Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,038 members, 7,807,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC - Health (2896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (5392229 Views)

Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / How To Conceive A Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) ... (3053) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rejoice012: 9:36pm On May 10, 2021
Oh okay.maybe I should try the synergo. I can't bear the side effect of the parlodel anymore. Thank you mama.
greatlinda:

I had high Prolactin which caused infertility for me then after treating mine with synergo drug I was fine and I conceived the next month.so yes high Prolactin hinders fertility. As for the synergo I took it twice a week according to my doctor Tuesday and Saturday night only not to be taken during the day
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rejoice012: 9:41pm On May 10, 2021
I thought it only affects ovulation o, and since I am ovulating there isn't much to worry about. Thank you ma, God bless you
Tripletwins222:

High prolactin can hinder conception even if you're menstruating and ovulating. Maybe yours is not really high cos higher levels hinder ovulation. As other hormones are ok, try to treat the prolactin. Before taking any medication, you need to know the level of yours and the normal range. The level of your prolactin determines how long you can take the medication. And as you're taking the medication, there is need to watch and restest so as to know when it has reduced to normal to avoid going down drastically.
You can try any of these; Dostinex, Cabergonline, Vitex and B6. You can also use Ewedu and Cabbage as many have testified of their efficacies.
Whichever way you choose, I pray you achieve BFP faster than you expected. You may not even need to retest.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Rejoice012: 9:43pm On May 10, 2021
Thanks mama
sugah:

Good day mama. As others have correctly said, high prolactin can cause annovulation or blighted ovum but it is treatable and people have gone on to carry successful pregnancies. People use orthodox (ewedu therapy, cabbage) and medical (dostinex, parlodel etc) means to tackle it.

**Baby dust**
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Adebizzy(f): 11:13pm On May 10, 2021
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by greatlinda(f): 10:05am On May 11, 2021
TinaJoe:

Was ur period regular when you had high prolactin?
My period was normal just that the high Prolactin hindered my ovulation
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by m4mnkem: 10:08am On May 11, 2021
TinaJoe:

So sorry about this dear. Some doctors are so carefree when it comes to matters affecting their patients. Go to any gud pharmacy and get a supplement called TOCOVID. It helps to stop the growth of tumors and might shrink it with time. Talking from experience when one Gyno gave me Clomid that gave me up to 4 fibroids and the largest was 4cm. A frnd advised me to get the drug. I bought the pack for the price of 5k. It's one months supply. I used it for one month and when I checked back it was remaining only 2 fibroids and big one is now 3cm. Once i see mony,I will buy another one. Pls oo am not here to advertise oo cos I don't sell It.

Thanks ma I will do just that.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by m4mnkem: 10:09am On May 11, 2021
Tripletwins222:

From the scan result, it is obvious that the doctor didn't remove all the fibroids. If truly he did and there is already a new regrowth, it would not be up to 5cm within a short period of 9weeks post myomectomy.

With this scan result can one conceive with it?
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Tripletwins222: 10:40am On May 11, 2021
m4mnkem:

With this scan result can one conceive with it?

Yes, if the fibroid is not located in the womb. Some mamas have even conceived with submucous fibroids. So, nothing is impossible in the sight of God.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Pweetiebabe(f): 12:09pm On May 11, 2021
Rejoice012:
Hello fruitful mamas...baby dust to us all

Has anyone gotten pregnant or know of someone who got pregnant despite high prolactin levels?
This nurse be scaring me saying conception can not happen, and even if it does happen baby cannot be carried to term.
All other hormones are fine, just the prolactin is high. I see my period regularly, and the stretchy CM also.

Sugah, tripletwins222 Would appreciate your inputs mamas please. Thank you ma's
Mama, since your other hormones are within range just try and bring down ur prolactin level and the Lord will surprise you... I think Dostinex is one of the drugs used for high prolactin, please try and see a gynea....Baby dust Sis
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ginaz(f): 12:16pm On May 11, 2021
nneejima:

From my little knowledge, you have fibroid according to the scan which is located at the back of the uterus.there are multiple eggs too.i don't know if you stimulated ovulation or prenatals but please avoid folic acid and clomid.the fibroid size is increasing, with further stimulation of ovulation,it will grow so big which will require myeomectomy.
Let's wait for other Sabi Mama's to come and put their knowledge

Do folic acid causes fibroid? I do take folic acid cos I read in a magazine it’s good for women to take folic acid.

One thing I’ve noticed from my usage of folic acid is I get extremely wet. I may just wake up from sleep and find out my vagina is wet like okra. Any small thing I’ve gone wet. My ovulation days are hell... I have to go to the bathroom to wash off every time to take off the okra discharge.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nneejima(f): 12:33pm On May 11, 2021
Ginaz:

Do folic acid causes fibroid? I do take folic acid cos I read in a magazine it’s good for women to take folic acid.

One thing I’ve noticed from my usage of folic acid is I get extremely wet. I may just wake up from sleep and find out my vagina is wet like okra. Any small thing I’ve gone wet. My ovulation days are hell... I have to go to the bathroom to wash off every time to take off
the okra discharge.

There is no scientific evidence that folic acid causes fibroid but research said it. The logic was that folic acid helps baby to nourish & develop/grow baby in the womb but when there is no baby,it prevents total shedding on lining during menstruation thereby leading to development of fibroids.thats why they advocate people with fibroid not to take folic acid. I stand to be corrected because no be me do the research.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ginaz(f): 1:15pm On May 11, 2021
nneejima:

There is no scientific evidence that folic acid causes fibroid but research said it. The logic was that folic acid helps baby to nourish & develop/grow baby in the womb but when there is no baby,it prevents total shedding on lining during menstruation thereby leading to development of fibroids.thats why they advocate people with fibroid not to take folic acid. I stand to be corrected because no be me do the research.

Folic acid is not just for the development of baby in a woman’s body. I beg to differ! If that logic is scientifically proven, WHO and health organizations would have spread the alarm on folic acid relation with fibroids.

Besides, folic acids aids in developing new red blood cells and also protect cells. Body builders do take folic acids. Your logic is not factual and truthful. Pls do a thorough research about folic acids before you recommend someone not talking it .

Infact, WHO gave advise to women to take folic acids irrespective if they are pregnant or not .
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ginaz(f): 1:24pm On May 11, 2021
And for your information, the cause of fibroid is still medically unknown. Nobody knows what causes it and why they grow, rather the assumptions are high estrogen or genetics . your logic about folic acids is not factual.

Folic acids do not cause fibroids in women who are not pregnant none do other supplements .

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nneejima(f): 2:00pm On May 11, 2021
Ginaz:

Folic acid is not just for the development of baby in a woman’s body. I beg to differ! If that logic is scientifically proven, WHO and health organizations would have spread the alarm on folic acid relation with fibroids.

Besides, folic acids aids in developing new red blood cells and also protect cells. Body builders do take folic acids. Your logic is not factual and truthful. Pls do a thorough
research about folic acids before you recommend someone not talking it .

Infact, WHO gave advise to women to take folic acids irrespective if they are pregnant or not .
Please read my post again,we are all here to learn, we are not fighting. with my stay on this forum,I also learnt that folic acid grows fibroid. that was why I believed the study.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nneejima(f): 2:02pm On May 11, 2021
Ginaz:

Besides, folic acids aids in developing new red blood cells and also protect cells. Body builders do take folic acids. Your logic is not factual and truthful. Pls do a thorough research about folic acids before you recommend someone not talking it .

Please read my post again,we no dey fight.my stay in this forum also taught me that folic acid grows fibroid same as garlic. am saying based on people life experience.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ginaz(f): 2:35pm On May 11, 2021
nneejima:

Please read my post again,we no dey fight.my stay in this forum also taught me that folic acid grows fibroid same as garlic. am saying based on people life experience.

Those people may have had the fibroids before they noticed it. Did they do scanning of their internal organs before taking the folic acid to know it was what gave them fibroids after they took it?

And if this was the case , then it would have been known medically in the medicine world and alarm would have been issued out to warn people about it.

The cause of their fibroids wasn’t folic acid!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by cherishyy(f): 3:37pm On May 11, 2021
Ginaz:

Those people may have had the fibroids before they noticed it. Did they do scanning of their internal organs before taking the folic acid to know it was what gave them fibroids after they took it?

And if this was the case , then it would have been known medically in the medicine world and alarm would have been issued out to warn people about it.

The cause of their fibroids wasn’t folic acid!

Haaa mama please calm down. You clearly misunderstood her. She didn't say the cause of fibroid is folic acid.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ginaz(f): 3:39pm On May 11, 2021
cherishyy:

Haaa mama please calm down. You clearly misunderstood her. She didn't say the cause of fibroid is folic acid.

She said in her first post that research said folic acid cause fibroids.

Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 11, 2021
nneejima:

Yes there are quite a few different views and i can understand avoiding clomid but not folic acid.Folic acid is important for the production of red blood cells and a lack of it can lead to anaemiaTaking folic acid will help treat or prevent anaemia and iron deficiency especially when you have heavy and/or long bleeding like most people with fibroids.
Please when you find the time put up the research that says folic acid has been linked to fibroid,ild be quite interested in having a read as no knowledge is useless.
Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ginaz(f): 5:37pm On May 11, 2021
Tutu82:

Yes there are quite a few different views and i can understand avoiding clomid but not folic acid.Folic acid is important for the production of red blood cells and a lack of it can lead to anaemiaTaking folic acid will help treat or prevent anaemia and iron deficiency especially when you have heavy and/or long bleeding like most people with fibroids.
Please when you find the time put up the research that says folic acid has been linked to fibroid,ild be quite interested in having a read as no knowledge is useless.
Thank you.

There is none. I’ve spent my afternoon researching about folic acid and fibroid as side effect was not mentioned. Pls discard the knowledge as it was based on a false statement without prove.

Folic acid is very essential to the human body, not just for even pregnant women. A man can take folic acid too. Infact, it is highly recommended that women who are at child bearing age should start taking folic acid irrespective of pregnancy or not .

Folic acid in the USA is required to be in foods such as cereals, wheat, grains and such for fortification. If folic acid aids in the growth of fibroids, there would have been a general alarm about it.

And moreover , the cause of fibroids isn’t medically known , so how come the conclusion that folic acid aids in the growth or cause fibroids in something that has not be medically known what causes it ?

It’s not factual and she didn’t do a research about it on her own but she took it to heart and is giving a unreliable , unproven advise already to a lady to run away from folic acid . Someone who doesn’t know it’s not true will take it to heart too.

Besides building red blood cells, folic acids helps in giving you good skin, healthy hair and fingernails. Let’s be doing research before giving advise here cos someone may come in to read this and accept folic acid give or grow fibroids.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bukie2000: 7:22pm On May 11, 2021
Please anyone who has baby things used or new they are not using again should please give me am an expecting mom and yet to get any baby stuff thanks in advance and God bless the giver

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 11, 2021
Bukie2000:
Please anyone who has baby things used or new they are not using again should please give me am an expecting mom and yet to get any baby stuff thanks in advance and God bless the giver
Are you due before Christmas?.I come in only christmas and have loads of baby girl stuff (3m-2yrs)most brand new as my little girls passed away.If you want them when i get to Abuja we can exchange numbers and ild post out to you.Alternatively if you know any one in London can go drop it off with them for you.

1 Like

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bukie2000: 7:53pm On May 11, 2021
Tutu82:

Are you due before Christmas?.I come in only christmas and have loads of baby girl stuff (3m-2yrs)most brand new as my little girls passed away.If you want them when i get to Abuja we can exchange numbers and ild post out to you.Alternatively if you know any one in London can go drop it off with them for you.
thanks ma'am, I will be due by August but I can still use them by then.thanks so much ma'am
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 11, 2021
Bukie2000:
thanks ma'am, I will be due by August but I can still use them by then.thanks so much ma'am
You are most welcome.x.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Bukie2000: 8:18pm On May 11, 2021
Tutu82:

You are most welcome.x.
please can I have your contact
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 11, 2021
Bukie2000:
please can I have your contact
I will message you my mobile and we can connect via WhatsApp.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by sugah: 10:23pm On May 11, 2021
Tutu82, Ginaz, nneejima,

Points to note:
Fibroids are predominant in blacks .
Nigerian brand of folic acid (given at ANC ) is 5milligram(5000micrograms). Daily recommended dose of folic acid (foreign brands) is 400micrograms.

While there's still no data on how and why fibroids form (I believe if this plagues whites too there would have been ample data already), our doctors generally advise not to take the 5mg folic acid as it tends to increase the size of fibroids due to excess blood. Same reason why fibroid grows during early stages of pregnancy (for a coexisting pregnancy/fibroids) and sometimes degenerates when the baby starts growing bigger.

From personal experience, with symptomatic fibroids and 6months of nonstop bleeding my doctors only put me on iron tablets and monitored my pcv...before surgery.
With my second pregnancy and coexisting fibroids, my doctor didn't give me the Nigerian brand folic acid in the early stages of the pregnancy as I already had a case of threatened abortion (and he stated the reason too).

If you have fibroids with heavy bleeds, take iron tablets and stay away from Nigerian brand folic acid.

6 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ginaz(f): 10:38pm On May 11, 2021
Points to note:
Nigerian brand of folic acid (given at ANC ) is 5milligram(5000micrograms). Daily recommended dose of folic acid (foreign brands) is 400micrograms.

While there's still no data on how and why fibroids form (I believe if this plagues whites too there would have been ample data already), our doctors generally advise not to take the 5mg folic acid as it tends to increase the size of fibroids due to excess blood. Same reason why fibroid grows during early stages of pregnancy (for a coexisting pregnancy/fibroids) and sometimes degenerates when the baby starts growing bigger.

From personal experience, with symptomatic fibroids and 6months of nonstop bleeding my doctors only put me on iron tablets and monitored my pcv...before surgery.
With my second pregnancy and coexisting fibroids, my doctor didn't give me the Nigerian brand folic acid in the early stages of the pregnancy as I already had a case of threatened abortion (and he stated the reason too).

If you have fibroids with heavy bleeds, take iron tablets and stay away from Nigerian brand folic acid.

The reason why fibroids grow during pregnancy may be high level of estrogen and hormones . And reason why your doctor may have taken you off folic acid may be to reduced high levels of estrogen affecting you not cos folic acid making the fibroids to grow.

I have taken great pain to make thorough and deep detailed research and no where was it said folic acid and fibroids are related.

It has not be medically known what causes it so how come what isn’t known , folic acid increases the chances of growing?

If it was so, it was have been detected and folic acid won’t be recommended at all to pregnant women for fear they may have fibroids.
I need a medical proof or statement it has been known that folic acid make fibroids to grow or causes it .
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 5:50am On May 12, 2021
sugah:
Tutu82, Ginaz, nneejima,

Points to note:

Thank you for your contribution Sugah.I spoke from personal experience as well my only successful ivf was done in Abuja at the bridge clinic Abuja and my fibroid did not grow but actually shrunk and my doctor kept me on folic acid and blood thinner injections.I came back here and continued it.
I had my submucosal fibroid surgery in 2018 here and my consultant insisted i remain on iron and folic acid because of my heavy bleeding.
Maybe it’s the foreign brand against local brand issue but am sure a Nigerian Doctor can recalculate and tell a patient how dosage to take if this is the case.
I would have liked to read something verifiable.It does “plague whites as well”even though mostly blacks like you rightly said but that has nothing to do with inability to find data.Consider there is no data because previous findings were not credible enough.Sickle cell for instance is carried mostly by black and Asians and there is wealth of information everywhere.Our blackness isn’t always a reason.
Perhaps we should all,use more advisory languages on this forum instead of telling a person not to do or to do something as in desperation most people take our advice to heart immediately without doing any homework on it.
Have a good work day.

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Ginaz(f): 8:34am On May 12, 2021
Tutu82:

Thank you for your contribution Sugah.I spoke from personal experience as well my only successful ivf was done in Abuja at the bridge clinic Abuja and my fibroid did not grow but actually shrunk and my doctor kept me on folic acid and blood thinner injections.I came back here and continued it.
I had my submucosal fibroid surgery in 2018 here and my consultant insisted i remain on iron and folic acid because of my heavy bleeding.
Maybe it’s the foreign brand against local brand issue but am sure a Nigerian Doctor can recalculate and tell a patient how much to take dosage to take if that was he case.
I Would have liked to read something verifiable.It does “plague whites as well”even though mostly blacks like you rightly said but that has nothing to do with inability to find data.Consider there is no data because previous findings were not credible enough.Sickle cell for instance is carried mostly by black and Asians and there is wealth of information everywhere.Our blackness isn’t always a reason.
Perhaps we should all,use more advisory languages on this forum instead of telling a person not to do or to do something as in desperation most people take our advice to heart immediately without doing any homework on it.
Have a good work day.

Thanks for your contribution, you have done well. Tell them to do a thorough research instead of just telling someone point blank what to do or not despite no medical data to back up claims .

I was so surprised and shocked when the first poster point blank commanded a lady here not to take folic acid that it makes fibroid grow. shocked She went on to buttressed her point that they should be avoided like a plague.

All without medical proof. Imagine if a doctor recommend folic acid to his patient now, after reading the false statement, she will not take it . Then if bad thing happens they will blame doctor.

There is no database or proof, that suggests folic acid or other supplement causes fibroids. Let’s be warn that cos a lady here use her experience to give advise, doesn’t make it medically correct!

Folic acid build healthy blood cells, they help with healthy hair, skin and nails, their work in the body is not only related to pregnancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by Nobody: 9:18am On May 12, 2021
Good morning all. Please does anyone knows of a reliable alagbo woman in lagos? I intend visiting one but don't know where to go to. Kindly help with a good one on the mainland. Thank you.
Re: Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC by nneejima(f): 9:51am On May 12, 2021
sugah:
Tutu82, Ginaz, nneejima,

Points to note:

Thanks for your contribution dear, I don't like too much argument, it's a simple experiment, let he who has ear hear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) ... (3053) (Reply)

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.