for my Hsg test? Can I do it on Monday?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fruitfulnathia(f): 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2019
Mummytwins42:
Hi Sabi mamas I had my period between 20th and 22nd if Feb , am still seeing little blood stain as at today, please when is the best day to go for my Hsg test? Can I do it on Monday?
Hsg is usually done on day 10 or 11 of your cycle and you must not have any form of discharge. So I suggest you wait till your period runs out. Fertility blessings to you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roseey0(f): 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2019
Tripletwins222:
Good day my people!

I read that eating okro soup prior to ovulation period makes one to release multiple eggs thereby giving a great chance of conceiving twins. Mamas, has anybody heard or read about it? If yes, pls enlighten us more. Thank u.
The leaf and yam I heard

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roseey0(f): 3:01pm On Feb 23, 2019
tbaby123:
dear momas in the house, TTCing could be very frustrating....

this is the 2nd months i am tracking my follicles to no avail, shonographer said eggs not growing, last one stops at 11cm(i have been paying 4k for every section)......to think that i have been having the ovulation discharge every circle

kindly advice fellas, how u were able to get your eggs to release, i am 38 already

how can i get my eggs to drop so i can get pregnant please, i know some of you must have gone through what am facing now

thank you all
Mama
If you can
Eliminate all sugars from your diet. I mean all.
Reduce carbohydrates_Drink lots of water to your full, anytime you want to take carbohydrates, then eat little to fill fuller.
Replace one meal in the day with all fruits or vegetables.

Get Aloe Vera and the supplement _Royal jelly.
Your egg will drop if you follow through with this recommendation

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mirob(f): 4:06pm On Feb 23, 2019
mirob:
Good day beautiful mummies, I am getting ready to conceive and husband is coming back by April, I am on my second bottle of nature's field fertile support, vitamin E 1000 IU, vitamin C 1000 IU and folic acid 400mcg, please is there any other thing I should add or is this enough? Thanks all and God bless.

Please mamas help me look into this matter, I am in my late 30s and I don't want stories that touches the heart. Thanks all.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 6:39pm On Feb 23, 2019
Roseey0:

The leaf and yam I heard

OK dear! Thanks for ur input. I also heard of d okro leaves and yam too. Heard yam is a natural clomid.

Hope our princess is fyn? My regards to her.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 2Ballz(m): 7:59pm On Feb 23, 2019
Good evening Mamas,

I have considered it fit to return to put my weight behind some problems here. I do hope I will be well welcome as I insist in doing this not to undermine so far the counsel from some person who did write me on the other side.
It is courage on my side to be here, it is also interesting to know that this community has gone far than I imagined. I am in no doubt that everything here in and here out that happens on here has a reiterating surfacing in reality.

Freely hit the "like" if you prefer my joining this community.
Freely hit the "share" if you prefer my not joining.
"Neutrality" is no "like" or "share" but I should join if I please.

6 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:22pm On Feb 23, 2019
fruitfulnathia:

Hsg is usually done on day 10 or 11 of your cycle and you must not have any form of discharge. So I suggest you wait till your period runs out. Fertility blessings to you.
thanks ma am greatful
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roseey0(f): 9:53am On Feb 24, 2019
2Ballz:
Good evening Mamas,

I have considered it fit to return to put my weight behind some problems here. I do hope I will be well welcome as I insist in doing this not to undermine so far the counsel from some person who did write me on the other side.
It is courage on my side to be here, it is also interesting to know that this community has gone far than I imagined. I am in no doubt that everything here in and here out that happens on here has a reiterating surfacing in reality.

Freely hit the "like" if you prefer my joining this community.
Freely hit the "share" if you prefer my not joining.
"Neutrality" is no "like" or "share" but I should join if I please.

grin
You people should mercy for him naaa

Oga
Just drop advise when you have one. Ignore if you don't feel like. Nobody will stop you. All these like and share is totally not necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by rvpbae: 12:33pm On Feb 24, 2019
Roseey0:

grin

Oga
Just drop advise when you have one. Ignore if you don't feel like. Nobody will stop you. All these like and share is totally not necessary.

Lol. As in ehn, the guy sef like too much drama. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by tpapi: 10:16am On Feb 25, 2019
Ejusni:
the first step is for you to do SFA test - Seminal Fluid Analysis test, from the result of the test, the next line of treatment will be known
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adexmerry: 12:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
I'm new here.. I got married November last year and have been trying to conceive.. someone recommended pregnacare for his and her to me and my husband.. donnoh if anyone here has tried it and if it works.. please help a sister

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 1:42pm On Feb 25, 2019
Adexmerry:
I'm new here.. I got married November last year and have been trying to conceive.. someone recommended pregnacare for his and her to me and my husband.. donnoh if anyone here has tried it and if it works.. please help a sister
Yes it works. I personally know a lot of people that got pregnant using it. Wishing you Godspeed!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adexmerry: 2:39pm On Feb 25, 2019
Cuppymummy:
Yes it works. I personally know a lot of people that got pregnant using it. Wishing you Godspeed!
thanks a lot ma for your response.. amen
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adexmerry: 2:54pm On Feb 25, 2019
here is the result of the pelvic scan I conducted..
*the uterus is normal sized ,non gravid and retroverted measuring about (4.9x3.0x4.coolcm with uniform myometrium
*both ovaries are normal in size and configuration
*there is no fluid collection in the pouch of Douglas
*the urinary bladder is normal in outline and wall thickness
*there are multiple ecogenic foci within the endometrium extending to the cervix suggestive of gas
conclusion ; features are suggestive of endometritis

please can someone throw more light on this.. could it be the cause of delay?.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by migeoart(f): 5:38pm On Feb 25, 2019
GOod evening to all sabi mamas here!!!my doctor just prescribed evergreen women and evergreen cm, pls has anyone used it!!!pls help a sister!!!baby dust to us all
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 2Ballz(m): 6:37pm On Feb 25, 2019
Roseey0:

grin

Oga
Okay...
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Twinee08: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2019
Adexmerry:
Before diving into drugs, I will advice you and DH to do preliminary test and ovulation monitoring for some months. That will give you an idea of what you are dealing with.

My 2 cents
I wish I knew this earlier.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
Hi my sabi mamas I just had my hsg test today, it wasn't that painful but i had cramp like pains sha, but the lab guy said my result is OK, he said am I sure I haven't taken in before and is my menstruation regular, I don't know why he asked those questions but am going back next week for my results, am scared sha
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Sewasaunt(f): 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2019
2Ballz:
Good evening Mamas,

I seriously don't know why I took part in your poll but abeg oga, ply your trade elsewhere.
There are real professionals mamas can contact if need be not some uncertified 'medical professional'.
If you are so interested, create your own thread, let whoever wants your assessments contact you there but leave this place sane for women who have enough to deal with abeg.
Thank you

9 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 2Ballz(m): 8:38pm On Feb 25, 2019
Sewasaunt:

I seriously don't know why I took part in your poll but abeg oga, ply your trade elsewhere.
There are real professionals mamas can contact if need be not some uncertified 'medical professional'.
If you are so interested, create your own thread, let whoever wants your assessments contact you there but leave this place sane for women who have enough to deal with abeg.
Thank you
Roseey0
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by 2Ballz(m): 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2019
Adexmerry,

Endometritis- inflammation of the uterine lining of your uterus (womb). It a case of infection but may not be responsible for the gas around your cervix. It is recommended you do a cervical swab to confirm this inflammation, else it will only go down to something not to bother much about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2553) (2554) (2555) (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.