Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:39 PM

Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger (23691 Views)

7 Ad Networks To Make Money On Your Blog / 3 Ways To Make Money On Youtube Without Adsense / How To Make Money On Youtube (video Blogger) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by lilslick(m): 12:02am On Jun 24, 2016
Here is the dashboard of a channel me and my friend created last week and manage together.. it's partnered with freedom and my estimated revenue is this.. please how can I correct this?

We have been working ourselves out since and my friend is already getting discouraged.. please what can I tell him to encourage him because this is my first time of trying YouTube

Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Interesting15: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
oya shoot...grin

There was a video I promoted on facebook and it got like 3k views, but I earned just a few pence. There is another one I didn't promoted, but had like 1k views via search and reccomendation (that one made over a dollar)

So, it made me have me the notion that if you promote your video (and bring views to your video), ads don't use to show like that. But if someone stumbled on your video (either by search or recommendation), it normally show the ads.

What do you think?
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 8:34am On Jun 24, 2016
Interesting15:

There was a video I promoted on facebook and it got like 3k views, but I earned just a few pence. There is another one I didn't promoted, but had like 1k views via search and reccomendation (that one made over a dollar)

So, it made me have me the notion that if you promote your video (and bring views to your video), ads don't use to show like that. But if someone stumbled on your video (either by search or recommendation), it normally show the ads.

What do you think?
Three factors determine the amount you get for ever 1000 ad views....remember I use "ad views" and not just views....the three factors are 1....the location of where the viewers are coming from...e.g if the views come from nigeria the kind of ads that will be shown on your video will be different from the ads that will shown on your video if the views is from usa.....2....it depends on the kind of views you get,if the viewers are viewing the video from a mobile phone then of course you should know that most mobile view do not show ads except some very few phones like maybe iPhone6 ...so desktop views(views from a computer) shows ads than views from a phone......3...another factor is the kind of ads monetized with your video....a true view ads pay more than a banner ad...a true view ads can pay up to 5$ per 1000 views on average...true view ads is the ad that plays before the video starts,the amount you get per the views will be determined by how long the viewer watched the ad before skipping the ad to watch the video...but by default you get paid fully for the views if your viewer watch it for at least 30 seconds.....now the bottom line is try to make sure your most of your views are coming from a country like us,uk,Canada etc...because the truth is that most Nigerians or Africans do not wait for the ads to play before they skip the video because of their internet subscription...grin most people in nigeria do not have megabyte to waste for video in nigeria...and most viewers from nigeria view it from their phone...or even view it for few seconds and download the video directly instead of viewing it and that will affect the amount you will get paid for the views....one of the best ways to promote your youtube video directly to outsiders without paying a dime is Instagram......post the link to any random Instagram users and watch them spread the video to their friends without you asking them...many Instagram users in Europe and America love to share videos especially funny videos....infact most of the top 10!viewed videos on youtube are always having at least a bit of comedy in it....another way to get views on your video is to use a searchable tag....for example use the tag "top ten" on your video settings ...what this does is that millions of Internet users searching for videos on YouTube love to start their search terms with something like "top ten music videos,top ten funny videos,etc....and when they click search YouTube algorithm will display most viewed videos in the country where the viewer is coming from and it will also display videos that has tags as "top ten" and in that way your video can come out on the result list...there are more..just continue watching the thread...

9 Likes

Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2016
lilslick:
Here is the dashboard of a channel me and my friend created last week and manage together.. it's partnered with freedom and my estimated revenue is this.. please how can I correct this?

We have been working ourselves out since and my friend is already getting discouraged.. please what can I tell him to encourage him because this is my first time of trying YouTube
Why didn't you partner directly with YouTube??
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 8:36am On Jun 24, 2016
lilslick:

Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_klJXchEgH4
I must confess those videos are funny..:grin

1 Like

Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Interesting15: 8:43am On Jun 24, 2016
lilslick:

I will advice you to have patience. Many big YouTube guys started small. Between, you now have over 100+ subscribers- that shows you are making progress.

I will like you to explain the part you said "it's partnered with freedom". What do you mean?
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Interesting15: 8:46am On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
Three factors determine the amount you get for ever 1000 ad views....remember I use "ad views" and not just views....the three factors are 1....the location of where the viewers are coming from...e.g if the views come from nigeria the kind of ads that will be shown on your video will be different from the ads that will shown on your video if the views is from usa.....2....it depends on the kind of views you get,if the viewers are viewing the video from a mobile phone then of course you should know that most mobile view do not show ads except some very few phones like maybe iPhone6 ...so desktop views(views from a computer) shows ads than views from a phone......3...another factor is the kind of ads monetized with your video....a true view ads pay more than a banner ad...a true view ads can pay up to 5$ per 1000 views on average...true view ads is the ad that plays before the video starts,the amount you get per the views will be determined by how long the viewer watched the ad before skipping the ad to watch the video...but by default you get paid fully for the views if your viewer watch it for at least 30 seconds.....now the bottom line is try to make sure your most of your views are coming from a country like us,uk,Canada etc...because the truth is that most Nigerians or Africans do not wait for the ads to play before they skip the video because of their internet subscription...grin most people in nigeria do not have megabyte to waste for video in nigeria...and most viewers from nigeria view it from their phone...or even view it for few seconds and download the video directly instead of viewing it and that will affect the amount you will get paid for the views....one of the best ways to promote your youtube video directly to outsiders without paying a dime is Instagram......post the link to any random Instagram users and watch them spread the video to their friends without you asking them...many Instagram users in Europe and America love to share videos especially funny videos....infact most of the top 10!viewed videos on youtube are always having at least a bit of comedy in it....another way to get views on your video is to use a searchable tag....for example use the tag "top ten" on your video settings ...what this does is that millions of Internet users searching for videos on YouTube love to start their search terms with something like "top ten music videos,top ten funny videos,etc....and when they click search YouTube algorithm will display most viewed videos in the country where the viewer is coming from and it will also display videos that has tags as "top ten" and in that way your video can come out on the result list...there are more..just continue watching the thread...

Thanks ma'am. But instagram doesn't show clickable URL except in your bio.
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2016
Interesting15:

Think out of the box bro...
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by lilslick(m): 9:26am On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
Why didn't you partner directly with YouTube??

Interesting15:

I will advice you to have patience. Many big YouTube guys started small. Between, you now have over 100+ subscribers- that shows you are making progress.

I will like you to explain the part you said "it's partnered with freedom". What do you mean?

According to what I read on the Internet Adsense revenue sharing is 55/45 but freedom is 60/40 and it can rise overtime depending on your CPM, my 2nd YouTube channel is partnered directly with Adsense tho..

crazymommy:
I must confess those videos are funny..:grin

Thanks grin watch another from my 2nd channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XtuYNXT_Zs cheesy cheesy
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by lilslick(m): 9:34am On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
.cause the truth is that most Nigerians or Africans do not wait for the ads to play before they skip the video because of their internet subscription...grin most people in nigeria do not have megabyte to waste for video in nigeria...and most viewers from nigeria view it from their phone...or even view it for few seconds and download the video directly instead of viewing it and that will affect the amount you will get paid for the views......

Naija I hail.. I'll try this Instagram method o
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 9:44am On Jun 24, 2016
lilslick:

According to what I read on the Internet Adsense revenue sharing is 55/45 but freedom is 60/40 and it can rise overtime depending on your CPM, my 2nd YouTube channel is partnered directly with Adsense D
Don't be fooled by what those YouTube partners like freedom and co is telling you,most of them reduce the number of monetized views you get on your video...your video might get 100000 views they know how to manipulate it and tell you it got just 70000 views and ur payment calculation will be based on the 70000 views....if you are not doing click fraud on your ads then Google adsense with YouTube monetization Is okay for you..
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Interesting15: 10:05am On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
Think out of the box bro...
Alright ma'am. Thanks..

You entertain pms?
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 10:11am On Jun 24, 2016
Interesting15:

Alright ma'am. Thanks..

You entertain pms?
no for now....ask anything you want to ask here,and if it's a question I cannot answer here then I could probably entertain your pms...goodluck...

1 Like

Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Interesting15: 10:15am On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
no for now....ask anything you want to ask here,and if it's a question I cannot answer here then I could probably entertain your pms...goodluck...

Alright. Which types of videos you do upload (and where do you get them without copyright infringement)

You can also continue the teaching for the sake of others
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 10:20am On Jun 24, 2016
Interesting15:

Alright. Which types of videos you do upload (and where do you get them without copyright infringement)

You can also continue the teaching for the sake of others
If you see any Ghana movie thriller on YouTube ,just know that out of every 10 ghana movies thriller on YouTube eight is coming from me....grin I won't tell you my name on YouTube....
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Interesting15: 10:22am On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
If you see any Ghana movie thriller on YouTube ,just know that out of every 10 ghana movies thriller on YouTube eight is coming from me....grin I won't tell you my name on YouTube....

Hmmmn. Well, I'm just being careful with copyright stuff.
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 10:26am On Jun 24, 2016
Interesting15:

Hmmmn. Well, I'm just being careful with copyright stuff.
well in my own case I do approach the movie producer and tell them I want to help them to advertise their video for free on YouTube and infact they even thank me for wanting to help them advertise their movies...remember I said Ghana movie thrillers??remember the word "thriller" I am not showing the full movie but just the advert preview of the movie..just like you see on advertisement of a particular movie...

2 Likes

Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Interesting15: 10:31am On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
well in my own case I do approach the movie producer and tell them I want to help them to advertise their video for free on YouTube and infact they even thank me for wanting to help them advertise their movies...remember I said Ghana movie thrillers??remember the word "thriller" I am not showing the full movie but just the advert preview of the movie..just like you see on advertisement of a particular movie...

Alright ma'am
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by lilslick(m): 10:39am On Jun 24, 2016
crazymommy:
Don't be fooled by what those YouTube partners like freedom and co is telling you,most of them reduce the number of monetized views you get on your video...your video might get 100000 views they know how to manipulate it and tell you it got just 70000 views and ur payment calculation will be based on the 70000 views....if you are not doing click fraud on your ads then Google adsense with YouTube monetization Is okay for you..

Ahhh I never saw this on my review of freedom.. they sent the invitation to me on their own.. I will opt out sharply.. thanks for the info wink
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 10:49am On Jun 24, 2016
lilslick:

Ahhh I never saw this on my review of freedom.. they sent the invitation to me on their own.. I will opt out sharply.. thanks for the info wink
Alright..
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by bedfordng(m): 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
lilslick:

the first video on your channel is not monetized. The second video is monitized. You can see the dollar icon displays in gray while the second video dollar symbol display green which shows it is monetized. You may want to check the rest of your video to see if they are monetized or not
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by segunjowo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
CrazyMommy thanks for this thread. I am following. Please guide me. I have a lot of question concerning this topic. For a start, how do I make a video recording my work-e.g, teaching people how to use Excel software or how to draw a an organogram flowchat using Excel or Word- over my laptop? What kind of camera can I use that will be steady enough to capture the work on the screen considering my laptop camera can only capture my face but not the screen?
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 5:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
segunjowo:
CrazyMommy thanks for this thread. I am following. Please guide me. I have a lot of question concerning this topic. For a start, how do I make a video recording my work-e.g, teaching people how to use Excel software or how to draw a an organogram flowchat using Excel or Word- over my laptop? What kind of camera can I use that will be steady enough to capture the work on the screen considering my laptop camera can only capture my face but not the screen?
is it your face u want to sell or the information??grin anyways get a good cannon camera ,u can get some for even 15k...then get a mic.....the mic will be for the audio part so that your audio can be clear when recording the video..since your video is about teaching then people are more interested in the information u want to share with them and not ur face....Na ur face dem wan chop...grin

1 Like

Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Brightgem(f): 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
Interesting15:

yes, u cud edit a small version on instagram, then add the youtube channel info at the end, If its that cool they will want to see more.

1 Like

Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by yunnyp(m): 6:13am On Jun 25, 2016
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:42pm On Jun 25, 2016
crazymommy:
This is the perfect thread I was looking for, how can somebody change the country he or she gets views especially if that person started with Nigeria
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by crazymommy(f): 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2016
Ucheosefoh:
This is the perfect thread I was looking for, how can somebody change the country he or she gets views especially if that person started with Nigeria
go to your YouTube account ,go to settings and you can change your country...or go to YouTube directly and below the page u will see where you change the country,select worldwide....
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Ucheosefoh(m): 1:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
crazymommy:
go to your YouTube account ,go to settings and you can change your country...or go to YouTube directly and below the page u will see where you change the country,select worldwide....
Thanks a lot
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by SirdimayG(m): 3:30pm On Jun 25, 2016
Nice thread..... Following I created only a video on my channel..... I aim to do more but I don't have time but am determine I will get back to it soon...... The video is about how to change imei on Nokia xl.... Or can you give me good... Content to create good video on??
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 25, 2016
Thanks for all the info so far ma'am..God bless!!
Pls Is der anything like Blackhat in YouTube also,I mean click fraud?
And how can I write text on my video or after watching so people can subscribe to my YouTube channel.
I also need ur review on my YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZl7Iuyq4S5A5cima9q8jhg
Thanks in anticipation!!!
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by Exclusiveslog(m): 5:13am On Jun 26, 2016
Mommy infact you are such a nice mama... . Patiently following the thread.
Re: Make Money On Youtube As A Video Blogger by bobojoshua(m): 2:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
crazymommy:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / Building A Search Engine Like Google / Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.