Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5393869 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) (2784) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Jellos: 3:21pm On Apr 30, 2020
Amhappy:

Thanks for this..
you are welcome. Also try and check for infection
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
Tyme86:
Have bin having weird feeling in my lower left abdomen for some days now and backache and am two days late with my period, pls can I be pregnant
2nd I also did myomectomy (removal of fibroid) Jan 29 and have bin trying since den and place of the stitch look swollen, is it normal ?
Do a PT.
Depends on how swollen it is. Some swelling is expected, but check with your doctor to be sure

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
Amhappy:
I really think i need to do a hormonal profile but I don't even know how to go about it. My period is so so scanty. Not flowing. This month was just spotting and the color is dark. I can't even place my hand on the duration. One month it's 26 days,another 24 or 23. Since 3 days now I feel lower abdominal discomfort that my period is coming but no show. I feel lost sincerely. I don't even want to go to hospital because of this covid19 because where I see gynea is a Teaching hospital. Good night mothers,baby dust to us all.
You're TTC for no2, you shouldn't put too much stress on yourself. Your first isn't up to 4 yet, stressing would only cause harm than good.
Do a PT first then let's know the outcome.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by semisola: 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Tyme86 post=89026341]Have bin having weird feeling in my lower left abdomen for some days now and backache and am two days late with my period, pls can I be pregnant
2nd I also did myomectomy (removal of fibroid) Jan 29 and have bin trying since den and place of the stitch look swollen, is it normal ?[/quot

Use a urine PT strip, i pray you see two sticky lines..Amen!

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Amhappy(f): 5:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
sugah:

You're TTC for no2, you shouldn't put too much stress on yourself. Your first isn't up to 4 yet, stressing would only cause harm than good.
Do a PT first then let's know the outcome.
Yeah You are right. Thanks
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by RipVanWink: 6:44pm On Apr 30, 2020
Tyme86:
Have bin having weird feeling in my lower left abdomen for some days now and backache and am two days late with my period, pls can I be pregnant
2nd I also did myomectomy (removal of fibroid) Jan 29 and have bin trying since den and place of the stitch look swollen, is it normal ?

i thought the norm is to avoid getting preggy for 3 to 6 months after fibroid surgery, to enable ur uterus heal properly to withstand the stress of pregnancy??
@pregnancy, if you can test with the pregnancy strip @ home...though its best to wait for 7 to 14days to avoid disappointments/false negative

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2020
RipVanWink:

i thought the norm is to avoid getting preggy for 3 to 6 months after fibroid surgery, to enable ur uterus heal properly to withstand the stress of pregnancy??
@pregnancy, if you can test with the pregnancy strip @ home...though its best to wait for 7 to 14days to avoid disappointments/false negative
Well,
It's now approximately 3 months since the surgery which should be ok but the problem is the complaints of swelling which will be somewhat uncomfortable or problematic when the baby starts growing.
PT can show a positive from as early as the first day of a missed period..in her case, she's better off testing early and reporting to her healthcare provider for proper management.
But yes, it's advised one waits 3-6months to properly heal before trying to conceive especially depending on the severity of the myomectomy.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Funky123(f): 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
Good evening Mama's......please i do feel hotness from my stomach,does this means anything please...Am just curious
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tyme86: 9:17pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=RipVanWink post=89035809]

@pregnancy, if you can test with the pregnancy strip @ home...though its best to wait for 7 to 14days to avoid disappointments/false nega

Okay ma, thanks so much... even this evening I saw some brown discharge again
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tyme86: 9:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
sugah:

Well,
It's now approximately 3 months since the surgery which should be ok but the problem is the complaints of swelling which will be somewhat uncomfortable or problematic when the baby starts growing.
PT can show a positive from as early as the first day of a missed period..in her case, she's better off testing early and reporting to her healthcare provider for proper management.
But yes, it's advised one waits 3-6months to properly heal before trying to conceive especially depending on the severity of the myomectomy.

Thank you ma, I think I will try and get the strip tomorrow but I notice some brown discharge dz evening�
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 9:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
Tyme86:

Thank you ma, I think I will try and get the strip tomorrow but I notice some brown discharge dz evening�
Have you had a normal red blood period since after the surgery?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tyme86: 10:24pm On Apr 30, 2020
sugah:

Have you had a normal red blood period since after the surgery?

Yes ma, have done my period thrice since after d surgery
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 10:30pm On Apr 30, 2020
Tyme86:

Yes ma, have done my period thrice since after d surgery
Some people experience brown discharge early pregnancy...I did experience it too.
So do the PT let's see. Use first morning urine

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by KnightSucre(f): 10:53pm On Apr 30, 2020
semisola:

You cant see scarring with TVs, even HSG sef, i was only diagnosed after doing hsystreoscopy, which is done using a camera..i was under general anesthesia .

Pls do it if you have had and evacuation, one of the major signs of uterine adhesion is lighter and shorter period..

please respond to my mail. I will like to reach you. thank you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 2:24am On May 01, 2020
Network1234:

My period is usually light and lasts for 2 days. It's been like that for about 3months now and getting me worried. Read a lot of scary things on google. Called in to book an appointment for hormonal essay they said they cant for now due to covid 19.

Mamas in the house , pls what can I use or eat pending when this pandemic ends. Has anyone tried m2tone? Or fruits to take

Please help biko!!!
M2-Tone is good. Give it a try. You can add BCo and vit C too
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by semisola: 6:03am On May 01, 2020
KnightSucre:
please respond to my mail. I will like to reach you. thank you

Hi, my mail has issues, i do not have access to it, drop ur email address, i will get across to you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Network1234: 6:17am On May 01, 2020
miraclebaby:
M2-Tone is good. Give it a try. You can add BCo and vit C too

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by semisola: 6:37am On May 01, 2020
Hi mamas and papas to be, below are list of fertility tests couple who are trying to conceive should do.

1. Seminal fluid analysis.
This is the most important test, this check for sperm count,motility and morphology of the mans semen.. Average price for the test 4k-10k

2. Trans vaginal scan.
Trans vaginal scan, this is done using a probe like instrument and inserting it into the vagina, its better than abdominal scan as it sees the womb better, ovarian cyst or fibroid can be detected. Average price for the test 3k-5k.

3. Follicular monitoring
This test is very important and shouldn't be over looked, it is used to check the follicules and ovulation is determined, i use to think i ovulates on day 14, using ovulation strip, after undergoing follicular monitoring, it showed that i usually ovulates on day 16. This is done an average of 3 times monthly. Average price is 2k-5k

4. HSG
Very important test to check for tubal patency, you are usually booked on the first week after your period, then a dye like substance is inserted into your tubes, they watch to see if it passes through or stops half way, this test is very important as it is impossible to become pregnant with blocked tubes even if you ovulates, its a most for all TTCing moms, infact, i got pregnant the following month but miscarried.
NB. Its very painful
Price range for test is 25k-50k.

5. Hormonal Assay male and female.
This test is important for detecting hormonal imbalance in both male and female. A problem detected is half solved.
Price range 8k to 10k

6. Hystreoscopy.
Mums to be, this test is very important, most importantly it is carried out under sedative, so you wont feel pain, this procedure is carried out by inserting a device with a camera into the uterus through the vagina carnal, the physician can visually inspect the uterus, checking out for uterine scaring aka Asherman syndrome, polyps,or fibroid. If you have had a DnC, pls do this,as uterine scaring lead to infertility or recurrent miscarriage.
Price range 30k to 50k

You can feel free to add to the list.
May we all carry our babies in the nearest time. Ameen!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tyme86: 8:42am On May 01, 2020
sugah:

Some people experience brown discharge early pregnancy...I did experience it too.
So do the PT let's see. Use first morning urine

Okay ma thanks so much��
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mirian91(f): 11:28am On May 01, 2020
When I had this experience I kept testing and seeing BFN only to be told that it is premenstrual syndrome. I had almost all symptoms of early pregnancy.

I wish yours is pregnancy.
Baby dust to us all

mumjosh:
Congratulations to our mama s that just got their BFP. You shall carry to term IJN. Amen

Please I don't und3rstand what is happening again. Been having severe nip tenderness,and enlarged with a lil bit of fullness for a week now. AF was suppose to come yesterday,but didn't. I tested this morning it show negative. Am having on n off cramp too. Pls my beautiful Mama's who has experience this before? Am anxious and hoping for the best
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Mirian91(f): 11:34am On May 01, 2020
Thanks for the Info but please, these price ranges are in which state.

semisola:
Hi mamas and papas to be, below are list of fertility tests couple who are trying to conceive should do.

1. Seminal fluid analysis.
This is the most important test, this check for sperm count,motility and morphology of the mans semen.. Average price for the test 4k-10k

2. Trans vaginal scan.
Trans vaginal scan, this is done using a probe like instrument and inserting it into the vagina, its better than abdominal scan as it sees the womb better, ovarian cyst or fibroid can be detected. Average price for the test 3k-5k.

3. Follicular monitoring
This test is very important and shouldn't be over looked, it is used to check the follicules and ovulation is determined, i use to think i ovulates on day 14, using ovulation strip, after undergoing follicular monitoring, it showed that i usually ovulates on day 16. This is done an average of 3 times monthly. Average price is 2k-5k

4. HSG
Very important test to check for tubal patency, you are usually booked on the first week after your period, then a dye like substance is inserted into your tubes, they watch to see if it passes through or stops half way, this test is very important as it is impossible to become pregnant with blocked tubes even if you ovulates, its a most for all TTCing moms, infact, i got pregnant the following month but miscarried.
NB. Its very painful
Price range for test is 25k-50k.

5. Hormonal Assay male and female.
This test is important for detecting hormonal imbalance in both male and female. A problem detected is half solved.
Price range 8k to 10k

6. Hystreoscopy.
Mums to be, this test is very important, most importantly it is carried out under sedative, so you wont feel pain, this procedure is carried out by inserting a device with a camera into the uterus through the vagina carnal, the physician can visually inspect the uterus, checking out for uterine scaring aka Asherman syndrome, polyps,or fibroid. If you have had a DnC, pls do this,as uterine scaring lead to infertility or recurrent miscarriage.
Price range 30k to 50k

You can feel free to add to the list.
May we all carry our babies in the nearest time. Ameen!
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by semisola: 12:32pm On May 01, 2020
Mirian91:

The East, all the price ranges are for private hospital and diagnostic centers.. It might be cheaper in public hospitals.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by talltosyne: 2:03pm On May 01, 2020
TinaJoe:

Pls dear, which hospital did you use for your laparoscopy and the price they charge?

Foremost base hospital....Ibadan
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Amhappy(f): 5:21pm On May 01, 2020
Like today period arrived. 25days cycle. I don't even know which day to do hormonal profile. I know 28 days cycle is day 3'
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bunny19: 6:13pm On May 01, 2020
Amhappy:
Like today period arrived. 25days cycle. I don't even know which day to do hormonal profile. I know 28 days cycle is day 3'
. No matter the length of ur cycle hormonal profile is always done day3 and day21 for progesterone.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumjosh: 6:44pm On May 01, 2020
Mirian91:
When I had this experience I kept testing and seeing BFN only to be told that it is premenstrual syndrome. I had almost all symptoms of early pregnancy.

I wish yours is pregnancy.
Baby dust to us all

Amen sis. Still waiting to test next week

Happy new month.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by customizedme: 7:35pm On May 01, 2020
Amhappy:

Dear,just go to a lab,tell them u want to do hormonal profile,they will tell u which day of ur cycle to come back.Try to check tomorrow so u don't miss this cycle.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by KnightSucre(f): 8:48pm On May 01, 2020
semisola:

Hi, my mail has issues, i do not have access to it, drop ur email address, i will get across to you.
jesjam25@gmail.com thank you
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mercyooGod: 9:15pm On May 01, 2020
Mirian91:

hsg at new hope onistha anambra stata 15k and very painless
plz am not advertising just want to help all their lab is very cheap, it a very big hospital that have a big lab inclusive

any mama that is having pain during period should try guava leave inside a cup of hot water allow to cool and drink warm
it helps alot

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2778) (2779) (2780) (2781) (2782) (2783) (2784) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: beekind and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.