Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members (37581 Views)

Amosun Rescues Idiat Babalola From Angry Youths At Adeleke's Burial / Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows / Senator Akpabio Mobbed By Youths At A Wedding Reception In Akwa Ibom. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by metroparrot: 9:31pm On Jun 23, 2016

Yenogoa in Bayelsa state indicates that some members of the Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) sympathetic to the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state were attacked by other members sympathetic to the Peoples Democratic party (PDP).

According to an eye witness, president of the Ijaw Youth Congress (IYC) Udeng Eradiri, who is a PDP member stormed Rhythm 95.7 FM radio station with over 50 thugs and attacked the spokesman and mobilisation Officer, of the group, Mike Edounkumor and Wisdom Ikuli respectively, who were both participating in a radio programme anchored by Lishman Onisodemunya.

Edounkumor and Ikuli are said to be loyal members of the APC in the group who have severally opposed the leadership of the president.

The witness said shortly after the thugs stormed the radio station with the backing of some policemen, they fired sporadically into the air before storming the studio to beat up Edounkumor and Ikuli on a live radio programme.

“The thugs severely manhandled the two men in the studio, before the police providing them cover picked them up in handcuffs and drove them to the police station.” the witness said.

An eye witness video shows the two APC members being moved into the premises of the police in Yenogoa while still exchanging words with their attackers.

As at press time, Edounkumor is said to be currently in coma and has been rushed to an undisclosed hospital in Yenogoa.

The IYC spokesman who was also attacked said the Commissioner of Police has been briefed of the incident.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/efcc-closes-fraud-case-against-ex-gov.html
Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by krasican(m): 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
Election is over.what's d problem with these guys

14 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by Flexherbal(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
Are there no law enforcement agents in that area?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by phemmyutd(m): 10:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
Are they Fulani Herdsmen too?

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by Taryur3(m): 10:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
Is nigeria truly as a nation turning to a zoo?...Arise o compatriots pls..

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by truthspeaks: 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
grin

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by Mimexy(f): 10:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
You guys and politics don't go too well

5 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
g
Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by opeoluwa20(m): 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ask jona
Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by salabscholar01(m): 10:24pm On Jun 23, 2016
ok
Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hmmmm.

Anything Ijaw youth is synonymous with violence.

There are always different factions.

Both PDP and APC factions are all killers.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by kansity(m): 10:25pm On Jun 23, 2016
Is Buhari also the reason for this mess?

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by cococandy(f): 10:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
WTH?

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by ricsman(m): 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
the youths aren't still ready

9 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by francezB(m): 10:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ijaw boi again, d movie is getting hot

3 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by sosanova: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
[size=13pt] grin grin grin
APC no dey hear word, we have told them times without numbers that;
PDP is Niger Delta
Niger Delta is PDP
[/size]

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by Tochytee(m): 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bayelsa state has always been in the news for the wrong reasons, this is purely political, the war btw PDP and APC seems to be more deadly than I taught, who knows if the APC member live on radio was making provocative statement against the PDP on Radio which could attract such a treatment from their opposition.. My taught tho

9 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by mekonglobal(m): 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
Its quite unfortunate...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by alt3r3g0: 10:31pm On Jun 23, 2016
By their supporters you shall know them

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by Fanyogoyogo: 10:32pm On Jun 23, 2016
[size=18pt]Biafran fighters. [/size]

divide9ja:

[s]When it Favours the west they try to divide the South-SOuth & South-East.
When it does'nt they accept that we are one people.
When the NDA warned Buhari that his visit will be his death, everybody said let the Army wipe out the South-South & South-East.
It shows that as the West is united with the North, that they know that the South-South is united with the South-East grin grin grin grin
Well what Fanyogoyogo said shows that in the South-East & South-South that it's "All for One, One for All" grin grin grin grin
Make the West & North begin Fear
PS
MOD no ban me oh, I beg you.[/s]

Yawn. Unity that thrives on Yoruba phobia won't last. I pity your like and apkabios of the SS.
Yorubas always stands alone. And they stand strong.

24 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by JimiOgunlola: 10:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
I was in the East throughout last year and I know that one of the greatest sin you can commit over there is being an APC member or openly pro-Buhari. You'll look like a murderer in their eyes. I don't blame them though, Buhari keeps spilling blood over there and yet expect them to embrace him. How is that possible?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by oweman: 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=krasican post=46865558]Election is over.what's d problem with these guys
They are still avenging the losIfs of thier ijaw drunken brother .

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by richidinho(m): 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
grin
And nobody noticed the source which says about closure of ex gov case

Lalasticlala mynd44 is this link good enough to make FP?
http://www.metronaija.com/2016/06/efcc-closes-fraud-case-against-ex-gov.html

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by histemple: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
The two people attacked have been causing problems within the IYC. Some politicians were using them to disorganise the IYC.

I contacted relevant authorities in the state and I was shocked to know that the two people attacked, were acting in disobedience to a high court ruling restraining them from conducting themselves as IYC executives.

According to the court ruling, (copies of which has been sent to me) Eradiri Udengs and Barr. Eric Omare remain the bonafide president and spokesman respectively.

6 Likes

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by vislabraye(m): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
phemmyutd:
Are they Fulani Herdsmen too?

No. Fulani herdsmen would have sacked the whole community there and set the place on fire. undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
Bayelsa self
Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by xxxtedyxxx(m): 10:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
lol uselesa country
Re: Ijaw Youths At Rhythm 95.7FM Radio Programme In Bayelsa, Attack APC Members by fr3do(m): 10:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
Fanyogoyogo:
[size=18pt]Biafran fighters. [/size]

Mbok, what has Biafra got to do with this?
this is Ijaw matter, it isn't even pdp or apc matter.
politics parties in Nigeria are not based on ideologies, they are just vehicles through which politicians with selfish, tribal and religious interests achieve their crooked goals.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tell Me One Thing I Said That Is Not True – Lai Mohammed / Igbo Lady From Imo Praises Buhari For Rehabilitating Her Home Town Roads / Mrs Buhari Didn't Address 'edo Prostitute' In A Ridiculous Way (punch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.