Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2793) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5391859 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2790) (2791) (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by mumjosh: 10:07pm On May 25, 2020
Fertilady:
I have been TTC for over 2years now. I have 2 kids already, the last is 4years now. I had a miscarriage when he was a year plus and I haven't conceive since then. I did all tests, from hormone profile, to ovulation tracking, to scans but nothing was detected. I decided to go for HSG and the results showed that I had bilateral tubal occlusion. The tubes were totally blocked, the fluid didn't even pass through. My option was IVF but where I see money? I started researching on it till I saw serrapeptase reviews on Amazon but I didn't believe it. I kept searching till I saw this group on nairaland in November last year. I started reading through, I bought serrapeptase 120,000iu. I exhausted the container, I bought the two Chinese teas and I saw that only one bottle of each was ok, so I took them till I exhausted them. I did Castor oil pack too. Nothing happened. I later bought another bottle of serrapeptase and kept taking. Last month just before ovulation, I came across fertility massage. I did the massage only twice before I ovulated. My last period came with cramps. On day 3 of my period, I saw a blood clot, very thick with whitish slimy thing covering the cloth, I just knew it was what was causing the blockage. It was foul smelling too. After then, I never saw my period again. God has been so merciful to have heard me. I pray he answers every mama here urgently. Amen

Congratulations mama. Wishing u a healthy and smooth journey. Amen

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by miraclebaby: 5:41am On May 26, 2020
Fertilady:
Good morning mums, I just got my BFP. Widd come soon
Congrats ma

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by iamhistreasure: 5:51am On May 26, 2020
Fertilady:
Good morning mums, I just got my BFP. Widd come soon
Congratulations ma,may you carry to full term IJN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by xtylyn(f): 9:14am On May 26, 2020
Fertilady:
I have been TTC for over 2years now. I have 2 kids already, the last is 4years now. I had a miscarriage when he was a year plus and I haven't conceive since then. I did all tests, from hormone profile, to ovulation tracking, to scans but nothing was detected. I decided to go for HSG and the results showed that I had bilateral tubal occlusion. The tubes were totally blocked, the fluid didn't even pass through. My option was IVF but where I see money? I started researching on it till I saw serrapeptase reviews on Amazon but I didn't believe it. I kept searching till I saw this group on nairaland in November last year. I started reading through, I bought serrapeptase 120,000iu. I exhausted the container, I bought the two Chinese teas and I saw that only one bottle of each was ok, so I took them till I exhausted them. I did Castor oil pack too. Nothing happened. I later bought another bottle of serrapeptase and kept taking. Last month just before ovulation, I came across fertility massage. I did the massage only twice before I ovulated. My last period came with cramps. On day 3 of my period, I saw a blood clot, very thick with whitish slimy thing covering the cloth, I just knew it was what was causing the blockage. It was foul smelling too. After then, I never saw my period again. God has been so merciful to have heard me. I pray he answers every mama here urgently. Amen

Please what fertility massage did you do? Can I get a link to that? Thanks and congratulations

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by williams20(m): 1:52pm On May 26, 2020
Hey Docs in the house,well done my wife has been trying to concieve since January, we lost a 5 month preggy last December (First issue) after evacuation uterine fibroid became a little bigger but not above 6.5cm( if I'm right ) she's been on fibromed for a month now and she missed her period for three days after which started spotting with brownish blood. We decided to go for a PT and scan , Scan revealed a 40+ by 42 size of fibroid and PT came back negative , period is yet to flow just spot , kindly advise accordingly
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Memunah(f): 2:19pm On May 26, 2020
williams20:
Hey Docs in the house,well done my wife has been trying to concieve since January, we lost a 5 month preggy last December (First issue) after evacuation uterine fibroid became a little bigger but not above 6.5cm( if I'm right ) she's been on fibromed for a month now and she missed her period for three days after which started spotting with brownish blood. We decided to go for a PT and scan , Scan revealed a 40+ by 42 size of fibroid and PT came back negative , period is yet to flow just spot , kindly advise accordingly

Please see a gynaecologist for best step to take next
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GreaterGraceGG(f): 4:17pm On May 26, 2020
I'm new here
My first will be 3 years in few days and I have been ttcing for the past one year, recently I don't notice any ovulation sign. So I decided to buy OPK to predict ovulation, since two days now I have been getting negative results. My last cycle was 30 days, the past ones have been 26 days, that's why I decided to start on CD11.
I don't have much OPKs, it's too expensive cry.
Rant over

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by africaflozy(f): 4:29pm On May 26, 2020
Babygal2020:

They should have told you so as to prevent future occurrence. Don't worry sis, it will end in praise.

Hope you are tracking your ovulation?

Abi o. Thanks ma'am
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Questiontime: 4:50pm On May 26, 2020
Dear All. I and my wife have been TTC. We recently did an IVF recently and to God be the glory she came out Positive. The transfer was done 3weeks ago. 3 embryos were transfered. Today, we went to the hospital for another reason and the hospital because of pending lockdown in the country asked us to do a scan. The scan was actually meant to be in the 4th week but we did it in the 3rd week. The result showed one sack was valid. We were advised to redo the scan on Saturday.
I want to asked, is it possible that the scan was done prematurely and hence the reason for the seeming poor result. Is their a chance that the other embryos would still grow before the next scan.
PS.. I am hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flourishing19(f): 9:46pm On May 26, 2020
GreaterGraceGG:
I'm new here
My first will be 3 years in few days and I have been ttcing for the past one year, recently I don't notice any ovulation sign. So I decided to buy OPK to predict ovulation, since two days now I have been getting negative results. My last cycle was 30 days, the past ones have been 26 days, that's why I decided to start on CD11.
Rant over
You're welcome. May your stay be short and fruitful here. Sabi Mama's and Papa's will be here soon to attend to you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Flourishing19(f): 9:49pm On May 26, 2020
Questiontime:
Dear All. I and my wife have been TTC. We recently did an IVF recently and to God be the glory she came out Positive. The transfer was done 3weeks ago. 3 embryos were transfered. Today, we went to the hospital for another reason and the hospital because of pending lockdown in the country asked us to do a scan. The scan was actually meant to be in the 4th week but we did it in the 3rd week. The result showed one sack was valid. We were advised to redo the scan on Saturday.
I want to asked, is it possible that the scan was done prematurely and hence the reason for the seeming poor result. Is their a chance that the other embryos would still grow before the next scan.
PS.. I am hopeful.
I pray there is a better and bigger testimony when you go for the next scan. Sabi Mama's and Papa's will be here to attend to you soon or better still, you can visit the IVF thread for your questions.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GreaterGraceGG(f): 9:59pm On May 26, 2020
Flourishing19:

You're welcome. May your stay be short and fruitful here. Sabi Mama's and Papa's will be here soon to attend to you.
Thanks kiss
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 10:38pm On May 26, 2020
williams20:
What's the unit of measurement? Confirm its mm not cm.. because 40cm is the size of a watermelon. If it's that big her stomach will definitely show even without scan.
I believe it's 40mm*42mm that's 4cm*4.2cm
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Cuppymummy: 12:32am On May 27, 2020
Congratulations iamhistreasure and Fertilady. Safe pregnancy and delivery to you!

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by williams20(m): 8:09am On May 27, 2020
sugah:

What's the unit of measurement? Confirm its mm not cm.. because 40cm is the size of a watermelon. If it's that big her stomach will definitely show even without scan.
I believe it's 40mm*42mm that's 4cm*4.2cm

unit of measurement is mm,
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 10:16am On May 27, 2020
williams20:

unit of measurement is mm,
I thought so.
Large fibroids are said to be >5cm.
A single 4cm*4cm fibroid shouldn't be a cause for concern depending on the location.
Was the fibroid the cause of the previous miscarriage?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by MummyHalo(f): 10:37am On May 27, 2020
It's children's day today! Congratulations to all of us in advance. God shall cause us to celebrate our own children.

11 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by williams20(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2020
sugah:

I thought so.
Large fibroids are said to be >5cm.
A single 4cm*4cm fibroid shouldn't be a cause for concern depending on the location.
Was the fibroid the cause of the previous miscarriage?

Doctor said it wasn't but there was actually no specific cause , two weeks earlier baby was fine on ultrasound and the next doctors appointment baby was without heart rate , my wife is still on fibromed and we are still trying to concieve , is there a need to take fertility drugs
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Howyeh(f): 12:59pm On May 27, 2020
Good day sabi Mamas.
Please, kindly help with the interpretation of this HSG result.
Thanks Mas.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Goldie16(f): 2:29pm On May 27, 2020
Howyeh:
Good day sabi Mamas.
Please, kindly help with the interpretation of my HSG result.
Thanks Mas.
I think your right tube has partial blockage while the left tube is open.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Fertilady(f): 3:28pm On May 27, 2020
There's something like a tumor on your right tube and it is partially blocked while the left tube is openquote author=Howyeh post=90013666]Good day sabi Mamas.
Thanks Mas.[/quote]
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 4:01pm On May 27, 2020
Howyeh:
Good day sabi Mamas.
Thanks Mas.
Hello.
Unfortunately you have fibroids (myoma) and it's blocking your right tube.
Fortunately, your left tube is free and conception can still occur.

***Baby dust***
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GreaterGraceGG(f): 4:18pm On May 27, 2020
Howyeh:
Good day sabi Mamas.
Thanks Mas.
I don't know so much but I know myoma means fibroid.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 4:32pm On May 27, 2020
williams20:

Doctor said it wasn't but there was actually no specific cause , two weeks earlier baby was fine on ultrasound and the next doctors appointment baby was without heart rate , my wife is still on fibromed and we are still trying to concieve , is there a need to take fertility drugs
Sorry for the ordeal.
Personally, im not a proponent of taking drugs for fibroids...the only proven drug that shrinks fibroids is lupron injections...but that's only advised prior to surgery.
Your wife might need to run some tests to be sure her hormones are back to normal, HSG to check the tubes are open and TVS to track ovulation.
You should also do SFA to check your swimmers are in top shape.

***Baby dust***

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 4:36pm On May 27, 2020
Questiontime:
PS.. I am hopeful.
I don't know much about IVF but I pray all the embryos stick and you see them by your next scan

***Baby dust***
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 4:42pm On May 27, 2020
Dp
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 4:43pm On May 27, 2020
GreaterGraceGG:
I'm new here
Rant over
Unfortunately we don't have access to cheap ovulation tracking strips in naija, you'd have to order from Amazon for a relatively cheap 50pieces ovulation test strips (wondfo).
*Suggestion*
You can dedicate one month to run TVS and actually track/confirm ovulation. Once you've confirmed you don't have issues ovulating, you can just use ovulation tracking apps and bd every other day during your fertile window.

***Baby dust***

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Howyeh(f): 4:54pm On May 27, 2020
GreaterGraceGG:

I don't know so much but I know myoma means fibroid.
Thanks mama.
I apprect
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Howyeh(f): 4:55pm On May 27, 2020
Goldie16:

I think your right tube has partial blockage while the left tube is open.
That's all.I could deduce also.
Thanks mama.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Howyeh(f): 4:56pm On May 27, 2020
sugah:

Hello.
Unfortunately you have fibroids (myoma) and it's blocking your right tube.
Fortunately, your left tube is free and conception can still occur.

***Baby dust***
Owkay...
Thanks Mama...
Amen!
My hope is raised.
God bless!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by GreaterGraceGG(f): 6:05pm On May 27, 2020
sugah:

Unfortunately we don't have access to cheap ovulation tracking strips in naija, you'd have to order from Amazon for a relatively cheap 50pieces ovulation test strips (wondfo).
*Suggestion*
You can dedicate one month to run TVS and actually track/confirm ovulation. Once you've confirmed you don't have issues ovulating, you can just use ovulation tracking apps and bd every other day during your fertile window.

***Baby dust***
Thanks mama. I think the TVS is better. I'll use hubby HMO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2790) (2791) (2792) (2793) (2794) (2795) (2796) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.