Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2743) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5388481 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2740) (2741) (2742) (2743) (2744) (2745) (2746) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roseey0(f): 4:04am On Jan 12, 2020
ELff:
Dear Mamas, I have been a silent follower of this thread and i appreciate everyone who makes a contribution. I pray this year our we will carry our bundle of joy. God is still in the business of doing miracles.

I have a question please mamas, my bestie has been TTC for years. She had a still birth at 7 months in 2015 and since then has not gotten pregnant. She ovulates every month after tracking for three months, though there are no signs no show ovulation, Hsg shows both tubes are patent, husband's sperm is fine but since 2015, no show.

She will be 34 next year. Please time is not on her side. What do you suggest as she's tired already. Please find attached a recent hormonal profile. She has taken omega 369, now she recently started taking folic acid and B6.

There are no infection or anything of such.

Please mamas, ur contributions will be greatly appreciated.
Low estrogen
Low progesterone
High FSH

She needs to feed her ovaries. Her hormones needs help.
Cervical mucus is essential too in women. It helps preserve sperm cell and help them swim to meet the egg. I know she ovulates but she may need to supplement with preseed and co, to see if there will be any difference.

All the best to her
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pojomojo: 5:48am On Jan 12, 2020
Glurssymum:
Please mommies and mommies to be in the house. Help a sister. I have been married for 5yrs plus and have not recorded any conception. I have been taking all kinds of fertility treatment both English and herbal. In 2016, after a convincing treatment by the herbal man yet no pregnancy, he advised I bring my hubby for examination. Knowing who hubby is, I knew he would never take herbal drugs, so I told the man my hubby can never come here no matter what. So he advised we go for semen analysis. I told hubby about it, though he refused at first later he accepted. My fellow mommies, results has it that there is no live cells in Hubby's semen. We doubted this and went for four different lab tests, all came out same. We then went went to a fertility hospital where he was diagnosed of non obstructive azoospermia. We were then advised to go for sperm donor or adoption. Though, the gynae still placed him on fertility drugs. From 2016 till date lab results still come out same(no live cells in semen: zero million sperm count).Please has anyone succeeded in treating this in the past. I need to have my own child mommies. Please your advise will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post
Causes of Nonobstructive Azoospermia
There are numerous causes of nonobstructive azoospermia:
Genetics
Y Chromosome deletion
Karyotype abnormality
Radiation and toxins
Medications
Hormone imbalances
Varicocele
Other cases of nonobstructive azoospermia include Illegal drug use, excessive drinking and
smoking.
Genetics
Not all genetic causes of impaired sperm production are understood yet, but it is a field we study and watch closely. It is important to understand that:
Causes that are known and diagnosable can help guide your treatment, with a better likelihood of finding hidden sperm for some conditions than others.
You risk passing genetic mutations to children, so our genetic counselors help guide you through those important decisions.
Y Chromosome Deletion
The Y chromosome contains many genes that are critical for sperm production, but some men are missing crucial sections. Y chromosome deletions cause up to 10 percent of azoospermia cases, so we carefully screen for this possibility. In fact, one of our advisors (Dr. Renee Reijo Pera) was the first investigator to identify the importance of these genes in sperm production.
The diagnosis of a specific Y chromosome problem is important, since certain deletions (e.g., AZFc) carry a better likelihood for finding sperm.
Any sons born to fathers with Y chromosome deletions will inherit the defect.
Karyotype abnormality
Men normally have 46 chromosomes: Pairs numbering 1 through 22 for a total of 44, plus an X and a Y. But up to 10 percent of nonobstructive azoospermia patients have detectable abnormalities that can limit sperm production. An extra X chromosome causes Klinefelter syndrome, characterized by poor testicular function as well as low sperm counts and testosterone levels. But we are still often able to find some sperm in such cases.
Radiation and toxins
Certain exposures can impair sperm production:
Some toxic chemicals (with possible links to pesticides)
Heavy metals
Chemotherapy
Radiation therapy
If you plan to undergo chemotherapy or radiation treatment, it is often a good idea to freeze (cryopreserve) sperm ahead of time. But we are still often able to find sperm after such cancer treatments.
Medications
Several medications can harm sperm production, so we help you decide which, if any, you want to continue using. Testosterone is one example: While the hormone is necessary for normal reproductive function, taking it in supplemental form can often cause azoospermia.
Hormone imbalances
It is possible that an imbalance of hormones is causing your azoospermia, and we can treat the problem.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pojomojo: 5:57am On Jan 12, 2020
Men who don’t have sperm in their semen have a condition called azoospermia. It happens to about 1% of all men and 15% of infertile men. There aren’t really any symptoms that you’d notice, but if you’ve been trying to get your partner
pregnant without success, this condition could be the cause.
What Causes It?
You might have a problem that keeps your testicles from making sperm or that stops sperm from getting out of your body. There are three main types of azoospermia:
Pretesticular azoospermia: Your testicles are normal, but your body can’t get them to make sperm. It might happen because of low hormone levels or after you’ve had chemotherapy . This type is pretty rare.
Testicular azoospermia: Damage to your testicles keeps them from making sperm normally. It can happen because of:
An infection in your reproductive tract, such as
epididymitis and urethritis
A childhood illness such as viral orchitis , which causes swelling of one or both testicles
A groin injury
Cancer or its treatments, like radiation
Genetic conditions, such as Klinefelter’s syndrome
Post-testicular azoospermia: Your testicles make normal sperm, but something keeps them from getting out, like:
A blockage in the tubes that carry sperm from your testicles to your penis . This is called obstructive azoospermia.
A vasectomy
Retrograde ejaculation, when semen goes into your bladder instead of out of your penis during an orgasm
About 40% of men with azoospermia have the post-testicular type.
How Do You Know if You Have Azoospermia?
If you’ve been trying without luck to get your partner pregnant, your doctor might check you for this condition.
First, you’ll give samples of your semen, and a lab will examine them with a high-powered microscope. If the results show no sperm in your semen on two separate occasions, then you’ve got azoospermia.
Your doctor will then try to figure out what’s causing the problem. She’ll give you a complete
physical exam , ask you about your medical history, and test your blood to measure your hormone levels.
If your hormone levels are normal, your doctor may order a scrotal or transrectal ultrasound to look for an obstruction. A MRI may confirm the diagnosis. Sometimes, surgery is the only way to find the obstruction.
If you don’t have a blockage, genetic tests can find out if you have a problem in your genes.
Treatments and Your Fertility
There are a few types of treatment that can help men with azoospermia who want to have children.
If you have the obstructive type, surgery can remove the blockage. The more recent your blockage, the more likely it is that the surgery will be successful.
Sperm retrieval can help men with nonobstructive azoospermia or those who have a blockage but don’t want surgery. One way to do this is to use a tiny needle to draw sperm from a testicle. Then, you can freeze the sample to use later in in vitro fertilization (IVF).
If you have a testicular biopsy, your doctor can retrieve sperm at the same time, so you won’t need a second surgery.

Glurssymum
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iamhistreasure: 7:34am On Jan 12, 2020
Good morning fruitful mamas,I’ve been on duphaston tablet for four months now 10days from day 17 and my period comes 3 or 4 days max after the last dose.I did same last month and it’s been 8days now after last dose ,no af.i did a urine test this morning and it’s negative.mamas please what do you think could be the problem,I’m worried �
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Danny4God(m): 7:40am On Jan 12, 2020
Glurssymum:
Please mommies and mommies to be in the house. Help a sister. I have been married for 5yrs plus and have not recorded any conception. I have been taking all kinds of fertility treatment both English and herbal. In 2016, after a convincing treatment by the herbal man yet no pregnancy, he advised I bring my hubby for examination. Knowing who hubby is, I knew he would never take herbal drugs, so I told the man my hubby can never come here no matter what. So he advised we go for semen analysis. I told hubby about it, though he refused at first later he accepted. My fellow mommies, results has it that there is no live cells in Hubby's semen. We doubted this and went for four different lab tests, all came out same. We then went went to a fertility hospital where he was diagnosed of non obstructive azoospermia. We were then advised to go for sperm donor or adoption. Though, the gynae still placed him on fertility drugs. From 2016 till date lab results still come out same(no live cells in semen: zero million sperm count).Please has anyone succeeded in treating this in the past. I need to have my own child mommies. Please your advise will be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post
which fertility drugs did he use ?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Marakeem: 9:00am On Jan 12, 2020
Danny4God:
which fertility drugs did he use ?
pls contact me as soon as possible on WhatsApp: 07067374959
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Marakeem: 9:03am On Jan 12, 2020
Glurssymum:
pls contact me as soon as possible on whatsapp: 07067374959
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ELff: 1:58pm On Jan 12, 2020
Roseey0:

Low estrogen
Low progesterone
High FSH

She needs to feed her ovaries. Her hormones needs help.
Cervical mucus is essential too in women. It helps preserve sperm cell and help them swim to meet the egg. I know she ovulates but she may need to supplement with preseed and co, to see if there will be any difference.

All the best to her

Thanks so much for your response Rossey. Please what do you suggest she takes? Her doctor keeps telling her she is fine. What can she feed her ovaries with please? Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Glurssymum: 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2020
Roseey0:

Sorry about this.
If it's non obstructive, your can revive them. What fertility drugs was he given?

Really? It can be revived? I will find out from hubby the fertility drugs he has been taking. Thanks so much mama

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Glurssymum: 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2020
Marakeem:
pls contact me as soon as possible on whatsapp: 07067374959

Sure. Thanks alot
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by kosi2018(f): 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Roseey0:

Boost Estrogen. It's very low based on your report.
Add Maca or Wild yam to your supplements
thanks Roseey, God bless u for me, I shall come back to testify soon.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favouritedami: 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
Madam...I believe we are here for one another. Not everyone is bold enough to come out. Just answer her question or leave her alone. You don't have to insult her. We do not quarrel here.

fertilewomb:

You took the words out of my mouth.
Bestie ko! tibest ni

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by favouritedami: 8:18pm On Jan 12, 2020
futuremoma34:

Who told you time is not on her side?..... Pls stop putting pressure on her and stop making her to overthink.... She is absolutely fine, all she needs is patience.... And if it's you, come out and say it's you... Stop hiding and be shouting, she is my bestie

Madam...I believe we are here for one another. Not everyone is bold enough to come out. Just answer her question or leave her alone. You don't have to insult her. We do not quarrel here.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fertilewomb: 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2020
favouritedami:

Ignore button activated! I Can't give you the cheap attention you so much crave.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by adunola03(f): 10:05am On Jan 13, 2020
Morning mamas, l need advice on how to deal with recurring yeast infection, have tried everything I can think of including reducing sugar, changing undies regularly. Went for HVS , the result is showing growth of candida and staph again. Please what else can I do. Don't need this now as I am still dealing with the hydrosaphinx seen in one of my enemies tube. Why I am can't even get the necessary supplements. Sorry for the ranting I am just frustrated with all this.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by rvpbae: 10:38am On Jan 13, 2020
adunola03:
Morning mamas, l need advice on how to deal with recurring yeast infection, have tried everything I can think of including reducing sugar, changing undies regularly. Went for HVS , the result is showing growth of candida and staph again. Please what else can I do. Don't need this now as I am still dealing with the hydrosaphinx seen in one of my enemies tube. Why I am can't even get the necessary supplements. Sorry for the ranting I am just frustrated with all this.

Did you treat with your husband and abstained throughout the treatment period?

When we treated, we got injections, tablets and suppositories, I didn't even change underwear. After treatment I noticed the infection comes when I'm about to see my period, I would quickly use 1 or 2 suppositories, did this like twice. It's been 3years now and no infection.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by awesomemrs: 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2020
adunola03:

Hi mama,
Get klovinal and fluconazole (150mg).

Klovinal is a pessary to be inserted for 6 days. On the first day of insertion of klovinal, take a single dose (150mg) of fluconazole orally as well. Then on the 6th day of insertion of klovinal, take another single 150mg dose of fluconazole. 

You can do a HVS test before and after the treatment too, to ascertain treatment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roseey0(f): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
ELff:

Thanks so much for your response Rossey. Please what do you suggest she takes? Her doctor keeps telling her she is fine. What can she feed her ovaries with please? Your response will be highly appreciated.

Firstly go as organic as possible.
Juice leaves( ugu, scent leaf, uziza, utazi, bitter leaf, ewedu, Atama, enitan, guava) and drink as often as possible
Supplement with Omegas, coq10, royal jelly, vitex, maca.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Roseey0(f): 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
adunola03:

Go herbal on staph.
If you can be patient with the fermentation process, soak ginger, Booni, onion, garlic and alligator pepper in gin for 6weeks. Take a shot morning and night.
This is for staph.
It may heal your hydrosalpinx as well. I say May because I haven't used it to treat hydrosalpinx.

What I can verify works for hydrosalpinx is the combo of serrapeptase, Astragalus , Chinese yimucao and xixiancao and cleanpoint tampon

Modified: Don't add Booni for the men.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by giftfromGod(f): 11:18pm On Jan 14, 2020
Good evening everyone.
I will like to ask few questions.
Pls is there restrictions to the kind of hair one must make before entering the surgery room?
What are the likely items that should be taken along while going ?will they permit someone with baby to stay with someone while on admission?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 8:46am On Jan 15, 2020
giftfromGod:
Good evening everyone.
I will like to ask few questions.
Pls is there restrictions to the kind of hair one must make before entering the surgery room?
What are the likely items that should be taken along while going ?will they permit someone with baby to stay with someone while on admission?

Hi Mama, they'll definitely give you a hair net/cap to cover your hair.
I don't know about the baby and mama, but it doesn't seem ideal.
It is well with you. God will make it a success.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Starrybella: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
Hello fruitful and beautiful mama's, it's been a while. Happy New Year mama's. A big congratulations to all mama's that hv gotten their bfp wishing you a healthy and happy nine months.
To all newbies, welcome and may your stay here be short and fruitful.
This year 2020 is our year o.
No negative vibes
Abeg make una go dey buy baby things small small o. This year we all will laugh just as Sarah did.
We shall recovery all that were taken away from us in Jesus Name. Amen!

21 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by giftfromGod(f): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2020
cherishyy:

Hi Mama, they'll definitely give you a hair net/cap to cover your hair.
I don't know about the baby and mama, but it doesn't seem ideal.
It is well with you. God will make it a success.

Okay ma. Thanks for the response. Amen to your prayer.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2020
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2020
adunola03:
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ItyJey(f): 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2020
ELff:

[color=#990000][/color]

Preseed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ItyJey(f): 5:52pm On Jan 15, 2020
Calendar tracking is not perfect, not all women ovulating on day 14, so my advice is jus av sex with ur partner daily �

How many days cycle so you have? Ovulation occurs towards the middle of your cycle. Eggwhite is not always easy to use for ovulation prediction except you've studied your body for sometime using billings ovulation method to monitor and record. Ovulation occurs towards when the eggwhite is very thin and more slippery. Without tracking for some months you might not get it right.
You may also download flo application. It's good for tracking and easy to use. You can combine with ovulation strips from day 10 if your cycle is 28 days and read for when to start is over or less than 2days.
Aside these, just bd everyother day or at least 3times a week from after af to next cycle. That's the best way not to miss ovulation.

My cycle is 28 days. Would get ovulation strips and download flo app. Thanks alot mama. [/quote]
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by ItyJey(f): 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2020
Plss add me

cry
Hello sisters good morning!!! join us in Hannah's prayer in our whatsapp group which is starting on the 1st-8th december 2019 lets cry to God together we believe in God of last miracle
Please send Add me to whatsapp 08065784139
Muslims and Christains are all welcome
Females Only
If you are a man with fertility challenge your wife can stand in for you
We have lots of other activities like FRUIT FAST AND HUSBAND'S APPRECIATION WEEK!!!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by donfelix4sure(m): 6:33am On Jan 16, 2020
Good Morning Wonderful Mothers
Please I have been following this group for some time now.
My wife has been ttcing for like 2years plus and we have done different tests. Her period has not been regular.

Late December both of us did infections tests and we were placed on drugs which we followed religiously.

On the 5th of January, her menses came and was flowing so much and lasted like 9days .

Just recently she started feeling strong headache and consistent stomach pains and vomited. Doctor recommended some tests and pelvic scan and she did. Pelvic scan says normal .We were told she need to boost her blood level and we got some drugs which she is taking.

She still feel the stomach pains on her left part.
Please what could be the cause and solution?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by fruitfulnathia(f): 8:41am On Jan 16, 2020
donfelix4sure:
Good Morning Wonderful Mothers
Please I have been following this group for some time now.
My wife has been ttcing for like 2years plus and we have done different tests. Her period has not been regular.

Late December both of us did infections tests and we were placed on drugs which we followed religiously.
On the 5th of January, her menses came and was flowing so much and lasted like 9days .

Just recently she started feeling strong headache and consistent stomach pains and vomited. Doctor recommended some tests and pelvic scan and she did. Pelvic scan says normal .We were told she need to boost her blood level and we got some drugs which she is taking.

She still feel the stomach pains on her left part.
Please what could be the cause and solution?

I suspect she is ovulating if the pain is on the left side of the abdomen I suggest she does a TVS ie transvaginal scan
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by amynoacid(m): 2:31pm On Jan 16, 2020
Thank you for your response ma. Does these combo really cures hydrosalpinx cus my wife is currently diagonised of it in both tubes.
Roseey0:

Go herbal on staph.
If you can be patient with the fermentation process, soak ginger, Booni, onion, garlic and alligator pepper in gin for 6weeks. Take a shot morning and night.
This is for staph.
It may heal your hydrosalpinx as well. I say May because I haven't used it to treat hydrosalpinx.

What I can verify works for hydrosalpinx is the combo of serrapeptase, Astragalus , Chinese yimucao and xixiancao and cleanpoint tampon

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2740) (2741) (2742) (2743) (2744) (2745) (2746) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: talk2tonie and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.